Stranded (Interest check- EX) Urgent cal for one male see last post

Started by lovelygirl, December 01, 2010, 09:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lovelygirl

I had started a game like this a little while ago and it came to a screeching halt. So I'm twisting it up and changing it a bit to see if it will take off in it's new form.

Three friends went out to celebrate one of them getting a pilots license. About an hour into the trip something went horribly wrong. All the instruments began to fail, the engines cut out, and the only hope they had was to land on an island they spotted. The plane went doen, the wings sheared off on the trees, but they all survived.
They waited months to get rescued, no one came. No signal for cell phones, no instruments working, they were cut off from the world they knew. They learned how to survive, depend on each other, and live on the island they crashed on to.

Flash forward two years, three girls out on a boat owned by one of them. They had planned on sailing  just for a weekend, then a storm rolled in. The boat, not large enough to handle such a storm, capsizes with the girls aboard. The manage to say together and get themselves to and island they figure is uninhabited. The shell and remains of the boat come ashore, some things salvageable.

This is where out story begins. Now I want a story- the girls trying to survive not knowing the men are there. The men, well will they be predators, or will they be heroes? I don't want a fuck free for all.  I am making this extreme to allow for anything to happen.

Please post if you are interested. This is not a first come first served. I need three men and one more girl. ( Two female roles are taken already. )

What I want- Frequent posters- at least one post a day- you can't do  that, honestly I probably won't pick you. I've been in too many groups where we wait days for a post. I know things in RL happen and you are unable to post from time to time, but for the most part be frequent. Also please, no one liners, give us something to go off of. That's it, not too demanding.

Please post the following:

Character name
Personality
History

All players will be considered and then chosen from. Thanks
Slowly getting back to posting

Ons &Offs
A &A's updated 3/27/16 UPDATE Very Important!

rpgirl85

I had like to join as one of the men if you like..
Character Name: Desmond Haynes
Appearance:

Personality: Desmond had always had a kind of a quiet and dark personality about him. He didn't trust new people easily and kept his thoughts mostly to himself. He also didn't believe much in the ways of the world and has always been kind of a rebel, having problems with authority figures. But when it came to suppressing the weak himself, one could say that Desmond was a bit of a hypocrite. At first look, one could say that he was extremely selfish and only cared about his own comforts.
History: Desmond was born in a bad neighborhood, he has had a history of family violence with his mother getting shot when he was young and his father serving a life imprisonment in jail after he killed the men responsible for the death of his mother in an act of revenge. So Desmond was literally raised by his uncle afterwards who taught him pretty much how to survive in the big bad world and also took care of his schooling. Desmond never went to college, for he wanted to see and experience the real world.

lovelygirl

I accept all players and roles they might want- makes it more interesting to pick from!

Ons &Offs

Xantham

I am interested.  Let me know if this works for you

Character name:  Elijah Oresti
Appearance

Personality:  Elijah was a professor of Anthropology and Early American Studies before the plane crash.  He was fairly knowledgeable in living off the land as his studies proved invaluable.  Their early survival and subsequent ability to function was truly helped along by his ideas and ingenuity.  Elijah is open with his thoughts and knowledge, almost to a pedantic degree, as many professors are want to be.  He means well.  He also has had severe bouts of depression lately and has basically given up hope of returning to society.

History:  Though now ten years divorced, Elijah was married at 19 to a fellow college student named Rachael.  Money troubles and separation due to graduate studies and field work drove the pair to divorce.  The last few years of their marriage had seen them learn how to press all the wrong buttons and had shaken Elijah's faith in the sanctity of monogamous marriage.  His studies had shown him that most early tribes were multiple wife based and seemed to thrive as such.  His only problem is that despite the love that turned inti rancid hate, he and Rachael had always had great sex and even when he last saw her at 37, she looked stunning.  Elijah has a great tendency to compare all girls to his ex, which means while they invariably win in the personality contest, they often have trouble in other areas.  Consequently, he has not had a steady girlfriend (or even slept with a woman more than once) since his divorce.

lovelygirl

Looks good thanks for throwing your hat in

Ons &Offs

lovelygirl

Still on search for more players, would love to get this going soon

Ons &Offs

DiverseDesires

I would like to be considered for the third female role please, I have a character I would like to use as she is a feisty person with quite a lot of attitude and a free spirit who travels a lot:

Character name: Madison Taylor, Maddi

Appearance: Eyes: Dark Green; Hair Color: Naturally Fair; Height: 5'6”; Weight: 122lbs; Build: 32c-23-32, fit, very supple and strong

Personality
Personality Traits: Gets on really well with almost anyone she meets as she has few expectations and understands that people are only who they can be.  Because of her own life experiences she is a great believer in making the most of things and enjoying life, living it to the full and making other people around you happy when you can.  Doesn't really value material belongings is more impressed by someone taking the time to do something personal like write them a song or take them to see the sunrise
Strengths: Generous, very understanding and liberal in her outlook, a conscientious hard worker, and as people normally respond to her in kind this helps a lot with traveling, getting offers of accommodation and friendship easily and is a natural skill she falls back on in times of need.
Weaknesses: Never hangs on to money, uses her fists too quickly when feeling threatened, emotional, easily distracted by a new idea and can go off on a tangent – stubborn to the point of blindness sometimes. 
Likes: Music, dancing, new places, people, new experiences and the freedom to be whom she pleases where she pleases
Dislikes: Narrow mindedness, routines, being confined or trapped, bullies, people who think money makes them important, intellectual snobs

History

Madison was born and grew up on a small Scottish island in a commune of Scottish Calvinists.  The community was isolated, strict and narrow in its outlook.  Madison never settled to the life, although she was happy to work hard she hated the narrow, puritanism of it all and the rigid, sometimes harsh discipline and lack of freedom. At the age of 15 she ran away.  She has since then led an unusual gypsy life, working, travelling, turning her hand to lots of different things. She had her fingers badly burned at the age of 17, when she fell in love with a man who was actually grooming her to be a prostitute.  Since then she has never fully trusted or opened herself up to man, taking pleasure where she wants it and giving it for money or temporary security when she needed to.

She learned to sail at 18 when a man giving her a lift, when she was hitchhiking, offered her a job crewing on his yacht, mainly to do all the cooking to give his wife a break  She has often taken crewing jobs since then as a way of seeing the world, even delivering new yachts on occasion and luxury cruisers.

She is at home with her body and her sexuality, has even worked as an erotic dancer among other things, and views life for living and never lets herself dwell on the sad or bad things that have happened to her over the years, and her lifestyle has meant rather a lot have.  She's a tough cookie, but the slightly kookie wild child that escaped from her colony is always not far away, she's just as likely to go out and dance naked in the rain, say something outrageous or suddenly pack up and set off traveling with someone she'd just met as she is to stand toe to toe, spit in your face or leg sweep you if you are rude.

Let me know what you think - I don't know the girl's backstories - but I thought she could always be just crew for the two girls - ie not know them too well - but I'm quite happy to work on a back story if you prefer

thanks
"The imagination is the spur of delights… all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy? Is it not of the imagination that the sharpest pleasures arise?" ~Marquis de Sade~

Imaginings  ~  Desirables  ~  Wilful Words  ~  Diary - A/A  Updated September 15th

kaz

Count me in.  You know I'm always up for your games.  I'll work on a charrie. :)
Looking to write.  Sometimes life catches up with me.  If it does I will be back...

Kate

how "ex" is this (im a little more extreme than most)

lovelygirl

Lol I do remember Kate. Were you looking to take a male or female role?

Ons &Offs

Kate

Urbanzorro

Are you still looking for male characters?
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

lovelygirl

Accepting CS's to pick from up until Monday. Then I will pick my cast.

Ons &Offs

Writersblockade

How can I resist?

Character name Charles Harrington
Age 29
Appearance

Personality  Charlie is the personification of slick. He doesn’t manipulate, he just exudes an aura of believability. Mixed with his natural killer instinct for the wheel and deal, and you get a salesman born and bred. Underneath it all, he’s a focused man who likes things in a very exact way. A perfectionist, if you will, whose knowledge that he would never achieve that perfection has not stopped him from trying to obtain it, or forcing others to live up to it.

History Charles Harrington’s future was written before he had exited the womb. His father, a mid level sales exec at the time, felt that his son would succeed where he only found partial success, and went on to impart all of his learning on the boy at a very early age. They started as small life lessons. Initiating trades for the good cookies, by attempting to convince another that his were better. Sweet talking the lunch lady into getting him an extra chocolate milk. It progressed to talking girls out of their clothes, and him into the houses of those he would sell to. Selling himself to sell a dream, his life was a blur of contracts and eligible bachelorettes. Finally, he called for a break.

His father, of course, tried to have none of it, but he’d created a monster, then got to witness his handiwork in person. He not only talked himself into a vacation at the busiest time of the year for his firm, but also arranged to take his father’s clients as they quietly ushered him out. Life was very good. He’d wanted to celebrate with his friends…real friends as *insert name* got his pilot’s license. He loved these guys, and felt that he was accepted for being the asshole that he was, especially since he gave such great apology gifts.

The crash came suddenly, and he still didn’t think it was *insert name*’s fault. Rotten luck all around, especially since they spent around two years on the island already. In all honesty, a part of him felt free…alive. His father, no doubt, got to keep his job yet that didn’t matter to him while he was out here. He’d given himself whole-heartedly to the island after a year, and survived on trial and error. The island provided, and he felt in the best shape of his life. It was like one of those beer commercials, and all they needed were a few swimsuit models to tie it all together.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

kaz

Character name: Elizabeth Keating (Liz)
Appearance:

Dark Skinned woman standing at 5'8 tall.  She isnt exactly skinny, Liz has always been more curvy that straight, and has an ample bosom.  She has shoulder length dark hair and large dark brown eyes.  She is often laughing and always seems to wear a smile.   She is orginally from the West Indies, but moved the the US to study to train to be a Doctor.

Personality: Cool, confident, caring.  A woman you really want in your team when things get tough.  She isnt afraid of a challenge and stands up for the injustices she sees around her.  She volunteers three months of the year in African countries.  She is an accomplished Medic and isnt afraid to take the lead when the situation warrants it.  A woman people can rely upon.

She hates creepy crawlies and has a fear of spiders.  If she sees anything with too many legs she turns into a wreck.

History: Born in the West Indies her early years were a struggle.  She was always a bright, intelligent girl who wanted more out of her life.  She studied hard and was offered a scholarship to the US to study medicine at a well known teaching Hospital.  She was 20 when she left her home.  She has never regretted that.

She trained hard, learning her profession.  There were never any men in her life apart from the odd time, she never had much time to spare and before she knew it she was 35 and working a full time career.  She started volunteering just after she qualified and still gives three months a year to over seas aid organisations.
Looking to write.  Sometimes life catches up with me.  If it does I will be back...

lovelygirl

Last call for characters today. I will be contacting the cast via PM later today or first thing tomorrow. 

Ons &Offs

Coreli

Character name: Anotonio Marcello (or Tony)
Appearance:

Personality: Tony is a good guy and  is extremely protective of those that are close to him. He's the guy you want in your corner, and while he is gentle in nature, has an Italian temper and he will take on anyone who who is a threat. Tony is unmarried, and has never really had a long term relationship. As a hopeless romantic, he falls hard for women, then quickly moves on before getting too attached.

History: Before the accident, Tony worked as and Art Director in Advertising, but deep down he was an artist. If he had his choice he would be a painter full time, but he preferred the lifestyle that a more professional job could provide.

His closest friends were from childhood - and even though they each took different paths in life, remained close through the years. The weekend they went flying was just one more adventure they liked to share together, even though they often found themselves at odds due to their competitive nature.

lovelygirl

Character name : Kira Spencer
Age 28

Appearance ( pic or description)

Personality: Kira is sweet, a kind soul and loves to have a good time. She's not your overt party girl, but she isn't a shy wallflower either. She feels free on the ocean in her parents boat, which she can now go out on her own since they don't use it any more. She smiles most of the time, but never  pouts when she can't get her way, she's not  spoiled by any means and is always there to lend a hand if needed.

History: Kira is an only child, but was brought up with good values. She was taught never to take anything for granted. Her family was not wealthy, but they did afford little luxuries from time to time. She was thrill when they bought a boat. She loved the water, her dad told her she was part fish because she loved to swim so much. It was a modest boat and her father taught her to sail it with him. They would spend day on aboard it, before returning to shore and reality.

Now with her parents older, they have given her the boat to sail on it as she wished. She had met Maddi in sailing circles and they became fast friends. She didn't see Maddi often enough because her friend was a free spirit and would crew wherever she could find work. She often kept in touch by e mail and text.

As for Liz, well, she was a friend of the family and like a older sister to Kira. Kira loved to hear her stories about her native lands and just adored Liz. She had known Liz since she was s girl, and if Kira was in trouble, if mom didn't find out, somehow Liz did, and gave her that sisterly scowl. Still, she grew to be close friends with Liz and wanted her to come sailing and also gave Maddi a heads up for a holiday. Now they were about to embark on a trip that would change their lives, for good. 

Ons &Offs

lovelygirl

Ons &Offs

lovelygirl

Urgent call I have lost the character of Desmond suddenly - I f someone would like to take over the role, please let me know.

Ons &Offs