What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on September 07, 2011, 06:03:09 PM
Nah, 47 (I think that's his number) is supposed to be cold and morally dead, paying off a guard or cop and leaving a witness is not a good idea to him. The cop that see's it gets silenced.
Oh, what's he going to say? I took this bribe from this nondescript white male so I'd walk away so he could kill someone? Even if he did, 47 would go after him if he blabbed.

Still, didn't he kind of turn on his organization? That kind of takes morals.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

Considering bribes are one of the post-mission options for reducing notoriety, I don't think that's exactly right.

Hmm. The game could definitely do with some more streamlining, making things more accessible and self-explanatory. It's not very difficult when you figure out what to do, but figuring that out could've been easier. It's very satisfying when you do get it right, but sometimes I'm just wandering around wondering what to do, and not in a good way.

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on September 07, 2011, 06:10:31 PM
Considering bribes are one of the post-mission options for reducing notoriety, I don't think that's exactly right.

Hmm. The game could definitely do with some more streamlining, making things more accessible and self-explanatory. It's not very difficult when you figure out what to do, but figuring that out could've been easier. It's very satisfying when you do get it right, but sometimes I'm just wandering around wondering what to do, and not in a good way.
Absolution is supposed to have that too. In fact, they're supposed to have different colored paths (aura-like things) that detail different possible routes. I don't know the whole of it yet.

Also, Sabby will be pleased. Arkham City has a new game plus mode, but it also makes the game more challenging when you have all the upgrades. Enemies have no alerts (like hard mode) and they're in different configurations and what not. It's not just a superficial HP boost.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Deus Ex : HR was made by the same people (I think) who did Arkham Asylum and are doing Arkham City. <3

Which is probably why I feel like the god damn Batman when I'm playing as Adam Jensen. @_@

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on September 07, 2011, 10:06:38 PM
Deus Ex : HR was made by the same people (I think) who did Arkham Asylum and are doing Arkham City. <3

Which is probably why I feel like the god damn Batman when I'm playing as Adam Jensen. @_@
Actually, I think Eidos is the publisher on this one, or at least the development house. Rocksteady are the people who actually make the Arkham games. Still, God-damn Batman all around.

Wolfy

oh yeah, that's true...but I think they were still swiping ideas..cause seriously..it feels like a batman game without batman. @_@ or a Batman Beyond Game.

@_@ Wait...Yes...YES.

Get the Deus Ex Team working on a Batman Beyond game. STAT.

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on September 07, 2011, 10:20:26 PM
oh yeah, that's true...but I think they were still swiping ideas..cause seriously..it feels like a batman game without batman. @_@ or a Batman Beyond Game.

@_@ Wait...Yes...YES.

Get the Deus Ex Team working on a Batman Beyond game. STAT.
I don't know if it had that big of a following. Though I really liked it. Especially since they were so careful not just instantly throw the Joker into it. They gave him a lot of his own villains to deal with.

Wolfy

Batman Beyond? It was a damn good show. o3o

Not like, Batman: The Animated Series Good, but still really, really good.

Sabby

It was Batman of the Future here... I dunno why we have to get everything with a different name. Burger King is Hungry Jack, Gamestop is EB Games, Wheres Waldo is Wally...

But yeah, Batman of the Future was my first thought for an Arkham Asylum sequel.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on September 08, 2011, 02:46:35 AM
It was Batman of the Future here... I dunno why we have to get everything with a different name. Burger King is Hungry Jack, Gamestop is EB Games, Wheres Waldo is Wally...

But yeah, Batman of the Future was my first thought for an Arkham Asylum sequel.
Actually, the U.S. has both GameStops and E.B. Games. EB bought out the former I think.

Anyway, more news about Dead Island. It has level scaling. I've been hearing horror stories all morning.

Sabby

Inkidu, Inkidu, we've been over this, Dead Island was never release, it was cancelled in 2007 and they moved on to Left 4 Dead Island: Tropical Borderlands.

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on September 08, 2011, 02:46:35 AM

And your toilets Flow backwards!

Also..I'll be getting Dead Island no matter what you say, Sabbs. It looks fun. <3

Sabby

LEFT 4 DEAD ISLAND: TROPICAL BORDERLANDS is a good game >.> I encourage you to get it. But before you do, you should know...

Not only is there Lightning and Fire Damage, represented by floating colour coded damage numbers, but there's also Water and Poison. Yes, zombies can drown.

Oniya

It's not that they drown, as much as it is that they get soggy and hard to light. ;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sabby

They can drown, be poisoned, and even killed by falling down the stairs... head injuries are not required. AREN'T ALTERNATE ZOMBIES GREAT?!

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on September 08, 2011, 09:13:53 AM
They can drown, be poisoned, and even killed by falling down the stairs... head injuries are not required. AREN'T ALTERNATE ZOMBIES GREAT?!

So I'll just pretend it's a murder simulator like Fox News Says.

What's not to love?

Oniya

The only way I can rationalize poison would be if it was a corrosive or a neurotoxin that paralyzes them.  Soggy bodies tend to fall apart faster, and falling down the stairs could cause head trauma.

I think lightning should make them stronger, though.  I mean, come on - it's the stock footage from every single Dr. Frankenstein movie set out there!  Electrocute a dead body and it becomes this inhumanly strong and persistent juggernaut!
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Sabby

Uhg, I am ready to strangle every person in this game. That is NOT an Australian accent >.<

I don't sound like that! I am very thirsty sir, not AWW MATE! UM SEWWW THEWSTY!

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on September 08, 2011, 10:12:17 AM
Uhg, I am ready to strangle every person in this game. That is NOT an Australian accent >.<

I don't sound like that! I am very thirsty sir, not AWW MATE! UM SEWWW THEWSTY!
What did I say? Enough bad Australian/New Zealand accents to piss of Sabby. :D

Electricity would be fairly useful against zombies because it works on the principle of interrupting muscles. Even if they can't feel pain this is just physiology.

(Little known fact: The details of resurrection in Frankenstein (book) were actually non-existent. Frankenstein literally says he won't tell the man he's tell the story too. Lightening was just what people thought it had to be at the time.)   

Hemingway

The new Call of Juarez released on Steam ... for 29.99€? When new releases from major publishers usually range from 49.99-59.99€? I don't know if that's a good sign.

Not that I want the game anyway.

My next game will be Space Marine. 'Cos I'm a Warhammer player. Unfortunately, I have lectures and work tomorrow, so I ... unless ...

Edit: As soon as I posted, my Terrible Game Sense started tingling, telling me "Call of Juarez got butchered by reviewers". Sure enough, it has, so far, a Metascore of, get this, 44. 44! In a world where anything below 70 is an awful game, 44 has got to be pretty atrocious. Unless it's a case of Reviewers Are Full Of Crap. Which it often is. Damn reviewers.

Sabby

I refuse to acknowledge that games existance. It's like that fucking Prince of Persia movie, video game art turned into generic crap.

Oniya

Quote from: Inkidu on September 08, 2011, 11:20:12 AM
(Little known fact: The details of resurrection in Frankenstein (book) were actually non-existent. Frankenstein literally says he won't tell the man he's tell the story too. Lightening was just what people thought it had to be at the time.)

That's why I specified the movies (and 'Dr.' Frankenstein - the monster was named Adam).  ;D  And you have to admit, Jacob's Ladders and Tesla coils make for some pretty special effects.

Although controlled amounts of electricity were used in the discovery of the electrical nature of brain-to-muscle impulses.  Current was applied to a freshly dead frog's leg, and the muscles twitched.

Inkidu

Left 4 Dead Island: Tropical Borderlands is at it again folks.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112870-Steam-User-Finds-Misogynistic-Joke-Buried-in-Dead-Island-Code-UPDATED

I'm waiting for the part where it causes male-pattern baldness.

Oniya

O_o

Buried in the code.  It's a variable name.  It doesn't show up in any game screen text.  From what I can read, you can't get it to display on any screen.  Someone had to hack into the code and read through it, line by line, in order to find it.

Life <  0

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on September 08, 2011, 05:07:38 PM
O_o

Buried in the code.  It's a variable name.  It doesn't show up in any game screen text.  From what I can read, you can't get it to display on any screen.  Someone had to hack into the code and read through it, line by line, in order to find it.

Life <  0
No he didn't. They accidentally shipped a developer build to Steam. With the press of a button he could look at the code running at any given time.