The complete DC Universe. (Interest check/Recruiting still.)

Started by Batman4560, August 17, 2013, 08:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ascia

Quote from: belatris on September 03, 2013, 01:31:31 PM
Ohh always been a huntress fan.

Not sure ill like being on the pointy end of the crossbows at some point, but it will be fun.

You know, Raven might freak out the Roman Catholic Bertinelli. Could be fun. ^_^

belatris

Quote from: Ascia on September 03, 2013, 01:43:22 PM
You know, Raven might freak out the Roman Catholic Bertinelli. Could be fun. ^_^

I'd say it definitely will be fun ;-)

Batman4560

Wajin

If you're still open for more heroes I'll have one up for Barry Allen later today
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

Batman4560

I don't think I will ever close this to players. I look forward to the app.

Irishfire87

I was interested when I first saw the topic here but as I wasn't approved yet I was unable to post.  Now I can though!

.Character you wish to portray: Kara Zor-El AKA Linda Lee Danvers / Supergirl

(Just a side note that this is Supergirl and what would happen to her as an 18 year old coming into her powers without the guidance of Superman)

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Walking the line. 

.Powers and physical attributes:

While this is Supergirl and she is born with her powers she does not yet know how to fully utilize them.

-Advanced Intelligence- Kara spent 17 years on her home planet which is advanced much past the technologies of earth giving her superior intellect over the average human.  (I know that it should be 15 years on the planet but I want to change it so she is 18 at the time of this RP yet still freshly arrived.)

-Durability- Kara as a Kryptonian has the ability to withstand strong onslaughts with minor injuries.  While not invulnerable she can appear as such at times especially since bullets ricochet off from her.  While she is not invulnerable it would appear as though the suit she wears while taking the role of Supergirl is.

-Enhanced Hearing- Kara has shown the ability to hear frequencies that humans cannot.  She has also been shown to be able to hear sound waves that are breaking up meaning that she can hear even the slightest of sounds.

-Enhanced Lung Capacity- Kara can hold her breath for extended periods of time as she did while traveling through space.

-Flight- Due to being Kryptonian Kara has the ability of flight.  She can fly at the speed of light however doing so on earth is not necessarily a good thing as there are many things for one to fly into.

-Healing Factor- Kara can heal from bad wounds naturally however she must have time to.  This does not mean she can instantly heal, it just means that she can heal at an accelerated rate.

-Heat Vision- Kara has the ability to generate beams of radiation from her eyes that can melt steel.  This is one of the skills that Kara has not learned how to master and while Superman can use this ability subtly to warm coffee or for other menial tasks Kara has not learned how to control it well enough to do so.

-Super Speed-  Kara has exhibited the ability to move at speeds beyond that of a human yet she is not as fast as individuals whose speed is their specialty.

-Super Strength- Kara has the strength to accomplish amazing feats and supposedly can lift 100 tons however she does not know her own strength and therefore does not attempt such things.

-X-Ray Vision-  Kara can see through any material except for lead.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it):

Kara grew up on a section of Krypton, Argo City, that was blasted into space during the crisis that Superman had escaped.  She grew up and had enjoyed living where she was until she was in her teens when an unexpected meteor shower struck the city she lived in.  Her parents decided to save her by building a spacecraft for her and sending her to Earth where her cousin Superman would likely protect her.  She escaped just in time and saw the planet that she had lived her entire life on explode.  She greived the passing of all she had known the entire trip to earth.

Her arrival on Earth didn't go exactly as planned however as she landed near Star City, not Metropolis as planned.  It didn't take long before Kara started realizing the effects landing on earth had on her.  After she had only been on Earth a few minutes she stretched and then started to hover which freaked her out.  It was then that she remember what she had been told, being on Earth would awaken powers inside Kryptonians.  At first she was worried but then she started to smirk, this could be fun.

As she arrived in Star City she realized that sticking out wouldn't be the best thing so she donned a brunette wig and some school clothes that she 'acquired' from a civilian along with their backpack which she put her suit into.  It didn't take long for her to witness someone being mugged.  All Kara did though was watch and continue walking, after all what was it to her if some human got mugged?  Why should she risk her own health to protect someone that she didn't know?  Her goal in coming here wasn't to protect people, it was to survive.

It didn't take long for Kara to come to a quick conclusion as she watched another act of crime; Humans were not as civil as Kryptonians.  Kara made up her mind, she wouldn't help these people unless she had reason to.  What kind of people would openly harm people of their own kind?  This world wasn't what she'd thought it would be.

.The burning question - Why this character?:  The first two comics I ever read were given to me by my now deceased uncle.  They were the concluding issue of X-Men Vs The Avengers and the issue where Superman is killed by Doomsday.  As a result I ended up being a fan of superman and the X-men (as there was an animated series at the time).  Being the DC Universe, that rules out any X-Men and being that I don't like Rping as male characters that rules out Superman.  So I decided to go with Supergirl who is the female counterpart of Superman.  I'll be honest in that I don't know a lot about Supergirl, but you'll find that I'm willing to learn in order to fill the role and with the backstory I've given her and the lack of guidance from Superman it leaves a lot of free room to develop her as a character.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: I have 6 years of RP experience and am currently an Admin on a beta site that is half forum rp and half D&D not to mention I've been Admin and creator of a few.  I too have a love for superheroes and while I don't have as much DC knowledge as I do Marvel, I still have a lot of knowledge of the characters and any that I lack I am willing to learn about.  I am also very excited about this RP as I have never Rped in the setting of any Comic universe before.

.Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:

As Kara walks through the streets of Star City she can hear several voices even those that are from people a great distance away.  It becomes overwhelming to her as she covers her ears and closes her eyes.  As she settles herself and looks up she sees a man dressed in a suit and carrying a briefcase walking up to her.

"Excuse me Miss?  Are you alright?"  He asks seemingly concerned about how she had been acting.

"Um... Yeah, I think I am now.  Is the city always this loud?"  She asks, not realizing she was hearing more than this man ever could.

"Oh?  That's the trouble?"  He asks chuckling.  "You must be from the country.  Yeah, it's pretty noisy in the city, even at night.  My name's Todd Ginsey by the way.  What's yours?"

Hearing this didn't make Kara very comfortable, she couldn't even here herself think a moment ago.  It would be like this all of the time?  She then hears the man introduce himself, "I'm...", she hesitates.  All the names she had heard during the overflow of voices earlier were nothing like the ones from back home.  She remembers the names she heard earlier and wanting to fit in and not seem any more suspect comes up with a name, "I'm Linda Lee Danvers."

"Oh, nice to meet you Linda."  The man then looks at his watch.  "Oh no, it's that late already?  It was nice meeting you but I must be off."  The man does a short bow and then leaves.

Seeing how this man acted was strange to her.  So far all she had seen was mostly crime and chaos yet in the middle of it there was a random stranger that was considerate enough to see if she was alright.  It was a lot to think about as she was making the mistake of trying to judge humanity as a whole, not as a group of individuals.

.Preferred roster pic? (No preference, and one will be chosen for you):  The picture is below in spoiler.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Batman4560

Looks great, welcome to the game. I will make sure you're character is placed in the character sheet list. Also I think it is time to add Metropolis and Central City to the game as a posting thread.

belatris

Quote from: Batman4560 on September 04, 2013, 10:10:17 AM
Looks great, welcome to the game. I will make sure you're character is placed in the character sheet list. Also I think it is time to add Metropolis and Central City to the game as a posting thread.
My organization OCD is kicking in and I want to say it might not be a bad idea to go one city per thread :-)

Batman4560

Do you think we have enough players for that many threads?

belatris

Quote from: Batman4560 on September 04, 2013, 10:18:04 AM
Do you think we have enough players for that many threads?

The rule of thumb I was told is 2 threads per player. :-)

Irishfire87

From what I had seen it looked like there were at least enough for a separate Gotham and Star City at least. 

Wajin

Character you wish to portray: Barry Allen / The Flash

Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Hero

Powers and physical attributes:

-   Speed Force Conduit: Barry is a conduit for the extra dimensional force known as the speed force. This connection grants Barry a score of abilities related to speed. Amongst these are the ability to steal momentum and kinetic energy from people, lending his speed to those close to him, the ability to run at near light speed and the ability to vibrate his molecules to the point of becoming intangible. It also grants him increased mental abilities, such as heightened calculative abilities,
-   Forensic Pathology
-   Chemistry
-   Criminology

Origin and backstory (as you see it):

Barry Allen was born on the 19th of March, on a stormy night to Henry and Nora Allen in Fallville, Iowa two weeks late. The Allens had been expecting twins, but Barry’s brother was pronounced stillborn. Barry and his family lived for a few years in Fallville before his father got a job in Central City. The little family moved to Central City and lived a happy life for the next couple of years. Barry as a child had a tendency, like with birth, to be late with everything he did, not just appointments but also in waking up.

This last thing, waking up, would come to be an advantageous, if tragic habit, as one night a criminal broke into his house. His father struggled and in return he and Barry’s mother was killed by the criminal who then escaped. The neighbor called the police and Barry was woken up by his neighbor Mrs. Jenkins who took him out of the house before he could see what had transpired within.
After telling Barry telling what had transpired Mrs. Jenkins vowed to take care of Barry as she had been trying to have children with her husband for years without success. Barry accepted and quickly settled in with the Jenkins couple.

As he grew older Barry got really interested in chemistry and how forensic evidence could help solve crimes. In his time at school Barry got into the chemistry club and honed his skills. Barry was accepted into college on a scholarship after Central City College saw his impressive chemistry skills.
One night, after having thought of an experiment he was doing in the lab, Barry snuck into the lab. The experiments were designed to see how certain liquids behaved when electrified, as such they had set up a right to capture lightning in event of a thunderstorm. It had not rained when Barry left and as such he saw no reason to be extra careful around the experiment. What Barry hadn’t counted on was a freak thunderstorm, one such thunderstorm formed above the college and a huge bolt of lightning shot through the rod and reacted with the liquids, the lightning bounced from liquid to liquid before finally hitting Barry.

When Barry returned to consciousness, he found his entire body vibrating and he felt a weird sensation within him, a need of sorts, it compelled him to run and so Barry did, and found to his surprise that he could move at super speed, easily overtaking people on the highway without them even seeing him as he zoomed past them.

Barry decided to keep these powers a secret for now, while honing them in his spare time. To his surprise, the speed force, a name he had given to the weird energy he could suddenly feel, gave him the knowledge he needed to create a polymer strong enough to let him run without worrying about his clothes tearing apart, from his Barry made a suit. It was only after he finished his education as a forensic investigator that Barry finally got the push he needed. With all the crime Barry saw through his work the young man decided that Central City needed a new hero, a hero like they had once had in Jay Garrick the first Flash, but Central City was ridden with crime once again and they needed a savior…. They needed… The Flash!

The burning question - Why this character?:

The first comic book I ever read was a Flash comic, I can’t remember what issue it was, but it was back in the mid-nineties. Since then I always had a soft spot for the hero in red. Of all the speedsters in the DC multiverse, Barry Allen is my favourite by far.

What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?:

I bring to the RPG a great knowledge of DC comics, having collected Batman, JLA and Flash comics since 1999. I bring a passion for the source material and a love for the characters. I’d be more than happy to help others if they have trouble with some aspect of their character, and I’d love to help drive the plot forward.

Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:

Barry ran along the highway in his new suit, the material was as light as air and seemed to fit to him like a second piece of skin. The suit was red and covered most of Barry’s body save his mouth and eyes. The suit had lines of yellow running over it as well and in the center of his chest sat a single lightning bolt, highlighted by a yellow circle with a white background. Barry was just on a routine run, just honing skills, minding his own business. That was, until he heard a scream for help. Barry picked up speed yet again and ran towards the source of the scream, his sense of justice getting in the way of his sense of secrecy. Slowing down just a bit he arrived at the source of the scream.

A young woman was standing by the street crying “They took my daughter! They took my beautiful Emily!” Barry approached the woman and asked, in a kind and considerate yet stern voice “Tell me what they were driving in” The woman didn’t look up at him, she just kept crying, finally saying “A black van, no plates” He nodded and patted her head “I’ll get your daughter back man” Before she had time to look up at him Barry was already long gone. He ran like he had never run before, searching far and wide for the van until he finally saw it. The van was driving recklessly through the center of Central City, completely disregarding the rest of the drivers.

Barry sped up yet again and groaned “This better work!” He had on occasion by accident taken the momentum of other objects, he had stolen their speed. He had never managed to do it intentionally, but as his adoptive father Mr. Jenkins had said “Barry, there’s a first time for everything” Granted, he had talked about the first morning Barry had woken up with morning wood, but still, it made sense. Barry reached out for the speed force, commanding it to slow the van down, but what Barry hadn’t counted on was how fast the Van would slow down. The van almost came to an instant stop and Barry had to dig his heels into the raod to stop himself from speeding away. He ran back towards the van just as one of the kidnappers exited. Barry figured he was running at 20 miles an hour at the moment, and decided to teach the scum bag a lesson, he fisted his hand and slammed it into the man, throwing him away from the van.

Another man exited, but he was armed, it was just a 9 millimeter, but still, at this range it could kill Barry. That was… if it could hit him. Barry took off without warning and was by the kidnappers side before he could put his finger on the trigger. He smiled at him and said “Now, now, kidnapping young girls isn’t a great career choice” he looked at him, his eyes suddenly turning serious “At least not in my city” He hit the guy and looked to the little girl who was sitting on the seat, looking up at him with awe “Come here sweety, I’ll get you back to your mommy” He said, kneeling down, the girl ran into his arms and Barry moved out of the Van, by now the police had arrived. They were shocked to see the costumed young man exit the vehicle holding the little girl “Sorry officers, I’d love to give a statement, but I gotta get Emily here home to her mommy” he held on to the little girl and started running. He had found that the speed force could protect things and people he carried while running, a fact that surprised him quite a bit.

It wasn’t long before he was standing infront of the woman again, he let Emily down and she rushed to her mother’s arms. The woman looked up at Barry and smiled “Thank you, thank you so much… who… who are you?” Barry smiled and saluted her “I’m The Flash… spread the news… I’m here to stay”

Preferred roster pic? (No preference, and one will be chosen for you):

"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

Wajin

Batman4560

Fetwick

Character you wish to portray: Doctor Destiny/John Dee

Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Villain

-Dream Manipulation

-Mechanical and Scientific Expertise

John Dee was a criminal scientist capable of creating technology far beyond those of the contemporary era; His next attempt at the business was pointed towards the manipulation of dreams. He managed to create a drug designed to alter reality through dreams, though all subjects had burned out while under its influence. He then realized that all that was necessary to counter this was blood-pressure medicine, and used his drug to torture subjects. Wanting things to be easier, he then decided the medicine was not the way to go; instead, he built a series of powerful machines designed to alter reality much like his drug had done; he called these machines Materioptikons; the strongest was a blood-red gemstone, also called Materioptikon.

While he was tremendously successful with his first machine, bringing his dream to torture volunteer soldiers with a world ruled by a fascist, brutal CADMUS. The real CADMUS barely managed to defeat the doubles and destroy the first Materioptikon; however, Destiny then proved able to recreate the stone whenever he wished through his dreams. After being cut out of the program, he fled before being hauled off to jail to continue his experiments.

Why this character?:
I think Doctor Destiny is a fantastic villain who adds a flair of horror the superhero genre. That and he isn't set as a nemesis for the trinity, so it gives one of the lesser heroes someone to square off against. But it also doesn't mean he's some C-rate villain ready to take a pounding. He'll scar the mind of any foe that dares enter his lair.

I think Doctor Destiny is a unique villain who can catch anyone off guard, even the Man of Steel or the Dark Knight. Being the boogeyman of the DC Universe no one is safe from their darkest fears in their own dreams.

Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:

Young Bruce Wayne stood over the fresh graves of his recently deceased parents. Raindrops began to fall from the heavens, as he dropped two roses over the sunken caskets. The undertakers then started to pile on the dirt, as Alfred placed a hand on the grieving young master's shoulder. As they started to walk away, Bruce heard a peculiar noise coming from his father's coffin. He paused and then heard it again. The sound was simply three knocks and nothing more. A saddened Bruce felt something he thought he had once lost; hope. He rushed to the six foot hole and jumped in without a second thought. The gray cloudy skies above turned pitch black as the undertakers continued to pile on the dirt. A distant sound of bats screeching could barely be heard in the background.

"Father?! Is that you?" Bruce shouted with glee.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"I'm getting you out okay?!" he called, using all his might to lift open the top half of the casket. Inside, he found a body lying neatly with his arms crossed in a nice black suit. What struck Bruce as odd though was his father's face was covered by a bloodied veil, obscuring his vision. He cautiously raised his hand to remove the cloth, revealing the hellish face that belonged to Doctor Destiny. Before Bruce could react, Doctor Destiny sprung up and wrapped his hands around the boy's neck.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU SAVE US BATMAN?!" Destiny screamed at a high pitch before it crescendoed to a screech as vampire bats flew out of his mouth and engulfed Bruce with darkness. And then there was nothing.

"That should give the Dark Knight something to think about for a few nights, while I prepare for the real nightmare Gotham's about to experience." Destiny cooed to himself sitting in his recliner.

Fetwick

Character you wish to portray: Aquaman/Orin

Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Hero

-Can breathe underwater
-Superhuman Strength, Durability, and Stamina
-Enhanced abilities underwater such as speed, sight, and reflexes
-Marine Telepathy

Orin was born an heir to the Atlantean Royal Family. His mother Atlanna had been unable to conceive a child with her husband King Trevis, but she was impregnated during a dream by the immortal wizard Atlan. Atlan prophesized the child's future and named him after his ancestor Orin, promising that he would sire another son because two brothers must always struggle for the fate of Atlantis. Aquaman is the telepathic ruler of Atlantis and the Earth's oceans, an Atlantean with incredible strength and speed as well as the ability to command all sea-life. His unique physiology allows him to survive on land and at the ocean's greatest depths of pressure and temperature.

Why this character?:
Aquaman was one of the original founding members of the Justice League. I also happen to think he's cooler than most assume.

I'd like to show that Aquaman isn't some sort of Super Friends pushover stereotype.

Batman4560

Fetwick

My mistake. I quoted the Dr. Destiny post for format reasons and missed that when I was doing the changes. I'll fix it right now!

Batman4560

And with that being fixed. I dare say that our first League member aside from me Playing as well...me. Is Aquaman!

Fetwick

Isn't the Flash already in the game as well. And is the league already established?

Batman4560

Flash is, but his player hasn't posted yet. I imagine you will get a post up as Aqua-man first. No the League is not yet set up.

Fetwick

Alright cool. Because I wanted to make Aqua-Man a threat before an ally. He'll be pissed about the pollution entering into Atlantis. I figure some heroes could stop his rampage and then make an agreement to work towards a better environment.

Batman4560

Pm the heroes you want involved and see if they are busy.

Fetwick

Sorry I didn't see that post in time. But after seeing the direction I want to take Orin, we should probably put him under walking the line rather than a hero. He'll change his mind on the war fairly quickly and Orm will actually pick it up later when he usurps the kingdom from Orin. Then it'll be classic Aquaman vs Ocean Master stuff.

Irishfire87

My character app for my Gotham Character.  In spoiler below.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
.Character you wish to portray: Zatanna/Zatanna Zatara

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: She's a Hero, but a little unethical.

.Powers and physical attributes:

-Magician-  Zatanna is one of the strongest sorceresses in the known world.  Her methods of sorcery are as follows.

-Spoken Sorcery-  Most all of her magic is used by saying the command backwards but keeping the same word order.  So for a vague example Magic Spell would be Cigam lleps.

-Basic Sorcery-  For some of her most basic magic it is not required for her to speak to use it.

-Blood Sorcery-  In extreme cases Zatanna can use her own blood to write out a spell as she would speak it to cast magic.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it):

Zatanna was born the daughter of Giovanni Zatara and Sindella.  Growing up with such parents it was only natural that she ended up taking to the stage.  She began as an illusionist and with her father as a mentor she was quite skilled at that.  One day after a show she learned that her father had disappeared.  This would set things in motion for her to try and find her father no matter the cost.

Whether it was the outburst of emotion during this time period or she was just at the age to learn, it was shortly after her father's disappearance that she started to be able to use her magic.  It did not take long for her to be able to cast powerful spells with relative ease.  She did however find out rather quickly that overusing her abilities in one day to a massive physical toll on her.  After much searching for her father she has been lead here, to Gotham City.  The only thing she knew for certain was that Gotham City had it's fair share of suspects.

Upon arrival into the city she had run into trouble as she had come across a bank robbery.  Of course, when you can just make their weapons vanish into thin air robbers aren't much of a threat now are they?  She managed to detain them long enough for the cops to arrest them.  After renting an apartment in Gotham City she has gotten settled in.  Now it was time to see what she could find out about her father's disappearance, god pity anyone who gets in her path.

.The burning question - Why this character?:  I have a much shallower reason for using this character than most and that is simply that she is a fun character to portray.  There is a lot of give to what I can do with her because of her current goal and her attitude that she will find her father consequences-be-damned.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: I have 6 years of RP experience and am currently an Admin on a beta site that is half forum rp and half D&D not to mention I've been Admin and creator of a few.  I too have a love for superheroes/superheroines and while I don't have as much DC knowledge as I do Marvel, I still have a lot of knowledge of the characters and any that I lack I am willing to learn about.  I am also very excited about this RP as I have never Rped in the setting of any Comic universe before.

.Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:

Zatanna had just settled into her new apartment that she hoped she wouldn't need to rent for very long.  The last lead she had gotten had led her to this city and while it led her to this city it wasn't too helpful.  Think of all of the villains that were said to be in Gotham City.  She locks the door behind her as she exits the apartment.  As she makes her way to the street she hesitates for a second to take in her surroundings.

She then starts down the street.  The first thing she needed to do was just observe how people acted and listen to any clues.  Even a simple hangout place or talk about a seedy part of the city would be helpful.  As she walks she hears a commotion down one of the alleys.  She sticks towards the wall and then whispers Kaolc em

As soon as she finishes saying this the area around her seems to get darker as she blends in with the shadows on the edge of the building.  She slowly sneaks around the corner and into the alleyway.  What she sees is a deal gone bad.  Someone had failed to live up to their end of whatever the bargain had been.  A group of men are beating up a man who looks rather pathetic by now.

Zatanna just watches and doesn't get any information from this.  After a while the thugs seem through with him and leave him there on the brink of consciousness.  After they leave Zatanna steps out of the shadows and walks up to the man who is bleeding profusely on the ground.  Just as she is about to interrogate him he passes out.  Zatanna sighs in disappointment as she checks for a pulse and realizes that the man didn't pass out, the man died.

It would appear as though she would have to find another source of information around the city.  Not that it should be all that hard to do.

.Preferred roster pic? (No preference, and one will be chosen for you):