Another Mortal Kombat....?

Started by Silver, February 21, 2013, 06:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver

While looking around this evening, I happened across a movie trailer for yet another Mortal Kombat movie.

Mortal Kombat Trailer 2013 HD

Do you believe this to be just awesome? Do you think that is has any type of Artistic merit?
Should they have tried to do this movie once again? Do you believe that this movie going to fail/suck? Think upon those questions while watching the trailer or afterwards and discuss. 
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Sasquatch421

It's different to say the least... If this has Ed Boon's approval, could it be that they might and try to reset the series? The fight scene between Cage and Baraka wet my appetite, it was fast, furious and hard hitting. I'll give it a try, but I'm not as hard on game style movies as some are. I loved the first Mortal Kombat, the second wasn't all that great... I wonder if they got Robin Shou to come back as Liu Kang? Though the actor play Jax looks familiar... Michael Jai White?

Remiel

Artistic merit?  Highly doubt it.  Still, from the trailer, I would go see that movie.    It kind of reminded me of Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, with the darker, grittier re-invention of the characters.  As long as the story stuck to that kind of theme and style, and cut out all of the supernatural Otherworld nonsense, I'd go see it.

Silver

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on February 21, 2013, 07:01:46 PM
Though the actor play Jax looks familiar... Michael Jai White?

I was thinking that as well, but it also look like someone else, who's name escapes me at the present moment. IMDB is like no help to me this time around, nothing really out not even the Actors in the movie, which kinda pisses me off a bit. Apparently they have a facebook pages so I will be checking that out later tonight I suppose.

Edit Alright, I watched it again.. yeah it's him... *coughs*
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Shjade

This movie is taking itself waaaay too seriously for the amount of silliness it's pushing in there. Inconsistently, too: why go to the trouble of making up some whackjob plastic surgeon who self-mutilated blades into his arms and then not even have him use them when he fights?

I predict terrible failure.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Silver

I was discussing this with someone while doing a bit more research. I was fooled.. so fooled.. that trailer, was not for the new movie that is suppose to be coming out in 2013/2014 but rather a web series...

I found it on Youtube, all intact and I will be watching it all tonight. There is a second season of the web series that will be released this spring so.. yeah.. *coughs*

My many apologizes..

BlightRaptor

Quote from: Silver on February 21, 2013, 07:43:08 PM
I was discussing this with someone while doing a bit more research. I was fooled.. so fooled.. that trailer, was not for the new movie that is suppose to be coming out in 2013/2014 but rather a web series...

I found it on Youtube, all intact and I will be watching it all tonight. There is a second season of the web series that will be released this spring so.. yeah.. *coughs*

My many apologizes..

It's OK Silver. All these web series are getting more and more professional, which is probably a good thing in the end.

Pokemon Apokelypse Inception Trailer (Short Film Directed by Kial Natale)

Sasquatch421

It happens... They are supposed to be making a new Mortal Kombat though. That's all anyone knows....

Avis habilis

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on February 21, 2013, 07:01:46 PM
Though the actor play Jax looks familiar... Michael Jai White?

Yep. With Jeri Ryan as Sonja Blade, no less.

Things must have been looking mighty bleak until ABC picked up Body of Proof for another season.

Silver

So I watched the whole first season of the web series....

I will say save yourself, if you want to watch it then only watch Episode #6 which is about Raiden. That's it.. stay away from the utter Cheese and 'Whine' of Johnny Cage in Episode #3...

But the trailer for the season season looks a bit better than this first season..

Mortal Kombat Legacy Season 2 Trailer

Chris Brady

The trailer looks cute.  But how's the action?  I mean, it's Mortal Kombat, I'm interested in the Kombat.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Silver

Quote from: Chris Brady on February 22, 2013, 08:34:54 AM
The trailer looks cute.  But how's the action?  I mean, it's Mortal Kombat, I'm interested in the Kombat.

If you are looking for action then I would stay away from the first season, it seemed more about origins than anything else, filled with much cheese and 'whine'.. Like I said tho Episode #6 is all about Raiden, that one I will tell anyone to watch as it's a unique modern twist.... Hmm maybe Episode #9 as well... maybe.. 

Maybe people should watch it for themselves.. I am a bit bias and still pissed off that I was fooled a bit.... (Such a conundrum to be talking about this all night as well as nail polish on Mumble...)