Answerless questions..

Started by Kia210, September 21, 2009, 02:47:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lollipop

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

TheLegionary

Remiel

Why the platypus?

(And no, there's not a word missing at the end of the question there.  Seriously, what's the reason for the platypus?)

Oniya

Quote from: Remiel on December 27, 2010, 01:17:42 PM
Why the platypus?

(And no, there's not a word missing at the end of the question there.  Seriously, what's the reason for the platypus?)

I've heard two reasons, both equally irreverent.

1) 'Daddy!  Look what I made!'  'That's nice, Son - here, I'll go put it over here in Australia, right next to the echidna You made yesterday.'
2) Third day:  God creates plants, fruit-bearing trees and *ahem* grass.  Sixth day: 'Duuuuude... I think I'll call it a platypus...'
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Lithos

What is the sound of one-handed clap?
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Jaromir

How do you know whether a building is burning up, or burning down?

Oniya

What's the difference between 'fat chance' and 'slim chance'?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Fae Brin

How do you describe sound to a deaf person?
The idea hovered and shivered delicately, like a soap bubble, and she dared not even look at it directly in case it burst. 
But she was familiar with the way of ideas, and she let it
shimmer, looking away, thinking about something else.
and a subtle fear [capture d] my  h  e  a  r  t.
already [wet] and we're gonna go s w i m ming

Oniya

I've actually seen that done - it typically involves making the vibrations tangible (hand on the back end of a piano or speakers) or visible (dust on top of the instrument).

Fae Brin

But-- that is only the basic concept. The idea.

Like love.

But-- I mean the actual-- sound.
The idea hovered and shivered delicately, like a soap bubble, and she dared not even look at it directly in case it burst. 

KikuLei

Unawnserable question: Why is Paula Deen not dead from all that butter?  :-\

Fae Brin

Is something lost if you never think to look for it?

Anithinum

Quote from: Kaiten on September 24, 2009, 08:43:30 AM
That's an old zen saying!

What is an upside down circle?

A downside up circle???

does the universe end?
On~Off

Sign this and let's begin

LordVetinari

How do you make a square circle?

What is the number one? Yes it's a number, but what is it?

Fae Brin

Who am I, if I am not myself today?

TheLegionary

I have heard some cinemas have special sessions for deaf people. I am not sure how it works, but it seems to be described in the subtitles.

Quote from: Fae Brin on January 02, 2011, 01:38:05 PM
But-- that is only the basic concept. The idea.

Like love.

But-- I mean the actual-- sound.

Oniya

There used to be a cable channel that catered to the blind or deaf (didn't work too well for blind and deaf).  To manage a movie for the blind, they used the second audio program to have both the spoken dialog and a voiceover that described the scene.  Closed captioning described major sounds (thunderclap, car crash, whispering, crowd noise, dramatic music and so forth), but you couldn't really get anything better than that.

TheLegionary

Is it possible to travel above the light speed?

Oniya

Only if you start out that fast, and then it's harder and harder to slow down.

Since a cat always lands on its feet, and buttered toast always lands butter-side down, can you create perpetual motion by strapping buttered toast to the back of a cat?

Underneath

ok, I've had this particular question on my mind for years:

Why is breast milk sour?

Ryven

If it's a cured ham, what disease did it have?

Underneath

If God created Life, who created God?

Oniya

Quote from: Underneath on January 06, 2011, 01:06:02 PM
ok, I've had this particular question on my mind for years:

Why is breast milk sour?

Um - individual body chemistry?  And I'm saying that because mine wasn't. (Sorry, if that's TMI.)

Underneath

QuoteUm - individual body chemistry?  And I'm saying that because mine wasn't. (Sorry, if that's TMI.)

Not too much info at all :P  Even more curious now!

Why isn't there gravity on any other planet but Earth?

Fae Brin

This isn't quite an answerless question, but it's something to ponder for about three seconds.

Barring the Joker, is it possible to have too much laughter in your life?