Shards of Magick: A Merry Gentry Series AU - Still accepting - LGBTQ friendly

Started by Kokaine, November 18, 2013, 02:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kokaine

Shards of Magick
A Merry Gentry Series AU

If one were to seek out the gates of Faerie in America, provided there was someone inclined to be helpful, they would most assuredly be pointed to Cahokia, Illinois and the mounds that lay there. And this would not be wrong. Should they proceed to seek out information they might be told of those who live there, at least in a broad sense, and they would learn of the blinding beauty of the light fey, the Seelie, and warned to watch out for the seductive allure of the dark Unseelie. Whispers of pleasures and horrors would surface and perhaps a yearning to see with one's own eyes would grow despite the fact that to truly know faerie is to forever want to be possessed by it.

All of this is well and good, and certainly there will be myths and rumors woven in from which one might have to parse the truth, but the truth shall be there nonetheless. However, if one were to ask the right questions of the right individuals they might too learn that there is another gate, one much older in the South that is overlooked by most and seemingly forgotten by time itself. They might hear whispers of fey, of Sidhe, who did not classify themselves as one or the other--light or dark, Seelie or Unseelie—but rather view their kind as one people as they had been before. With enough digging, searching, and seeking—or perhaps just a little luck--they might even hear of long lost tales of a beautiful glass castle where there is eternal youth and feasts of plenty. A place even more beautiful than that of the glittering ones and one more darkly seductive than that darkling throng. A place of both light and shadow left to flicker and dance as it willed in a landscape of unbreakable Glass...

When the Fey first came to America, they were forced to give up their most deadly magicks. As a way to try and preserve that magick it was all poured into one form: the Nameless – a being made of pure magick that could travel unseen through space and time. Those of the Glass Court were not forced to foolishly surrender their magick as their King could see nothing good coming from such an act and indeed his foresight proved to be correct as the Seelie and Unseelie became... less.

The courts of light and dark began to fade while the Glass court continued to thrive--at first quietly, then gradually more visibly as King Arawn surfaced. Needless to say there are those who were less than pleased to know they had been forced to give up a piece of themselves while others were not and the fall out has been somewhat unpredictable. As one who believes the Seelie and Unseelie should be but one: the Sidhe, King Arawn has welcomed those who wish to put such foolish notions aside and join his court though this has angered both Queen Andais and King Taranis. Especially since those of the Glass Court, those who are tied to the King and Queen and therefore to the court itself, remain fertile.

The Fey are forbidden to war on American soil lest they end up exiled from one of the last countries who will accept them, but that does not stop them from quietly feuding among the shadows. Now, a young woman of the Glass court--a consort of the King to be exact--has been found slain, and another has disappeared, something Arawn cannot simply brush aside or ignore.

What this game is: This is a free-form role-playing game based around the Fey in modern day America based upon Laurell K. Hamilton's Merry Gentry Universe. Feel free to take part in the broader story arc and/or make your own side plots. Be creative and have fun.

An F.A.Q. and write up on the laws of the 'verse are to come for those who may not have read the books or who need a refresher. In the meantime please do not hesitate to simply ask questions here or PM both Kokaine and Haloriel.

What this game is not: Canon. The game may make use of canon events or characters to help shape the world to some degree but such elements will be GM controlled. The point of this game is to make our own story, not to simply retell LKH's. Please respect this.

Rules and Guidelines
~Adhere to all Elliquiy rules!
~Shouldn't need to be said but... No god-modding. Just don't do it.
~We are all adults here, disagreements may occur but please conduct yourself in accordance with your age and general standards of civility. Respect your fellow players and take any issues to PM to work it out. If needed you may include the GMs but once a ruling is made, that's it.
~This game will be placed in the Exotic Non-Con section. However, players are NOT required to participate in non-consensual activity. Any non-con activities MUST be approved by the players involved. Anyone who violates this rule will be dropped from the game.
~Please respect player/character ons and offs.
~No Canon characters. You are welcome to share lineage with a canon character, provided it makes sense, but they are not to appear 'on screen'. You may also use one as a template of sorts for your own character but no carbon copies please! The canon characters do technically still exist in this universe and they might be surprised to find they randomly have a long lost twin/doppelganger.
~Do not try and create an ultimate character of unlimited power – you WILL be sent back to the drawing board. As such:
  • All hands of power need to be approved.
    • If you wish for your character to gain a power during play it is best if you include it on your sheet from the start. Requests made later in the game can be turned down and any posts with random abilities being used will be nullified.
      • All special weapons need to be approved.
      ~PvP is fine provided both parties wish to engage.
      ~No PC deaths without player approval – please make sure the GMs are aware as well.
      ~Your character must be at least half Sidhe to glow during coitus.
      ~No magic vaginas! Feel free to indulge in all the sexiness you want but no PC will be wandering around to hump other PCs into power. Just no. The King and/or Queen are available to help bring PCs into power through the Rite of Passage. This is for any character that may have just come of age, that may wish to pledge their allegiance and officially join the Glass Court, or for those who have been approved for a power jump and wish to go this route. No other characters should be attempting to do this without approval.
      ~Side/personal plots are very welcome but please let the GMs know if such events will have repercussion outside of just the involved characters as these things should be accounted for.
      ~These rules are subject to change at the GMs' discretion

Character Sheets
      ~Players will be allowed ONE character to start with.
      ~Playable Races: This is Faerie, so pretty much any creature of myth and legend that is based in magick of some sort can be worked with. However, while characters may be hard to kill, they will NOT be all powerful. For the sake of keeping things simple, no outright vampires or were-creatures please.
      ~Please PM all questions and sheets to Kokaine and Haloriel. You may post sheets here for feedback from other players or what not but it will only be considered for actual approval via PM.
      ~Be creative! This is your character, make someone you will have fun with. Do not worry about what you think the game 'needs' or try to be diverse for the sake of diversity itself. Play what YOU want to play.
      ~Keep in mind there are consequences for IC actions. If you make a character whose sole purpose in life is running around carving people up like a serial killer... well, you may find your character in hot water sooner rather than later >.>
      ~Have fun!

Updates!
      ~As of now we are no longer accepting former goddesses. Sidhe are pretty damn powerful anyway without having been worshiped.
      ~Seers, Oracles, and future telling types will not be permitted. That just gets messy.
      ~Characters MUST have a True Name and Age on their sheets to be accepted. It is fine if the character does not remember exactly how old they are but it should still be noted on the sheet. True Names are held by the King of the Glass Court so those should be known. If your character is human or relatively young it is entirely possible that they simply use their True Name as their everyday name but that should be noted as well.

Character Sheet
      Character images must be real life faces or very well done art please. No Anime! It is okay if the face is not exact, you'll have a chance to describe what other fey qualities they may have.
      Full Name : Character name including any official titles and nicknames.
      True name : If applicable. State whether known or unknown.
      Sex : What sort of sexy bits do they have? Not necessarily indicative of what gender they identify as.
      Marital Status : Single? Engaged? Married? Divorced? Remember that Sidhe may not marry if they have not reproduced.

Court : To whom does your character owe allegiance? Glass, Seelie, Unseelie, None, Other...
      Species : Human? Sidhe? Lesser Fey? Goblin? Half-breeds and the like are welcome.
      Powers/Magical Affinity : We are all adults--no all powerful beings please. Your character might well have once been worshiped as a god/deity but they are not so any longer. Sidhe may have hands of power (within reason and subject to GM approval) in addition to glamour.
      Weapon(s) :
      Occupation/Position : What does your character do for a living?

Height : How tall is your character?
      Weight / Body type : Be as descriptive as you like.
      Hair : Color? Style?
      Skin : Color? Texture? Whatever is appropriate for your character.
      Eyes : Color(s).
      Distinguishing Features : Any tattoos, piercings, scars, etc.
      Anything else? If your character has an alternate form, or you want to describe what they look like when their power is upon them, or if they have a specific glamor they favor when out and about with the humans this is the place to describe it.

Personality : What is your character like? Tell us!

Dislikes : Non-Sexual.
      Fears : Just what it says.

History : What is your character's history up to this point in their lives? We don't need to know every little thing but at least 2-3 good paragraphs pointing out the highlights please.

Sexuality : For no other reason than to be clear for those who may be interested.
      Sexual On's : You know what these are. A link to your O/Os is acceptable if the ons match up.
      Sexual Off's : Your hard-limits. A link to your O/Os is acceptable if the offs match up.

Player : Your Elliquiy username, feel free to link to your profile.

[float=right][img height=350 padding=10]**put link here**[/img][/float] [i]Character images must be real life faces or very well done art please. No Anime! It is okay if the face is not exact, you'll have a chance to describe what other fey qualities they may have.[/i]
      [b]Full Name :[/b] [i]Character name including any official titles and nicknames.[/i]
      [b]True name :[/b] [i]If applicable. State whether known or unknown.[/i]
      [b]Age :[/b] [i]Just what it says.[/i]
      [b]Sex :[/b] [i]What sort of sexy bits do they have? Not necessarily indicative of what gender they identify as.[/i]
      [b]Marital Status :[/b] [i]Single? Engaged? Married? Divorced? Remember that Sidhe may not marry if they have not reproduced.[/i]

[b]Court :[/b] [i]To whom does your character owe allegiance? Glass, Seelie, Unseelie, None, Other... [/i]
      [b]Species :[/b] [i]Human? Sidhe? Lesser Fey? Goblin? Half-breeds and the like are welcome.[/i]
      [b]Powers/Magical Affinity :[/b] [i]We are all adults--no all powerful beings please. Your character might well have once been worshiped as a god/deity but they are not so any longer. Sidhe may have hands of power (within reason and subject to GM approval) in addition to glamour.[/i]
      [b]Weapon(s) :[/b]
      [b]Occupation/Position :[/b] [i]What does your character do for a living?[/i]

[b]Height :[/b] [i]How tall is your character?[/i]
      [b]Weight / Body type :[/b] [i]Be as descriptive as you like.[/i]
      [b]Hair :[/b] [i]Color? Style? [/i]
      [b]Skin :[/b] [i]Color? Texture? Whatever is appropriate for your character.[/i]
      [b]Eyes :[/b] [i]Color(s).[/i]
      [b]Distinguishing Features :[/b] [i]Any tattoos, piercings, scars, etc. [/i]
      [b]Anything else?[/b] [i]If your character has an alternate form, or you want to describe what they look like when their power is upon them, or if they have a specific glamour they favor when out and about with the humans this is the place to describe it.[/i]

[b]Personality :[/b] [i]What is your character like? Tell us![/i]

[b]Likes :[/b] [i]Non-Sexual.[/i]
      [b]Dislikes :[/b] [i]Non-Sexual.[/i]
      [b]Fears :[/b] [i]Just what it says.[/i]

[b]History :[/b] [i]What is your character's history up to this point in their lives? We don't need to know every little thing but at least 2-3 good paragraphs pointing out the highlights please.[/i]

[b]Sexuality :[/b] [i]For no other reason than to be clear for those who may be interested.[/i]
      [b]Sexual On's :[/b] [i] You know what these are. A link to your O/Os is acceptable if the ons match up.[/i]
      [b]Sexual Off's :[/b] [i]Your hard-limits. A link to your O/Os is acceptable if the offs match up.[/i]

[b]Played By :[/b] [i]Your Elliquiy username, feel free to link to your profile.[/i]

Examples

King Arawn
      Full Name : King Arawn, King of Death and Stone, Ruler of the Glass Court
      True name : He was once worshiped as Gwyn ap Nudd, Lord of Annwn, King of the Fair Folk. He was also worshiped as the Winter King / the Autumn Lord, and even as a Spectre of Death itself. This would only be known by his Queen and a very small few as he does not speak of such things, though it is easy to speculate.
      Sex : Male
      Marital Status : Mated to his Queen consort, but polyamorous.

Court : The Glass Court
      Species : Sidhe
      Powers/Magical Affinity : Like most who know what it is to be worshiped, the King has lost some of his stronger magics. He can no longer cross the veil into the Otherworld, he can no longer round up the spirits of the dead and transport them as a psycho-pomp, and he can no longer call upon the wild hunt as its Chieftain.

However, Arawn is still a King and the lord of death and stone. His power is derived from the very Earth itself and the cycle of rebirth. With the hand of stone he can feel blood spilled on stone (the earth and even any not overly refined materials from the earth) and know what caused it, as well as locate whoever the source of that spilled blood is. He can 'read' the stones in an area and get a sense of important events that may have happened there (not exact, the clearer it comes in, the worse it likely was). With the hand of death he can feel deaths nearby that call to his former power to pass souls into the Otherworld and ease their passing or slow it, he can see and speak to ghosts, and though he cannot create life, he can take it--presumably to facilitate the cycle of rebirth--even from immortal beings, and redirect it from one source to another (if weakened enough this may cause an immortal to fade).

His most feared power though is the ability to trap souls and prevent them from passing on into the Otherworld, effectively stopping the cycle. There is an extremely high cost for such an action though, but that is not something that is widely known.

Rumored to be a great warrior, the King is capable of falling into a 'berserker rage' if the right conditions are met. It is dangerous as only one has proven capable of bringing him out of such a state before it has run its course and the rage is capable of spreading to others. Thankfully he's not had cause to give in to such a state since the Goblin wars.

Arawn has lost power like all Fae of the modern age, however, there are those who believe in the Winter King and celebrate Beltane, as well as worship Death itself, so he has access to more power than some may realize. He also has the power granted to him as King of the Glass Court.

Weapon(s) : The King has no special weapon of his own, however, he may extend his hand of power (death) to any weapon he wields provided he is touching it directly.

For reasons unknown to King Arawn, he is able to wield his Queen's weapons though with his touch the delicate and beautiful pieces become alternate versions of themselves. Her staff, Sunset, becomes a scythe known as Death that has the power to end a life of a Fae only when he or she has earned their fate and have been so marked by the King's Justice. The Queen's sword, Dawn, becomes a great sword known as Dusk that has the power to create a never ending wound that will heal only to be inflicted all over again unless the process is ceased by the combined touch of the King and Queen. Arawn is generally slow to reach for his Queen's weapons both out of respect for her and their intended purpose, but there are times when such measures are deemed necessary.

Occupation/Position : He is King of his realm and has a very diverse portfolio in the human world for financial reasons though he holds no specific human guise.

Height : 6'6"
      Weight / Body type : The king is well muscled and has the build of a warrior. He is heavy and not easily moved but still retains both the agility and flexibility of a slimmer male.
      Hair : His hair is brown, yet it is so much more. The strands are a blend of shades from the darkest brown of rich, moist earth, to the various hues of autumn leaves, to a bright gold of the mineral itself. It all combines to form a living ankle length tapestry that shimmers with its own inner flame in the light. **There was once a time when his hair would mark the changing of the seasons, shifting from those rich browns to a blend of whites and greys when the time of winter had come and his power was most potent. As he has diminished in power, this no longer occurs.
      Skin : A deep honey brown that in previous times would deepen to the darkest of browns even as his hair whitened. It was how he came to be described has having a blackened face in ages past.
      Eyes : He has tricolored irises. The outermost ring is a vibrant pale green that reminds of fresh life, the center ring is the yellow of dying autumn leaves, and the innermost ring is a brown to match that of the dead leaves of winter.
      Distinguishing Features : He has a scar that begins above his left eyebrow and ends about an inch or so below. It was earned long ago when he fought for the female who was to become his Queen. He does not bother to use glamor to hide his scar, but wears it proudly. After all, he got his prize so he feels no shame.
      Anything else? The King's personal glamour is strong, even in the face of another magic user. His true form is devoid of most body hair but the times when he attempts to look more human he likes the rugged appearance of facial hair. His personal scent is that of rich chocolate with undercurrents of dark spices, although in times past, when those who were ready to be carried into the Otherworld were asked what death smelled like, the answers were always different.

Personality : King Arawn is a fearsome figure. With the amount of blood that stains his hands he could never be considered benevolent and unlike another he does not even play at being such. While he tries not to strike purely out of anger, he is capable of great cruelty and is not above torture. However, the difference between him and others is that there is no enjoyment in it. He does not get off on the suffering of others in the way that a true sadist would. He does what he feels he must for the protection of himself, his family, and his people, and is not easily driven to second guessing himself or his actions. As far as Kings go he is rather straight forward--as much as a King can be anyhow. He rules because the land answers to him, because he is both effective and truly cares for those he claims as his, and because his lineage gives him the power and the will to do so.

As one who remembers what is was to be worshiped as a god, Arawn is prone to arrogance. He is possessive over anything claimed as his and challenges are not tolerated--or rather the challenger will be forced to stand by their challenge. The King has obviously never lost a duel. Modesty is not a concept he is familiar with though he is not prone to boasting either. He can be incredibly stubborn which can sometimes exasperate others when coupled with his rather notable patience.

Still, despite his seemingly hard demeanor, the King is still very much a sensual creature and is possessed of his own sort of charm and wit. He is a bit of a ladies man in the right context and though he has taken other lovers for the sake of continuing his lineage, his Queen truly does come before all others. If someone was looking for a softer side to the King they would find it rests with her and with children--particularly his own but the King is fond of almost all youth. There was a time, when he was still able, that he himself would carry his children into the Otherworld personally and after returning alone, would mourn for weeks afterward. He has been known to react rather harshly toward those who seek to harm youth of their court, and neglectful parents often find themselves falling out of favor. Those who care for the young in any capacity are held in the highest regard by the King.

Likes : Strategy games--in addition to Fae games he's a big fan of Risk and will often force his guard to play with him, the autumn and winter months, storms, carving (wood and stone), children, dogs, hearing his Queen laugh, hunting, chocolate, quiet, listening to others sing, and on rare occasions when he is above ground he likes to watch movies with popcorn and candy and those disgusting but delicious movie hot dogs.
      Dislikes : Humanity as a whole as their technology and drive to consume interferes with the cycle of things though he is also somewhat fascinated by them, Christianity, being touched without invitation (he will take it as an insult), any insult to his Queen, her displeasure, being outside of the mound for too long, guns--so cowardly, modern wars, those who do not cherish their young, Seelie and Unseelie politics surfacing in his realm.
      Fears : That he will never find a way back to the Otherworld--even if he chose to fade. He truly fears ending up like the Starvin' Ones. The loss of his Queen.

History : King Arawn's history is long and most parts of it are better left forgotten if he is cursed to never reclaim all that was lost. What is most important to know is that centuries before the Fae were exiled from Europe, Arawn, his Queen, and their children, crossed the ocean to settle in the lands that became known as America along with those who chose willingly to follow him. While he cannot necessarily claim to have been the first to seek a home in these lands he can say that he was successful in his aims. The land seemed to embrace him, and finding a well of wild magicks in the south of the country, Arawn was able to tap into them and call forth a mound worthy of calling home.

It began small, but as his needs grew, so too did the mound. Answering some unvoiced need his court saw fit to shape itself to mimic the beauty of his former Kingdom on Glastonbury Tor, although not many will recognize this as few have stepped beyond the veil and returned to the mortal realm. The Glass court holds both sparkling beauty and terrifying nightmares, seeming to be almost an entire world unto itself, a place where even the rules of Faerie can seem... off.

No one is quite sure why outwardly the court seemed to go quiet. The King did not go to sleep, not truly, but he did withdraw from the human world as his power continued to diminish with the rise of Christianity and its spread into the New World. Time passes different in Faerie and after a while the entrance to the mound became a forgotten thing. The Glass court became more rumor or legend than fact and until the rest of Faerie found its way to America he was content to let it be so. In fact, even with the arrival of others he was not tempted to set foot outside. He had little interest in pandering to the human public and he had nothing to say to his foolish kin as they gave up so much of themselves to form the Nameless--a decision he knew they would come to regret.

Now, Arawn's court has seemingly reawakened. As more of his kind began to diminish and true madness began to seep throughout the other courts, he found it necessary to step forward to try and offer balance lest the whole cycle be thrown off. He is cautious in what he does, but he cannot idly sit by and allow so many to dwindle and fade away in anguish if he can help it. The humans love it, the emergence of another Sidhe royal seems to feed the tabloids and they are filled with alleged sightings of King Arawn making visits to this place or that. However, his resurgence has not been welcomed by all and Arawn must prepare to protect his court from those that would seek to claim its magicks for their own.

Sexuality : Heteroflexible -- that is the King is not truly a lover of men and will not seek out homosexual encounters but there are times he may be inclined to participate in M/F/M situations. Sexual contact with another male does not bother him.
      Sexual On's : Long Hair, **breasts** (yes, he really can spend quite a lot of time here), **using his mouth** (just about anywhere), size difference, light restraints (using them on his partner), teasing (to a point), intelligence, foreplay, touching/petting, marks of passion (scratching/biting/etc), bold women (yes, feel free and try to manipulate him, just don't complain if you are caught), rough/angry/passionate sex, performing sexual acts whenever the mood strikes (yes, that could mean with an audience), watching his lover get off (by his hand, their own, or sometimes even another's), intimate positions (as opposed to porn style moves and craziness), hearing his lover's pleasure (moans, groans, screams and all that, especially if they are trying not to make any noise), cum marking, he is also open to a lot of kinks if it will help get his partner off (just ask if unsure).
      Sexual Off's : Excessive pain, torture, mutilation does nothing for him sexually. Children, animals, feet, bathroom play, and dead things are also no-nos.

Played By : Kokaine

Queen Creiddylad

Full Name : Queen Creiddylad, Lady of Summer and Beauty, Queen-Consort of the Glass Court; Queen Cordeilla (lesser name)
      True name : Creiddylad (known), Ainé (unknown except by her King/close blooded kin)
      Sex : Female.
      Marital Status : Mated to King Arawn; polyamorous with limits.

Court : Glass Court.
      Species : Sidhe.
      Powers/Magical Affinity : While it is much less known and often spoken only in whispers by the very brave, or stupid, Creiddylad is also the goddess Ainé, known in unwritten legend to be the purveyor of love, summer, fertility, sovereignty and of course, beauty.  While once she could command the very earth to give up its bounty on command, over time she has lost much of her power - but far from all of it.  Now her influence rests only in her own kind and the rare human that believes in what they are able to see before them.  Power is power, however.  The Queen has two hands of power - one revolving around healing and the easing of suffering, removal of and and all diseases/poisons known to mankind with the exception of curses.  The second is that of the blessing of fertility, and the easing of all things revolving around childbirth; the livening of growing plants whether they are wild or tied to the harvest.  Both of these as known can be turned in reverse, with a price depending on the difficulty of the power in question.
      Weapon(s): A staff that renews growing things called Sunset; King Arawn is able to use his Queen's weapons with impunity for reasons publicly unknown, and when he chooses to, it turns to a dusk wooded scythe commonly just referred to as Death out of respect and no small bit of fear as it has the power to end a life of a Fae only when he or she earned their fate and have been so marked by the King's Justice.  Secondly, the Queen has a sword that can reverse any near-fatal wound only if the recipient is loyal and worthy called Dawn; when her husband takes the delicate sword it transforms into a great sword that has the power to create and simultaneously heal a never ending wound unless the process is ceased by the combined touch of the King and Queen, at which point the weapon is referred to as Dusk. While the King rarely takes up the Queen's weapons, there is the occasional moment that calls for such a gesture.

Occupation/Position : She is the Queen-Consort of the Glass Court.  All other women are beneath her status, though of course not unvalued.  While in the human world, her favourite guise is that of a nurse, or a physician of some sort, though she has other faces.

Height : 5'11"
      Weight / Body type : Creiddylad, or Cordeilla is not a terribly slender woman, being curvy like the bounty of her power, yet for a woman is reasonably tall.  She would never be referred to as thin.
      Hair : Her true colour is a blend of all of the browns in existence; while glamour is in use her hair is a simple brunette.
      Eyes : Tri-coloured: Summer Sky Blue for the outer ring, Warm Green for the centre, and a Rich Gold for the inner with specs of silver throughout; simply blue with glamour.
      Distinguishing Features : Unmarked save by a intricate blood red and black tattooing that combines her sigil and her Kings of flowers through every stage of life in a subtle fashion.  It serves also as a ward against more dangerous magics that might harm her - turning the power back on the caster.
      Anything else? Creiddylad's true form is nothing short of perfection as expected as a woman that was once a full goddess of love, fertility and the bounty of midsummer.  Her sensuality is much more pronounced yet subtle at the same time, while her tricoloured eyes represent various parts of the fertile earth; blue for the sea, green for the earth, and gold for the light of the sun, while the silver traces through her gaze speak to the hints of her godhood that she yet retains in a very weakened state.  Her skin is a warm, golden brown that glows brilliantly and almost like a small sun when her power is upon her, while her multicolored hair flows in waves to her feet.  Her scent is like baking things, sunlight that is endless in its sweetness, and the dark, deep wild places of forests that even humans find themselves afraid or reluctant to enter.

Personality : On the whole - the Queen is kind and compassionate, at least, for one of the royal Sidhe, especially.  Having a rather warm personality that is loving and loyal, she does have a slight temper, but nothing at all close to her husband and of the royal pair she is considered the merciful one.  Those that are clear in their desires manage more from her than those that are difficult to read.  Being a royal mother to their kind is her most important mission and place held, and she takes the status very seriously.  Tenderness and gentility as well as an ability to remain somewhat calm and polite even when in a full on rage tends to be her trademark.  Most notably, and the best single consideration for her and her King's subjects is the fact that she is quite sane.  Those bound by blood to her often see a soft, sweeter side of the royal lady.

Her general presence is a warm, and passionate one akin to the sweetest summer honey, but one cannot forget that even in the bright summer sky that storms can and will occur.  She tolerates King Arawn's few chosen lovers usually with grace - though has no issues crushing those that step beyond their place.  Queen Creiddylad is known to adore children and young Sidhe, even those that are not of her bloodline.  By contrast, she occasional allows herself to stray with sensual intent toward others yet only, and only with the permission and approval of her king for Regnal purposes.  In short, if he doesn't like you - best of luck there.

Creiddylad is arrogant in her own way, though she takes great pains to generally avoid speaking sharply to the King in public - as this could be a particular hazard, however is prone to the occasional humorous stunt to make a point.

Likes : Watching her King play, book learning, growing things, knowledge, lovers, kind people, loyalty, children, babies, sensuality, fine foods, beauty in anything, music, art, creativity for the sake of itself, respectful humans, justice, a ridiculous love of fruit.
      Dislikes : Wasteful humans, decay, sadness, irrational anger, traitors, abusers, cruelty without reason, senseless death, dishonour.
      Fears : The loss of her king or further power, death of the Glass Court.

History : Having been worshipped as a goddess (and even with a tiny following that still exists), Creiddylad has lived in each circle of her life with a modicum of grace and elegance, two things she finds important even in private and not just a public face.  She is ancient, and easily predates written human history, having come from a time when all their kind knew was the care of small villages and the eternal worship of those like her.  Much of what is known about the former goddess would be better off gathered from her own mouth, if one is so inclined to bravery or foolishness.  Otherwise - when her kind departed Europe, she went with her King and their children to America - or rather, what it would become instead of finding other shores to sojourn upon.

When her King called forth power to create the mound that would eventually become the Glass Court, she blessed it with her power of life and fertility, giving up a fair portion of what remained of her godhood to keep it safe and more importantly, mingled with her beloved's power to hide it from any that would seek to harm them.  Like Arawn, she sees the other fae that choose to divide themselves as complete fools, especially in the matter of the power laden Nameless - which was a bad idea entirely yet still gone along with by those that called themselves erroneously Seelie and Unseelie - as if they were not all one and the same, both dark and light and in between.

Yet - while Arawn withdrew from the mortal world, Creiddylad did not - keeping tabs and ties while she continued to learn and understand the humans, which had at times been both ally and enemy.  To learn of them, in her mind was to as well keep her own kind safe and whole, while as well spending her time keeping an untrusting eye on both the Seelie and Unseelie courts, both of which had eventually come to an unsurprising point.  Her view on humans is not quite as cold and clear as her King's - yet some say that is to be expected due her place as one that was beloved of them for thousands of years, and to a point - that consideration would be correct. She views them like half formed children that are missing some essential part of themselves; thus, half blooded Sidhe are an improvement of the human imperfections.  It is for that reason that half blooded and other partially mortal folk are welcomed and especially protected by the Queen's own hand should they prove loyal.

With the reawakening of her Court, she is curious and intrigued by the present age while cautious yet of those outside her influence.

Sexuality : Heteroflexible; has mostly an interest in men. Procreation is what matters most and drives the sexuality of the character, but women are permitted when especially shared with her King.
      Sexual On's : Tenderness, Affection during and after coitus, breast play [drives her crazy], rough/angry sex [occasionally], oral sex [no roughness], are just a few character appreciations.  For the player - click here.
      Sexual Off's : Unnecessary roughness, violence for the sake of itself during sex, cervical penetration and other unrealistic sexual acts, maiming, watersports/bathroom play, death, non realistic genital size.  For the player - click here.

Played By : Haloriel.

F.A.Q - W.I.P

Setting
      Character Creation
      Miscellaneous

Game Links
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

RampantDesires

*raises hand* So much yes please make this happen :)

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Haloriel

Yes, of course I have interest!  Will keep an eye peeled :)

Muse

Oh, wow! 

I absolutely loved A Kiss of Shadows!  A story like this would be awesome.  (And the company is great too!) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Cold Heritage

I'm tentatively interested, although I'm six books behind on being up to date with the Anita Blake series and I'm not sure how many for the Merry Gentry series.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Cerigo

A fey story in the Gentryverse.... Oh yes please.
Selectively Seeking New Stories
"It is not enough to conquer; one must know how to seduce."  Voltaire

On and Offs
Ideas

Haloriel

There are a total of eight books for the series, with the most recent published in Dec. 2009.  Supposedly a ninth in the works with a tentative date of Summer 2014.

No idea what Kokaine is working from - but here is the list:

A Kiss of Shadows (2000)
A Caress of Twilight (2002)
Seduced by Moonlight (2004)
A Stroke of Midnight (2005)
Mistral's Kiss (2006)
A Lick of Frost (2007)
Swallowing Darkness (2008)
Divine Misdemeanors (Dec 2009)

Kokaine

Yay! People xD
Hopefully we can draw in a couple more and I'll consider this a go! I'm super glad to see we have some male interest as well.

With regard to the books, I think if you've read at least the first book you should be fine. I'm not going to be relying too much on the actual events in the series if I can help it. We're just borrowing the world to play in for a bit because frankly I don't think I could do justice to any of the canon characters for anything extended.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Callie Del Noire

Hmm. Tempted but my hamster wheel mind goes back to only one Fae for a game like this and she's been played.. And sadly that game is dead.

Kuje

It's been awhile since I've been in a group game, so I'll throw my interest into this.

HairyHeretic

I'd be interested, but I think trying to combine the Merryverse with the Anitaverse one is a bit iffy. IIRC there are fae in both, but the ones in the Anitaverse are very different to the Merryverse ones.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

kylie

Tentatively interested. 

There are some things that might be amusing to tie in, like wherever would vampires fit in with or alongside the fae...  I suppose it depends how important the tie in is supposed to be, or whether these would mean characters crossing the boundaries much...  Or more of a plot tie-in behind the scenes.  If the vampires and fae came face to face, it might be rather high-powered stuff.  I'd guess the sidhe nobles could handle it if they were well informed and prepared (always a big IF in Hamilton's works), but it would be a different story than if most creatures -- the more powerful ones anyway -- stayed on their own side of the 'boundary' and the relationships were more off-screen or indirect.

Having speculated that much...  Personally, I don't have a strong feeling about tie-ins right now.  I'd probably be fine without them.  They do seem to add another level of complication...  Hmm.  With them I suppose could go any which way (not necessarily bad, just really depends).

Esmeralgirl

If a slot is available can I ask for a place in the group ? It's my first day here and I wants to do a group role play too much...

Haloriel

If its the Gentry Verse, its a Fae/Human game, which I'd prefer.

Kokaine

It will be Gentryverse, I can't handle overly complicated just now :P

Quote from: Esmeralgirl on November 20, 2013, 12:08:30 PM
If a slot is available can I ask for a place in the group ? It's my first day here and I wants to do a group role play too much...

I will not be limiting spots once I get things up so you'll be more than welcome to submit a character.

Hoping to have a bit of info and character sheet up this weekend... along with possibly attempting to coax someone into Co-GMing with me ::)

My O/Os

Haloriel

Yay!  That's a relief lol.  I couldn't even begin to try and combine those two worlds.

Esmeralgirl

Quote from: Kokaine on November 20, 2013, 05:00:19 PM

I will not be limiting spots once I get things up so you'll be more than welcome to submit a character.

Hoping to have a bit of info and character sheet up this weekend... along with possibly attempting to coax someone into Co-GMing with me ::)

Thanks I'm looking forward for it :)

SomethingWycked

And I'll be rereading these books for inspiration :)
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none.

The Emperor protects... 66% of the time.

SomethingWycked

Also, the next book, A Shiver of Light, has a release date of June 3rd, 2014. I saw it up for pre-order on Amazon.
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none.

The Emperor protects... 66% of the time.

kylie

I'm still curious.   Any further news on this?

Caela

~raises hand~ Me me me! Count me in! I love these books!

Kokaine

Apologies for the delay. To those of you still interested I know I've been slow with this. Holiday hours are killer at work.
I'm gonna make a concentrated effort to get the ball rolling though as this idea has been bouncing around in my head for some time now.
Haloriel graciously agreed to be my Co-GM so there really is no excuse why this shouldn't get moving soon.

My O/Os

Muse

*Smiles* This gets more exciting all the time. 

I'll have to interview the ladies about thier kinks and frets before I build a character.  This world can get very exotic. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Bloodied Porcelain

Color me interested, Ko :) I haven't read the books in forever and gave up on reading them after a while when it turned in to Mary's Vagina Miracles, but I always loved the setting and thought so much more could be done with it story telling wise.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.