Sister (silverroses2009 and Sure)

Started by Sure, July 06, 2009, 08:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sure

It was an ordinary day for Hunter, it was a weekend, which was good because it meant he didn't have to do anything. He had slept in late and now he had a pair of headphones on as he watched T.V. His parents had always asked him why and he had always made excuses but the real reason was simple enough. Headphones were a flashing neon sign saying; 'I am not paying attention to you.' That tended to make people leave him alone. And it was subtle enough that people were, more often than not annoyed. Yes, Hunter was a master at getting people to leave him alone, as the T.V. droned on he reflected on this fact with a sense of pride.

He changed the channel to something more interesting when the doorbell rang. He looked over at the door as if questioning why it was disturbing him. It didn't help and he sighed and got up. He adjusted his headphones, even if he had to pay attention to someone the effect was still present in the back of their minds, he felt. He walked up to the door and cracked it, not removing the chain so it couldn't open all the way. He saw a girl with a suitcase. His first reaction was that she was a salesman but then something in her manner told him she wasn't. He said, with dry sarcasm, "What are you, my long lost sister, come to freeload off me?"

darkvamplips

Crystal was a girl with a lot of energy unlike her brother which did not do much. That was the only thing that was different between the two. When she walked her blond hair bounced since it was quite long. All she needed was a place to stay because she came to find her brother but had enough money in case she could not find a job for a while. She pressed the button from the door bell and listened to it ring through the house. Her eyes fell upon her brother that probably did not know that she was his sister. "I need to talk to you about something." She asked looking at the house number to make sure she was at the right house.
He once said "If he ever hurt you I will walk again to hurt him." Well he did hurt me and where is my friend? RIP Coby you are still on mind even after 10 years.

My request thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=29818

Sure

Hunter looked at the girl standing there, looking at his house number, and saying she needed to talk to him about something. He said, vaguely guessing her subject, "... Jesus?" He shook his head for a moment and said, "If you're here to preach, or to sell me something, you should know I make it a policy not to listen to people who do house to house pitches." He paused a moment to let that sink in and then said, "So, if you're still convinced you're not wasting our time, what is it?"

darkvamplips

Crystal winced at the tone in his voice and how could he expect her to be talking about Jesus. "No it's a family matter. Hunter? I'm your twin sister and I have papers to prove it." She said not taking a step toward him but handing him the papers for it.
He once said "If he ever hurt you I will walk again to hurt him." Well he did hurt me and where is my friend? RIP Coby you are still on mind even after 10 years.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter took the papers and looked at them, as much as they seemed authentic Hunter was not really a master bureaucrat. He spent longer pretending to examine them than he actually examined them, occasionally peeking at the girl suspiciously for effect. He wanted to see if she squirmed. He handed her back the papers. "Well, everything seems to be in order. You're my sister. Congratulations." He paused a moment, as if that was all there really was to say on the matter. After an awkward silence he said, with a sigh, "So, why are you here?"

darkvamplips

Crystal did not flinch or squirm like he hoped she would. She took the papers and put them back in her backpack she was carrying along with two suitcases which looked heavy. "My step parents died and I have no place to stay." She hoped he would allow her to stay with him for a little while.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter saw her heavy bags but didn't consider offering to help. She was asking to live with him. He sighed, They always want something. Everyone always wants something. He closed the door, undid the chain, and opened it again, standing aside so she could come in. Once she was inside he said, "Open the suitcases." Hunter, always suspicious, wanted to make sure both that she had all the belongings she would need to make her story plausible and that there wasn't empty room for her to steal stuff and abscond into the night with.

darkvamplips

When he shut the door she thought he was not going to allow her to stay but then she heard the lock click open. "Why do you want to know what's in there?" There was some personal stuff and she did not want to show her panties and bra's to her brother.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter sighed and crossed his arms, as if it were a major annoyance to explain his demands. "I could tell you all the reasons I don't trust you at this moment, but it would be simpler if you just open the suitcases. I know plenty of people who have been screwed over by blood and I'm far too cautious to become one of them. Actually, it would be a pretty good scam. Come in claiming your my long lost sister then cram your suitcases with my stuff and sneak out. On that note, if you're staying I'll be taking the suitcases after you've unpacked. You can keep the backpack for school." He had another thought, "How old are you, anyway? What grade?"

darkvamplips

When he told her why there was a pain of rejection and she felt he hated her. Yeah she came into his life as a twin sister and that was big news but to not trust her? "Claiming? You read the papers I am your twin sister. You know what I could just leave." She said not wanting to be a burden or go through a lot of trouble over this simple little thing. Maybe she should just leave.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter shook his head, trust was not something that came easily to him and this was suspicious under normal circumstances. He said, "Actually, I doubt you can. If you could find somewhere decent to live permanently, why seek out someone you've never seen before? Who you know nothing about?" He stepped out of the doorway, however, giving her a clear shot to the door. If this was the end of this then Hunter would be disappointed at wasted time, but little else. "As a piece of free advice, papers can be faked. Just like emotions."

darkvamplips

"Would I look like someone that would lie about something like this?" She said looking back to her car and then thinking that she should just leave. "Looks like I am not wanted. Don't worry I'll find a hotel and then be out of here tomorrow morning." All she wanted to do was have somewhere to stay. Picking up one of her suitcases she turned around and pulled it slowly to the car.

My request thread:

Sure

When she asked if she looked like someone who would lie he said, "If liars looked like liars we'd never believe them, now would we?" When she said she'd find a hotel and leave in the morning, the question dawned on his mind of where she could possibly have to go if her step parents were dead. All the same, he said in a voice clearly doubting her ability to succeed, "Good luck." When she slowly walked out to her car with a suitcase, Hunter took the other one and took it outside, leaving it on his stoop. He doubted she could find a hotel right now, there was some big event happening in town and that generally meant the few hotels were booked up. Before he closed the door, he said, "A word of advice. It's illegal to sleep in your car here."

darkvamplips

Even though her parents were dead they had left her some money and she had some saved up. Hearing those words about calling her a liar and the other things made her feel low. When the door slammed in her face she turned around and looked at it. A few tears slid down her cheeks as she managed to pull the suit case to the car and then started on the second one.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter looked at the clock after closing the door. He had somewhere to be, as troublesome as it was. He took a black studded coat down and put it on. It was too worn to be fully black anymore, and he had chosen the color purely because it didn't seem dirtier as easily. He opened the door, stepped out, and locked it. He put the keys into his pocket and walked to the sidewalk as she was pulling the suitcase to the rear of her car. He looked at her puffed up eyes and said, "Don't cry." It was more of an order than any kind of sympathy.

darkvamplips

Did he even care about how she was feeling? How could she not cry after her parents died and now the only blood related relative turned her down. "Why do you care?" She put the last suitcase in the car and got in the drivers seat. Where was she going to stay? Sighing she put her seat belt on and shut the door.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter shrugged, he started to walk along the sidewalk towards another destination altogether. To Hunter, their relation meant little, he reasoned that, even if it was real, they had never known each other. She was not a special existence the way his real... and Hunter's mind defended itself by immediately switching to something random. He wondered how Neil was doing? Hadn't seen him in months. It occurred to turn around and watch her leave so she didn't break into his house or something, and he did so.

darkvamplips

When he started walking away she could not help it the tears came down and she knew why he turned around. Taking a deep breath she turned on the ignition and pulled away from the car. Now she was heading down the road that he started. She had no idea where a hotel was or anything.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter saw her driving by crying and he thought, That can't be safe. He turned around and continued to walk down the sidewalk. His destination wasn't far, just about a block or so down under a bridge, a gentle slope leading down to the river bank the bridge crossed. He sat down on a broken column underneath the bridge and just out of sight. He looked around, he was the only one here, which, to him, just meant that he was the first one there. He did live the closest, after all.

darkvamplips

It all happened so fast and she could not see so she headed toward the other side of the bridge. Seconds later she was in the water and she struggled to get out of the car nothing worked. The impact caused her to hit her head after trying to get out of the car and knocked her unconscious. Now her head was under water.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter was waiting on the bridge when he heard a screach and then something breaking and then a splash in the water. He just kind of stared at the splash and then it registered it was a car. And he recognized the car. Who the hell taught her to drive? He took off the coat and immediately waded into the water and then started swimming. He reached the car, kicked in the window, and reached into the sinking car, unbuckling her seatbelt and pulling her out. He was surprised at how well he was doing this but didn't stop to think of that for fear he would suddenly lose whatever he had going. A few moments later he was on the surface with her, and a short time after they were on the shore. He laid her out face up and stood up himself, "What the hell was that?"

darkvamplips

The last thought that went through her mind before passing out was her brother. She was knocked out instantly and that left her mouth open and now she was not breathing. Surprisingly enough she was not very heavy and her head fell to the side when he laid her down. No gasp or anything.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter looked over at her, she wasn't breathing. Well, his sister was nothing if not troublesome. Maybe they were related, he thought, as he kneeled next to her and pushed her nose closed with one hand. He used the other to open her mouth and he breathed into it, closing it when he was done, opening again to breath again. He was copying it straight out of a t.v. show, so he didn't know if he was doing it right, but it was something.

darkvamplips

Her mouth moved very easily and her lips were a pale color. Not quite blue but pale enough to make her look like she needed air. The first bit of air was a little struggle against the water in her lungs but eventually made it down her throat causing her chest rise. When he closed her mouth the air escaped through her nose and then he breathed again. A bit of water trickled out of her mouth.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter moved her head to the side. Well, that had worked surprisingly well. He wasn't sure what he did now. He looked up at the damage to the bridge. He guessed any money she might have had would be pretty much gone now. Along with her belongings. He looked down at her soaked clothes, which didn't look like they were in good shape either. The river wasn't exactly clean. He sighed, well, this would be awkward looking. He took her and swung her so she was over his back, and began to walk back towards his house. Even Hunter wasn't paranoid enough to believe someone would almost kill themselves like she had just done for a score, particularly because he had nothing she could steal to make up for the loss of a car.

darkvamplips

When he tilted her head to the side the water came out and she took a shaky breath on her own. Now all of her money was gone and her new clothes she had bought. She did not wake up on her own and was limp in his arms. It would probably be a while before she woke up. She would freak out when she woke up and noticed all of her stuff is gone.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter walked down his street up to his stoop and managed to get his keys out and open the door. She was dripping all over his nice, clean floor, and that annoyed him. He put her on the couch, which she also got wet, which also annoyed him. There'd be a lot of cleaning to do after this. He went into another room and re-emerged with towels and blankets and a few pillows. He stared at her, not quite sure what he was supposed to do next.

darkvamplips

After a few hours she woke up coughing  the rest of the water her body stored up. Since she had been unconscious her body did not do that for her. Where was she all she remembered was in a car crash and now it was darker then before. Slowly she stood up and rubbed her head where she hit it on the door.

My request thread:

Sure

She would wake up to find herself covered in towels to the point of almost being like a mummy and then surrounded by blankets with her head on a pillow. She was on a soft couch next to Hunter, the t.v. was droning on and he was watching the news. Some nation was threatening some other nation and everyone was being very serious faced. Hunter didn't notice that his sister had woken up immediately and kept watching the news.

darkvamplips

Her eyes drifted to the television and then turned toward her brother sitting beside her. "What happened?" her vision was still blurry as she did not remember much about what happened. All she could figure out was her head was hurting and that was it.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter looked over and said, "Oh, you're awake. Well, you drove your car off a bridge with all your stuff in it." He looked back at the t.v. and said, "Yep." Then he seemed to remember something and said, "By the way, do you want a hot water bottle? I can't stand the things, they make me feel sick, but some people like them so I have one or two."

darkvamplips

She leaned her head against the couch and sighed no the pain would be gone soon she thought. "No I'll be fine." She looked back toward him and turned back toward him to look at him. "Thank you." She whispered knowing he was the one that saved her.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter was glad she hadn't asked for one, he couldn't quite remember where they were. When she thanked him he said, "You're welcome." in a manner that suggested he had done nothing special. "Can't have my cute little sister drowning, now can I?" The thought crossed his mind he wasn't sure of her age or if she was his little sister. "You can stay here, now. But I'm not sure what we can do about clothes or anything like that, I don't have anything for women obviously."

darkvamplips

A smile appeared on her pale lips when he said his cute little sister. She did not eat much during the day and would not be a burden about stuff like that. "Look I will find a job tomorrow ok? Can I just borrow a top and I'll keep these jeans on." Her head swarm like in the water.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter said, "Oh, no. You're not getting a job tomorrow. You just drove a car into a lake, you're staying here until you're okay. Not ruining any car of mine. You can have one of my shirts but it'll probably be really loose. And actually I'd rather you change those clothes completely, seeing as they're soaked. You could catch something nasty."

darkvamplips

So he did care about her. "No I would not drive your car I would walk." Maybe one more day to get better from her near death accident. "I promise I will get a job as soon as I can." She closed her eyes feeling a little bit happier.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter said, "Think less of job, more of getting better. If you want a job so much a clean bill of health will go a long way towards that. And I'll drive you around where you need to go if I can. I'm distrusting not mean." She closed her eyes and Hunter, completely misreading the situation said, "Sis, are you okay? Sis?"

darkvamplips

Her eyes flew open when he asked if she was okay. She was not asleep and she heard everything he said. "I'm fine. You seem worried why?"

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter sighed, "You just drove a car off a bridge and have been passed out on my couch for the last few hours. Do you really need to ask that question? Just how hard did you hit your head?" He gave her a small knock on her head and shook his head. He shook his head and turned back to the t.v.

darkvamplips

She winced when he hit her head and looked at the television set. "When I arrived you did not want anything to do with then you save my life. Now this." She whispered closing her eyes again.

My request thread:

Sure

He said, "I didn't want you to die! God, what kind of person do you think I am? And besides, I have a room just sitting there, doing nothing." He shook his fist at the room as if it was a freeloader or something.

darkvamplips

So he did care at least somewhat. "You still haven't told me why you were like that." She asked simply maybe this was going to be the day that he opened up to someone about his problem.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter gave her a strange look, like he had no idea what she was talking about, and then turned back to the t.v. "Why I was like what? Why I saved you? I already said I don't want you to die."

darkvamplips

"Not that. When I first arrived the way you were acting." She owed him her life now that he had saved her. If he needed anything she would give it to him. (not sexual)

My request thread:

Sure

"What? Suspicious? Because you were a suspicious person. But you being a thief doesn't make sense now, so you're probably not. And if you're my sister, I might as well put you up." He made it seem like it was no big deal, whether out of real feeling or attempted modesty or just trying to appear apathetic it was hard to say.

darkvamplips

"Alright." She did not think she could get up to get some water and she was tired and her vision still blurry. "Can I ask you to bring me a glass of water please? I am so thirsty." She said quietly.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter got up and moved to the kitchen, coming out with a bottle of water with a bent straw in it. He placed it in one of the cracks of the couch, with the straw turned so she could get to it without moving. She wouldn't have to do anything more than move her lips over the straw to get to the water. He sat down and went back to television.

darkvamplips

"Thank you." She said as she knew why he put it between the couch cracks. Slowly she leaned her head down which hurt a bit and took a sip from it. There was something else bothering him but she would not push.

My request thread:

Sure

He said, "You're welcome." He continued to stare at the t.v. The program was about a civil war in some third world nation, complete with live footage of explosions and tanks and everything else that a civil war has. He seemed to be watching it intently, almost as if studying it.

darkvamplips

She glanced at the television watching it with him. "You like war?" She asked taking another sip of the cool refreshing water that he had bought her. Maybe by tomorrow everything will be better and she wouldn't be feeling this way.

My request thread:

Sure

"Most of the factions in that war have ties to neighboring countries. It'll become headline news one day, and people will start relief efforts. I will then handily prove I know more about the conflict than they do and sneer at them." He paused a moment and said, "What? It's a hobby."

darkvamplips

She shrugged softly as she watched the television show. She did not like war but people have their own interests. "Alright." Again she closed her eyes this time falling asleep.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter shrugged and continued to watch the television. Later, he stood up and walked off to his room to get a full nights sleep. He woke up in the morning and came out yawning, in jeans and a light t-shirt, obviously half asleep.

darkvamplips

When he woke up she was in the kitchen making him food. That was the least she could do to say thank you. "I hope you did not mind that I made you food."

My request thread:

Sure

He yawned again and said, "Huh, yeah, yeah, it's fine." He stumbled into the bathroom, scratching his stomach as he went. He yawned again as he closed the door, only vaguely registering what had just been told to him.

darkvamplips

She had not eaten much at all and she made him his breakfast then put it on the table. A smaller dish with a bit of food was across from him and she sat down waiting for him.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter stumbled out of the bathroom and yawned again, moving over to the counter and seeing the remains of her cooking. He looked surprised and then went over to the table, eying the food suspiciously. He took a bite and then began to eat. At some point, he seemed to notice his sister was there and said, "Thanyu," with his mouth full.

darkvamplips

She had taken the smaller dish in case he did not want her taking that much. After he started eating she took a bite of the food that she had made. "I hope you like it." She smiled up at him watching him eat.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter just nodded before yawning and continuing to eat. He took out a few papers from underneath the table and began to look at them and scribble on them. Every now and again he seemed to get something wrong and cross it out vigorously and start again.

darkvamplips

"What's that?" She asked before taking another mouthful of food and putting it in her mouth. The food tasted good to her and he was not saying much unlike last night.

My request thread:

Sure

"Bills." He said simply as he continued to scribble. It wasn't that there was a problem or that he was in a poor mood, he just wasn't a morning person. In a couple of hours he'd probably be back to normal as he became fully awake.

darkvamplips

"Would you like some help?" She was good with numbers and maybe she could help him out so he would not get so frustrated.

My request thread:

Sure

"No." He said in an equally terse manner as he continued to scribble on the pieces of paper, exchanging them sometimes between bites. He began to divide them into piles as he scribbled away at them.

darkvamplips

"Alright." She sighed looking down at her food and starting to eat again. She won't push this and hoped he didn't think she was pushing.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter finished eating quickly and stood up, leaving his plate and utensils on the table, and went into his room. He came out a bit later wearing his normal attire and went into the bathroom, holding a blade razor. A few moments later he re-emerged shaved and then he looked at his sister as if he wasn't sure why she was there. Then recognition came and he said, "Good morning."

darkvamplips

When he got up he seemed to be not noticing her which made her confused. She had finished her food when he left and put the dishes in the sink to clean later. "Morning." She said smiling and turning around when he walked into the kitchen again. Maybe she should go look for some clothes and a job today.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter just nodded, "So, what are you doing today, then?" He had some ideas for what he was doing today but he wanted to know where she would be, paranoia applied to others as well. Even if he trusted her he didn't trust the rest of the world in regards to her.

darkvamplips

"I was hoping to go out and look for a job. I do need money to get some clothes and what not. You know the stuff I lost in the crash?" She ran the water over the plates to loosen some of the now dried food that was on it.

My request thread:

Sure

"Oh, right, shopping. Find something that fits you, I need to get you some clothes and stuff. If you want to pay me back you can do it later, after all, I know where you live." He smiled jokingly at the last part. He walked into the other room to wait for her.

darkvamplips

"I want to also look for a job." She half laughed at his joke and she knew that he was being serious to. At least then she would have some clothes to wear instead of the ones she crashed in.

My request thread:

Sure

"Fine, fine, suit yourself. Clothes first, you need to be presentable." He turned and walked out the door into the car, obviously ready to go right then. He put on the radio in the car, blasting it loudly, and nodding his head to the music.

darkvamplips

She had barely any time to get ready and now she was heading out the door. "Wait up." A few moments later she arrived in the car and got in the passenger side.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter was staring off into the distance and didn't seem to notice that she had entered, he simply continued staring forward as if he was seeing something in the wall of his house.

darkvamplips

"Are you ready?" She asked when he did not move the car into reverse and pulled out of the driveway. She followed his gaze at nothing and looked at him again. "Hunter?"

My request thread:

Sure

"Hmm? Oh, yes, I am." He seemed a bite distant, he hit the ignition and moved off of the driveway, onto the road, and shortly thereafter they were at a small clothing store called Allclothes, he got out and said, "Time to shop." He didn't seem to enjoy the prospect of shopping.

darkvamplips

"What happened?" She asked on the way to the store meaning about him staring off into space. When she got to the store she got out the car and looked at the store she would be walking into very shortly.

My request thread:

Sure

"Nothing." He gave a terse answer and walked into the store, he didn't look up at the signs but walked straight to the edge of the women's section. He just stood there, she didn't seem comfortable with him looking at her clothing before.

darkvamplips

"Whatever I buy I will owe you ok?" She asked knowing she could not get a lot of things but a few. Slowly she made her way through the clothing department picking up some pants and shirts. A few t-shirts then came back to him.

My request thread:

Sure

"Whatever." He said, he was looking at a few people walking down the aisle, then shrugged and went back to watching her, when she got her clothes his only comment was, "No underwear?" Then he shrugged and lead her to the cashier.

darkvamplips

"I saw the underwear closer to the cashier." She said quietly then walked over buying five pairs of them. When she was done she came back to him hoping it would not be to much.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter just shrugged, they went to the cashier, he paid, and then he started walking back out to the car. He was done here, as far as he was concerned.

darkvamplips

She grabbed her bags and followed quickly to keep up with her brother. "Something wrong? Am I bothering you?" She asked knowing in about 2 weeks time she could be out of his hair if he wanted her to.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter just said, "Nope." In a matter-o-fact way and got into the car, turning the ignition key and popping the trunk, "Put it in the back." He said, as he looked in the back mirror and took stock of the other cars around him.

darkvamplips

(In a matter of fact? What does that mean)?

Slowly she nodded knowing something was up. Twin intuition? She put the bags in the trunk and then got into the drivers seat. A few moments later her seat belt was on.

My request thread:

Sure

(matter of fact means straightforward and unemotional)

He started driving and as they passed the bridge and continued driving he said, "And that's where you drove off the bridge." It was still closed and he lingered for a while, stopped by traffic.

darkvamplips

"I know where I drove off the bridge ok?" She asked looking at him wondering why the sudden change in attitude towards her.

My request thread:

Sure

"Really? I thought you were passed out." The traffic started to move again and he continued driving. Heeneeded to go to a second brige that was further away because of it.

darkvamplips

(Sorry forgot she was passed out)

"Well I assumed that's where I went off." She looked at her brother wondering what happened to make him like this? She wished he would tell her.

My request thread:

Sure

"Assumptions can be a dangerous thing." He commented dryly, already disinterested. He turned onto another bridge and began to cross a river, but due to twice the amount of normal traffic a gridlock situation had begun on the bridge.

darkvamplips

"Thank you for the clothes." She said hoping to break the silence that grew in the car. Would they ever be brother and sister and have a normal friendship?

My request thread:

Sure

"You're welcome." He said, restoring the silence with a simple answer that required him to reveal nothing more than he had.

darkvamplips

When they got home she took her bags from the back then walked up to the door. She waited patiently for him to unlock it so she could put her stuff in her new room.

My request thread:

Sure

He walked up to the door and unlocked it, stepping inside and leaving it slightly ajar for her. He picked up the mail on his way in and he went into another room, shuffling through it and seemingly sorting it.

darkvamplips

When she managed to get all the bags inside she looked around the house wondering where her room was. "Where is my room?" She said quietly.

My request thread:

Sure

He pointed to a small door that was slightly ajar. Inside there was a bed that had been made a long time ago and never used and an empty closet with a few hangars, the entire room gave off a 'bare' feel.

darkvamplips

When she went into the room she looked around. There was not much in here but maybe she could fix it up a bit if he will let her. Soon the clothes were on hangers neatly and some in the small dresser.

My request thread:

Sure

Hunter kept on sorting the mail till he got to the table and placed it there, then he scribbled out a piece of paper. He opened her door and posted it inside before leaving. It had the address and phone number of the house there for her, labeled as such.

darkvamplips

When she noticed something on the door she went to look at it noticing he had put the address on it. "Thank you." She yelled back looking at the room now that it had some color in it.

My request thread: