News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

So, how large is it?

Started by Lilias, December 26, 2012, 05:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neysha

Some of them I wasn't sure if I knew of them or not... like dirge. The only dirge I know is the DnD monster. So I checked it off I think. :p
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

meikle

Quote from: Neysha on May 26, 2013, 09:44:03 PM

Some of them I wasn't sure if I knew of them or not... like dirge. The only dirge I know is the DnD monster. So I checked it off I think. :p
A dirge is a funereal song (and now you know!)
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Oniya

Quote from: Neysha on May 26, 2013, 09:44:03 PM

If you're referring to the cat-sized mosquito thing, that's a stirge.  I remember them specifically because of an incident where our party opened a door in a dungeon, and a flock? swarm? of them flew out.  Realizing that they were all now outside the room, we ran in - and shut the door behind us.

(The GM hated us for that...)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Kristen

45,000 words. Apparently I've got a head full of useless information.

What's wrong with me? lol

- Kristen -
Ons/Offs | (NEW) Apologies and Absences

Skynet

Quote from: Kristen on May 26, 2013, 11:38:55 PM
45,000 words. Apparently I've got a head full of useless information.

What's wrong with me? lol

- Kristen -

Nothing at all.  If anything, a large database of words can only help you as a writer and speaker!

Be proud of your cranial storehouse of knowledge!

Neysha

Quote from: Oniya on May 26, 2013, 11:23:10 PM
If you're referring to the cat-sized mosquito thing, that's a stirge.  I remember them specifically because of an incident where our party opened a door in a dungeon, and a flock? swarm? of them flew out.  Realizing that they were all now outside the room, we ran in - and shut the door behind us.

(The GM hated us for that...)

Well thanks to meikle I now know it's something else!  Woohoo results are kinda intact... not really.
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Caden

I was saddened by my score of 23,600. I need to read more!
My sci-fi CYOA story: In The Wizard's Shadow

Oniya

Quote from: Neysha on May 27, 2013, 06:27:53 AM
Well thanks to meikle I now know it's something else!  Woohoo results are kinda intact... not really.

Well, now you know two words in place of having the wrong definition for one.  Vocab is going up!  ;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

MultiCharacterRoleplay

25,300 words is about mine.

O.O wow thats a lot more than I thought it would be >.>

alextaylor

23,600 words! Haha, not bad for a non-native speaker, I think  O8)
O/O

Kevben Battleheart

21,000 words

Hmmmm. I think I need to read a bit more, and that's including the dictionary. Honestly thought I knew more words than that with how much I read.
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

Katiana

36,000 words, *buries her head back in her book* Reading, that's what does it.

Lord Pendragon

25,500 words. Not bad for a non-native speaker, I like to think. :)

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Inkidu

44,800 Native speaker with a degree in English. ::)

My functional vocabulary is probably a lot less.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

insearchof33333

I am dismayed. I too am a native speaker with a degree in English. Guess I better start doing a new word a day or the Reader's Digest Vocabulary section better get harder.

words

Sweet Chaos

34,900 was my score. Perhaps...I should considering reading more books...hmmm...
"You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength."
                                            --Marcus Aurelius

Lovely Item

35,900... I'd thought I'd do a bit better, somehow, and when I was younger, I might have... Maybe.

Lovely Item

Sara Nilsson

words

not bad considering it isnt my native language and I am somewhat challenged when it comes to reading and writing.

EnglishMaster

38,800, hm...

It's like a chap worrying about his, y'know, virility...ok it's large but is it large enough?

Synecdoche17

Thirty-six thousand!

Uh, I guess that makes me pretty average in this crowd.
A book, a woman, and a flask of wine: /The three make heaven for me; it may be thine / Is some sour place of singing cold and bare — / But then, I never said thy heaven was mine.

Ons & Offs, Stories in Progress, and Story Ideas
Absences and Apologies

Dominant Beast

Damn I need to learn more vocabulaory.

ROFL!!!

steelsmiter

Quote from: Dim Hon on December 26, 2012, 06:12:35 PM
Your total vocabulary size is estimated to be:
words

Wuuurrrrdssss
You little fart (I just realized I shouldn't use the other word I originally put here, even though it was a joke)... 31,000 wuuurrrrdssss for me
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

lunarbunny

Total size was 24,500. there are so many words i dont kno! that last column was pretty harsh.