Historical Romance (F seeking M)

Started by Caldawen, September 25, 2017, 07:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldawen

PM ME IF INTERESTED

Era: American Civil War-esk (Technically, fictional war period but you get the basic idea).
MC: Female-Irish-British-French Noble (I know it sounds complicated but read below for the full explanation) in her mid-twenties.
YC: An Irish single-father whose wife died in the war. He is a rebel upstart
Plot:

For 13 years Ireland and England have been locked in a war that has left most large towns in rubble and many dead. YC was a sergeant in the Irish militia. During a large battle he is shot in the leg and the arm. These wounds, and many others, caused him to no longer be able to fight. Upon returning home he discovered that the majority of his small town was reduced to dirt. His own home is burned to the ground. At the local cemetery he finds a grave stone with his wifes name on it. The nuns at the local parish took in your baby (you my choose the gender). You have never met your child until that moment, and only knew of the babes existence because the parish’s preacher wrote a letter to him on his wifes behalf telling him of the childs birth (nine months after he left). Having his commander read it to him he was overjoyed. Now he only wished that he had met his child under other circumstances.

5 Years Later
18 years the war between the two nations raged and finally has come to a conclusion. England will return the Irish land slowly over ten years. In return, England will get exclusive trading rights and Ireland will pay for the damages in England. The only catch is that if a rebellion were to ensue in Ireland during those ten years, then Ireland was under English control once more (the entire nation). The English, were beating on the Irish temper. YC is infuriated with the injustice of the treaty and slowly builds up a following. YC plans to strike at the English aristocrats who are allowed to keep their homes and their English/Irish titles. The children of the current noble class would then become Irish nobility. That fact vexed YC even more. In response YC comes to work for one of the larger noble establishments in Ireland MC fathers estate.

MC, unbeknownst to yours, is in-love with her birthplace, Ireland. However, if one were to look at her father and younger sister, one would believe them to be high-pretentious nobility. At first YC and MC clash, but soon something more develops. An unrisistable attraction emerges between the two of conflicting classes. As noble men from varying countries come to court her, MC finds herself more and more wanting to spend time with YC. The only problem, that MC knows of, is their differences in society. YC, however, is struggling all the more. Now he has to choose between the cause he has dedicated his life too and the woman he may not have. To make matters worse another handsome suitor has thrown his hat into the ring, and he is very hard to resist.

I am willing to shift things and I love merging ideas together. It’s a sort of Poldark themed. It’s a romance of hot friction between the two characters. With constant wants and longings, the two will eventually be overcome and give in to their passions.

Disclaimer:
I am Dysgraphic which is a motor neuron disability that effects the motor output of my hands. It also effects spelling and grammar. I do most if not all of my writing on Word which compensates for the majority of my errors. My content is always excellent and descriptions are in-depth.