Pathfinder 2nd Edition: Age of Ashes

Started by SINless, August 15, 2019, 08:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulanowa

Quote from: ChaoticSky on August 23, 2019, 08:28:25 PM
Anyone else notice there doesnt seem to be a way to get 18 in any stat at chargen? You get three sources of boosts but cant double up on any one of them, so the highest you can hit without taking additional flaws is 16. Or did i miss something?

*edit, on second thought, i had a look at Ceres sheet, and holy shit those ability scores are way higher than mine. Where did you get your stats from Autocad?

You might be missing hte four "free" bonuses you get after applying your ancestry, background, and class bonuses

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Chulanowa on August 23, 2019, 08:49:04 PM
You might be missing hte four "free" bonuses you get after applying your ancestry, background, and class bonuses
...That makes alot more sense, holy crap thats a small mention though. I literally never saw it until i Ctrl-Fed it.

Golden Spider

If there's still space here i'd be down, Not familiar with PF but i am currently playing another pbp using Starfinder
Here are my O/Os: http://bit.ly/1HmHtRE 

I have taken the Oath of the Drake: http://tinyurl.com/ptea68l

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Golden Spider on August 23, 2019, 09:48:21 PM
If there's still space here i'd be down, Not familiar with PF but i am currently playing another pbp using Starfinder
its Pathfinder 2e, no one is familiar with it!  ;D

SINless

A: Ancestry. Three boosts + one flaw (or two boosts if human)
B: Background. Two boosts
C: Class. One Boost
D: Determine abilities: Four free boosts

In total you can get one 18, and one 16 at least

SINless

Quote from: Golden Spider on August 23, 2019, 09:48:21 PM

It will be new for everyone as CS said. Some things will seem eerily familiar to starfinders, other things will be wholly different.

GreenFlame

You get boosts from:
Existing
Race
Class
And Background.

All added up, you can get 18.

Golden Spider

SINless

Chulanowa

So, kinda shook while i'm calculating stuff. Apparently, my wizard gets to have AC 16, and a spell / ability DC of 17?

I mean I guess it makes sense, since the system moved so hard away from NEEDING magic items to get those sort of bonuses up, but still, wow.

ChaoticSky

Name: Kell
Ancestry: Dwarf (Forge heritage)
Background: Out of Towner
Class: Monk
Gender / Orientation: Female / bisexual.
Background
Tldr: Kell was born to a whore in Kaer Maga, but eventually got picked up by her extended family in Janderhof, where she learned to be a proper dorf and got pushed into finishing schoola monastic order to help her adjust. She actually got along fairly well but eventually decided she needed to leave, so she did. Skirted Lake Gothboi and eventually ended up in Iger where the story starts.
-
Kell was born in the Hospice District of Kaer Maga to a comely dwarven prostitute, she never knew her father, but her mother told her that he was a merchant from nearby Janderhoff. Kaer Maga is a chaotic and frighteningly laid back place and growing up in it's hospitality district is quite the experience. But not wholly a bad one, for all that the young dwarf was exposed to many adult things and the seedier underbelly of civilization, there were also benefits. One of many whoredaughters, Kell enjoyed the company of friends from many races, but far and away more humans than others whidh gave her ample opportunities to understand them more than many Dwarves care to. By the same token, she had many adults in her life to learn life’s lessons from; the workers of Hospice stick together, and while she didn't grow up with a proper clan, she did have many aunts and uncles who were happy (if exasperated) to put up with her and the other children’s endless questions.

This all changed however, when a serious well-to-do dwarf turned up looking for Kell’s mother, and in actuality; Kell herself. Turns out her father had been killed on an expedition, and when the clan when through his effects, they discovered his liaison, and sent a steward to find out if anything became of it. This lead to a very long discussion that Kell herself was not privvy too, but in the end it was decided that hte young girl would accompany her great uncle twice removed back to Janderhoff to give her a better future than her mother could have offered, surrounded by kith and kin.

The move from Kaer Maga to Janderhoff was quite a change for Kell, who went from being surrounded by streetwalkers in one of the most permissive cities on the face of Golarion to bing surrounded by warriors and smiths in the staunchly traditional clan halls of one of the few surviving dwarven Sky Keeps. Nonetheless, Kell adapted, learned a ‘proper trade’ in the arts of the Forge for which Janderhoff is famous across the Inner Sea, though she never excelled there. Indeed, by Dwarven measure she was quite a queer lass and lacked respect for a great many things Dwarves normally held dear. In an attempt to help her overcome her less than traditional upbringing, she was strongly encouraged to join the Order Of Mountain’s Root, a monastic order of monks who dwelled long upon the nature of earth and stone, and who built fighting arts modeled after the unyielding spires of the mountains themselves. A far cry from the animal based styles of other folk.

It was not a good match, at first, and Kell returned home each night with more than her fair share of bruises to prove it. But in time she found a balance between her wild heart and the essence of stone flowing through her blood and became a valued if odd member of the Order. Though she found a strange sort of peace with the monks, by the time she was a woman in truth Kell knew that she could not stay. Since nothing could truly smother the thread of cheerful chaos in her soul, she knew she would eventually grow bitter with regret if she did not go out to see the wider world.

So she did something no proper dwarf could object to: she made plans to visit Highhelm, the greatest and chiefest of Dwarven holds in this age. What she did not convey to anyone else was that she was in no hurry at all to arrive at her eventual destination. She did not afterall, tell them she planned to go straight there now did she? She did not. Instead she set out first for Kaer Maga to visit her mother for the first time in many long years, and after catching up with the woman and assuring herself that the woman was in good health and catching up with her for a time, set out across the Inner Sea region. Cutting through the edge of the Mindspin Mountains, Kell skirted the Hold of Belzken and the Gravelands before dipping south into Nimathas and Oprak before breaking east into Molthune and then to Isger, where she eventually ended up in one town in particular….

Personality
As a child of two worlds, Kell often comes off as somewhat strange to nearly everyone. She's quick to smile and friendly in the sort of way that Dwarves almost never are, with an almost naturally seductive lit to her voice and movements, despite her powerful physique. On the other hand she is equally quick to scowl, and places much value on honour and agreements in a manner that is so very dwarven, along with a stubborn streak as wide as the sky itself!

She is however, a fundamentally good person who values community and cooperation above both rules and freedom. Once caught between the more orderly manner of Dwarves and the much more whimsical ways of her mother, she found her own morals in the bonds she made with others. Her early childhood in Kaer Maga’s Hospice District stressed the importance of community for love, support, protection and learning important life skills, while her later years only reinforced that with a vengeance as she found herself living within the unyielding bonds of dwarven family and clan.

Kell primarily worships Trudd, the dwarven god of strength and protection, given that she shares her value of community and willingness to defend it with him. Being far less regimented and accepting of the new and young also drew her to the god, given her own youth and semi-outsider status. Beyond him however, she offers respectful prayers Torag, the less lawful dwarven deities like Bolka, and her mother’s patron Calistria, in her aspect as the goddess of prostitution.

Full sheet here! Has all the details: Ah yiss
(and the Overview, that tab on the top left, has organized bookmarks!) Also i could do with someone to look it over and see if i buggered anything up.

Cant find good lady dwarf monks art, so im going to fall back on the implication from the Dwarves of Golarion book that only male dwarves look like barrels with arms and legs. So i could do with a few opinions, A or B?
THESE ARE NOW DWARVES. >.>
A

B

Silim

Emris Miradithas
Name (currently): Emris Miradithas
Species: Elf (Seer)
Gender/Sexuality: Male/Straight
Background: Hunter
Class: Druid (Order of the Storm)

Backstory: Emris is young - for an elf, at least. Born to those of his people very much in tune with the natural world around them, he from childhood showed another exceptional connection - a connection to the power of magic all around them, capable of sensing its presence and even studying to analyze what he could, an insatiable curiosity growing in him. As an even younger elf, he learned to contribute to his people's survival by hunting in the natural world, becoming an expert tracker and hunter in the process. Like it is the norm for his people, he took his time learning and studying every little aspect of his chosen profession, and of the environment he so desperately relied on, in the process.

And through that careful study, his two abilities came to meet. He saw the magic in the natural world around them - and it, in turn, whispered to him, nestled into his mind, and he nurtured this feeling continuously over the years. This connection grew over time - until, finally, he became capable of using this connection to utilize magic himself without any formal training, though at least the latter part didn't last too long. Knowing that alone he couldn't progress, he said farewell to his home - maybe for a decade, maybe for centuries - and sought out other druids, to begin studying and learning in earnest. Becoming a member of the Order of the Storm, Emris took his current name - and with it, a vow to understand and protect the one thing without which all life would vanish, the very air around them, the most sacred part of nature.

Now, still possessed by a nearly-infinite curiosity, eagerness and desire to see and know more, Emris has set out on a journey, looking for both adventure and a deepened understanding of the world.

Chulanowa

Name: Aerel Silverbloom
Ancestry: Elf (Whisper heritage)
Background: Returning Descendant
Class: Wizard
Gender / Orientation: Male / Theoretical Pansexual

Background: Aerel and his family hail from the verge of the Meirani forest. He and his twin sister are the youngest of four siblings. The eldest, Tavelan, often acted as caretaker for the other three; father (Melianor) was often away doing business between Magnimar and Korvosa, while mother (Ceiladde) was usually assisting her fellow warriors deeper in the forest. After all, Tavelan was an adult and there was the rest of the community; the village of Anvaenar was full of support and camaraderie!

Well, it was supposed to be. The truth is that Aerel caught a lot of flack; his family were still outsiders after they had emigrated here. Tavelan was far more concerned with wooing his weekly paramours, and raising his siblings was low on the list. Aerel was additionally a rather frail boy, and the near mirror-image of his sister Ninaeve. A perfect target for the other youths of the village. Unable to really compete with them physically (and not a big fan of hiding behind his twin sister) he sought to even the odds through magic.

Four years ago, a fire struck Avenar and the surrounding woodlands; the blaze was too strong for the village's handful of spellcasters, Aerel among them to contain. Aerel's mother and older sister Sarielan both died in the fire. For a time, the family subsisted on the generosity of the community's remnants, but it couldn't last; Tavelan sought his own life with his new wife, and father, grief-stricken, passed a scroll to Ninaeve; a deed to land far to the south in a town called Breachill, which had been Ceiladde's childhood home before she took up sword and bow. Since the siblings arrived, Aerel has put his all into mastering the arcane arts; he wishes to honor his mother's memory by taking on the mantle of "adventurer" - and to hone his abilities so he can maybe prevent disaster from befalling his new, strange home.

Personality: Aerel is somewhat shy and soft-spoken out of habit gained in his youth. The same history pushes him to want to prove his mettle and show his honor. Despite this, coming to Breachill has left him happier than he's been in a long time; Freed of the rather oppressive martial expectations of his old community, and finding himself in a new, and honestly alien one that merits study and learning. And it's such a nice bonus that the humans don't really seem to expect elves to be terribly "masculine" anyway, so the fact that he's nearly a mirror for his sister doesn't cause nearly as much hassle. This ability to be open has exposed a stream of humor that might be unusual to people used to stale wizards and grim warrior-elves. He spends a good amount of time browsing through the Reliant Book Company, but unfortunately rarely has the coin to do anything useful with it... and hasn't even considered that the owner, Voz, might be open to "alternate payment methods." Though they're very different in personality (and increasingly, physique), Aerel remains extremely close to his twin sister, Ninaeve.

Description: In a word, Aerel is pretty. he wears his fine, silver-blonde hair long and loose, letting it trail to the middle of his back in gleaming waves. It frames a delicate-featured face with soft lips, bright blue eyes and very fair skin. He clothes his slight frame in flowing outfits of soft, fine cloth that could easily be called "dresses" even by other wizards. On that note, he's never without a book, whether the ponderous tome he prepares spells from, or a trashy swashbuckling pirate story fresh from Almas.

O/O: Aerel doesn't really know what he's into, except that he's been attracted to more women than men... though so far, hasn't acted on either. Player has no real interest in "hard" NC, anything involving tentacles, gore/pain/torture in sex, bathroom stuff.

Golden Spider

cool where can i find the books and stuff?

Chulanowa

The core book PDF is going for ~$15 on the Paizo site, and the Age of Ashes player's guide is free on the same.

You can also use one of the SRD's:
https://pf2.d20pfsrd.com/
https://2e.aonprd.com/

But there seem to be occasional omissions / mistakes compared to the actual released book (for example, the Archoves of nethys SRD doesn't specify that a wizard's bonus school spell has to be from the Arcane list, which bugged me til I checked the book)

SINless