News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Has anyone played any good video games lately?

Started by Music is life, July 20, 2013, 06:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokingCamels

Quote from: kakihara on March 28, 2016, 05:30:04 PM
Well, that might be the difference in opinion then.  I don't PvP much, my first time really being in Destiny.  PVP implies player vs player and I call bull that players are bullet sponges in the Darkzone, only the enemies.  I've been one and two shotted in there. Only the NPCs are in there and... well, that's not PvP.  So, seems we are in a circle.  I also have never been a fan of Tom Clancy's games so I guess I didn't have the same silly expectations that they should all be the same.  I do agree it's not an RPG any more than Destiny is, which puts it in a sad middle ground that leaves it meeting low expectations for some.  I do wish they would get on with some other end game content but as the developers said, they designed to accommodate casuals so everything is on a slower schedule, just like Destiny had been.

Not to butt in, but my two cents is that Kakihara presents a better, valid argument.  I am a Tom Clancy game fan.  I WISHED I could get my OCs of RB6, RS, & CO to work.  I used to love planning out the missions for perfection to a t on the hard difficulty settings.  Vegas 2 stays installed on my computer and I regularly play my 360 copy.  If you want a more traditional Tom Clancy game, play the new RB6 game and see how that goes.  This particular game WAS designed for casual players to pick up and like - a gateway game into the more typical TC fans.  If you don't like this game, which to me, looks a lot easier, and looks a lot more simplified than even Vegas 2, you're not going to like the amount of tactical detail and actual map elements in the more "hardcore" games.

I think it would be wise to remember that there hasn't been a good Tom Clancy shooter in a decade, give or take a year or two.  Vegas 2 was it.  And even some people thought it was too "soft" for their liking.  The market is saturated with Call of Duty this and Battlefield that.  Furthermore, most of your FPS gamers are not going to like having to have the patience to play traditional RB6 style shooters.  They're two different styles of game, even if the genre clicks.  I think this game looks good enough to try.  I think it looks simple enough to get the hang of, and I would play it if it was on screen and a controller was put in front of me. 

It admittedly might not be my first choice, but depending on choices, it ranks a lot higher than most.  I certainly wouldn't turn it down!

Inkidu

I remember playing Vegas 2 without any body armor. Fun times.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Emphatic Enigma

Sorry, I missed the posts! I wish I had some email notifications. ;p

It's interesting to see what people think about the Division, at least the graphics look amazing.

Quote from: kakihara on March 28, 2016, 05:09:09 PM
Actually, a recent update has made it more advantageous to go rouge.  I think it depends on what you like and if you have others to play with.  I have a clan from Destiny that is bored out of or mind for some content to play and mess around with and we are loving the Division.  Every online game is going to have bullet/sword sponges, it's just the name of the game.  I've never played WoW but I doubt if you are going near equal level you are going to kill anyone with one swipe of a sword or spell.  If you are playing alone, it may not be the best.  I've had a few days where I had an hour or two to kill and no one on and it was basically doing some of the minor stuff.  I don't think the matchmaking works very well as I'd get one player added, and once a third but still, it seemed like it could use some work.

So, I'd say if you are going to play alone, then yeah, I probably wouldn't get it.  But if you got a good group to run with it's great.  In fact, a recent exploit has been found where you get get large teams on the same server so you can go in missions and DZ with like two or three full squads.

Also, you can switch out your play style, something you mentioned about with The Secret World, one that I wanted to try but don't really game on my computer.  With The Division, you can be a healer, a tank, a DPS monster, and you can adjust on the fly due to how skills are in the game, it's all based on your equipment and your selected talents and such.

Thanks for this!

I wouldn't have expected that you could switch your play style. That's always a bonus for me.
As for the Secret World, I think it's pretty fun. It's just a bit of repetitive questing, however, it takes have an open world like feel and the quests will take you into different places. Not to mention being able to pretty much choose what weapons and magic you use. I did find it gets a little stale after a while but that's also because that game I was playing alone.

I think I'll have to check out more gameplay videos before I decide.

ThePrince

Apparently a Great War has broken out in EVE Online. Thus, I must go and add my coalition in this time of need.
RP Request Thread
O/O's
I am what I am. I am my own special creation.
So come take a look, Give me the hook or the ovation.
It's my world that I want to have a little pride in.
It's my world and it's not a place I have to hide in.
Life ain't worth a dam till you can say I am what I am.

Bliss

I have been sinking so much time into Minecraft, oh my Zod.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

SmokingCamels

Well, I've been playing this old school game called Gangsters.  It's sort of a turned based RTS.  I seen it on GoG.com and what gets me is that after all of these years, I still haven't actually beat that game.  :P

Far eyes

I have been playing a bit of Enter the Gungeon, if you like Rogulikes and bullet hell type games this is not a bad game. Though i still feel like the balance is a bit off mostly on HP regain its very punishing to loose health 
What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

What he means: "I like lesbians".
A/A
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180557.0

Far eyes

Quote from: SmokingCamels on April 10, 2016, 12:21:37 PM
I like Roguelikes.  What is bullet hell though?

Its a kind of game ware at times a lot of projectiles are on the screen.
There included a link to the game on TY

What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

What he means: "I like lesbians".
A/A
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180557.0

SmokingCamels

Eeeeeh... This one isn't quite what I like about the Roguelikes.

I'm a bit more of a "This War of Mine" kind of player.

Mathim

I needed to find something else to break my addiction to Skyrim and I've been enjoying the Wii game Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed. I loved the first couple of games in the series and this one is a lot goofier and funnier, and the difficulty is scaled down because the controls can be a bit difficult, but it's still a good game so far.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

TotesRider

I've been playing Killer Instinct on PC. Very happy to see this once little small reboot project be fleshed out into a badass fighting game.

Revelation

I've been playing a bit of gungeon in between DS3 and im not too impressed with it. Most, if not all the guns i've got feel very lackluster and enemies scale with health, making a weak gun even weaker in the long term. For a similar game, I really enjoy Nuclear Throne, though.

Lustful Bride

The Banner Saga 2

Oh I love how beautiful this series is! I could play it for hiurs,.,..if the creaking Dregs weren't such cheaters and stop killing off the entire party in only three turns!

But aside from that the game is just as good as the other one. *watches everyone else die*........ if I play this I will most likely have a heart attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f50agI28Yzw

Blythe

Quote from: Lustful Bride on April 18, 2016, 06:49:28 PM
The Banner Saga 2

*flails*

I'm waiting on this to unlock on Steam. It's supposed to unlock tomorrow. I loved the first one; I really really really can't wait to play this one!

A Person On A Computer

I'm about to jump into Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair. 

You know, just in case nobody sees me for a week. 

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Blythe on April 18, 2016, 08:08:54 PM
*flails*

I'm waiting on this to unlock on Steam. It's supposed to unlock tomorrow. I loved the first one; I really really really can't wait to play this one!

You....I like.

Tryggvi is the best

The Dark Raven

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Eikichi

I've soaked more time into Division this month than I ever thought I would. It reminds me of the early days of WoW were I'd sink 300-400 hours a month engaged in an MMO and not notice. With the Division though, I notice every bit of it. I'm currently sitting at around 300 hours and about half of it I'm regretting while the other half I'm absolutely enthused by. So I suppose I'm neutral to the game, but addicted nonetheless.
PMs are open for all role play inquiries.

TotesRider

Been still rocking Killer Instinct (Getting better with Tusk... but it's mostly because I want to unlock his taunts which are all Schwarzenegger quotes) Other than that i've been getting a bit into DS3 and playing Senran Kagura Estival Versus on vita.

ThePrince

The war continues to march on in Eve Online. Last night I got to go on a fleet, our mission was to camp the enemy station and prevent them from mining and earning income. We managed to be successful and destroyed three defense fleets that tried to stop us.

War is the best time to play Eve.
RP Request Thread
O/O's
I am what I am. I am my own special creation.
So come take a look, Give me the hook or the ovation.
It's my world that I want to have a little pride in.
It's my world and it's not a place I have to hide in.
Life ain't worth a dam till you can say I am what I am.

Zekromnomnom

I'm bouncing between a bunch of different things right now. Fire Emblem: Birthright, Persona Q, trying to platinum Persona 4 Golden, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, Akiba's Trip ( I buy weird shit on my PS Vita all the time, I dunno) and my brother is playing Terraria on his 360 so I started screwing around on Minecraft again.

Sasquatch421

Quote from: Zekromnomnom on April 20, 2016, 12:39:22 PMAkiba's Trip ( I buy weird shit on my PS Vita all the time, I dunno)

I've got that for my PS3 as well... Only need to get three endings yet. Still have fun with it though...

For me I'm being distracted by Resident Evil Revelations 2 raid mode and Splatterhouse...

drummer2006jk

For the most part I've been playing Fallout 4, going around with Piper as she's my favorite of the partners you can have in the game followed by Nick Valentine then Danse. As of late though been playing the PS4 Ratchet & Clank game, though it has given me nostalgia and memories of playing through the original Ratchet & Clank on PS2.

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: A Person On A Computer on April 18, 2016, 08:17:57 PM
I'm about to jump into Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair. 

You know, just in case nobody sees me for a week.

oO *jelous* let us know if it is good :)