Who here plays TT RPG games

Started by AtlasEros, November 08, 2010, 09:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meikle

Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Kunoichi

I usually play D&D 3.5, though it's been a while since I've actually played it at a tabletop.

Paranoia was kinda fun, though...

Amberghylles

I have played... a lot of games.  Currently I'm running a Shadowrun game.

Blinks

Quote from: HairyHeretic on November 10, 2010, 12:56:09 PM
What book is that?

Broken Wing Crane. Should only be $5 or so. It's essentially the bits they had to cut out of Infernals.
Battle cattle are indeed a formidable foe

HairyHeretic

Can't say the Infernals really interest me. My group wouldn't play them, so I might only ever make use of them as opponents.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

meikle

That is sad news.  Infernals are so awesome, and BWC just made them awesomer:

Broken Winged Crane has Heretical Charms, which Infernals can use to redefine their Exaltations -- by reformatting their Exaltations into their own unique Castes and creating their own self-defining Charm trees, Primordial-style. :D

O and O and Discord
A and A

HairyHeretic

My group aren't really big on playing evil characters. I probably do best in that regard.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

meikle

O and O and Discord
A and A

HairyHeretic

I would have enough trouble getting them to accept a ronin Abyssal, let alone an Infernal.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Blinks

Quote from: HairyHeretic on November 10, 2010, 05:37:36 PM
Can't say the Infernals really interest me. My group wouldn't play them, so I might only ever make use of them as opponents.

To be honest, i tend to play as Solars mostly myself. Lunars now and then when the urge takes me. I'm a big fan of the shiny.  The infernals though are kind of intresting. In a whole "grow into unspeakable abominations" plus the background fluff tends to mostly be fun. If nothing else though they do make excellent opponents.

I mean, hell, they've got an entire section devoted towards acting like an evil overlord to deal with penalties and bonuses.

HairyHeretic

I've played Solars and Lunars. I'd be interested in playing a Sidereal or Abyssal, maybe even a Dragonblood. Infernals and Alchemicals never did it for me.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Blinks

Quote from: HairyHeretic on November 10, 2010, 07:03:48 PM
I've played Solars and Lunars. I'd be interested in playing a Sidereal or Abyssal, maybe even a Dragonblood. Infernals and Alchemicals never did it for me.

Alchemicals i find tend to suffer more from the "add-on" feel than anyone else. Even Lunars. Infernals make excellent opponents. I feel probarbly more so than Abyssals. I generally tend to feel that anything you can pull off with an Abyssal you could likely manage with a Solar. Infernals though are very much "something else" rather than a broken mirror.

MikeH5

I've only run 3rd edition, whgich due to poor book design gave my new players headaches. 4th edition is utterly wonderful though.

Cold Heritage

I'd love Exalted more if . . . well, there's tons they could change and I'd love it more, but the rules. Man, those rules.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

AtlasEros

Quote from: meikle on November 09, 2010, 09:26:13 PM
Should totes look into 3e!  It is all the stuff that is good about 2e and then better
Sounds good, I've just learned the 2nd rules, so it'll likely be a while before we get to 3rd but I'm open to it.
O/O

AtlasEros

Quote from: Valerian on November 10, 2010, 01:11:26 PM
I've played... uh, lots and lots of systems.  Heh.  I learned on 2nd edition D&D, then tried GURPS and decided that was the system for me; but since I'm always willing to try a new system, I've since played everything from Chill to Toon.  (Not Exalted, though, I'm afraid -- I just don't know anyone local who plays that.)

But I have a regular Saturday game, where we're currently figuring out how to break the GM's homebrew system into little pieces.  AKA playtesting it.  :D
Love your avatar, great pic.  I too started on AD&D & have played both Chill & Toon.  I actually liked both of those games.  Only played chill once, at a Con but I like horror games & it was fun.
O/O