Assassins Among Us - TOWNSPEOPLE WIN!

Started by persephone325, April 17, 2013, 10:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

The normally peaceful and quiet town of Whitecourt has been thrown into chaos. Assassins, for reasons currently unknown, have begun picking off the most important people of the town, and anyone who poses a threat to their mission.

One final target remains; Persephone, the daughter of the recently deceased Jared and Elana Whitecourt. Their long family heritage traces back to the founders of the town. It's up to the citizens of the town to discover who is behind all the recent attacks, and put a stop to them before Persephone can be killed.

But, is everyone really working for the same thing?

Players:
Ark Noah
Chelemar
Josietta
MabFaerie
MolotovXsugaR
Mr Bigglesworth
Remiel
Silver
Starlequin
yugi006
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

persephone325

Round one has begun. Please play out introduction posts if you wish, and submit your votes for who you believe to be working with the assassins.

(I understand that some games start off with a death right away, but seeing that this is a rather small group it wouldn't be the best idea.)
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Remiel

"Assassins!" cried Remiel.  "Assassins in the streets!"  He was starting to become a bit unhinged.

He pointed a trembling finger at MolotovXsugaR, who he'd really just picked at random. "You're in league with them, aren't you?" he accused her.  "Admit it!"

Chelemar

Chelemar shivered as though a cold wind made it's way between the layers of her petticoats.  It seemed that lately any news, if there was news at all, was bad news, deaths, ill weather, loss.  Shoulder's hunched, she looked this way and that, before crossing the street, and even then made sure to check behind her twice!  The latest harbinger, a cry of "Assassins!" was being echoed through the streets.  Pale lips pulled down at the corners, dragging deeper the furrows and planes of a slender face.

First the death of the most beloved Madam and Mr. Whitecourt and now someone dared to threaten their lovely daughter.  Such outrages in this new modern day.  She pulled her cloak more tightly around her as she entered the grocer's. 

"Good day, Sir."  Could I please have a loaf of bread and a round of Camembert?"  She ordered her lunch, contemplating the rest of her days tasks.  Typing notes was such a dull thing.  A heavy sigh escaped her as she paid for her purchases.

It was when she was exiting the store that she heard Mr. Remiel calling out MolotovXsugaR's name as the Assassin.  Though she had no knowledge of the woman herself, she had her own thoughts on who the assassin might be.   Shuffling quickly over to the man whom she knew, though slightly, she couldn't help but announce, "Oh Remiel, I must disagree.  If there is an assassin, she argued.  My money is on Mr. Bigglesworth.  He seems a good sort-- nice looking and all that, yet, there's something ... unsavory about his name.  She said his name slowly letting it play between her teeth and tongue, stretching it.  Yes, indeed.    So unsavory sounding, just the sort for an assassin.    She gave a quick, up and down snap of the head, pale blue eyes not blinking.

Silver

"Assassins." That was the word being whispered throughout the streets. The deaths of the Jared and Elana Whitecourt had surely shaken the town. Who could it be tat was slowly but surely picking off the most important people in town, those who's bloodlines could be traced back to the very foundation of those who many years founded the town. Silver began walking through the streets, the whispers and cries of that one word setting her upon edge. Towards two who were speaking she happened upon, unable to keep her thoughts to herself. "But I must disagree.... It might be Yugi for have you not noticed how sneaky he has been, how withdrawn from everyone else in the town he has been as of late.
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

MolotovXsugaR

MolotovXsugaR had been enjoying a lemonade and had, been rather withdrawn as of late. The news of the Assassins far from surprised her, a conspiracy theorist by her own right she had always been known for incessant ramblings of dread and woe. She leaned against the wall paneling of the store, sipping on her citrusy drink when a familiar face, Remiel entered. It had seemed paranoia had shaken him to his very core. A bit apathetic combined with a mixture of a matter-of-factly "told-you-so" attitude, she seemed aloof, completely unaffected by the terror that was wrecking havoc in Whitecourt.

"You're in league with them, aren't you?" he accused her.  "Admit it!"

She chuckled at the irony. How strange it was to be on the receiving end of the rantings of a seemingly mad man.

"It would be the perfect scheme," She mused, "A political push to my conspiracy agendas, but no-" She assured him, "I am not the one you seek." She smirked, brushing her auburn locks out of her face, a hint of mirth in her honey-brown eyes. "But if I was guilty, I'd hardly admit to it now would I?"

With the approach of Chelemar, MolotovXsugaR slurped the last remnants of her lemonade and set the glass down, nodding in agreement.

"I too initially thought the same, though for now it is simply a guessing game. A game that requires strategy. Mr. Bigglesworth." She let the name roll off of her tongue, it seemed sinister to the core, but Sugar was not convinced he was one of the ones they sought- not yet.

Strategy and a matter of perspective was the key to finding the murderers, so Sugar was not surprised to hear Yugi's name mentioned by the approaching Silver. Now was the time to decide, to hop on a bandwagon or support her own crazed theories.

"Valid points all...except one." She shot an annoyed glance at Remiel. "However, I must disagree as well. Josietta seems a likely culprit. Under the guise of kind eyes and helpfulness lurks the sinister, devious soul of an assassin. It would be the perfect cover."

[Edit to remove the bold of my post and emphasize my vote]

♥ It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything - Tyler Durden ♥

persephone325

Ark Noah has become the first victim of the assassins. An unfortunate citizen who had gotten in harms way.

Vote Tally:
MolotovXsugaR - 3
Mr. Bigglesworth - 3
Josietta - 1
MabFaeire - 1

Yet to vote:
Josietta, MabFaerie, Mr Bigglesworth, Starlequin, yugi006
I don't know.

Starlequin

Starlequin sat at the mouth of the alley, huddled in his ragged coat and warming his hands over a pile of dying embers in the bottom of a small barrel. He reached into a threadbare pocket and pulled out a small, dented flask, unscrewed the cap and took a sup, recapped and replaced the old whiskey tiller. Cries rang in the streets of assassins and murderers and his ears perked up; so, the hoi polloi had been knocked off, eh? Well, good riddance. Never done the likes'a him any good. Soddin' thieves is what rich folk were, the lot of 'em. One or two less wouldn't keep him off his sleep, not when the cold did so fine a job of that.

A ruckus was blowin' on the sidewalk nearby, some of the town's more upstandin' citizenry in a rush to throw each other on the pyre. Starlequin rolled his eyes as the accusations against one another flew over his head and he scooted back further into his little box, out of sight, out of mind. With all this murder and death business on everyone's mind, the last thing he wanted was attention. Still, he couldn't help but wonder himself who might actually be guilty. That MabFaerie seemed like a shifty sort...
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

yugi006

Yugi was wandering the streets just look for something to do. There had been nothing exciting happening in the town of Whitecourt the pass few months and things were starting to get dull. Within the last month is when things first occurred. Suddenly Jared and Elena were found dead. Who was responsible for these attacks? It must be someone within the town. Maybe Mr. BigglesWorth was the assassin.

Josietta

Josi looked and around as she was in a half stupor of sleep.

"Hmm?? Mr BigglesWorth did it? Are we sure?" 

With the doubt planted in her head about the poor guy she looked around at the others and then back to him again. It was a decision made not of logic or even knowing anything, she just assumed someone had a good enough reason and that she had to give some sort of answer to the dilemma.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. Bigglesworth had been so focused on his hydroponic eucalyptus and fig garden that he didn't even realize what had happened to Jared & Elena until he went out to get some fresh air, the eucalyptus scent was just becoming too much for him.  He wasn't sure what to make of it all, but was pretty sure MolotovXSugar was behind it; she never looked him straight into the eyes.

Silver

With all of the different theories being thrown around Silver, didn't know just who should be believed and who was the killer hidden among them in plain sight. She began listening to everyone's words, the conviction in which they spoke, trying to see through what might have been lies and the actual truth. "Maybe I am wrong..just because someone is quiet it shouldn't be assumed that they are the killer. Maybe it's the most talkative, the ones who wish to stir up the pot... MolotovXsugaR might be the one after all, it's all so confusing.." The woman would whisper more to herself in hushed tones, trying to talk this all out.
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

MabFaerie

Assassins. The word left a foul taste in her mouth, no matter how many times she turned it over in her mind and along her tongue. It felt foreign. Strange. Bitter. And above all, wrong.
But no matter which way she felt about it, that was indeed the word on the streets and such words were best when not left ignored.

With a disgruntled sigh, she made her ways towards the Whitecourt Estate, spotting the young Lady Persephone sitting on the bench outside her home, seeming to have stopped for a moment in search of fresher air.
Pausing somewhat, resting both hands along the wrought iron gate that led into garden of Whitecourt Estate, MabFaerie smiled in a polite, if slightly sorrowful manner.

"I've come to offer my sincerest condolences for your loss, Miss Whitecourt. It is my understanding that your parents passed away recently. Word on the streets claims it was an assassination attack, but I'm sure you don't want to hear any of that."
Pausing somewhat, as if picking and choosing her words carefully, she added, "Don't quote me on it, but if i had to say, I'd suggest you be wary of that Starlequin fellow, something has always seemed a little... odd about him."

Inhaling a short breath, the young woman offered a curt bow, "Ah, I shouldn't trouble you with such gossip. I'm sure you've got plenty on your mind as is. Please, continue along your day and pay me no mind."
With a tip of her hat and a nod in Persephones direction, she turned, calling back softly as she went,
"You have yourself a lovely evening ma'am. Again, I'm terribly sorry for your loss. Do try and keep yourself in good spirits though, won't you?"   

*Edited to fix a typo.
The mind is it's own place; and can make a heaven of hell; and a hell of heaven.

persephone325

Vote Tally:
MolotovXsugaR - 3
Mr. Bigglesworth - 3
Josietta - 1
MabFaeire - 1
Starlequin - 1

Due to not taking a tie into account when I made this game, I shall randomly roll the dice to decide who shall be banished from the town of Whitecourt.

Results forthcoming.

It was with regret that the decision to exile one of the townsfolk fell upon Lady Persephone. Poor MolotovXsugaR... Her time in the town had come to an abrupt end. It was only after her exile that the townspeople realized she was just a regular citizen, who apparently spoke too much for their liking.

Assassins, decide your next target. Neutral party, let me know if you'd like to use your ability.
I don't know.

persephone325

The night passed, seemingly uneventful. It is only when the sun rises and the townspeople come out of their homes, that they discover that Remiel has been slain. It is no doubt the work of the Master Marksman. However, the people are somewhat relieved to find that he was only a regular citizen.

Round two has begun. Please submit your votes.
I don't know.

Silver

With the morning light and the discovery that Remiel had been killed the night before; Silver was wondering what the best course of action would be now. Should she try talking to people one at a time or try to stay within a group. Was there truth to the saying that there was power in numbers..

The town was becoming smaller with each passing day, would there be a day when she wouldn't awake due to death or awake elsewhere due to be driven out of the town. Something needed to be done so that no one else had to die, that  no one else had to suffer. The woman began walking throughout the town looking for clues while muttering to herself. "What..Could it be.. Yugi after all..what if what I was told had been wrong..what if it was that man and another working together to try and throw me off of the trail...I need to find someone that I can trust..before the night comes..

yugi006

He awoke the next morning to find out that Remiel had been killed by the assassins. One by one the population was getting smaller. The townsfolk needed to find out who the assassins are and expose them before they kill again. With so few people left he needed to find someone to talk to about about the murders. Maybe Josietta was was the one that killed Remiel. Hopefully he made the right decision.

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. B. was now getting a bit worried, the assassins were mowing down the townsfolk, seemingly without even feeling the need to look over their shoulders; nobody knew who to trust.  Mr. B. spoke softly,  "Silver, you may have a point, Yugi may be one of them, but the one who makes me the mot nervous is Chelemar", then quietly went back to tend to his eucalyptus trees.

persephone325

Vote Tally:
Yugi - 1
Josietta - 1
Chelemar - 1
Mr Bigglesworth - 1
MabFaerie - 1
Starlequin - 1

Yet to vote:
Chelemar, Josietta, MabFaerie, Starlequin
I don't know.

Josietta

She stood there and looked between them all. She frowned as Yugi pointed his finger in her direction.  "Hasn't there been enough innocents dying. Yugi you believed it was Mr Bigglesworth before, why the change now especially as he voted to have one of us killed? An innocent woman died because of his choices. Now you are choosing to do the same?  I am sorry you feel that way. I am unsure which way to go now. I will stay with my original decision unless someone can show me otherwise."

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Starlequin

Starlequin remained in his little box, huddled against the wind. His stomach growled again, a good decibel up from yesterday, and he slapped his protesting belly in defiance. "I'll feed ya when I'm good'n'ready, ya whiny git," he mumbled a bit louder than he'd intended. He glanced around to see if anyone were about, but without poking his head out of the alley his field of view was pretty narrow. He could hear the newscriers in the streets though, enough to keep up with the previous evening's events. Star hung his head and shed a single tear for the loss of Remiel; the man may have been a crackpot with an unhealthy obsession with ducks, but he deserved better than bein' murderized in the night.

"Damn that MabFaerie and her bloodthirsty ilk," Starlequin muttered as he covered himself up with a discarded newspaper. The evening's occurrences had certainly done little enough to ameliorate his suspicions of the vicious little pixie. "Be the death of us all, she will..."

yugi006

Looking at Josietta as she pointed the finger at him and spoke to him. Well I didn't have any proof that he did it and don't know whether he is innocent or not but he never once voted for me so I won't for now and will keep it that way until I find out otherwise. You are just the unfortunate random pick. Unless you can prove to me that you aren't one of the assassins my vote stands.

MabFaerie

"Damn that Starlequin! I'm going to give him a piece of my mind right now!" With the firey heat of rage behind her eyes, MabFaerie stormed the streets, stopping only when the dimly lit alley where the delinquent huddled inside came into view.
"You!" She pointed a finger at the figure who towered over her by quite a few feet. "Remiel and MolotovXSugaR were good, innocent people. What's the matter with you?!" She demanded, a passion flickering behind her gaze. "I know you're the one causing all this havoc! It's all your fault!"
The mind is it's own place; and can make a heaven of hell; and a hell of heaven.

Starlequin

One eye opened slowly to find the murderess Mab towering over him and Starlequin shifted a little on the gritty pavement. "So, come to finish off another innocent, eh? Reckon I ain't civilized enough to rate bovverin' wit' waitin' til sundown, is that it? Well, get on with it, then. Save me another night here in my little palace." Star folded his paper blanket away, sat up and spat into the corner.

"Don't suppose you could find it in that black heart to feed a dyin' man? I hear them poor buggahs on the gallows get a last request 'fore they swing, and I shouldn't like to meet the lord on an empty stomach," he muttered, sneering at the so-called 'lady' as he waited for her attack. Small comfort to think the rest of the town might catch her after she did him right there in the alley, considering they weren't none likely to catch her before.

MabFaerie

Tensing subtly, Mab folded her arms across her chest with an obvious look of disinterest in her gaze.
"Oh, so you want to try and pawn this off on ME, do you? Typical coward! Can't even man up to your own handiwork, huh?"
What was that? Did he say he was hungry? "I'm surprised consuming souls isn't enough for you. Come on, you vagabond. I'll treat you to a meal. One of us has a heart in our chests. The other has ice. I'll get you to admit it one way or the other."
With a tilt of her head, she gestured out of the alleyway, towards the town square.
"I meant it, idiot. I'll feed you. Come on. Unless you don't have the HEART to eat a meal in the face of a potential victim?"