Let's Get Some Wheel of Time Up in Here, Up in Here!

Started by DarknessBorne, January 30, 2015, 11:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarknessBorne

I believe it's time.  For Wheel of Time.

I'm flexible as to exactly what kind of campaign this is.  Probably freeform with dice rolled by Your Friendly Neighborhood DM when and where appropriate.  As for specifics...

1. I reserve the right to mod the WoT universe here and there to facilitate better gaming.  It's like a book versus a movie: some things that work in cinema just don't go over the same in a novel, and visa-versa.  Well, no doubt certain aspects of the story universe will need to be bent some so it fits into an RPG.  I'd say we're likely to achieve at least 75 to 80% fidelity, though.

2. I haven't read all the books yet.  For that reason, and others, I'm going to avoid canon characters.  (That, and everyone will want to be Rand, Moraine, Nynaeve, etc.)  The timeline will also unfold a little differently.  Artistic license...and, of course, even if everything else were straight canon, as soon as your characters began making decisions, a new timeline would be started anyway.

3. Characters will start out small/low-level.  You can choose your own objective(s)

4. We'll figure out where this goes on the sexuality scale based on group consensus and character types.
Currently OPEN to new RPs.

Belisuavious

DarknessBorne

Quote from: Jecter on January 30, 2015, 05:28:28 PM
So when would this be set?

I'm open to suggestions.  Could even be some sort of alternate timeline.

BlackStone

You could do the War of the Shadow during the Age of legends.   Lots more flexibility for role play and cannon.

Muse

Alernate time lines are good.  Especialy if you haven't finished the books yet. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Cold Heritage

Maybe set it at the time of Eye of the World. It's a relatively easy starting point.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

DarknessBorne

Quote from: Cold Heritage on January 31, 2015, 04:58:00 PM
Maybe set it at the time of Eye of the World. It's a relatively easy starting point.

I think that would be a good starting point, too.  Either there or maybe a few decades prior, just before the Dragon is reborn.

What type of character(s) would you be interested in playing?

Cold Heritage

A warder in training, probably, since the characters are supposed to start small/low-level.

Siereis

This sounds fun to me!  Ill join if we can get it up.  As for setting, where (aside from when) do we want to start?  Tar Valon itself seems like a good place since just about anyone would be there:  warders, aes sedai, false dragons, nobles, paesants, ...maybe even Aiel, seanchan spies, or a few white cloaks that are in control of their emotions....But then again, the same could be true of most major cities.

As for my own character...maybe a red ajah just to make some drama.

Are we allowing any canon characters?
Who will be rping the enemies?

Spero

I would be interested,  maybe a Green Sister or Aiel.
RP Status: Seeking New Roleplays // Muse Status: Active and Around // Mood Status: Hopeful
CRAVING!: Dark Fantasy & Warhammer 40k Roleplay! Please PM if you want to RP~

Belisuavious

I might be a little late for suggesting time periods, but what about during the Trolloc Wars?

Caela

So many options for timelines or alternate timelines. Could easily do something like saying that Rand dies in childhood, is another Dragon then born to take his place? Can he be found in time? If not, is there some lost prophecy that will give the good guys a work-around or is the world doomed?

I've always like the "what if the Chosen One dies?" questions lol.

Would be interested in a Blue or Green sister or perhaps a Seanchan spy.

Muse

I have access to a fairlys traightforwards and really awesome game system for wheel of time if youse guise are interested. 

ANd i like Caela's diea a lot.  Jecter's is good too.
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

VioletPanda

I had no idea this was here! I so totally want this!
  I'd like to play a ta'veren, if possible. Or just a male channeler. Writing a slow descent into madness sounds fun. :)
Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Sagrell

I love The Wheel of Time series so I'm very interested. I'd like to play a male channeler or perhaps a warder. Caela's idea for a setting is also really good.

Doji Hoturi

Belisuavious

I'd like to be a wolfbrother if that options available

Lady Kitsune

I'm going to keep my eye on this. I might like a Blue Ajah.  :-)
I am working on it, I swear!

DarknessBorne

I'm still cogitating on this.  Do keep the ideas coming.  I'm open to Wolfbrothers as well as all Ajahs.

Verasaille

Count me interested. I read all but the final one, I have just not had the urge to get it. I hate when a series ends.

I would love to be a Aes Sedai, not sure what color though. Maybe brown. Would have to get one of the books out to research it.

Muse what is the game like? Can we play it in the games section or is it just a group thing?
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Muse

*Smiles* 

It's a pretty straightforewards version of the d20 system--a fan conversion of the Star Wars Saga System.  As such, you can adventure without armor and be just fine, or make na armor specialit and be defensively awesome.  It has simple enough rules for the One Power, blademaster sword tehhnqiues, wolf brothers, veiwing, images, tree singers.  And just ordinary people wiht no magical powers trying to be awesome in a world with Aes Sedai and Myrdrael. 

Cold Heritage

Perhaps those interested in playing Aes Sedai could be sent out by the Amyrlin Seat to find the Dragon Reborn. Those interested in being Warders could be attached to that group. Others, like Jecter's prospective Wolfbrother, could be locals hired to help guide the group on their way.

Verasaille

I am still interested. Anyone doing anything with this?
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

DarknessBorne

Quote from: Verasaille on February 03, 2015, 11:33:41 PM
I am still interested. Anyone doing anything with this?

I'm listening to the thread here.  I wanted to treat this like an RFC, wait for feedback from prospective players.  Muse, I think your system sounds interesting.  I'm leaning toward a scene set a little before EotW.  There won't be canon characters as in the books (in other words, the Dragon Reborn is not Rand of the Two Rivers, assuming he exists at all yet).

Purple Dusk

I'd be very much interested in this!

Just to pitch an idea that's been tumbling in my head for a while:
Set in one of the mirror worlds, everything is much the same as canon, except that instead of the one Dragon Reborn vs. 13 Forsaken/Chosen, the situation is reversed with 13 champions for the light who are always reincarnated against the Dark One's personal champion, the Dark Dragon.  The taint still exists for Saidin side of the One Power, but male champions are able to fight it off for longer than normal people can (much like Rand was keeping it at bay).