Knights into Darkness (starwars RolePlay for anyone)

Started by Dramen, January 15, 2010, 03:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dramen

If you are interested in joining please let me know in this thread by clicking here... https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=58049.0

This is set in a time frame way away from any of the ‘official’ starwars stories. Seriously like thousands of years into the future so there aren’t any characters that anyone knows. My character is a Jedi Knight by the name of Torkin Jordiac. He’s a tall human male with general good looks and a roguish reputation. He’s about 28 years old. He has been ordered to get together a small team of fellow Jedi Knights and go on a scouting mission to a mysterious planet that is loaded with dark side power. There haven’t been Sith around for centuries but a few dark Jedi have left the order over the years. The council thinks that these dark siders are forming another cult of Sith and want Torkin and his team to find out what’s going on.

Here’s a start in case any are interested:

Torkin stood solemn in his black robes in front of the council. As he looked around the council chamber he marveled at the beauty of it. The crystal clear glass coupled with the colored glass and stone to form an awesome display. The Jedi Masters within the council chamber garnered less of his awe than the room itself did, especially Korfin Shol’ke. He was a Bothan master that had been against Knighting Torkin when his time came. He was out voted but Torkin never forgot it. He was the one speaking now.

“Jedi Jordiac, as you might have guessed from the intelligence reports you have just been given, we have a mission for you. The unrest in the Kroovonian System grows and we need to find out why. There is a planet in the system called Torow. There have been several reports from Force sensitives of a Dark presence in the area.”

“So you want me to go check it out?” he asked in surprise. Half of the Jedi Council thought he was to Dark in his ways as it was. Why would they send him there? “Is this supposed to be some kind of test?”

“Test or trust, Torkin, call it what you will,” the Grand Master Orlo Rye said. “We want you to choose a small team of fellow Jedi Knights whom you think can help you get the job done. Take them and go. We will expect a report back when you choose your team.”

Torkin stood in silence. He didn’t know whether it was a test or a show of trust. There was only one thing to do now in any case. He had to convince a few Jedi to go with him. That shouldn’t be too hard.

“You may go now Torkin,” Master Rye said.

Torkin just then realized he was still standing in the middle of the chamber. He bowed slightly and turned to leave. Now the only question was who would agree to go with him?

--

Lyell posted:

"Heh!" Vizzal, a light-blue skinned Twi'lek, chortled. "They want to send you where?" she asked, not quite believing that could have really been an order, especially for Torkin. The tips of her tails seemed to disagree about how to respond.

But Vizzal knew Torvik. He wasn't a joker, at least when it came to orders. Vizzal's head tilted to the right as she considered the proposition before her. Recently knighted herself, she too sought a way to prove her worth. "Alright, I'll go. Someone's going to have to keep your nose clean!" That last bit seemed to come off as a light, playful scolding.

Dramen

Torkin had always respected Vizzal's skills as a Jedi. So he was glad she was coming along. Also, as was the case with most Twileks, there was nothing wrong with way she looked. So Torkin was really glad she was coming along. Still that only had him and Vizzal going. He'd checked with several others but none were willing to help him out.

It was beginning to look like he and Vizzal would be on there own. It wasn't a mission that lent itself easily to success with just two Knights, let alone two fairly inexperienced ones. He checked his chrono and saw that there was a little more time before he and Vizzal would leave. If no one else came forward before then, it would be up to the two of them to accomplish.

The thought both scared and excited Torkin at the same time. This should be interesting he thought as a smile broadened across his face.

Lyell

"Torkin," Vizzal stated plainly, her tone growing cross as she eyed the curling of his lips. She could already see the gears in his head turning. "This is a reconnaissance mission." A hand appeared from beneath Vizzal's robes to point at Torkin's face. "Remember that." The sight was comical to say the least. Vizzal was a year or so Torkin's junior and naturally shorter than he. Literally looking up to him was something she hadn't quite gotten used to.
When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.

Dramen

Torkin brushed off the comment by Vizzal. She had a point but she was even more green than he was.

"I think we can handle the mission as well as the things they didn't tell us about. We want to get to the bottom of this and fix it. That will show the masters just what we can do. Especially when it's just the two of us. Are you ready to go?" If so meet me in the hangar bay in ten minutes."

With that Torkin headed off in that direction.

((OOC: Lyell sorry it was so long between posts for me. I got approved and had to find my way around the other part of the site. This is pretty cool I think as it is. Feel free to move it forward a bit if you want. Thanks again for joining in!))

Lyell

Vizzal shifted nervously as Torkin's confidence shone through. The prospect of gaining the attention of the masters and having to resist the urge to employ the 'which way to the hangar' joke must have overridden her unease. "Hmm... what to take...?" She mused, mucking through her quarters.

All in all Vizzal was maybe a minuet or three later than had been agreed(?) upon. She didn't appear to be in a hurry as she approached Torkin.
When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.

Dramen

Torkin saw her coming and nodded, "Lets get going then."

Within the hour they were on their way to the Kroovonian system.

Torkin only wondered what they would find when they got there.

Paugus

Tyran sat at his console, eased back into the chair, his feet on top of the computers. Fast, heavy music thumped its way around his small surveillance craft, drifting in orbit around the planet Torow. Eyes closed, his foot tapped alongside the music, until it was interrupted by a loud 'beep-beep'. Tyran sat up, his eyes fluttered open and he reached forward to flick off the music. "... Huh." He tapped a few times on his console, bringing up a view of the Kroovonian system. Another ship was coming in... a Jedi transport, it looked like. "Those would be them." He raises his hand to run through his black hair draped over his eyes, sighing. He'd taken on this mission from the Jedi to confirm the beginning reports three weeks ago, and drifted from port to port scanning over Torow again and again, tapping in to communications to narrow down the location of where the dark Jedi had snuck off to, and here were the relief force. Stern-faced, he swung around his ship to head over towards the new ship, tapping in a request to open communications.

Lyell

Though the beeping of the console may have woken Torkin from his day-dreaming, it was Vizzal's hands that were operating the communications console. "Not to break your meditation, Torkin," Vizzal chided, "but there is a vessel orbiting Torow that is hailing us. Should I patch it through?"

Dramen

Torkin had been meditating on the upcoming mission most of the journey. He wasn't the best at it but the Masters seem to think it helped, so he gave it a try. All he really sensed during the meditation was darkness. No specifics just darkness. It was enticing and somewhat scary even all at once. Just enough to make the little hairs stand up on the back of your neck.

Vizzal's statement had jolted him out of the meditation but even then Torkin took a few minutes to respond. Finally he turned to Vizzal with a shake that he hoped would get rid of any cobwebs, "Sorry Vizzal, yes go ahead and patch it through."

Paugus

Communications are opened between the two ships, and a rough, sombre voice breaks through. "Hold a moment, let me identify your ship. I just want to make sure you two are Jedi." A few moments of silence, then. "Hnh... looks like you check out, good. My name is Tyran Dunos, a mercenary that was recently hired by your Jedi Council. I assume your visiting here means you're finally moving against the Dark Jedi?"

Dramen

"Thats the mission Tyran." Torkin wondered why the blazes the council would hire a merc? Obviously it would be to check on him. They didn't trust him. That of course made Torkin angry. "So Tyran, did the council say why you were called in on this mission? I think we can handle it but you're welcome to tag along if you want." Torkin was really trying to get to the mercenary. He figured maybe making someone else mad would make him feel better... seemed a bit childish but hey... so what.

Paugus

A quiet laugh returns over the communications. "My mission was just to tie down just where your targets were, but if you're inviting me along.. sure, I'll 'tag along'. Perhaps you would like to know where we are 'tagging along' to, or were you just going to wander the planet until you found a few Darks?" It's obvious he's picked up on the mild aggression in Torkin's tone, giving as much as he was getting.

Dramen

Torkin cleared his throat uncomfortably as he knew the man had a point. It would be much better and quicker to have someone who knew more about where he was going. He wouldn't outwardly admit defeat to this mercenary but he would just ask for his help and move on. "If you know about where the dark siders are that we are going for, it would be welcome to have your help. Just give me a direction to go in." As he waited Torkin thought that with some help they might be able to do more than recon on this gig. Which of course he had planned all along to do much more than what the mission said for him to do.

Paugus

"I'm sending over coordinates to land now. Hold a moment." Data streams across, a holographic view of Torow rises and the planet spins, placing a dot on what looks to be a fairly deserted area, a desert. Then another dot, on a settlement, and yet another on a deep jungle. It looked like Torow had quite a varied environment. "Those are the three places we can land that are nearest three separate readings of where the Dark Jedi are likely to be. They may even be at all three of them, if this has become a serious problem. Just tell me which one we head to first."

Dramen

Torkin didn't get any impression from any of the three choices. He looked at Vizzal who just shrugged as well. Seeing that it didn't matter which one since neither of them knew which one to choose first, he just picked one. Torkin sent the coordinates of the one he randomly chose back to Tyran. "Lets start with that one. Now lets go get us some Dark siders." He looked at Vizzal who was wagging a finger at him, "I know it's just recon I know! That was just a," he paused looking for an obvious lie, "That was just a figure of speech."

Paugus

"To the city it is. See you there." Tyran turns his ship around, clicking off communications, directing his ship back into Torow's atmosphere to land.

Dramen

Once he had landed the ship, Torkin walked around the area briefly trying to get some sense of anything. He walked off to the right and extended his Force senses beyond what the eye could see and the ear could hear. He still only got a vague sense of darkness. It was powerful enough to effect any Force users around and most certainly powerful enough to cause trouble wherever it (or they) wanted to. The question remained still though, where was it exactly. What was it? Was it a powerful Dark Sider that was casting darkness out powerful enough for all around to sense it? Or was it some ancient artifact of Sith lore that held strong darkness within it?

There was only one way to find out. He knew his lightsaber was at his waist and went back to get food packets enough to do them all a good week. Hopefully Tyran would bring some of his own and they would have plenty. He turned to where Tyran had landed and was standing beside his ship, "You ready to go Merc?" He flashed a quick smile, "Can I call you Merc?"

Paugus

"You ready to go Merc? Can I call you Merc?" Tyran pushes himself off from leaning against the nose of his ship, grinning. "You can call me whatever you want, friend, although I'd like to know your name." He waves a hand a little at the surrounding insides of the spaceport. "It's easy to get lost in a place like this, I can't go around calling out 'Jedi', I could find anyone."

Lyell

Vizzal wasn't particularly miffed over taking care of post landing proceedures while Torkin went to play diplomat with their newly aquired companion. No. She was ticked because Vizzal could sense the animosity already growing between them. (Then again, who couldn't?) As she exited the craft and donned her hood, she only looked back casually to remotely close the ramp and activate the cloaking device on board.

Paugus

Tyran nodded to the hooded twi'lek as she stepped off the Jedi's craft, calling out before Torkin could answer. "I'm glad to see this one wasn't coming here alone! This job would be difficult enough with a complete group, let alone.. well, alone. Name's Tyran." Well, she was very pretty as most twi'leks were, even if she was a Jedi.

Lyell

It was evident that Vizzal had no experience as a dancer, or even as a slave. She carried herself like most jedi did and seemed to be all business. Perhaps she was discovered at an early age. Her features didn't really seem to have that much impact on her mannerisms, save for those tails. Ah yes, the trade mark of the twi'lek and the very meaning behind the name of their race. Ever active they were, as she'd yet to learn how to suppress them in her normal speech. "I'm Vizzal." She extended a hand to shake with. "A pleasure meeting you, even though the circumstances may not be the best."

Paugus

He steps forward, grasping her hand with a firm grip. "Likewise. This will only be my second mission, groundside. Officially, anyway." He gives a smile, nodding to Torkin. "So. Shall we get this show on the road? I have a few places I can check for more information, one or two safe, three or four not so safe, that I haven't tapped yet." He walks back over to his ship, reaching inside to unhook a blaster rifle, attaching it to his back. Next comes out a cloak, swirling that around himself to conceal the rifle. "This always makes me feel like a Jedi." He turns, smirking. "So, what shall it be? Safe, dangerous, or do you already have a plan worked out?" He looks between the two Jedi, one eyebrow raised.

Dramen

Torkin walked over silently as Vizzal and Tyran greeted one another. Finally at Tyran's question Torkin spoke, "I have a plan. By the way Tyran my name is Torkin. I am technically the leader of this mission but that's only in name. As far as I'm concerned we all have input. But as far my plan," he looked over to the side he had felt the darkness pressing, "We go that way."

Paugus

Tyran gives a salute bordering on the lazy side. "Alright then, you're the boss... after you." He falls in next to Vizzal.

Lyell

Vizzal's head tilted to the side that she might see past Torkin in the direction he guestured. One tentacle hung freely as she quirked a brow. Straight away into the lion's den, eh? Vizzal straightened again. "Very well."