City of Magic

Started by lollipop, September 03, 2009, 03:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lollipop

Sarai

Excitement bubbled through Sarai. She was almost giddy as she walked the final few miles down the road to the great city. It had been days since she’d left her small village, days since she’d hugged and kissed her parents and younger sister before setting out. None of them were happy about her leaving, but it was something she was determined to do. They had all helped to prepare her, even though the were saddened to see her go. Her mother had packed up as many baked breads and cheeses as Sarai could carry. Her little sister had sewn a cloak for her in a hue that reminded her of autumn leaves. And her father had even given her a few gold pieces to take with her. The gold had meant a lot, as her parents had very little money. All of it she cherished, each small thing they did for her helped make her journey bearable.

Her grandmother had been a great mage. During her time, she’d worked for the king as a healer. When the old king passed and his brother Rius took over the kingdom, all people of magic were forced into hiding, spell books were burned, and battle mages murdered in their sleep. The old king was afraid of magic, for reasons unknown to Sarai. Grandmother had told her of it once, but had been very vague. In fear for their lives, Grandmother and Grandfather had ran in the dead of night and eventually settled in the small village at the base of the western mountains. Sarai’s mother and father were happy there, as was her grandfather. Sarai was not, nor had she ever been. She wanted something more, something greater for herself. Her grandmother was the only person to understand Sarai’s need to leave, her need to become something greater.

She’d always been a misfit in the village. Always the one in trouble. She couldn’t help her curious and rather nosey nature, she was who she was. In a small quiet village, being too curious or too loud was frowned upon. So, Sarai was an outcast everywhere except in her grandmother’s home. She’d spent much time there, being educated by the very wise and powerful old woman. She could start fire, bring about the wind, call to animals, and many other small spells. She even knew the art of healing, though not to the extent of her grandmother. She was well on her way to learning all Grandmother knew, even though her Papa frowned upon it.

That is, until her grandmother fell asleep and never woke. Sarai had been horribly depressed and went days without eating or drinking. But one night she dreamt of the old stories, of how the kingdom used to be before King Rius. She saw schools of magic, with books of spells as far as the eye could see. A place where battle mages trained beside knights and healer mages worked beside the doctors. That morning, a herald came to town and told of the heir apparent, Prince Joshua defeating  his uncle in battle and had taking the throne. He was to restore the kingdom to it’s former glory, restoring it to the way his father had built it.

Sarai had been elated, overjoyed, and almost broke into dance when she heard that King Josiah had even reopened the Mage’s libraries and that soon the University would also be reopened. The Kingdom would be training mages again! She’d immediately prepared to leave for the great city. Her dream of dreams was to be a battle mage. Though, she doubted she’d be able to pass the test to make it into the University. Mages were usually trained fully by the time of their eighteenth year. Though her grandmother had taught her much in her nineteen years of this earth, Sarai knew she was not ready.

Grandmother had prepared her for this as well, she had told Sarai of mages in the great city who would train you for the test for a price of several gold pieces. Sarai had saved her whole life for a moment like this. So, with hugs and kisses goodbye, she rode on the back of a cart taking fruit to be sold outside the great city. The cart had taken her as far as the road that led to the great city. Which, was where she now walked alone. The trees were becoming more sparse the closer she came, letting sunlight fall in beams through their canopy. Every so often she passed someone on horse back leaving the city, all of whom had seemed just as bright and joyful as the sun beams.

She hadn’t walked for long when she heard the sound of life that could only be the great city. Distant music flowed to her, making her steps almost more like dancing. Real minstrels! She was excited beyond belief to see them, to buy food from one of the vendors in the market, and to find a room that would be her home. But mostly, she was excited to find a teacher ... someone to prepare her for the test.

Beautiful Poison

A young woman, heavily laden with various sized boxes, picked her way carefully through the throngs of people as they hurried about the busy streets of the city. Long arms wrapped fully around a large brown parcel, she peeked carefully around the collection she carried. She wasn't particularly tall, standing just shy of 5'4". She wore simple white robes, edged in a pale blue color that hugged the outside curve of her arms, exposing her pale, slender shoulders. The long sleeves had been rolled up, hanging loosely about her elbows.

"Oh, look out!" She  exclaimed in exasperation as children rushed by her, knocking her slightly in the process. The boxes shuddered dangerously as she struggled to keep them in place.

With much effort and careful footing, she managed to make it to door of a shop just off of the main street. Several branches and sprigs of dried leaves and flowers hung in the open window and the fragrance of sage and peppermint hung thickly about the place. The aged sign that hung outside read "Somerset Apothecary". Footing the door open, the woman kicked it wide and hurried to make it inside before it could swing shut again.

The shop was dimly lit from the windows and a large chandelier hung from the ceiling, candles burning low in their sockets. A rather portly, woman stood behind the counter, Her long red curls flecked with gray. She quickly cleared bottles off of the long, pitted counter before her.

"Ya alright there, Sil?" She asked in a pleasant voice as the woman set down the boxes with a huff.

"As well as can be expected, Maggie". She replied, stepping out from behind the tower of packages.

She was young, maybe in her mid twenties. Her features were clearly elven in nature, but the long, pointy ears of her kind were not to be seen, hidden behind sheets of pale blond hair perhaps. She wore simple jewelry on her person. Small pear-shaped jade earrings and a silver locket in the shape of a book. What she lacked in bust, she more than made up for with hips. This caused her robes to fit somewhat oddly around her curves. Her hands were stained various shades of green, and her nails were almost frightfully dirty.  The belt about her hips carried several objects. Small leather pouches tied shut. Some carried bottles but the contents of the rest were unknown. Two daggers were also present, one on each side, and a small, leather bound book bounced against the left side of her bottom as she walked.

"I think I'm going to take a break for now, Maggie." She said in an exasperated voice, dusting off her robes with lack of enthusiasm. "I've had enough flower picking for one day." And with that,she waved goodbye and headed back out into the afternoon sun. 

Once outside, she paused to watch the various people rushing about. Ever since the prince had announced the reopening of the schools and libraries, the city had been filled with all sorts of people. Street performers had taken to the corners and the mood of the place seemed to had lifted, almost to a tangable level. Her vivid green eyes danced about for a few more moments before she headed to the grand entrance of the city, bored and in the mood for people watching.
Reply Status N/A. ( Updated 19/01/2024 )
Posting Frequency - N/A
Availability - Not Accepting New Stories

Returned
A bit about Me - Ons/Offs - Story Requests - Absences and Apologizes 
"I'm the total package that got fucked up in shipping and handling"

ninnyblack

Damona
[/URL][/img]

Sadness was a constant compain for Damona. She had finally reached the great City. She had been traveling for a week.
She was worried about how the people here would treat her. She wondered if she would ever be accepted. Damona is a
shapeshifter but she is also a young mage. She was banished from the town she called home by the people she thought
were her friends and family. so with sadness in her heart and a tear in her eye she headed to the Great City. She had
heard that the king's son had acsened to the thrown and was reopening all the old mage schools and shops. So she
decided to go and look for training to become a great Magi! She also wanted to learn how to control her shifting. The thing
about her being a shapeshifter is that she doesn't shift into the normal wolf or bear but she shifts into a blue pitbull.
That's the reason she was banished from her town. Everyone was afraid of her.

Well here I go! I guess I should go inside! *walks into city*

Wow there are alot of people in this city. I wonder where the schools are located. *looks around* there r alot of builds here
maybe if I can find one they will tell me where to find the schools. *walks around the city checking out the shops*
I can go into the shop if I do I could possibly shift. I don't want to scare anyone.

*pondering what to do*

Maybe if I just walk around I can find the school without having to ask. *continues walking around*  I wonder if I can spot
maybe a teacher in this crowd of people! *looks at the people waliking past* well that will do no goodI don't know what a
teacher should look like. *walking around* I hope I get there soon *worrying about shifting in front of people*
Oh look what is that over there. *looks at a big building* I think that must be the school! *walks over to building*
Should I go inside? *waits outside door*
Ninny's on's and Off's

Back online and enjoying every minute of it!

lollipop

Sarai

Sarai finished the distance to the village at a very quick pace. Her mind and body eager to be there, to experience it all. Freedom, entertainment, independence ... all the things she longed for. The gates to the city were opened and she entered easily.

The very first thing she saw was a juggler. Never having seen one before, she stood transfixed for the longest time just watching him. Sure, juggling wouldn’t be that entertaining to most adults, or so she thought. But to Sarai it was wonderful. He juggled apples, peaches, and a few oranges. Around and around they went, even behind his back and between his legs ... one after the other. Someone bumped into her and broke her enchantment with the juggler.

She carried on her way not yet sure what she should do first. Sarai had never experienced anything like this, the throngs of people acting as if they’d suddenly been set free. People of all races, types, and shapes. Exotic smells of foods and burning incense melded together in a wonderful assault on her nose. People with varying accents and tones surrounded her, their voices music to her all to excitable ears. The assault to her senses the city brought about should have been frightening to a small village girl such as herself. But it doesn’t, instead she’s left with the most excited feelings she’s ever felt.

She almost laughed aloud when she finally stopped to rest, just off the main street. She stopped in front of an Apothecary. Her Grandmother had been a healer during her time in the city and often told her of apothecary shops. In fact, she’d basically had one of her own in her home. Some of Sarai’s earliest memories had been collecting ingredients for her grandmother’s various concoctions.

She stood for a long time, watching the crowd. She’d even seen an inn just across the street, where she would probably stay her first night. It seemed like the view of the city from it would be inspirational for her first letter home. She pulled out a loaf of sweet bread and munched happily while a magician (Magicians being lesser mages who did tricks for a few pieces of coin) walked along in front of her chasing children with breaths of fire.

Happily she stood there, perhaps more than a bit overwhelmed for the first time. She wasn’t frightened, however, but it was quite a bit to take in. It was then a rather pleasant young woman walked from the Apothecary. Sarai studied her as she too took in the city. There was something about her that perplexed Sarai. The girl’s skin was much smoother than hers, her movements more graceful. Her hair reminded Sarai of soft bleached silk.

Overly curious, as always, Sarai followed the other woman. The girl’s attire was that of which made Sarai’s plain brown dress appear drab and dull. She wore white robes, like those a mage would wear outlined in the softest hues of blue. It did nothing but and excellerant to Sarai’s fire of curiosity.  The other girl seemed friendly enough, but it wasn’t until Sarai saw her hands that she decided she would indeed strike up a conversation with this young woman.

“I can’t tell you how many times my hands were stained that shade of green after collecting flowers and herbs for my Gran.”

She had fallen into step with the other girl, apparently headed in the direction of the smaller crowds of younger people at the opening of the gate.

“My name is Sarai, my Gran was a healer, her home looked much like the apothecary.”

Beautiful Poison

Shockingly green eyes studied the girl before her, clearly lost in thought and didn't take note until she spoke. In a scramble to introduce herself, she thrust her hand out to shake the girls, only looking down at the last second to realize how dirty they were. She hastily withdrew it, reaching inside her belt and extracting a cloth that wasn't much cleaner, attempting to wipe some of the fresh stains from her hand.

"Nice to meet you, Sarai." The woman said warmly, her voice had an odd melody to it. Deeper than one would expect, but still feminine and smooth. "Names Silvarie, but everyone calls me Sil for short."

Still uselessly rubbing her hands in the cloth, she took a moment to asses the girl. Her excited face and energetic eyes, even her body language and the clothing she wore.

"New to the city?" She guessed outloud with a grin. "We've been getting lots and lots of travelers from all over, what with the recent activities."
Posting Frequency - N/A

Returned

lollipop

Sarai

For a few moments, Sarai felt as if she were being thoroughly examined. She didn’t mind, she was used to doing the same thing to others. Especially newcomers, as they always had the most stories to tell (since, she’d never heard any of theirs before). She couldn’t help but laugh, however, when the green eyed girl extended than pulled away her pigment stained hand.

As the other girl began to speak and wipe uselessly at her hands with a cloth, Sarai reached into her began and rummaged for a rather helpful vial.

"Nice to meet you, Sarai ... Names Silvarie, but everyone calls me Sil for short."

Sarai smiled at the other warmly and pulled the vial from her bag. It was a recipe of her grandmother’s a hand cleanser that worked miracles. It smelled like lilacs as well, which had always pleased Sarai. She popped the cork from the vial and dabbled some onto a clean kerchief she had.

"New to the city? ... We've been getting lots and lots of travelers from all over, what with the recent activities."

Sarai returned the grin, quite pleased to have met a friendly face. She then held the kerchief out to Sil, and nodded. The other girls voice fit perfectly with her name, a deeper more silvery tone than that of most young ladies. It had a pleasing musical lilt that Sarai enjoyed, the girl could have read out random pages from a book and Sarai would have listened.

“Yes, I am. Here, take this and run it over your hands. My Gran’s cleanser, it works wonders and won’t dry or crack your skin.”

She then looked around, finally noticing the excited and somewhat befuddled faces of others that mirrored her own feelings of the city. She should have thought that she wouldn’t be the only being around to come to the city once the new king took the throne. 

“Like I said, Gran was a healer. She taught me some things, but I came to the city to learn ... since I’d already learned everything worth learning from my little village.”

She shrugged, rolling the stiffness out of her shoulders.

“I’m probably going to get a room across from the Apothecary. Is that Inn decent? Have you always lived here?”

She had a barrel of other questions she wanted to ask, but she didn’t want to seem rude or a bore. So, she left it like that and became Sil’s expectant listener. She hoped they would be friends, she enjoyed the other girl already.

Byakuya23

Revnen stood at the window in his office, staring down at the cheerfull hustle of the city. It seemed as if the city had been reborn since the prince had been victorious. The young man was 26 years of age, his hair was black as was his eyes. Though not tall, his body was toned, something he owed to his previous life style as a battle mage. For a moment he  realised that he wasn't the only one who had lost loved ones during the culling of the magi. The office lacked colour, the book shelves, the floors, his desk, the walls, they were all dark browns, blacks and greys. He prefered it that way. Sometimes he would see someone in the crowds below that reminded him of his family. The culling had taken everyone he held dear, everyone he loved. As a boy Revnen was taught magic by his mother and father, both skilled mages. He excelled at fire magic and alchemy, he had no interest or ambitions though, magic to him was a tool to help others and make his parents happy, back then. The last memory he had of his parents was the day they said their final goodbyes. He had been sent to live with a family friend, a battle mage. A few days after he left, he learnt his home was burnt to the ground and his family murdered. The battle mage helped him refine his skills and when he felt he had learnt enough, he set out to join the princes forces, eager for blood and vengeance. That was the path he had chosen, knowing that he might never find redemption. The prince had appointed to become an instructor, at the newly reopened mage school. He wondered why the prince would take an experianced battle mage out of combat to teach children magic. He had killed many in the war and by doing so he had broken the oath he had sworn to his mother, never to use his skills to kill another. " Perhaps this is my second chance ", he said to himself, before  grabing his coat and leaving to check if any new students had enrolled.
People cant defeat loneliness- Gaara

Beautiful Poison

A soft, amused chuckle could be heard as Silvarie took the clean cloth, giving it a sniff before beginning the process of cleaning her hands, not bothering to look down as she did so. Her eyes would trail over to the inn in question.

"Holstis runs that inn over there." She stated casually with a jerk of her blond head in it's direction. The sign over the inn had received a fresh coat of paint. No doubt to attract the new tourists to the City. It read "The Gilded Lily" with a painting of a gold lily in full bloom beneath the words.

"It's one of the nicer inns. It's also one of the more costly." She continued to absentmindedly scrub her hands, eyes out of focus as she thought.

With another laugh, she answered her second rapid fire question. "Oh, I've been here for about the last ten years or so." She stated matter of factly, shifting her weight to her other foot, turning her gaze back to Sarai. "I showed up during the middle of the ban on magic."

It was at this point, Sil let her eyes fall back to her hands and she gaped. "Wow, this stuff works wonders!" 

She lifted her hands, marveling at them. The large patches of green and blues had almost completely been removed from her skin, leaving only a hint of pigment behind, though her nails were still horrendous.

"What's in it?" She sounded almost desperate to know, a pleading note in her normally even voice. She took the now stained fabric, running it along the tips of her fingers, face clearly distracted by the solution.
Posting Frequency - N/A

Returned

BigBadWolf

Norticon

Norticon stood in the school's library. It was a great hall full of books along the walls. The bookshelves were so high, they almost reach the celling. In the middle of the hall several big table and chairs stood for those who want to read here.
He was now an instructor of the school. He never thought one day he become a teacher. Norticon was a necromancer and later become a powerful battle mage. But he wasn't very popular, many of the generals didn't want to work with a necromancer. However his powers serve well in the battlefield. Until one day, when he almost lost everything. During a battle he got a deadly wound, and the only way he could survive was to bond his soul to his dying body. He became undead. It cost much, after the transformation he lost most of his powers. It was difficult to him to cast even the most simple spell.

After this they he started to regain his powers, but it will take long time. He experienced that undeads can't learn magic as quickly. It had take him a whole century to reach the power of an average mage.

He was were surprised when one of the king's man find him, and offered a job for him. It seemed a very few mage survived the past years, and they need every available mage to teach a new generation. Noricon wasn't look forward to be a teacher but accepted it, because he has access to a great knowledge. He also become the librarian. Many of the books in the school's library were hidden, to prevent king Rius men find them and burn them. In the last few months the books were given back to the school, but the books need to be sorted and categorized. It was the perfect task for Noricon. Because he is undead he needs only about 20 hours of sleep a week. Therefore he can spend his nights in the library and do the necessary work.

He arrived to the city last week. The other teachers are know he is undead, and they also know some of his past.

Because no one told him he has students, he came to the library to start the work here.
My On's and Off's    (3rd November 2019)
Game ideas Currently searching for new partners

ninnyblack

Damona

Standing outside the door to the school she decides not to go in yet but instead to walk around the city some more. She starts walking toward the middle of the city thinking about checking out some of the shops.

I wonder if maybe there would be away for me to get a job at one of the shops? I will need to have a steady income so that I may be able to have a place to live.

Walking around she notices that there are to young ladies talking outside one of the shops she walks up and waits for them to finish talking.

Hello ladies! My name is Damona! I have just arrived here hoping to enrol in one of the school. Can you tell me of anywhere I could find a job?
Ninny's on's and Off's

Byakuya23

Revnen made his way to the entry hall. On his way there he realised he had forgotten some notes he had scrawled in the library, alchemy formulae, some research on the effects of stimulant stones, it wasn't unusual for him to become absorbed in research just to keep his mind off seemingly larger, deeper matters. Then there was Norticon, the librarian and fellow instructor. He had heard rumours of the necromancer before joining the faculty, none were true though. To Revnen, Norticon was a man to be revered and respected. He admired him, if not for his vast knowledge of the arcane then for his inner strength in having the resolve to bind his soul to this world. Men become weary of life and few, even necromancers, desired to be eternal and have their ability to grow magically, handicapped. He walked over to where the necromancer stood, " Greetings Norticon, I seemed to have forgotten my notes. Is it okay if I let myself into the advanced alchemy section?",  that area had been made restricted, even the instructors needed permission to enter.
People cant defeat loneliness- Gaara

BigBadWolf

Norticon

Norticon turn to Revnen.

He was about 170 cm (5.5 feet) tall. He wore his usualy cloths, black boots, black trousers, black shirt and a robe with a hood which was also black. He always keeps the hood on his head, so now one can clearly se his face. At least not with normal human vision. What you can see, is a middle aged man face, with some thin white scars. His sikn was very pale almost completly grey. His eyes was pale as well and dirty yellow. His gray hair was shoulder lenght, usually hide under the hood, but you could see a few tuft.
The most unusual cloth he wore was an iron glove on his left hand. It has little spikes on the knuckles. One of the insturcturs have requested from him, to take it of. It's a school not a battlefiled. He pretened even not hear the request. After that nobody was ask him about, but some people says, he wears that because it has magical powers.

"Greetings Revnen" his voice wasn't really deep or frightnening. He spoke like any other man in middle age.
He reckonize the young battle mage, but he didn't know much about him. When he arrived, he intruduce himself to the other instructors, and the others introtuce themself as well. He remembered Revnen has a huge knowledge about fire magic and alchemy. Nordicon liked alchemy as well, but for him was somekind of hobby and a usefull tool when he needed to create some ingridients to rituals. However his knowledge become rusty, because ha was focusing to regain magical abillities, and for that he did't need alchemy.

"Yes, you can enter." he said, and he was turning his attention back to the books.

lollipop

Sarai

"Holstis runs that inn over there."

Sarai followed the nod of the pretty blond girl’s head to the quaint but pleasant looking Inn. The artfully crafted sign above the door read The Gilded Lily. It looked clean enough and the proprietors seemed to keep a decent breed of customers. She would be staying there, she decided. It seemed as good a place as any and the location couldn’t be better. Perhaps she would get a room facing the palace with it’s turrets and arches that seemed to go on forever.

"It's one of the nicer inns. It's also one of the more costly."

Or maybe only stay for a day or so, as she needed to keep what coin she had for as long as she could.

"Oh, I've been here for about the last ten years or so. I showed up during the middle of the ban on magic."       

“My Gran fled at the beginning of the ban of magic. But she’s told me much of The City.”

She watched the others eyes widen in surprise at the effects of the cleanser. Sarai couldn’t help but smile in pride for her grandmother’s ingenuity.

"Wow, this stuff works wonders!"

Sarai couldn’t help but laugh. She’d seen basically the same reaction from many people over the years. She couldn’t count the times that either one of her cleansers, moisturizers, elixirs, or salves had surprised a person. She almost sighed, thinking of it ... thinking of her grandmother. She hoped one day, to garner that type of reaction from others with her own abilities. Though, she hoped her abilities took her down a different path. Healing and the like were not exciting enough for her tastes.

"What's in it?"

Sarai debated for a moment, for she did know the formula. She just wasn’t sure if she should give it out to just anybody. Her grandmother had intrusted her with it. Yet, the wonderment in Sil’s voice and the honesty in her face quickly gained her trust with Sarai.

“Well, it has a lye base, of course as most cleansers to do ... but to soften it, as not to dry or chap the skin, you put in ...”

She stopped talking, however, when another young woman approached them. And began to speak in a rather excited manner.

"Hello ladies! My name is Damona! I have just arrived here hoping to enrol in one of the school. Can you tell me of anywhere I could find a job?"

Sarai couldn’t help but giggle and offer the newcomer and friendly smile and introduce herself in return. Though, she was slightly confused by the young woman’s question.

“Hello, Damona. I am Sarai. I don’t know of where you might find work, as I am new to The City myself.”

She rolled her shoulders in an age old way signifying her answer and then, posed a question herself. She was, in fact slightly bewildered by the sudden questioning of the girl. She almost laughed, imagining Sil had felt much the same when she’d ran her down on the street.

“But if you’re enrolling in one of the schools, shouldn’t you enroll before you seek work? What if the hours of business of your employer overlap your classes?”

ninnyblack

Realizing she was very rude interupting them while they were talking. Blushing she look at the young woman who introduced herself as Sarai.

Hello Sarai! I am sorry to have interupted your conversation. I am glad that I am not the only new here.

Looking at the other woman She thinks now I wonder if she would know where I could find work?

Oh yeah I didn't think about that. I have no money to my name though. I must find away to make money. Do you think they will have us living at the school?

Make a splint second decision she decides to go back to the school. She needs to enroll. She was always forgetting to do improtant things. She was getting upset with her seld and needed to calm down before she shifted in front of these to ladies.

Well I got to run! it was nice meeting you Sarai I will see you soon I hope!

Damona turns to walk away.
Ninny's on's and Off's

Beautiful Poison

Silvarie had been completely thrown off by the other girls sudden arrival and even more so by her speedy departure. This left her blinking her green eyes for a moment as she struggled to remember the previous conversation. While she thought, she continued to work the cleaning solution into her fingers, gazing off before firmly shaking her head sending her sheet of pale blond hair fanning out about her.

One might notice if they were paying particular attention at this moment, that a glimpse of her ear could be seen through the break in her hair. It was not long and pointed like one would expect, that is, if one knew what she was. This was rather blunt, almost coming to a point and the edges were a purple color, almost bruised.

"Errr. Oh right, the inn!" Sil remembered, resisting the urge to cover her face with her palm. She had been so easily distracted these last few weeks.

"We should go talk to Holstis about getting you lodged there before you start your classes." Silvarie said this with some authority, as if she had taken it upon herself to help this new girl out in the massive city. "Besides, he owes me a couple of favors." She adds as an after thought.
Posting Frequency - N/A

Returned

lollipop

Sarai was left quite befuddled, the newcomer’s departure so quick that it barely left her time to think. A quick look back at Sil and she realized she wasn’t the only one left confused in the wake of the interesting interruption. Both women seemed to stand there for a moment, lost in their own bewilderment before Sil shook her head and continued on. But not before Sarai’s curiosity of Sil was further peeked. She saw a glimpse of the tip of her ear. Normally she would have never thought twice, but against the pale blond color of her hair is appeared bruised and misshapen. Or, rather, misshapen compared to what Sarai was accustomed to when it came to ears.

"Errr. Oh right, the inn!"

Sarai jumped at the sudden words and then began to laugh at her own silliness. It was so easy for her recently to become so very lost in thought that when the real world continued on, she was startled.

"We should go talk to Holstis about getting you lodged there before you start your classes ... Besides, he owes me a couple of favors."

“Wonderful!”

Sarai clapped her hands together before turning and glancing back at the welcoming Inn. She felt as if she’d made a friend and was pleased. Though, she wasn’t quite sure how much she could tell her friend.

“Though, I won’t be starting classes immediately ...”

She didn’t finish the thought. Truth being, she wasn’t sure exactly what she was going to do in The City. Freedom was a sweet tasting thing, she would love to keep it. There were many things she wouldn’t be able to explain were she to attend classes right away. ‘I need control ... first.’

“... I’d like to experience The City itself for awhile.”

She nodded to the Inn and gestured to the now heavy pack across her shoulder.

“Shall we? I’d like to stow my things away before going any farther.”

BigBadWolf

Norticon

He was working for hours now in the library. He was very pleased with the books. It will take a long time to finish the sorting, but it will be an enjoyable time. He decided it was enough for now. He had other duties. So long he didn't have any students, but he must prepare for them. He will need buy a few thing like a notebook.
Norticon went back to his room and grabbed his pouch, and stick in it his belt. After that he left the room, and walked out of the school's front door. Once he was outside he paused for a moment.
The square in front of the school was full of pepole. They were walking around in the city. A lot of them was new comer, he recognize them from their big luggages. The rest lived in the city, they were buying some kind of merchandise from vendors, or just staring and laughing at comedians and performers.
Norticon was starting to feel a little uncomfortable. He wasn't used to being around so many people. At least not living people. They clothes were colorfull, while his were plain and black. He was considering to use an illusion spell, to hide himself, but then he decided against it. If he would look like one of them, when he enter the crowd they probably bump into them, and he would hate that. Or worse a thief would try to steal his money. And after all, he don't like to cast spell unless it wasn't necessary.
So he looked around once more, and started to walk a direction, where he could find a shop, to buy the items, he needed.

Beautiful Poison

"All the more reason to get you situated" Sil replied, glancing at the girl over her shoulder. "Holstis will surely try and jack up the prices once the school has officially started up again." She stated with a smirk. "He likes picking on out of towners." And with that, she headed off in the inns direction. Her broad hips carrying her through the street, carving a path out of the crowds of people.

This particular inn had a broad, deep covered porch with several weathered chairs placed around smaller tables. Three stories tall, small windows with checkered glass dotted the front and sides of the building. The massive double doors bared the same lily design as the sign, though these had not yet received a fresh coat of paint. Shouldering them open, Silvarie stepped in, keeping it open long enough for Sarai to pass within.

The inside was very much your typical tavern. A roaring fire burned in the hearth off to the far right, giving the place a hot, smokey fragrance. Barmaids busied themselves with platters of food and drink to the dozen or so people that sat within. Behind the long, deeply pitted bar top, a large, burly looking mat stood, checking his supplies of liquor.

"Holstis" Sil said warmly, a broad, toothy grin on her face.

The balding man turned around, revealing a very large pot belly and a somewhat stained tunic that struggled to stay buttoned across his large girth.

" Oh, 'lo Sil" He said, his small piggish eyes flickered between her smiling face and the timid girl next to her. "What can I do for you and, errr, yer friend here?"

The grin played out about Silvarie's lips only widened. "I'm so glad you asked. This here's my cousin, Sarai." She motioned to her with her newly cleaned hands. "She's just come in from out of town to join the schools." she went on to explain. "You see, she needs a place to stay, and well, I figured since you owed me a favor, you'd be willing to give her a 'special' rate."   

Sil had put special emphasis on the last few words, bringing her arms up and folding them across her chest. Her tone had commanded some authority and she looked at Holstice poignantly.

The mans beady eyes now studied the girl carefully, who, judging by the look on his face, was clearly not related to Silvarie what so ever. But, giving in, he sighed and nodded, not wanting to question the healer.

"Alright, that'll be 50 silv..." But he cut himself short as Sil's eyebrows disappeared under her hairline. "I mean, 10 silver a week." He amended, sounding flustered.

"Excellent!" Silvarie clapped her hands together, beaming. "You're a good chap, Holstis." She turned back to Sarai still smiling.
Posting Frequency - N/A

Returned

ninnyblack

has Damona headed back to the school she was worried, She would have to tell someone what she was, and that scared her. As she walked along she look into shop windows noticing the different things in them. She notices that there is a shop which sells second hand clothes and wants to go in, but decides against it for now.

She Reaches the school standing outside the door again. She wonders do I knock or just go in. Well She decides to knock and wait to see if antone answers. Knoccking on the door she says.

Hello anyone here? I want to enroll in some classes please!

She stands outside waiting for someone to answer.
Ninny's on's and Off's

BigBadWolf

Norticon

Norticon was lucky, because he find a shop near the school where he bought all the items he needed. He put all the things in his scrip, and headed back to the school.

As he approached the school front doors he saw a young woman who was knocking on the door. Norticon can tell she was a newcomer, possibly here to learn magic. Or she could be miss the door.

Norticon step beside her and greets her:
"A good day to you young lady! Are you intrested in this school?"

ninnyblack

Damona stood at the door wondering if anyone would answer, when suddenly a man stepped near he. She was startled but recover quickly not wanting to shift. She turned to face him.

Oh hello sir. Yes sir I would like to enroll in classes.

As Damona looked at him she wondered if he always wore the hood up. She had so much to ask him. She wonder if he was one of the teachers.

I am Damona! Are you a teacher here?
Ninny's on's and Off's

BigBadWolf

Norticon

"I'm rather a librarian than a teacher. Come inside."
Norticon open the door and enter. He let open for the woman. Twenty years ago, he may let her enter first, but he spend his existence alone for a very long time, and he almost forgot everything about etiquette.

ninnyblack

Damona

Oh I'm sorry! Thanks.

As Damona watched him open the door and walk in she wonder where he learned his manners.
Well she was in now and needed to enroll.

Do you know where I need to go to enroll? I also need to talk to whom ever is the head here.

She stopped and stood looking at the librarian wondering what had happened to him, but to afraid to ask him.
Ninny's on's and Off's

BigBadWolf

Norticon

"Then you must see mage Dorian. He is the headmaster of this school, and he enroll students personally. Come, I'll show the way."

He led her straight to Dorian's room, which is located in the school's tower. It took about ten minutes to reach it. Norticon didn't say anything during the walk, unless Damona hadn't ask him.

ninnyblack

OK Thanks sir!

Damona followed Norticon wondering what he taught, but since he was quiet she was also quiet. They walked about ten minutes when they stop at a door. She wondered if she should knock so she did. Knocking on the door she waited for the headmaster to respond.
Ninny's on's and Off's