INTEREST CHECK: City of the Drow (reboot) 3.5 DnD [14/?? spots filled]

Started by Zaer Darkwail, September 29, 2011, 06:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

The gold from Landlord is meant only for stronghold. Also any gold to a point invested from your starting wealth is doubled for stronghold.

Xerial

Aye, I reckoned that it was only for a stronghold... not sure a tavern even counts full on as a Stronghold, really, but we'll see what the cost is. I'm not even sure I'll need too many feats once I have the sword covered. I should sleep, though, I have a meeting to be at in a few hours.

Xerial

...and I never slept. Comics got in the way of that. It just occurred to me that if I don't have any fighter levels Shadowdancer's never going to happen. It'd take all of my feats but one to get the prereq, and I'm not sure Hide in Plain Sight is worth sacrificing three feats for, when only one of those feats is one I really need. Dodge is lame at a higher levels, and Mobility is useless with good ranks in Tumble. Only Combat Reflexes is something I'd find useful, and with my last GM it wasn't at that.... it was rarer than a Nun farting in church that an NPC would do anything which gave an Attack of Opportunity, let alone more than one in a round.

And given I only get the five feats (damn my not being a Matron, and not getting those freebies :P ), three lost means I either take the one or two others that give the character some flair, or I go the Leadership route. Can't do both.

ShadowFox89

Hmmm.... I'm not one for going into a ton of classes myself. I was thinking a possible dragonfire adept, maybe with a shadow dragon wyrmling cohort. Are other races than drow allowed?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Nop, drows, half-drows, draegloths are allowed so far. Drider a maybe. Anyways dragonfire adept is ok with me, altough it needs curious background story.

Xerial

Shadowdancer is out... but fear not, Drow Batman is still able to Hide in Plain Sight... he just needed the Blend into Shadows feat.

Also trying to build the tavern without it being too dang expensive, so as to buy it without the need of the Landlord feat, since being male means no sexy free feats.  :P

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Xerial on December 08, 2011, 10:13:09 AM
Shadowdancer is out... but fear not, Drow Batman is still able to Hide in Plain Sight... he just needed the Blend into Shadows feat.

Also trying to build the tavern without it being too dang expensive, so as to buy it without the need of the Landlord feat, since being male means no sexy free feats.  :P

In all fairness being female doesn't give any free feats either, it's being a matron that does. House Archwinter PC's are  Antimony and Istrath for females and Abduxuel and Micarmur'ss for males and only Abduxuel has the free feat.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

ulthakptah

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 08, 2011, 06:20:41 AM
Don't forget a Ring of the Darkhidden, from MIC. 2,000GP, and you don't show up on Darkvision, period (though are fully visible to normal lighting of any kind).
Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 08, 2011, 06:26:47 AM
Hehe, indeed. Also to avoid Batman ambushed he has also blindfold of true darkness (60'ft blindsight).
While hes at it he should just copy paste my whole character sheet!

The blindfold is in arms and equipment guide for 9k.

Xerial

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on December 08, 2011, 10:22:55 AM
In all fairness being female doesn't give any free feats either, it's being a matron that does. House Archwinter PC's are  Antimony and Istrath for females and Abduxuel and Micarmur'ss for males and only Abduxuel has the free feat.

Technically that'd be in all not-quite-fairness. It makes life much easier for a select few, but I've adapted without, and am going to spend some personal funds on the Tavern and it's attached secret pad, because Drow Batman's all about the Batcave.

ShadowFox89

Well, I'm thinking of either a dragonfire adept or ardent. And I hope someone who is relatively unfamiliar with the underdark book is okay.

I'll likely end up submitting two characters.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Xerial

....and I found my Prestige Class... and it makes me giggle, mainly because it allows me to throw a bastard sword. A nice little trick for Drow Batman to pull out of his hat.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheGlyphstone

Technically, Hulking Hurler would work if he could be Large, but BB is my bet.

And it even begins with B as well, like Batman.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 08, 2011, 03:28:25 AM
The tauric is counted in the limit, so tauric + two others besides base creature (or two with tauric). Anyways I do not got have the listed sources so I do not allow those templates. I got MM III, Libri Mortis, Savage Species, Legions of Hell and Hordes of Abyss when speaking generic sense what monsters/templates what to use (besides core MM book).

Ah.  Well, having taken a little time to look around, I found the Chimeric Creature template here. ^^; Of course, two of my templates are already taken up by Tauric and Lolth-Touched, so I can't do my original plan of taking a Dire Lion and applying the Horrid and Chimeric templates, in addition to Tauric and Lolth-Touched.

Which is a bit of a pity, since I had this whole big backstory worked out about the character being a magical fusion of a Dire Lion, a Black Dragon and a young woman, courtesy of those wacky scientist-wizards at the Antisolar Institute in the Ghetto of Scholars.  Sold into slavery once testing was complete, she was promoted in the games as an exotic surface-dwelling monster and killed every fighter sent against her, eventually earning Lolth's favor and a prominent position in House Killyl as a well-paid member of their standing military forces.  Now, she intersperses work as a bodyguard and mount with occasional gladiatorial fun, all while dealing with the lecherous advances of Matron Janafae Killyl's secret boss draconic mount, Zekolin.

Hmm.  Although, there might still be a way to get the relevant features...  Earlier, you suggested the Half-Fiend template to me for adding onto a creature with the Tauric template.  Given that the Half-Fiend template changes the base creature's type to Outsider (Native), does that mean that you're willing to waive some of the type restrictions for the Tauric template, if it comes with a good backstory?  Because if so, I could take the Chimeric and Tauric templates, then use the Monster of Legend template in place of the Lolth-Touched template.  Same basic flavor of being divinely-favored, but much, much stronger abilities...

Snake

what's funny is Dinirahc qualifies for the "monster of legend" template due to Feral making his type: Monstrous humanoid nifty huh?

Kunoichi

Yep. ^^

Though, what with Monster of Legend being +7 LA under normal circumstances, it'd be rather tough for him to acquire it. ^^;

*imagines possibilities of Dinirahc teaming up with this monstrous lady on the arena floor*

Snake

Actually if a deity takes special favor with him it could...like Malar takinga  shine to his feral nature or something. (of course that would probably come with a gift of lycanthropy since Malar is the deity of evil lycanthropes) and Drow are known to fear and hate them.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I can waive that you can be outsider as tauric template as I had nice mental image of hot looking Belzekira (hellcat) as one base for tauric creature and other base top half of erinyes or succubi or something similar :P.

Anyways I allow tauric+Lolth Touched template but chimeric I think does not quite so well in my mix for this game.

TheGlyphstone

Okay, revised and mostly final character sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=351319

Character-wise, he is primarily notable as part of a small, obscure sect of male drow calling themselves 'Il'lim'lolth', or 'Bastard Sons of Lolth', with the primary creed that serving Lolth's will and authority extends to all of the Underdark, including the caverns and tunnels outside the cities proper, and it is the duty of any drow to see her power championed throughout the darkness. Almost all males with many druids and rangers (always taking spider companions), they worship her as Lady of Spiders and Mistress of the Caverns, primarily living as hermits and recluses beyond the city walls where the priestesses can happily pretend they don't exist - technically heretics, but tolerable ones, since they never claim to actually speak for Lolth (and in fact deny any special connection at all, however blatant and obvious the lie). Lolth views them with amused disdain, and supplies them spells as a subtle warning to her true clergy not to grow complacent...if they screw up badly enough and often enough, she could go so far as to replace them with men.

Xerial

ShadowFox89

On the one hand, I want to take the lolth-touched template for it's stuff... On the other hand, DFA pretty much requires you to be able to have 18 levels in it to be any good, and even then I would much rather go straight through level 20 for that lovely 9d6 breath attack every round.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 08, 2011, 12:40:19 PM
Well, I can waive that you can be outsider as tauric template as I had nice mental image of hot looking Belzekira (hellcat) as one base for tauric creature and other base top half of erinyes or succubi or something similar :P.

Anyways I allow tauric+Lolth Touched template but chimeric I think does not quite so well in my mix for this game.

Well, there goes my character concept, then.

Guess I'll have to go look for something that doesn't rely on having a bite attack...

Zaer Darkwail

The char looks okay TheGlyphstone, but just need flesh out more his background (he started transmuter after all).

Sad to hear your abandoning your monster companion Kunoichi, I hope you find some other suitable cohort for your matron mother :/.

ShadowFox89

Just to clarify, is this game in Forgotten Realms or a generic setting?

So far, for my set up, I'm thinking: Lolth Touched Drow Dragon Fire Adept 11 (ECL 14)
Call me Shadow
My A/A