EVA Alternative Universe Anyone?

Started by Chameleon, November 06, 2007, 02:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chameleon

Well, I went and did it.  I’ve heard about the release of Evangelion rebuild and I went and started watching the series again.  As usual it’s made me want to work on an alternative universe style of game.  I was wondering if there was anyone else out there interested in playing in such a game if I were to run it?  I have no intention of following the series to the letter, and I’m more then willing to allow players to use non cannon characters if they are reasonable in comparison to the cannon characters.

A few things of note, this will be a BESM game.  I’m working on various templates for pilots and for NERV personnel.  Pilots will have less points to spend, given their age  and will be more limited in skills that they can take.  I’ve attempted to run this many times before, and I’m sick of seeing every PC being a trained fighter, computer hacker, and what not. 

I’ll help players make characters if they don’t know the rules.  I was also thinking of running this as a “Normal game” though if players demand it, I could be convinced to go light or bondage, but a bit of adaptation would have to be done, to make me feel comfortable running it as such.

Character Creation Rules (Non Cannon Pilots)

Basic 26 point character creation
All Pilots must possess the following traits

Own a Big Mecha 4 (Discounted 2 points per level so 8) * cannot be raised
Sync ratio              1 2 points (Will be described later)     ** Can be raised to two
Connection            1 NERV 3 points * Cannot be raised

Required flaws
Owned by a megacorp
conditional ownership

15 points left to spend

Restricted talents
Combat Mastery
Damned Healthy
Extra attacks
Focused Damage
Gun Bunny
Kensai
highly skilled
Massive damage
Sync ratio
May take two levels worth of restricted traits

Combat skills are generally also restricted, as are skills that don’t mesh with your average 14 year old. You may take 2 levels of combat skills as your restricted slots, or three levels of non combat skills as a restricted slot.

Cannon Eva Pilot are more high powered, and I will work with players who intend to play them so they have a a similiar feel from the characters from the show. 

Nerv Employees 40 points to distribute as they see fit, within reason of course.  Please no computer tech’s who are masters of Martial Arts. 

Must have
Connection 1 (3 Points)

Flaws
Owned by a megacorp

Like Pilots Cannon Nerv Employees will generally be more powerful then non Cannon.

Required Eva abilities
Force field 3
Ground speed 3
Heavy armor 3
Jumping 2
life support 1
super strength 2
regeneration 2

Sync

1: Gives Eva the general stats of the player
2-6: Provides 5 extra bonus mecha points

Characters Taken, Asuka.

Brittlby

Yes, I will represent Deutschland! *laugh*
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O