Battlestar Excalibur: An A/U Sandbox Battlestar Galactica Game

Started by Urbanzorro, February 18, 2016, 12:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanzorro

The Cylons were created by man as a labor and military force to make life easier on the Twelve Colonies of Kobol.

Eventually the Cylons turned on their human creators and the Cylon War ensued. Many lives were lost.
    In time an armistice was declared, and the Cylons left the Colonies to seek a homeworld of their own.

The Colonials maintained an Armistice Station as a place where Cylon and Colonial representatives can meet in order to maintain diplomatic relations.
    However, the Cylons have never sent an ambassador. No one has seen a Cylon since the end of the Cylon War, over 40 years ago.

Though they have vanished, the Cylons have not died, they have evolved.
    They look and feel human. There are many copies. And they have a plan.

Humanity's children will return....
    Today

This is an AU Battlestar Galactica game set around an all-original crew and ship.
    Freeform, sandbox with Episodes guided by the GM. Always Recruiting

GM: Urbanzorro and Aysande
    Posted on the N/C Board

The Rules   

• Posting length of minimum 2 paragraphs.
    • Use the post header in every IC post. Please make sure it is accurate.
    • This is AU. Adama and BSG have been declared MIA.
    • Play by the oath of the Drake.
    • No drama/flaming in the OOC. If there is a problem, take it to PM and CC one of the GM.
    • Characters must be all original. No canon, no renamed canon either.
    • GM reserve the right to refuse a character that would not fit in the current setting.
    • Do not metagame. Make sure that the knowledge about the cylon that your character displays is the one they should have, not the one you have.
    • Players creating a cylon should be prepared to have their character terminated when they are discovered.
    • Players creating a cylon have to accept that they may share faceclaim with a copy.
    • Cylons must be declared on the character sheet when first submitted.

Character Sheet   

• Image should be 150x200 or it will be resized by the GM and hosted on E’s wiki
    • Make sure that age and rank are appropriate. Don’t make a colonel at age 24.
    • Replace the descriptions with your content, try to respect the format of the app. Write after the /b and between the justify tags were applicable.
    • You will be asked to add to your app if it doesn’t meet the minimum requirement. (A paragraph should be 5-6 complete sentences minimum)
    • Send the app by PM for review to Urbanzorro and Aysande

Code (Character sheet) Select

[float=right][img padding=5]Image link[/img][/float]
    [i][size=24pt]Character Rank/Title (if applicable) & Name[/size][/i][hr]
    [b]Species: [/b]Human or Cylon
    [b]Age: [/b]
    [b]Gender: [/b] All welcome
    [b]Orientation: [/b] All welcome
    [b]Marital Status: [/b] Single, married, divorced, widow(er)
    [b]Job: [/b]
    [b]Ship: [/b]

[i][size=14pt]Description[/size][/i][hr]
    [justify]1 paragraph describing the appearance of the character. Use complete sentences, and remember that not every E. user can see the image posted to the right.[/justify]

[i][size=14pt]Personality[/size][/i][hr]
    [justify]1 paragraph describing the personality of the character. Use complete sentences, not just a list of traits[/justify]

[i][size=14pt]History[/size][/i][hr]
    [justify]2 paragraphs minimum. Since it is the minimum requirement for posts, show the GM how you write.[/justify]

[i][size=14pt]Skills[/size][/i][hr]
    [list]
    [li]List of skills your character has[/li]
    [li]Relevant or not to their job[/li]
    [/list]

[i][size=14pt]OOC Information[/size][/i][hr]
    [b]Player: [/b] Your E. name
    [b]O&O: [/b] Your O&O, and those relevant to this character if you so wish.
    [b]Other Notes: [/b]Anything else worth knowing about you or about this character.

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
    Things I Enjoy 
    My Apologies.

AmberStarfire

I'm interested in the tactical officer's role. I'm not sure I'll get a sheet to you tonight. Tomorrow's more likely.

Orange Marmalade

arkhos

Sent in an app for the position of CAG.

This group sounds awesome! :)
    Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Eliza

Quote from: arkhos on February 19, 2016, 12:40:08 AM
    Sent in an app for the position of CAG.

This group sounds awesome! :)

I followed arkhos here and I'm hooked. hehe

Urbanzorro

Yay for interest :D can't wait to see everyone's characters.

My Idea Page
    Things I Enjoy 
    My Apologies.

AmberStarfire

I had some art commissions crop up that I needed to do today, but I'm still interested and will do my best to get a sheet to you tomorrow.

Eliza

Urbanzorro

We're currently only looking for original characters. That having been said if you want to base your a character off one of the minor ones from the show I don't have an issue with that. Though they still need to be original as opposed to cannon characters who have somehow made it away from the show and into our story. If you need help please feel free to PM me and Aysande and I'm sure we can help hammer something out.... Obviously that goes for everyone if you've got a concept and would like to know if it will fit please feel free to ask.

My Idea Page
    Things I Enjoy 
    My Apologies.

Eliza

I just have the photo of one, the profile will be different.

Urbanzorro

Oh that's perfectly fine. Face grabs from the show's minor characters are not an issue at all.

My Idea Page
    Things I Enjoy 
    My Apologies.

Eliza

Okay, well I'll come up with a character sheet soon for maybe a raptor pilot

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
    Things I Enjoy 
    My Apologies.

AmberStarfire

Eliza

Submitted my sheet. It's hard not knowing the history of the Excalibur and the relationship it has with my character (preferably, its location at the time of the attack).

arkhos

Quote from: Eliza on February 23, 2016, 04:39:28 PM
    Submitted my sheet. It's hard not knowing the history of the Excalibur and the relationship it has with my character (preferably, its location at the time of the attack).

I keep thinking for some reason that the Excalibur was in orbit around Caprica when this game starts....

I could be wrong, I might be thinking of something else. UZ will be by to let us know sometime soon, I bet. :)

-ark
    Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Urbanzorro

The day of the attack Excalibur was participating in a series of war games meant to test the training of the crew of the Argus, a Mercury class battlestar(same class as the Pegasus) and the newest in the fleet. The Excalibur was playing the part of a pirate force and as such was using older Mark II Vipers as it's primary fighter compliment. The Argus was tasked with tracking it down and eliminating it. In fact both battlestars were in the middle of simulated combat when they received word of the attack. They were then given orders to rendezvous with the rest of the fleet under Admiral Nagala at a point near Picon in preparation for a counter attack on the Cylon forces. The Excalibur jumped to the rally point and along with several other battlestars moved in to attack the Cylon basestars that were bombarding Picon. Needless to say the battle didn't go well for the colonials with the majority of the colonial ships mysteriously shutting down or suffering malfunctions just before the battle began. Excalibur was the only battlestar not to be effected the malfunctions not only left the fleet vulnerable but also left the large number of civilian ships that had been under the fleet's protection open to attack. With no other options Excalibur issued orders for the civilians to jump away to a new rally point, covered their escape, recalled any/all Vipers and Raptors who could still respond, and jumped after them. From that the course of events followed the timeline that's been laid out.

If anyone has any further questions please feel free to ask.

My Idea Page
    Things I Enjoy 
    My Apologies.

Cynadea

Several key position need to be filled, and so far there is a majority of female characters. What are you guys waiting for? :)

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

arkhos

Quote from: Aysande on February 26, 2016, 01:05:26 AM
    Several key position need to be filled, and so far there is a majority of female characters. What are you guys waiting for? :)

I'd be happy to create more dudes....

But was wanting to give other folks a shot at those positions first. :)

-ark

CuriousEyes

Oh geez and I had promised myself no more group games...

Are you guys feeling close to getting started? Have to think on it...

Cynadea

The RP is started, there are a few open posts. This isn't a guided group game where everyone is all together in one thread. There will be some that are like that, we call them episodes. Main events that affect the ship as a whole (and if your character isn't concerned by the event, they can skip out of it completely.) It's a sandbox, where players come up with their own plot. So feel free to make a character and hop in. :)

We are definitely looking for more people.

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread