Pantheons ~ Egyptian, Roman, Norse & Greek Gods in Modern times (Recruiting)

Started by Cynadea, January 15, 2016, 05:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cynadea

Pantheons

Settings

Long ago, these essences came to Earth and helped shape it into what it is today. The Deities of the different polytheist religions remained among the living, their essence hopping from vessel to vessel when the life of the vessel came to an end. As the world grew, evolved, and their existence passed into myth, the Gods began to congregate, to live in the same area of the world. It was close enough to the sea to satisfy the likes of Neptune or Poseidon, but yet close enough to parks and mountains to give the Gods a reminder of a time where the planet was filled with those large expanses of untouched land, or a time when they were worshiped as gods, rather than drawn as caricatures of themselves in comic books.

They chose to live in the area of Seattle, trying to blend in and do their godly work to heal, meddle, cause mischief, and whatever their goal and purpose was. After all these years, humans were still pawns in  their grand scheme, but that did not mean all of them considered humankind as little, disposable, chess pieces. Only a deity has the ability to kill another, but if history has taught the deities one thing, it was that a feud between gods came at high costs, and that for the sake of their secret, feuds had to be avoided and the concerned parties kept far enough apart.

Rules

• Information from Marvel comics does not apply
  • Game opened to any gender and orientation
  • IC posts should have at least 2 paragraphs/200 words. No one-liners or one-paragraphers.
  • Follow the Oath of the Drake

Deities

• For the time being, only 4 groups of gods are available, more can be added if requested
  • The deities are essences that take over a mortal's body for a normal life span, at any point in the mortal's life. Character Age must however comply with the site's rules.
  • When the essence takes over, the human is erased, its soul sent to the afterlife or is destroyed, depending on the deity's nature
  • When the essence leaves a body, it either falls into a coma due to the absence of a consciousness (soul or essence) or it dies
  • In case of a coma, another deity's essence can come and take over
  • Vessel hopping is frowned upon, it is considered distasteful to change bodies for no valid reason other than incurable illness/age/imminent death
  • Should the vessel meet an untimely death (accident), the essence simply escapes to find another suitable vessel
  • Male deities can pick female vessels, and vice-versa. Don't feel limited in your choice by the original gender of the god.
  • The Deity's relationship (family, friends, enemies, lovers) existed in the past. While the family ties remain, engagements such as marriage my be ignored/broken. 2000 years is a long time to stay married...

Character Sheets

• Provide a picture of your character, if possible 150px by 200px
  • A paragraph is considered to be at least 6 complete sentences long
  • Write outside the bold codes, after the /b, do not alter the format
  • Use the proper character sheet. They are color-coded for each deity group
  • Send the sheet to Aysande for approval

Character Sheet Explanations

Deity Name
    Region: Who believed in them? Norse, Egyptians, Romans, Greeks, etc.
    Dominion: What did they use to have power over? Air, water, lightning, war, death, etc.
    Residual power: What is the single power that they can still use
    Gender: The natural gender of the deity, can differ from the vessel's

Appearance: Appearance as a deity

Personality: Personality of the deity. It takes over the vessel's personality when the deity takes over the body. At least a full paragraph

Family & Relationships: these are the god's relationships if any are known, so that if people create a son, daughter, lover, they are aware that.

History:History as a deity, if any information is available. Can be written in paragraphs or as a bullet point list. No need to cover how they survived the last 1500 years and more.

Vessel Name

Gender: gender of the vessel, specify if they identify as non-binary
    Orientation: All are welcome

Appearance: a full paragraph of the vessel's appearance

History: history of the vessel before and after it was taken over by the deity. At least 2 full paragraphs. No bullet list. That is a RP sample that shows the GM your ability to RP.

OOC

Player: your E name
    O&O: link to your O&O, and anything specific to this character
    Other Notes: Anything else that you would like us to know, a plot that you'd like to play, another god that you'd like to be able to interact with, etc.

Code Template
    [hr][font=papyrus][size=18pt][color=#ffb273]Deity Name[/color][/size][/font][hr][float=right][img padding=2]IMAGE URL[/img][/float]
    [b]Region: [/b]
    [b]Dominion: [/b]
    [b]Residual power: [/b]
    [b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Appearance: [/b]

[b]Personality: [/b]

[b]Family & Relationships: [/b]

[b]History:[/b]

[hr][font=papyrus][size=18pt][color=#ffb273]Vessel Name[/color][/size][/font][hr]
    [b]Age: [/b]
    [b]Gender: [/b]
    [b]Orientation: [/b]
    [b]Occupation: [/b]

[b]Appearance: [/b]

[b]History:[/b]

[hr][font=papyrus][size=18pt][color=#ffb273]OOC[/color][/size][/font][hr]
    [b]Player: [/b]
    [b]O&O: [/b]
    [b]Other Notes: [/b]

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

LadyAthene

I'd be willing to give this a shot.

Going through quite a few deities in my mind on whom to play as.
RP Status: I can probably take 1-4 more RPs. Open but selectively looking~ | Posting Rate: 1-3 days, give or take. If I haven't gotten back to you, chances are I'm busy as opposed to I've forgotten about you. Thanks for your patience!

My (New/Revamped!!) Search Thread
My Ons and Offs + Plot Thread
My Writing Samples
My OC/Character Portfolio
Athene's BDSM Results

Cynadea

Awesome :)

I am thinking of putting a banner up in the newsbox and see if it brings in some people. I've prepared the character sheet template, I'll put it in the first post so that if someone wants to start working on one, they can.

Veinexes

Cynadea

If you want to reserve the deity to make sure that no one take them, just let me know which.

LadyAthene

Ahhh.

Well then since we can reserve, I'll do so with Aphrodite.

For now, that'll be all I will ask to be kept for me. Thanks~
RP Status: I can probably take 1-4 more RPs. Open but selectively looking~ | Posting Rate: 1-3 days, give or take. If I haven't gotten back to you, chances are I'm busy as opposed to I've forgotten about you. Thanks for your patience!

My (New/Revamped!!) Search Thread
My Ons and Offs + Plot Thread
My Writing Samples
My OC/Character Portfolio
Athene's BDSM Results

Greenwoodtree

Ha! I was going to say I was in! But I see my Goddess has been claimed - Aphrodite.
If for some reason LadyAthene declines to play, please let me know! :)

(I'll think about other deities - I'm pagan so there's quite a few I'm familiar with ;) )
"Sometimes your nearness takes my breath away; and all the things I want to say can find no voice.  Then, in silence, I can only hope my eyes will speak my heart."

Let's only say what our Hearts desire.
~Rumi

My Requests:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=243061.0
My Apologies: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=224775.0
My Preferences:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=56044

hellrazoromega

Cynadea

Quote from: JsHLDantes on January 16, 2016, 01:10:33 PM
Ha! I was going to say I was in! But I see my Goddess has been claimed - Aphrodite.
If for some reason LadyAthene declines to play, please let me know! :)

(I'll think about other deities - I'm pagan so there's quite a few I'm familiar with ;) )

You could always use her Roman "equivalent" Venus.

Nowherewoman

Quote from: Aysande on January 15, 2016, 05:20:08 PM

• Male deities can pick female vessels, and vice-versa. Don't feel limited in your choice by the original gender of the god.

Dammnit, now you have me SO thinking about a female Thor, or Baldur. Or maybe Set...
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Blythe

I may be interested in this, possibly maaaaybe with a bisexual Odin. Or Set, if Nowherewoman opts not to pick Set.

Brain is trying to percolate with ideas for a modern-day Odin...... I really like the idea, since Odin learned seidr, which is women's magic, of Odin every very rare once in a while hopping into a female body to get back in touch with his feminine side and magic. And y'know, because I secretly want Odin to be a grim/dour shopaholic who never seems to have enough clothes. If, um, that doesn't bug anyone? >_>;

Plus....possible inspiration pictures with eyepatches!

I'll try to whip up a good sheet to send to you today, Aysande, if none of what I've said here seems like a problem. ^^

Cynadea

Quote from: Sherlock on January 16, 2016, 04:19:29 PM
I'll try to whip up a good sheet to send to you today, Aysande, if none of what I've said here seems like a problem. ^^

Your idea has me grinning like the village idiot. :D

Blythe

I've got a sheet sent in for Odin! *nervous Sherlock is nervous!*

Nowherewoman

Quote from: Sherlock on January 16, 2016, 04:19:29 PM
I may be interested in this, possibly maaaaybe with a bisexual Odin. Or Set, if Nowherewoman opts not to pick Set.

Brain is trying to percolate with ideas for a modern-day Odin...... I really like the idea, since Odin learned seidr, which is women's magic, of Odin every very rare once in a while hopping into a female body to get back in touch with his feminine side and magic. And y'know, because I secretly want Odin to be a grim/dour shopaholic who never seems to have enough clothes. If, um, that doesn't bug anyone? >_>;

Plus....possible inspiration pictures with eyepatches!

This...is fin'g AWESOME, Sherlock :D
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

Nowherewoman

Oh, meant to ask you Aysande- what about Celtic or Native American gods?  I actually have a double handful of ideas, just need to whittle them down some.

Cynadea

I focused on these four because they are those that I know something about, but I am not against adding other polytheist religions from anywhere around the world. With the interwebz I can do some research if needed. :)

Kadigan

If there's not too many genderbents already, I'd love to toss my hat in for a Female Aries.

Nowherewoman

Quote from: Aysande on January 16, 2016, 06:09:10 PM
I focused on these four because they are those that I know something about, but I am not against adding other polytheist religions from anywhere around the world. With the interwebz I can do some research if needed. :)

I'm thinking either a war goddess who runs a street gang (called the Valkyries, naturally), OR a trickster god, but one a little less malevolent than Loki. LIke perhaps Coyote.

Cynadea

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on January 16, 2016, 07:06:50 PM
If there's not too many genderbents already, I'd love to toss my hat in for a Female Aries.

Female Aries is good :)

It does look like the game will need some male gods at some point... so far I've had only Hades submitted who is strictly male and Odin who is able to transform between the two genders as he sees fit.

Quote from: Nowherewoman on January 16, 2016, 07:14:52 PM

I'm thinking either a war goddess who runs a street gang (called the Valkyries, naturally), OR a trickster god, but one a little less malevolent than Loki. LIke perhaps Coyote.

Coyote should be fine :)

DudelRok

Quote from: Aysande on January 16, 2016, 07:51:21 PMIt does look like the game will need some male gods at some point... so far I've had only Hades submitted who is strictly male and Odin who is able to transform between the two genders as he sees fit.

Hades' harem? o.0

That's not exactly what I signed up for but, I mean, I guess...

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Greenwoodtree

How about the female version of The Green Man? European deity of wilderness and wild things? 

If not, sure, I will claim Venus.  I was considering The Morrigan, however, I dont know...
"Sometimes your nearness takes my breath away; and all the things I want to say can find no voice.  Then, in silence, I can only hope my eyes will speak my heart."

Let's only say what our Hearts desire.
~Rumi

My Requests:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=243061.0
My Apologies: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=224775.0
My Preferences:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=56044

Clala

Ooh, hmm...

Juggling a few around in my head. Something Roman, or something Norse, hmm... I'm not helping solve the mass of females though!

For now reserve Freyja.

Veinexes

It took me awhile but I think I finally got it down.  To solve our man shortage I'll be Loki. (reserve, sheet incoming)

Cynadea

Quote from: JsHLDantes on January 16, 2016, 08:02:41 PM
How about the female version of The Green Man? European deity of wilderness and wild things? 

If not, sure, I will claim Venus.  I was considering The Morrigan, however, I dont know...

Which part of Europe?

Nowherewoman