Post-Apocalyptic Roleplay OOC and Interest thread.

Started by Meeka, November 05, 2011, 11:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meeka

In-Character Thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123929.0
Open to more characters.

Darkness... The afternoon sun was suddenly blocked out and nothing but darkness remained. A growl could be heard, dripping thickly frustration and disdain. Kelly slid herself out from beneath the vehicle, cursing it and anything else she could think to blame her misfortune on, even as she wiped the blackened motor oil from her face with a dirty sleeve. It would take ages to salvage the parts to repair small buggy. It would be a dangerous task as well, the raiders seemed to be more aggressive lately, and she would make for an easy target without her patchwork creation of rusted metal and engine parts she pretended was a serviceable vehicle. A spanner wrench crashed loudly into a pile of scrap on a cluttered work bench. "Maybe I can trade some fuel or some ammo for a little protection... Or labor, everyone has some gear they need fixed, the wasteland really wears equipment down." She brushed her straying red hair from her eyes and took a deep breath.

Would anyone be interested in some post-apocalyptic roleplay, possibly Fallout based?

yobo

I like the post-apocalyptic setting, but haven't played Fallout, so it would have to be a more "general" post-apocalyptic setting. Do you have any other thoughts about where you want the roleplay to go?

Just to let you know, I don't have much experience with roleplays, and none in a forum like this. But if you still wanna do something with this setting, I'm intrigued.

Meeka

The Fallout setting isn't a must by any means, it's just one that I'm familiar with and one that many people can identify with. A more generalized post-apocalyptic setting would be fine. I have nearly zero experience with forum roleplay as well, so you're not alone there.

yobo

I skimmed through parts of the Wikipedia-article on the first Fallout-game, and it sort of reminded of the Mad Max-movies at first glance. Spinning off your first post, a setting where vehicles are essential for survival, but fuel and spare parts are hard to come by and the desolated landscape is dry and strangers must be approached with caution. Maybe small societies has emerged around oil reserves or water. There could be scattered pieces of roads with tarmac left, but mostly you have to drive around offroad.

Does any of this sounds good?

Meeka

That sounds fairly accurate to me and as long as we both have the same basic idea on the setting I don't see any problem at all. Also, I ADORE Mad Max movies.

yobo

The Mad Max-movies are always great to watch.  :-)

Do you have any ideas regarding to what we would do in the roleplay? Like a quest or something like that. I was thinking about doing some sort of a traveler, maybe looking for something in an area he doesn't know very well.

Erotisch

Now this sounds like something I'd be interested in being involved in.   ;D

Fallout is something I've never played but going by the descriptions here, I don't think it would be too difficult to RP.

Meeka

It's great to have some interest, I'm going to think on specifics overnight, and maybe we can share some ideas tomorrow. I don't mind playing the roll of "pseudo-DM " and playing out non player characters and working plot elements in, if that would help.

Meeka

I was thinking that if there's at least more than one person interested I could turn this into a small group roleplay, say no more than 3-4 players including myself, as long as no one who has show interest so far has any problem with it. If we do end up going to a small group roleplay then I can set up the scenes and locations and play minor characters during the story, depending on how things play out. I'm fairly new to forum based roleplay, so I'm not exactly sure how everything is supposed to play out, but I am kind of thinking it doesn't matter so much as long as everyone is having fun. Maybe we can start with a small writeup on characters, nothing fancy, just a name, physical description, profession of sorts, and maybe some of their motivations or goals, this may make it easier to see how characters might relate.

Erotisch

Meeka, I'm going to pull out of this now. I'm sorry. I have just been placed on hold and I have to wait 6 months to reapply, so I'm going on hiatus for a few months until the time to my reapplication nears. You'll get more interest, I'm sure.   :-)

Meeka

Aww okay, I appreciate the interest, and if you change your mind this roleplay is staying non-adult so I think you can participate if you like. I'm sorry that you got placed on hold, I would still be happy to welcome you into the roleplay if your mind changes. I hope you have better luck in the future. Best wishes.

yobo

I have no problem with having 3-4 players involved here. Hopefully someone will jump onboard.

Too bad about your application, Erotisch. Hope too see you here again in the future.

Meeka

I'm going to go ahead and create an in-character thread for this roleplay. I'm thinking that things can start in a tavern of sorts, as most classic adventures do. I'll writeup an introduction and a description of the location, along with a short writeup of my character. Once you create your own description for your character, I'll add it to the post with mine. This way we'll have a starting point and an organized list of our characters and any other characters we decide to add. Do you have any suggestions or ideas on a better way to do this?

yobo

A tavern in a sort of a rough community sounds like a good starting place. I'll do some thinking about my character, and see if I can't come up with something.

And it sounds like a good idea to get a in-character thread started, that way it won't just die away waiting for more people. Something "more people needed" in the thread title will hopefully get some more people joining in.

Meeka

I agree with that. My biggest regret so far is the thread title on put on this thread. I think many people are skipping right over it, not realizing the sort of roleplay request that it is, which is my fault. I'll put a link to the in-character thread in my original post here as soon as I create it.

And I just noticed that I can, indeed, change the title. Hopefully this generates more interest.

yobo

I noticed the change, almost made me miss the thread.  ;D

Meeka

How ironic! I have it and the IC thread bookmarked so I can pick up on new post easier. Luckily, it changes the information in there too.

yobo

I liked the opening in the main thread. Will get my character down on paper when I get home from work today.

Capone

Hey guys, just dropping my interest in here. I'll give it a more thorough look tomorrow. I'm seeing if we can get the non-Adult section more active so newbies will have more to do and anyone put on hold still has reason to stick around.

Meeka

The non-adult section does seem to be a little inactive compared to the rest of the site. Of course, no one can be blamed for this since this is primarily an adult roleplaying board, but non-adult is just as fun! I hope you decide to join us Capone and I look forward to your character Yobo. I'll flesh out the opening a bit more as I get a better idea of what sort of characters will be be playing.

Capone

Alright, my intro is up. Sorry it's a bit rushed. Real life is starting to interfere.

Meeka

No problem, feel free to take your time, I don't think anyone is ready to get started just yet anyway.

Capone

Right, so I didn't realize youtube links automatically posted the video in the forum. I removed it so it wouldn't be so...well, what it was.

Meeka

Haha. No worries. I thought it was a little odd also, but I assumed it was intentional so I wasn't too worried about it. I'm going to wait a bit and see if we gather anymore interest here, if not I'm going to get started with the two characters you both have made and if someone shows interest after they can be worked into the story in a different way.

yobo