A crazy variation on the "Running man" - NC-E Freeform

Started by RedEve, February 15, 2009, 10:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

For those of you who don't remember the 1980s Schwarzenegger vehicle "The Running man", here's a short recap:

It was a sci-fi tale set in a dystopian future, where prisoners had the chance to take part in a game called the running man, in which the "winners" were said to regain their freedom. The game revolved around a series of confrontations with WWF-like hunters, whose job it was to finish off the contestants. The contestants simply had to try and survive.

What I had in mind is both similar but at the same time very different: it would take place on a futuristic penal colony for women, somewhere in deep space. Those prisoners brave enough could volunteer to feature in one of the galaxy's hit "TV" shows, "The Hunt".
The contestants would be dropped in a gated zone on the planet's surface, and if they reached a certain point in that zone within a fixed time limit, they would regain their freedom. The catch was that just like in the Running man, there were hunters. Some of them were male prisoners from a nearby male prison. Others were cyborgs specifically designed for the task by the shows producers. But both operated under the same rules: the women were not to be killed, but instead when captured had to perform a series of sexual acts (which could be decided interactively by the viewers). Once they had performed those acts, they were released again, and given a head start. The game ended either when the contestant reached the "freedom point" or when her time to do so ran out.

I'm looking both for women to play the "contestants" and men and women who want to play the male prisoners or the sex robots designed by the show's production company. I'd GM, and perhaps later one I'd participate as one of the contestants myself.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Prefect Mos

Count me in as one of the Males, Perhaps part of the show is that the Home audience gets to vote for a MVP on the Male side that also gets set free, as well as a LVP on both sides, got to get some executions in there somehow!

Foxy

I would love to play a contestant.  I do remember the movie sort of. Would there be a most valuable woman?

Prefect Mos

Having a hard time thinking of what the most valuble woman would get in that scenario .... since there could be more then one woman that got out...

RedEve

Actually, the odds would be heavily stacked against the women participating, very rarely would one make it to the designated point in time to be released. But since all of the women are serving life sentences, they still find more than enough willing to try.

RedEve

Foxy, you can consider yourself the first contestant.

I'm going to give some other people some time to join up, but if you two like, we could start this thing up fairly quickly. I can just fill out the cast myself with some NPC hunters next to Admer's character.

Prefect Mos

Name: James Dawson. AKA the Bloody Captain.

Crime: Sentenced to life for Crimes against Humanity. 

History. Mr. Dawson was conscripted into the ranks of the Empire at an early age, but it was late in the Empires history, It was already waning, and they were resorting to desperate measures. Training there soldiers to be blood thirsty sycophants.  And though it wasnt in his nature, They programed the bright Dawson well, rasing quickly through the ranks , spreading fear amongst worlds with his name. He rarely killed any one, what use was a dead person, instead he left them alive to be testaments to uncaring ways of the empire. He wasnt a man without knowledge or heart.. he was doing what he thought was right at the time. Up till he knew the empire would loose its war, He took his Ship, and turned his entire crew in to the authorities to be tried for there crimes. Some only were forced to go through pacification, there were many calls for Dawsons death .. but instead he was given a life sentance as he was only following orders.

Fame: Considered to be Class B household name. Most have heard of him but dont know the details.

Looks. Tall Dark Handsome . Cold eyes, sleeked black hair, lithe, few scars or battle marks. Kept mostly in solitary so no prison markings either.

Foxy

I will work up something and post it. Do you have a thread yet set up?

RedEve

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=30543.0

Game thread is here.

I'd like you to post the first reply Foxy, from the perspective of your character. Assume that Monica chose you from the list Tony gave her.

Duchess

omg....this is sick out

its intriguing and scary at the same time...need to think  before i apply..

Lithos

Hmm... I might be quite interested in this one, specially the possibility to play a cyborg is appealing, of course depending on level of (organic or artificial) intelligence and other benefits / limitations.
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Duchess

can you give a more detailed explanation of the gated zone on the planet's surface or pictures..would it be a labyrinth like thing or a closed area with buildings or a plain forest?

RedEve

Most of it is a desolate desert. There are some patches of green here and there, and a few long-abandoned buildings.
The game area itself is around 750 square miles. It's more or less a 30x25 mile square of terrain. It was specifically selected because possible hiding places are few and far between.

The contestants have to travel on foot, whilst some of the Hunters have access to vehicles. The entire game area is also monitored by satellite by the game directors. If a contestant does too good a job of evading the Hunters, they will eventually assist the Hunters in finding her.

RedEve

Quote from: Lithos on February 15, 2009, 12:45:04 PM
Hmm... I might be quite interested in this one, specially the possibility to play a cyborg is appealing, of course depending on level of (organic or artificial) intelligence and other benefits / limitations.

The cyborgs are sex bots. They are designed specifically for this show. I'm going to leave the details of their appearance down to the players, but just take these two criteria in mind:
- They have to be able to hunt down an individual on rough terrain.
- Once captured, they have to be able to perform sexual acts on their prisoner.

Foxy

Here is my character. Do we start with clothing or not?

Karen Collins grew up a very free spirit. Her parents where scientist’s who traveled the world doing research in ruins. Karen knew how to creep around and loved to explore places.  The biggest thing she valued though was her freedom. She loved moving constantly and never living in the same place for very long. She had was constantly driven by her curiosity in search of new things.

When she was barely 18, she and her parents where visiting the underground ruins of an ancient city.  They had set up their base of operations in the top floor of an old building.  They were slowly working their way down though the floors when Karen thought she found signs of life which her parents and the other two scientist brushed off, everyone knew this site had been long abandoned. 

One night, she found some old bottle of wine and her curiosity would not rest till she had tasted it.  She had found a dozen bottles and figured one would not be missed.  She opened it and took a few sips and her head began to spin. Suddenly she saw some strange men sneaking around as she fell unconscious.   

When she woke up, she was laying on the ground naked, with blood all over her and a knife in her hands.  As she woke up, she looked around, seeing her parents laying dead with knife wounds all over them.  Then as she staggered around, she found the two scientists, dead and dismembered, with parts missing.  In the ensuing trail, she was convicted of murder and cannibalism. She constantly proclaimed her innocence, not remembering anything.  She was sent off to prison as criminal insane.  She was well know as the crime made the news for days and the trial was televised.

She was friendly and outgoing before.  She is a beautiful tall woman with long dark hair that hangs down to her waist. She has a slim buxom build with long legs.  She a dark complexion like she is well tanned from being outside, which she has not been for a while.  She constantly looks sad, not knowing what really happened and not being able to forget. She is flexible and quick, relying on that to escape any dangers. Since being in prison, she has been let alone as people think she is crazy. 

RedEve

The contestants exchange their orange prison get-ups for skin-tight latex outfits that leave little to the imagination before they are set loose in the Game zone.

To give you an idea of how you should start out: a futuristic transport ship takes the women out into the Game zone. They are dropped in a random spot, and they are given a map where their current position and their target position is indicated on. They have a timer on their wrist that indicates how much time they have left to reach the target. The minimum distance between their start position and the target is always 20 miles.

The Game always starts at the beginning of the night. So it's dark when you are dropped in the thick of things. You have half an hour to roam freely before the Hunters are released into the Game zone themselves.

RedEve

Bump. Now that Roxy has posted, it's time to introduce the Hunters. Admer, it's time to bring James into play. After you've posted, I'll introduce some of the NPC hunters.

Sonja

I'd like to play as a prisoner as well.  A slim, bookish girl in prison for writing dissident literature.

RedEve

That's fine, could you write a short bio for her in here?

Sonja

Carol had always been the quiet child growing up, but her mind was always analyzing, always running through a hurricane of thoughts.  While other girls could be kept content with each season's new fashions and cosmetics, Carol had ignored those things and actually looked at the world around her.  This competition for freedom among the prisoners was but one symptom of a totalitarian government, beholden only to the corporate interests of those who could profit off the suffering of others.  As she had learned more, Carol began to attend meetings and rallies of dissident political groups.  Her mind was put to work writing pamphlets and literature against the government.  Her work brought her great notoriety in the resistance movement but also great attention from the police and one night guards came to her room and took her away.  The innocent, shy girl had been a virgin when she was taken to jail but she quickly became a piece of barter inside the joint.  Her time in jail has taken her innocence and idealism and replaced it with brooding fatalism.  This contest has given her one glimmer of hope to escape and reclaim her past life.

Foxy

thewhiterabbit

I actually like this idea. I'd be interested in throwing together a female character- not too sure what yet though I'm leaning towards some sort of murderer.