For my friends in the UK (and well anyplace else) That likes dogs

Started by Lancis, January 27, 2008, 03:27:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lancis

http://www.tayside.police.uk/dog_section_diary.php

A very cute page i found online and now have to keep up with with my 6 year old niece who is now officially puppy crazy... lol

I do what my rice krispies tell me to!

Art is  not my work, its source online is now down, but it was a Romusz

Cjac

OMG!  Those puppies are so cute!  Much as I love puppies, though, I am certainly glad mine is 4 years old and past all that.
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind. -Bob Marley
CjaC passed away on February 17th, 2008, thus her account restriction. We remember her fondly.

Elvi

Tayside have the reputation of having one of the best cannine units in the UK.
Wonder if you'll all be saying "OOOOOOO....cute..." when he's trained to launch himself at you and rip your arm off?
*grins*
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Sabby

The same could be said of Pitbulls. Such gentle things...

Very cute website :)

Elvi

No comment on the pitbulls, I seem to believe we've done that one before?

However, I am wondering how a website about the Tayside Police can be termed as 'cute'?
Is it the Uniforms? Or do you like our pretty coloured vehicals?

Sabby

Cjac

Personally, I couldn't care less about the police.   Nor am I worried about the loss of an are as I neither live there, or break the law.   But the puppies are cute.  All babies are cute.
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind. -Bob Marley
CjaC passed away on February 17th, 2008, thus her account restriction. We remember her fondly.

Lancis

the blue yellow and white color scheme for cars is nice, but that puppy is darn cute... in the US k9s visit schools frequently and can be petted, they only attack on command... i hope if i ever do get a chance to visit the UK that i never to anything to incur the wrath of a police dog.

(seen cops train with them here, not fun!)

Elvi

Phew good grief no Lancis, I've had the pleasure of knowing several police officers, from many different types of unit and I enjoyed stroking a police dog far more than I did being nipped on the back of the neck by a police horse.
As I said Tayside (which is actual Scotland/England boarders), has one of the best records in training dogs for all types of duties.
A lot of them are search and rescue, which are needed in that area, but they also have a reputation for being used in dissaster areas overseas.

OH.....and if you're good, Strangely may tell you the tale of the sniffer dog and the cheese and onion crisps....*laughs*

Lancis

when i went to trainer for my current career i was relayed a story of a sniffing dog, but the food was fresh chocolate chip cookies... :)

well if you are close enough perhaps sometime you will met the young new addition to the Tayside force he should have a name soon since he will visit the local school :)