Is there a way to edit the 'new replies to your posts' list?

Started by Captain Maltese, December 14, 2010, 06:13:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Maltese

I recall asking for this a couple of years ago and there was no way to do it then, but since today's Elliquiy is barely recognisable from those days the technology may have changed and make this possible to fix now.

To the point. There are some threads where I have replied in the past, like the Doormat but also others, where I no longer have any interest in following new posts. Since the number of such threads have grown to be quite large over the years, it would be useful to me if I could unfollow those specific threads. Does such a feature exist?

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Caeli

This feature hasn't changed since the last time it was asked.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Captain Maltese

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

Kaizen

I went back and deleted my posts in the threads I no longer followed.  (given they were old posts and outdated and the topic/subject of conversation was no longer active)

It works, I had a few posts in the doormat from when I was new, I went back and deleted them, now I no longer receive doormat 'new post' updates.

I also did this on some of the social games threads that I no longer cared to play and grew tired of seeing them updated with every click of the button.

Captain Maltese

That is a great tip Kaizen, thank you! It won't work in the huge threads where I have hundreds or more posts scattered over years of posting, but the odd thread where I once posted a few oneliners could be taken out of the equation and that would at least reduce the total.

Oniya

Two other things you can do, which are more in keeping with the 'no deletion' guideline (although I can't imagine anyone complaining about that in a social game thread, it might be an issue with something in P&R or Elliquiy U.)

1) Use bookmarks.  This way, you proactively choose which threads you want to keep an eye on, and you can see the list even if you've recently read/posted.  I find this indispensable with RPs where I might read a post and be unable to properly phrase my response for a few days.

2) Before hitting the 'Show new replies', hit the top level of the socialization forums, read the new ones that you feel like reading, and then hit the 'Mark all as read' for that section of the forum.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Will

Quote from: Kaizen on December 14, 2010, 10:26:01 AM
I went back and deleted my posts in the threads I no longer followed.  (given they were old posts and outdated and the topic/subject of conversation was no longer active)

It works, I had a few posts in the doormat from when I was new, I went back and deleted them, now I no longer receive doormat 'new post' updates.

I also did this on some of the social games threads that I no longer cared to play and grew tired of seeing them updated with every click of the button.

This is actually frowned upon, I believe, no matter how old the thread is.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Caeli

Quote from: Will on December 14, 2010, 05:25:03 PM
This is actually frowned upon, I believe, no matter how old the thread is.

Deleting posts really only applies to roleplays and debates/discussions. We really don't care whether you delete your 3-years-past post in the "What are you wearing?" thread.

As always, we simply ask for common sense about this kind of stuff.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Trieste

(Unless there's a kerfuffle about it and you're being a git. >.> But that probably won't happen with a 3yo post. ;))

Will

I would've done that a long time ago if I hadn't been told otherwise. -_-
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Captain Maltese

I treasure my story posts, no matter how old and crusty they are, and in addition they are in stories I shared with someone - to delete them would be an insult to my then cowriter as I see it, no matter how things are between us now. And I would not delete a post in an actual discussion either - and those are not the kind of threads that keep recurring either. I am glad to hear that I can delete those shortie posts in play threads without repercussions.

Trieste

Yeah, I would call posts in the Forum Games/Socializing forum and the Adult Socializing forum fair game.

Blitzy

That's so good to know.

*Goes to delete some posts from socializing threads.*
One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.