Rapture Academy Private Education always open for newcomers!

Started by Angie, March 21, 2014, 11:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

Hello all! If there was a site to play a game of Rapture Academy, it would be either this or F-List. But, we're here, so, we're playing here.

Here is a link to the book: http://web.archive.org/web/20080420173947/http://markovia.com/index.php?title=Rapture_Academy

While I will "host" it and come up with some random events for each day, I will not be a full GM. I do have a few custom rules that I use. They follow below:

1: Arousal Tests are the only thing that can reduce Virtue. This does fly in the face of a couple rules, which is why I have 1a: If your total of Virtue and Desire exceeds 6, you must take any opportunity to reduce your Desire (you can still move about, but anything that requires concentration will carry penalties if not failing outright).

2: Corruption can be reduced in the same way one would gain Virtue (Corrupted Penance being the exception-read the Regaining Virtue section if confused).

3: Masturbation can be used to reduce Desire instead of giving it to yourself. Since you orgasm at over 6 and less then 0, it works the same way as ever.

Other then that, pretty much everything is allowed. I'll get a template for character sheets up if this thread gets good traffic!

EDIT of the EDIT: PM if you have questions!

Night of the living EDIT: New book! Read the new book! Because merits got changes, and some added!

The Setting:
Obviously, the setting is Rapture Academy. Where else is there? However, the setting is a little different then standard, mostly due to the actions of the secretive Headmistress. Magic and monsters are a daily occurrence, as are wild and weird technological innovations-like robots, sentient A.I.s, and more.

The Headmistress has done what she can to get the Girl Dorms to put aside their differences, while driving a wedge between the Male Dorms. Little fruit has sprouted from these efforts, but some Girl houses are willing to work together-with some exceptions, of course. Pietas and Nothum have centuries of trust issues to work out, and Obisdere is convinced that the actions of Daedaelus House is making their lives miserable. Some fruit has also sprouted in driving the Male Houses against each other-leaders of Mars and Saturn have been seen arguing, while there has been little contact between members of Jupiter and Pluto. Rumors are spreading that the Houses are on their way to open warfare.

The Headmistress has done all this for a reason, of course. Her skills blossomed in the face of adversity, and creating more of it would only cause a stronger crop of students. In fact, she had been observing a handful of students, and a few staff members. They seemed...stronger then most. Perhaps she would throw challenges their way, to see who rose above all. Maybe someone would take her place, eh?
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Crasey

The last Rapture Academy game (which I think you also ran?) was what originally lured me to Elliquiy. I'd be untrue to myself if I didn't say that I'm very interested.  :P

By the way, a later revision of the rulebook is there if you click the arrow in the upper right. Is that all right to use or did you link to the older one purposefully? Just want to make sure!

Clorinda

This looks really interesting and I would love to give it a try.  I've never played before, which I hope isn't a problem, but am reading up on the rules and will be ready to go by the time the game starts!

Laughing Hyena

Ironwolf85

Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Angie

Quote from: Crasey on March 22, 2014, 06:23:08 AM
The last Rapture Academy game (which I think you also ran?) was what originally lured me to Elliquiy. I'd be untrue to myself if I didn't say that I'm very interested.  :P

By the way, a later revision of the rulebook is there if you click the arrow in the upper right. Is that all right to use or did you link to the older one purposefully? Just want to make sure!

Revision? Huh. I'll look it up and if I like it, I'll use that. But I'm familiar with book 1, so expect that to be used.

EDIT: You see that section on Prospectus? I'm ignoring it. I intend this game to be a great big sandbox with only tangential plots, and the Prospectus seems to be far too limiting. Assume the options picked are "whatever makes it easiest to make your character".

Another EDIT: Okay, I'm going to link to the NEW book-several things were balanced, and as already said, the options for the Prospectus are going to be the most casual so anything can happen. I like the new book far more.

Angie

Also, they still didn't fix the glaring issue of Twist Emotions. I want it to be a contested roll, like how Levitate is, but I can't think of what to use. Study, maybe? It does represent mental power...

Clorinda

Maybe should be with Threat or Allure depending on the emotions?  Isn't study supposed to be rationality and those other two emotional?

Florence

Hmm... I made a character the last time I think, but never actually got around to playing them, but I might give it another swing if I have time :o
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Angie

Quote from: Clorinda on March 22, 2014, 02:48:39 PM
Maybe should be with Threat or Allure depending on the emotions?  Isn't study supposed to be rationality and those other two emotional?
Well, the idea is that the magic is twisting your emotion, so I think it makes sense that your rational mind is going "wait a tic..." although a convincing case could be made for those. Maybe it can be resisted with any of the three, depending?

Clorinda

Actually... what you says makes a lot of sense.  I hadn't thought about it that way.

Angie

Okay, so, Twist Emotions, Draft 1. I'll get a character sheet up eventually.

Twist Emotions: Difficulty: Contested

This spell reaches into the mind of another and twists the emotions they are currently feeling. This is a very difficult spell, requiring a mage to have Occult 4 before they can learn it. Twist Emotions can be used in the following ways:

Seduce: Use Twist Emotions versus the target's Study. Every two successes over the target grants the mage +1 dice on the next Arousal Test they make against the target. Should the target win, every success they earned over the mage grants them +1 dice to resist the next Arousal Test the mage makes-if the target doesn't attack them outright, as failure indicates the target knows someone's screwing with her head (this may not be an issue if the mage casts from a hidden place).

Calm: Roll Twist Emotions versus the target's Threat. Every success the mage gets over the target causes the target to calm down (this is obviously more of a roleplay thing). If rolling to combat a previous mage's Enrage (see below), every success the Calming mage gets over the target reduces the successes from Enrage by one (which may cause the spell to fail). Calm can counter and dispel a use of Enrage without the need for using Counterspell (whoever rolls the most successes achieves their effect).

Enrage: Roll versus target's Study. As with calm, but everything is flipped. Enrage can be used to counter and dispel Calm.

Freeze: Named for the "ice queens" of Rapture, Freeze is rolled versus the Target's current Desire. Unlike with other spells, one success over the target causes the target to lose a point of Desire and become completely paralyzed at the thought of sex-they will make any effort to resist seduction attempts or overt sexual behavior. The spell effect lasts until the next sunrise or sunset, or until someone succeeds on an Arousal Test versus the target. Every success beyond the first over the target's Desire grants the target +1 die against all Arousal Tests, and increases the Target Number to give Desire by 1.

What do you guys think so far?

Laughing Hyena

Clorinda

Yeah, that looks pretty good.  I think we can certainly work with it.

Angie

Okay, Character sheet time!

Name:

House:
Virtue/Desire

[b]Force:[/b]
Athletics:
Endure:
Restrain:
Size:

[b]Allure:[/b]
Gossip:
Manipulative:
Sweet Talk:
Vamp/Pose:

[b]Threat:[/b]
Chastise:
Dirty Talk:
Influence:
Wealth:

[b]Elusive:[/b]
Infiltrate:
Slip Away:
Sneak:
Subterfuge:

[b]Study:[/b]
Investigate:
Machines:
Occult:
Study:

Fetishes: (must equal at least your Virtue)
Merits:
Flaws:
Figure:
Equipment:

Angie

I'm adding a new selection to Altered Genetaila: Shifting Genitals: The character's genitals can change shape and size. Characters cannot shift gender or duplicate the effects of other Merits or Flaws with this (it's meant for fun).

Angie

Since I have nothing to do while Planetside 2 updates, I'll remake Sarah! And go ahead and post character sheets in this thread.

Name: Sarah

Orientation: Lesbian
House: Nothum
Virtue/Desire: 3/3

Force: 2
Athletics: 1
Endure: 3
Restrain: 1
Size: 3

Allure: 4
Gossip: 4
Manipulative: 1
Sweet Talk: 6
Vamp/Pose: 3

Threat: 2
Chastise: 2
Dirty Talk: 2
Influence: 2
Wealth: 2

Elusive: 1
Infiltrate: 1
Slip Away: 1
Sneak: 2
Subterfuge: 1

Study: 7
Investigate: 5
Machines: 1
Occult: 10
Study: 6 (+2 to Chemistry)

Fetishes: +Stockings, +Heels, ++Oviposition, -Muscular Men (Build 3 or more)
Merits: Magic (7), Altered Genitalia (Shifting, Tentacock, Stimulating) (1), Inhuman Spawn (Imp eggs)(1), Tentacles (1, that comes out her ass) (3)
Flaws: Flunked (Art) (1), Expectations (Make Imp Eggs) (1)
Figure: 5'8" (1), Slim build (0), Large Breasts (2)
Equipment: Spellbook (Contact Shadow World, Counterspell, Ward, Open Conduit, Twist Emotions)

Sarah was wrong about her heritage.

She, and the members of Nothum, thought she was the daughter of a human sorceress and a Deep One male. Well, they were right about the human, but the spells screwed up when it came to her dad-she was really the daughter of a demon. Her body had somehow been altered by her mother's magic, but at a certain age, her father came to her and presented her with an offer: Reconstruct her body from the protoplasm of the Shadow World, or let her mother's magic cause her body to collapse. Basically, die, or rebirth. Having always felt like a stranger in her own body, she accepted.

She spent two weeks in a demonic cocoon, being broken down into base materials and reassembled. Her mind was kept the same, however, but with a removal of the few things that held her back. After the two weeks, she returned to Nothum, her appearance having not changed enough to worry the Academy. She was sent with a request from her father: Lay her eggs in as many willing subjects as possible. The shadow world was suffering from a civil war, and her father (really a futa, but "he" was the one who donated the sperm) looked to advance their own position. After the kind offer of reconstruction, how could Sarah say no?

Clorinda

I started this yesterday, hope it works!

Name: Sophie

Orientation: Lesbian
House: Nothum
Virtue/Desire 4/2

Force: 5
Athletics: 6 (Field Hockey)
Endure: 4
Restrain: 2
Size: 5

Allure: 2
Gossip: 2
Manipulative: 1
Sweet Talk: 3
Vamp/Pose: 2

Threat: 2
Chastise: 3
Dirty Talk: 2
Influence: 2
Wealth: 1

Elusive: 3
Infiltrate: 3
Slip Away: 4
Sneak: 2
Subterfuge: 2

Study: 4
Investigate: 4
Machines: 1
Occult: 4
Study: 5 (Humanities, History)

Fetishes: ++Wrong Orientation (actually bisexual),  ++Impregnation, +Prostitution, +Rape, +Humiliation, +Abuse
Merits: Venom (her flowers are poisonous to consume and cause the victim to fall into a light sleep) (4), Plant (1), Altered genitals (tentacular Vulva, stimulating) (1), Magic (Command Plants, Ward) (7)
Flaws: Compulsive Masturbation (2), Denial (Orientation) (1)
Figure: 5’11” (2), Lithe (1), Big Breasts (2)
Equipment:

Something is off about Sophie and that’s relatively easy to see.  Her skin is a light green, her violet hair flowers in the summer, and she doesn’t eat so much as sit out in the sunlight.  Sophie’s mother is a normal human, but her father, rather than being a human (or some demon as seems the case with many of her Nothum classmates) was a great mass of tentacle vines that impregnated her.  So, Sophie is as much a plant as she is a person.

All in all, it’s sort of nice not being human, though she wonders if other girls have the same sorts of dark thoughts she does.  See, while Sophie tries her hardest to be a good girl and stick to her studies rather than give in to depravity like so many around her, she can’t help but think of how much she would like to be used and abused by the people around her, even, to her great disgust, the various men and boys of Rapture.  It has gotten to the point where she feels the need to get off all the time, sneaking off to play with herself in the middle of class or commanding trees and shrubs to use her.  It’s only a matter of time, she worries, before she’ll break to the pressure.

Angie

Just a clarification, your venom is a stunning poison, right? Because, you know, no one dies in Rapture...

Clorinda

Shoot, I knew I forgot to include something.  Yes, just putting folks to sleep, though I doubt it will come up much - I wanted it more for flavor (unless someone wants to harvest her hair come summer).  I'll edit that into my last post.

Angie

You can use it to fight off an attacker, or something like that.

Hazel

Interested, but I'm going to go over the book before i make a sheet.

Angie

Okay guys, I'm gonna be out of town for a couple days, but keep on posting! I love you all!

scribus1000

Have a nice trip, Angiejuusan!

I'm looking over the book as well, so y'all have another interested party.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

alextaylor

Really enjoyed the last game so I'll give this another shot! But a tad busy these days. I'll wait a while to see what characters are around. Maybe I'll recycle one of my previous characters or make a different one if it fits the group better.
O/O