BattleTech 3057 - Recruiting players and co-GMs for new run.

Started by Wargtass, October 27, 2013, 06:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orderNchaos

Have you seen some of the old farts walking about on the dropship???  Do you SERIOUSLY want them walking around with no shirt lathered up in oil???

EEEEWWWW!!!!

Thorne

Can think of worse things, yanno.

I'm not sure Ailis would be opposed to wandering around shirtless on occasion.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

PaladinZenaku

Here is how he looks in different places.
Missions
On the ship
With you
In the shower

"Underneath the silvery moon,
Your path can still turn foul.
You'll know you've made a wretched move,
When werewolves start to howl."
~Shadowfang~
Alpha Male of Southern US Pack

Sara Nilsson

PaladinZenaku

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on November 19, 2013, 09:21:45 PM
Only if said dress code is universal. Can't be discriminating against anyone here.
I wouldnt mind all of the girls doing it. ::) Even though ranna teases everyone with the unzipped skin tight leather suit.
Quote from: Thorne on November 19, 2013, 09:36:13 PM
Can think of worse things, yanno.

I'm not sure Ailis would be opposed to wandering around shirtless on occasion.
Quote from: Sara Nilsson on November 19, 2013, 09:44:13 PM
I am game
I would love it.
~Shadowfang~

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: orderNchaos on November 19, 2013, 09:25:20 PM
Have you seen some of the old farts walking about on the dropship???  Do you SERIOUSLY want them walking around with no shirt lathered up in oil???

EEEEWWWW!!!!

ok.. so.. only up to age.. hmm 40?

Wheresmycow

Here's a question: how detailed do people make their search queries for character pictures?  Because I'm not having much luck finding a picture that speaks to me here, but I'm only using a four word search query.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: Wheresmycow on November 19, 2013, 09:48:51 PM
Here's a question: how detailed do people make their search queries for character pictures?  Because I'm not having much luck finding a picture that speaks to me here, but I'm only using a four word search query.

tbh i have a huge folder of redheads i go through and pic what i like. but normally i just go to some of the popular sites and just type in redhead.. and then go from there

PaladinZenaku

If you need help go to this thread. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=134251.msg9218616#new
Christa will help you. She did me a sexual rp I did with her ::) that died.

Sara you looked at the pics yet?
~Shadowfang~

Wheresmycow

I totally forgot about Bradley Cooper.

Especially from A-Team.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Wargtass

Before we overflow the recruitment thread... again!  ::)

I consider all of you approved, even if you are not done with your characters all just yet. Go over there and finish up while I finish up here. :P
O/O

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on November 19, 2013, 09:45:49 PM
ok.. so.. only up to age.. hmm 40?

I am still fine with this. See all of the fab, show none of the flab.

Blobbe

Quote from: Wargtass on November 20, 2013, 01:40:57 AM
Before we overflow the recruitment thread... again!  ::)

I consider all of you approved, even if you are not done with your characters all just yet. Go over there and finish up while I finish up here. :P

Warg, want us to drop Bios there or somewhere else?

orderNchaos

Hey, you all know I have a very special need to use original faces and models for my characters, but I was wondering if anyone would have issue with using Scarlett Johansson's Agent Romanoff images for Ranna?

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: orderNchaos on November 20, 2013, 10:48:44 AM
Hey, you all know I have a very special need to use original faces and models for my characters, but I was wondering if anyone would have issue with using Scarlett Johansson's Agent Romanoff images for Ranna?

eh.. no!!! no problems! *drools a little* in fact.. please do :)

Thorne

Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

PaladinZenaku

Quote from: orderNchaos on November 20, 2013, 10:48:44 AM

Yes there is a problem........The front zipper is all the way up. Still Robert wont have a problem.
~Shadowfang~

Anathanasia

I wanted to post this back here, since it's another old character I might possibly play (not really having luck shoe-horning Lee in).

I dug and dug and dug through old posts and found this character I almost got to play more than 6 years ago here (no pic yet, but she is another redhead!):
Kate MacTaggart
Name: Kathryn Emily MacTaggart ("Kate")
Hair: Red (kind of a darker, brandy red)
Eyes: Pale blue
Height: 5'2"
Build: Petite
Homeworld: Skye
Piloting: AS8-X4 Atlas (late-Star League variant prototype)

Description:
   Petite, very pretty and outgoing, Kate wears her dark red hair shortish, which naturally falls into loose, unruly ringlets, down to just past her shoulders. Her eyes are a startling pale blue, and if it weren't for the palor of her alabaster skin they would look very out of place beside her red hair. The rest of her features are delicate and pretty, from her pouty mouth to slender waist and dainty feet. Kate's breasts are smallish, but a nice size for a small woman like her, and pert, and it seems like she gets most of her 5'2" from her stunning legs.

History:
   Kathryn Emily MacTaggart is the eldest child and heir to her families land and holdings on the Lyran Alliance world of Skye. The MacTaggart's are what could be described as 'landed' mercenaries, mercenaries with long standing ties to House Steiner, or more appropriately, the Federation of Skye, but they are still mecenaries. Their ties date back to final days of the Star League, when one Captain Jennifer MacTaggart (keeping the MacTaggart name through marriages is tradition), a test pilot at the Hesperus II facilities decided to stay in the Inner Sphere along with so many other Atlas pilots, in hopes of bettering her station through her powerful mech. It worked.
   Kate herself was raised into this warrior houseold, despite being essentially a member of the minor nobility, to take over the frontline duties of the head of the household. She trained from a young age, learning to fire small arms and assist the house techs as they worked on the massive Atlas.
   After a hard fought battle, Kate's father wound up injured to the point where he could no longer serve on the front lines, and so he turned to Atlas over to her despite her young age, just shy of sixteen. Kate's father has since taken an instructors position at Sanglamore Academy on Skye, piloting an old Crusader mech his own father had captured on the field decades earlier.
   So it was that already in possession of her own assault mech, Kate was sent off to the Sanglamore Academy to formally study as a mechwarrior. It was standard fare; Kate did well, her outgoing nature and beauty helping her to get along with the other students, almost all from priveleged families such as her own. Kate made one important friend in the quartermasters office there, a supplier of booze when she was a student, and even more useful things now.
   After graduation, Kate took a contract with the Skye Rangers, filling out an assult company with her own mech. She negotiated for ammunition and a decent percentage of repairs so it wasn't the end of the world when the op when pear-shaped and there was an entire extra battalion of Snakes there. They fought their way free, the battalion sized raiding force of Skye Rangers had brought an assault company along and they sure proved their worth after some bumpy, but effective, redeployment by their Union dropship crew.
   After this battle, Kate decided to not replace the old Star League gauss rifle, and the last spare from her families secret stockpile had been used almost 20 years ago, instead installing an ultra-AC/20 (her father had already replaced the old SRM6 with a Streak model as soon as he'd been able to get his hands on one). Kate likes the increased firepower, feeling the ER large lasers and LRM20 are ample long range firepower. The massive, rapid firing autocannon is far more of a heat burden than the old gauss rifle, but since hardly anyone can stand up to it, it's hopefully worth it.
   Kate took a contract with another merc unit next, and it turned out to be a banner couple of years. They saw a lot of action, moved around quite a bit, and did quite well. In a lot of ways, it was like a roving party with a few battles breaking it up, the time of Kate's life with lots of hot sex and insane battles.

Key Skills:
Mech Piloting and Gunnery (all +2s...getting to +3s is insanely hard since that editor won't let us spend the remainders. :p)
Sensor Ops
Tactics/Mech
Speaks Scottish Gaelic (essentially her 1st language), English, German
Scrounge
Streetwise/Lyran Alliance
Seduction
Technician/Mechanics and Myomer

AS8-X4 Atlas

Tonnage: 100
Internal Structure: Endo-Steel - 5 tons
Engine: 300 Vlar - 19 tons
Movement:
   Walk: 3
   Run:  5
Heat Sinks: 13 Double
Armour: Standard - 19 tons
   Head: 9
   Center Torso: 47/14
   R./L. Torso:   32/10
   R./L. Arm:      34
   R./L. Leg:      41

Armament:
Ultra AC/20 - RT
ER Lg Laser - RA
ER Lg Laser - LA
SRM 6 Streak - LT
LRM 20 - LT
Med. Laser (x2) - CT(R)

Notes:
CASE in LT only (2x LRM ammo, 1x SRM ammo, 1x UAC/20 ammo)
No CASE in RT (2x UAC/20 ammo)
LRM Ammo of choice is generally 1x SwarmI and 1x Semi-Guided (great with Tag equipped scouts!)
UAC/20 feeds from RT ammo bins first, LT is 'reserve'
Yup, this mech can overheat like stink. It's all about flexible response IMO when you get to assault mechs, not alpha strikes. ;)
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

TheGlyphstone

Maybe we should give up the mercenary business and sign on with the Lyran Commonwealth as a Scout lance. We've got the tonnage for it. ;D

Phaia

actually a proper lyran recon mech would have jump jets so ya all need victors to qualify as a lyran recon lance!!

*nods sagely*

phaia

Anathanasia

Quote from: Phaia on November 25, 2013, 12:02:38 AM
actually a proper lyran recon mech would have jump jets so ya all need victors to qualify as a lyran recon lance!!

*nods sagely*

phaia

I once put a single jump jet on an Annihilator variant (100 tons, 2/3/1 movement...), just so it could turn around faster. Could I use that?  ;D
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

hagetakabob

Since the game has come back to life and I've had the chance to resume RP, I felt that I'd give things another shot. I'd also like to apologise to everyone for leaving them in the lurch last time; hopefully things will go better this time round.

With that being said, here's a work-in-progress chracter. Tell me what you think.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Pilot

Name: David "Dave" Sharpe
Sex: Male
Homeworld: Tamar
Original Faction: Federated Commonwealth (Lyran)

Description: Dave is tall, with an average build and muscle tone. He has short, scruffy black hair and brown eyes, and is handsome in a somewhat unkempt or shabby way. Usually he dresses casually, with a preference for rough, hard-wearing clothes.

Background: The Sharpes were a noble family from Tamar, one that could trace their line back to the planet's initial colonisation. The Sharpe family had served in the LCAF (and later AFFC) for generations, fighting against the Draconis Combine as they had devoured the worlds of the Tamar Pact. David, oldest son of the family, had expected that once he came of age he too would continue this proud tradition of service.

Only it wasn't to be. Instead, the Tamar Words were attacked by a new enemy; the Clans. Inevitably, in 3052, the Wolves reached Tamar and descended upon it, crushing the Lyrans forces and achieving in a short, bloody campaign what the Combine never had. The Sharpe family were among those who had fought aginst the Wolves and ultimately failed to save their homeworld form conquest.

David had survived the fall of Tamar, fleeing with what he could. Embittered by the FedCom's faliure to save his homeworld, he slowly made his way instead to Outreach. Using his remaining personal wealth and building on his prior BattleMech training, David was able to land a billet in a Mercenary unit.

Personality: Dave does a good job of trying to be upbeat and approachable, but he harbours a lot of anger and resentment. He hates the Clans for what they did to his home, but he also sees the FedCom as having failed his world (And often sees the Davions as having deliberately sacrificed Lyran troops to buy time). Deep down he hopes to one day liberate Tamar from the Wolves, and that serves as a motivation of sorts to keep fightin.

Of late, David has begun to harbour the idea of assembling a mercenary force to take his hiome back. It's a long-term goal, but one that gives him focus and drive.

Speciality Skills: (Anything that doesn't have to do with piloting a 'Mech)

BattleMech Characteristics

BattleMech: NGS-4S Nightsky
Weight Class: Medium
Callsign: Chopper
Description: (A few sentences describing the looks of your mech. Any special paint scheme or extra bits for looks?)

Loadout: (Listing the armament of the 'Mech)

Modules: (Module upgrades of the 'Mech's systems as well as secondary systems, i.e. Anti Missile Systems, Artemis, BAP, etc.)

Upgrades: (All upgrades to the structure itself, including Ferro-fibrous armor, Endoskeleton, DHS, etc.)

Blobbe

Welcome back!

He looks good to me so far, and you win props from me for the 'Mech.

hagetakabob

Revised and hopefully final. Tell me what you think.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: David "Dave" Sharpe
Sex: Male
Homeworld: Tamar
Original Faction: Federated Commonwealth (Lyran)

Description: Dave is tall, with an average build and muscle tone. He has short, scruffy black hair and brown eyes, and is handsome in a somewhat unkempt or shabby way. Usually he dresses casually, with a preference for rough, hard-wearing clothes.

Background: The Sharpes were a noble family from Tamar, one that could trace their line back to the planet's initial colonisation. The Sharpe family had served in the LCAF (and later AFFC) for generations, fighting against the Draconis Combine as they had devoured the worlds of the Tamar Pact. David, oldest son of the family, had expected that once he came of age he too would continue this proud tradition of service.

Only it wasn't to be. Instead, the Tamar Words were attacked by a new enemy; the Clans. Inevitably, in 3052, the Wolves reached Tamar and descended upon it, crushing the Lyrans forces and achieving in a short, bloody campaign what the Combine never had. The Sharpe family were among those who had fought aginst the Wolves and ultimately failed to save their homeworld form conquest.

David had survived the fall of Tamar, fleeing with what he could. Embittered by the FedCom's faliure to save his homeworld, he slowly made his way instead to Outreach. Using his remaining personal wealth and building on his prior BattleMech training, David was able to land a billet in a Mercenary unit.

Personality: Dave does a good job of trying to be upbeat and approachable, but he harbours a lot of anger and resentment. He hates the Clans for what they did to his home, but he also sees the FedCom as having failed his world (And often sees the Davions as having deliberately sacrificed Lyran troops to buy time). Deep down he hopes to one day liberate Tamar from the Wolves, and that serves as a motivation of sorts to keep fightin.

Of late, David has begun to harbour the idea of assembling a mercenary force to take his home back. It's a long-term goal, but one that gives him focus and drive.

Speciality Skills: David's background makes him experienced in dealing with nobility and the upper classes. In theory, if he cleaned up, he could fit straight back in with them. He also is an expert horse rider and a skilled shot with a rifle.

BattleMech Characteristics

BattleMech: NGS-4S Nightsky
Weight Class: Medium
Callsign: Chopper
Description: Dave's Nightsky is relatively new and in good condition. It currently wears a drab forest camoflague pattern.

Loadout:
*1 Large Pulse Laser
*2 Medium Pulse Lasers
*1 Small Pulse Laser
*Hatchet

Modules: Jump Jets

Upgrades: XL Engine, Double Heat Sinks

Wargtass

O/O