Who do you trust? (Pathfinder)

Started by Erato, July 06, 2014, 05:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: Erato on July 09, 2014, 08:15:22 PM
She looks fine as is, I am just waiting for the Friday deadline before I figure out which submissions will fit best with this RP.  :-)

An alchemist could make a good addition to the team and the concept certainly is interesting; go ahead and submit a partial character sheet.  :-)

Awesome!  Thanks!  Working on it now. 
Coming soon...

Miroque

@Erato: Cant wait. Hope I get in, and anyway, good luck to everyone.

Autocad

Zuzime Zetriz
Human Oracle

Look for the sign that reads "Zu's Readings" and try the door beneath the sign. If it is locked, come back another day; if it is unlocked, go ahead and enter the shop. The interior may be dark even if it is bright day outside, and shrouded in mist with blue and purple vapours. Fear not the darkness nor the skeletons standing upright lining the walls: they aren't animated... probably. There is no indication of how much you must pay, but leave your pouch of gold on the table in the middle of the room nonetheless. If it is deemed enough, the fortune-teller will come out from the back of the shop, light a candle, and perform a harrow reading for you. If there is no response to your offer, then sweeten the pot or retrieve your money and leave. Either way, act quickly to resolve the situation before you truly test whether the grinning skeletons looking at you with empty eye sockets are merely there to add decor.

Appearance: Zuzime is a youthful human woman with skin as white and smooth as porcelain, almost unnaturally so. She wears her hair dyed blue at shoulder length, to contrast with her eerie red eyes and pearly white teeth, with black eyeliner and indigo lipstick to make her facial features stand out from her pale face. Her dress is on the formal and elegant side, a dark blue one-piece with a plunging neckline, almost bare back, and a long open slit running down her right leg. High-heeled shoes accentuate her legs and her hips. Her accessories follow the theme of undeath, with a bone ring, skull earrings, and tattoos resembling stitches on her arms, legs and neck and make her head and limbs look as though they had been dismembered and then stitched back onto her body.

Personality: Part performer, part con artist, and part soothsayer (speaker of truth), Zuzime has what it takes to be a successful fortune-teller. She has a highly developed sense of intuition and an uncanny ability to pick out the truth from a web of lies.

Background: When Zuzime was a young girl, her entire family was killed in a fire that consumed the house where she lived. Arson was suspected, but never proven. She never remembered why, but she was outside the house when it burned down, so she was spared from the flames - but not from the screams of the occupants within as they were burnt to death. Their horrible demise prevented them from moving on and their spirits lingered on in this plane, haunting the young girl. Unwilling to part with the last remnants of her deceased parents and siblings, she could never bring herself to banish these spirits even when she later on in life she had the means to do so. The only material possession that survived the deadly blaze was her mother's harrow deck, a curiosity that the practical matron had in turn inherited from her own mother and usually kept locked away in a trunk. The cards did not show the slightest trace of damage from the fire, but they would always smell faintly of smoke ever afterwards.

Left orphaned, Zuzime was brought up in an orphanage, where she was a pariah for the strange happenings that always seemed to occur around her. Plants would sway as though being blown by the wind when the summer air was perfectly still, or faint noises with no explanation would be heard during the dark winter nights. Left alone, she would amuse herself by playing with her harrow deck, unaware at first of the danger in treating such an item so casually. Looking back, she was extremely lucky - or more likely, predestined - to have made it through the first few years without some sort of horrible accident. As she read the cards over and over again, she began to develop an understanding of what they meant, as well as a respect for the power that they held. She also began to develop magic of her own, related to the supernatural and the undead. By the time she raised her first skeleton almost unintentionally from the body of an old cat, she was old enough to know to keep the most outrageous of her powers an absolute secret from everyone for her own safety. An errant spell might be viewed with suspicion; necromancy would trigger an inquisition.

After Zuzime came of age and left the orphanage, she avoided having to sell her body to survive by selling her harrow reading skills instead. She soon learned first-hand how to be an effective fortune-teller and became moderately successful in her profession, enough to be able to rent a small shop to run her personal fortune-telling business from. Necromancy remained a side pursuit for her, and a significant portion of her fortune-telling proceeds went into onyx gems and other materials to carry on with her hobby under cover of night. It wasn't long before she crossed the line into using the corpses of humanoids in her nocturnal activities. Though she did her best to keep her activities a secret, finally she unknowingly stole the body of someone who was related to a powerful individual, who the resources to track down the necromancess who had dared defile their deceased relative's corpse so.

Meta:
Character sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=954114
Future plans: to enter Harrower prestige class at next level (level 7), for that next level of harrow reading professionalism.
Spells known focus on Divination and Necromancy. As befitting a fortune-teller, she also has some minor Illusion magic and good social interaction skills.

Phaia

I do not think I am gonna be able to handle this one...have not had time to work on a sheet ...real life and being a mommy get in the way  :P

Phaia

Green Goo Theory

Coming soon...

Ebb

Green Goo Theory

Coming soon...

Miroque

*Starts to hold her breath in anticipation*

Erato

Sorry to keep everyone in suspense. I just want to say thank you to everyone for your interest, I didn't expect such a response. It was difficult choosing but I've assembled what I think will be a well rounded team. They are:

Loki - Kitsune Witch (M)
SheerFantasia - Half-Elf Oracle (M)
Sinestra - Elf Ranger (F)
Blinkin - Human Swashbuckler (F)
Ebb - Halfling Monk (M)
Erato (Myself) - Human Bard (F)

I plan on opening a OOC thread soon. I'll post the link once I do so. Please keep in mind this kind of campaign means character death is possible in the event of poor choices or reckless actions, or even prolonged, unexplained absences in posts.

To those who weren't accepted at this time, I will keep your character sheets should there be an opening.
In the game of chess the Queen protects the King.

Miroque

*sighs* Good luck to those that got in. *sad panda*

Green Goo Theory

Guess I'll sit on a waiting list if someone drops out.  Thanks for the chance though.
Coming soon...

Blinkin

Yippee!

Now, I have to allot skills and buy gear... how long do we have?
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Erato

Quote from: Blinkin on July 12, 2014, 07:14:49 PM
Yippee!

Now, I have to allot skills and buy gear... how long do we have?

I'm hoping to have everything by Monday. If anyone needs more time just pm me.

Thanks!

SheerFantasia

Hooray!  I'll just go finalise my gear (should be too complicated at 16,000), and I'll be ready.

Sinestra

Oh damn, I got in. :) I'll try and finish the character up tonight. :) Looking forward to the OOC and IC threads.
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

Erato

Alright, the first post is up. Please post your character sheet and a brief bio in OOChere before you post IC here

Thanks! As always if you have questions just pm me!