Shards of Magick: A Merry Gentry Series AU - Still accepting - LGBTQ friendly

Started by Kokaine, November 18, 2013, 02:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haloriel

Quote from: AmberStarfire on December 17, 2013, 03:46:54 PM
I'm certainly interested.

Hairyheretic just showed me your game. It's just.. I haven't read the books. Would I need to have read the books first to play in the game?

No, you do not need to have read the books - though there are other sources out there for info, some of them even being folks with approved characters aside from the GM's. 
Presently - we are barring any more former goddesses from character creation.  If you have questions about the kind of characters that exist, what they are like - ask.  However - if you wanted to read the first book, it would help more than hinder, and its not long.

Other things: Sidhe are tall when fully blooded, don't tend to like cold iron ... just like the legends, so to speak.  The goal here is for everyone to enjoy playing what they would like - though it would be nice to get a few more male characters so that we aren't top heavy on ladies.  You can play half breeds, part humans and whatever else.

Something like a Red Cap would be perfectly fine - and even if there is something in play already - like, a Satyr - don't let that discourage you (again unless we get submissions for six of them, which I don't expect to see).

Basically, Caela hit the nail on the head.  Thank you.  ;)

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Haloriel on December 17, 2013, 05:20:51 PM
The goal here is for everyone to enjoy playing what they would like - though it would be nice to get a few more male characters so that we aren't top heavy on ladies.

I see what you did there.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Haloriel

Bloodied Porcelain

I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Emmykins

Haloriel

Kokaine

In terms of the Fae he's likely not weird at all, so run with it! xD
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Crash

I think I'll go with redcap.  Maybe see if bubby wants to tie any background in with her Hag.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Caela

Quote from: Crash on December 17, 2013, 09:58:18 PM
I think I'll go with redcap.  Maybe see if bubby wants to tie any background in with her Hag.

This amuses me to no end. I am re-reading the books just for fun (after reading "The Wheel of Time" series I needed something light and fun) and just got through the scene, near the end, that introduces Jonty, Holly, and Ash and now have all sort of wicked thoughts running through my head that are likely to follow me into sleep since I need to get some rest before the day from hell that we have scheduled at work tomorrow! lol

Crash

What do red caps (goblins) look like in the series?  What powers do they have?  I know what they traditionally have.  Iron like claws, red caps dipped in blood.  They are incredibly fast....I am assuming some glamour too.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Crash

LOL!  Maybe Half-Redcap then.  I want him to function and at least be somewhat attractive!

Haloriel

QuoteA Red Cap or Redcap, also known as a powrie or dunter, is a type of malevolent murderous goblin, elf, or faerie found in British Folklore. They inhabit ruined castles found along the border between England and Scotland. Redcaps are said to murder travelers who stray into their homes and dye their hats with their victims' blood (from which they get their name). Indeed, redcaps must kill regularly, for if the blood staining their hats dries out, they die. Redcaps are very fast in spite of the heavy iron pikes they wield and the iron-shod boots they wear. Outrunning the buck-toothed little demons is quite impossible; the only way to escape one is to quote a passage from the Bible. They lose a tooth on hearing it, which they leave behind.

Found this on a Faeries Mythology site.

QuoteRed Caps
A type of goblin.

Found this on a Merry Gentry Wiki.

The ones that were really prominently mentioned seemed almost grotesque in comparison to the Sidhe - however, Holly and Ash were proof that halfies existed even there.  That's what I have for you without finding my books in whatever box I put them in!  XD

Crash

Thanks Kuje and Hal.  I am going to go Half-Redcap and use Charlie Hunnam as my face claim (with some glamour), more terrifying when he is using powers.  He is coming together nicely.  Should be fun.  I am drawing a lot on folklore since I have never touched the book. 

ElvenKitten

*peeks in* Not read this series but I have a few ideas for a human character

Kokaine

You're more than welcome to submit a human!

Let us know if you need any help fitting them into things.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

ElvenKitten

Just wondering whether humans in this setting have access to magic of any kind.

Kokaine

Any human with magic--whether seasoned practitioner or someone with raw untapped talent--will have at least one fey ancestor. Obviously the more recent the ancestor is the more raw power I'd be willing to allow for and things like traditions, disciplines, and just plain practice will be a factor as well.

My O/Os

Kokaine

The game will be kicking off after the 1st but recruitment will remain open :)

My O/Os

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Kokaine on December 27, 2013, 09:32:53 AM
The game will be kicking off after the 1st but recruitment will remain open :)
YAY! I so need to get a character done. Need to figure out what I want to make first :P
“Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time."

|

Nadir

I hope we get some more none-het male characters. I have a male character who is open-opportunities between the sheets, but his horizontal dance card is pretty empty, and is especially so when it comes to the D ::)

Kokaine

Still accepting characters!

Don't hesitate to PM the GMs if you have questions!

My O/Os