News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Next Avatar

Started by apygoos, September 22, 2014, 12:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apygoos

So while we have yet to reach the conclusion of Korra's story in The Legend of Korra, this idea came form me wanting to play an OC Avatar. This though of course prompts the possibility of a good small group game. how so? well you might have guessed it, a new Team Avatar. what I'm interested to see if maybe four or five people would be interested in this role-play/collaborative story. Character building, world building, that's all part of it.
This will be an Avatar world about 18-25 years after Korra has passed on, so you might be able to take a guess how old the new Avatar might be~ I'm not quite sure where in his avatar journey he would be, but as we all know, friends help it quite a bit ;)

Name:
Bending arts/sub bending style [if applicable]:
Personality traits:
History:
Connections:[IC character connections with others/thoughts of others, can be added to over the course of the RP]
CharacterImages:

MaiMizzu

I think this sounds fun. Ill prolly join as a chi blocker.
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

apygoos

chi blockers can be fun~
anyone else out there?

Juggtacular

I'll join with a character I had in another Avatar rp. Badass Earthbender who I'd like to be a child of Toph or Lin if that's possible.

apygoos

if you were the child of Lin youd be something like in your fifties or so. granddaughter would put you more around the same age as the avatar [if thats what you were going for.]

Juggtacular

My mind was still on the other rp when I put that up. Yeah a grandson of Lin or Suyin.

apygoos

that sounds good, hopefully we get more interest.

zergmuncher

Love the Idea Apy, I could step in and be your fire bender! :D Since fire is my element and I love it's destructive capabilities I think i'd do very well at playing a fire-bender.

catherinehellfire

I wouldn't mind joining this.  I'd love to try a water bender.
If sex was a roller-coaster, I'd ride it over and over again.

Absences: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=261213.0

apygoos

apygoos

well while interest is still trickling in I should make a few things clear.
While it is in fact an RP, I view it as a collaborative writing between us. This Game I want to go very long term, and really get to dive deep into the world we create.
where I'm at in my own characters construction is:
He is a 23 year old earth nation boy, born to a firebending father and an earth bender mother. Very similar to Korra, he demonstrated great aptitude in bending his parents elements, already being a master earth bender that many compare to the Beifong bloodline. Soon enough he had to begin his travels to learn to master the elements. His father taught him the basics of firebending, but told him of a place in the Fire nation to seek out a stronger master that might better handle the power of the avatar [a few other reasons too, but id rather that  come out in RP]. Airbending is his challenge and he took several years mastering. I am considering making his story pick up either at the tail end of his Airbending training, or he just then "mastered" airbending, and now takes the next step to learn water bending.
alot of this is subject to change and/or expansion. this is just where I am currently.

MaiMizzu

I need you guys' advice, since takun isn't being useful (glareglare!)
Should I play a chi blocking warrior badass type, like the kind that can hold her own or beat most benders? Or should i play an air nomad? I got the basic char figured out, like look and personality. Just need to figure this out..
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Juggtacular

I was thinking of an Earthbender descended from Toph. Either Lin or Suyin's grandson, and he is the current "prodigy" of the Beifong's, able to utilize all the sub-sets of Earthbending due to natural talent and a lifetime of training. Maybe he and the Avatar could be friends, and the reason he's so often compared to the Beifong's is that he and my character spar all the time or something.

Saiyuri

I'm very interested in this game. I, like the familiar face I see in here (hey Jugg!) was part of another avatar game that has since died down.

If possible/allowed I would like to play an air nomad! Or if that spot is already taken, a fire bender!  :-)

Juggtacular

Hey Saiyuri! Maybe we'll actually get to rp this time, lol.  XD

Saiyuri

Quote from: Juggtacular on September 27, 2014, 02:41:00 PM
Hey Saiyuri! Maybe we'll actually get to rp this time, lol.  XD

Oh I hope so! You're writing style is exquisite!  And it would be so much fun to play an Avatar game!! ;D The new season is supposed to start in October I heard! Is that true??

Juggtacular

Yeah. It's starting next month. And yours ain't too shabby either.  XD ;D

Saiyuri

Quote from: Juggtacular on September 27, 2014, 02:57:53 PM
Yeah. It's starting next month. And yours ain't too shabby either.  XD ;D

Woot! Can't wait! And thank you!  :-[
I hope apygoos approves my character.  :-)

apygoos

I will hopefully have a sheet up soon for everyone to use.

apygoos

Quote from: Saiyuri on September 27, 2014, 02:46:04 PM
Oh I hope so! You're writing style is exquisite!  And it would be so much fun to play an Avatar game!! ;D The new season is supposed to start in October I heard! Is that true??
next Friday it starts, i linked the trailer in an above post.

Saiyuri

Quote from: apygoos on September 27, 2014, 03:43:14 PM
next Friday it starts, i linked the trailer in an above post.

Oooo! I hope it's as awesome as the last book! I wonder what they're gonna do with Korra now?

apygoos

http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/korra-book-4-trailer-89471257.html
here's the link to the trailer
and I have posted the sheet template in the original post.

Saiyuri

Awesome! Thank you so much!
Here's my possible character sheet if the air nomad idea is okay :)

Name: Mei Yun (Which means Beautiful Cloud)

Nationality: Earth Nation

Bending arts/sub bending style [if applicable]: Air bending

Personality traits: Mei Yun is a sweet girl; kindhearted, quiet, and calm. As a pacifistic she would rather talk out disagreements than fight or be part of a confrontation. She also loves to meet and make new friends with people, spirits, and animals alike! (Brief Bio: Standing at 5 feet 8 inches she weighs approximately 120 lbs. She is physically fit and has great flexibility and agility. Her hair is a short pixy cut style the color of snow. Her eyes that of faded jade, warm and always happy. She wears the customary colors of the air nomads; garb consisting of yellows, oranges, and reds.  Also, on her left wrist she bears a tattoo of the air nation emblem of the spiral orb.)

History: Mei has been an orphan her whole life. Growing up with nothing she was accustom to not owning any worldly possessions and being in solitude. As a child she loved hearing stories about the avatar before she and the other children would be put to bed. Fascinated by the air nomad culture, Mei would get her hands on every book she could find to learn more about them. Soon she became well versed in air nation culture, history, and habits and around age 4 found she had the abilities of an air bender. Mei spent most of her energy trying to become one with the spirit world through meditation and practicing her air bending. Through her rigorous meditation sessions she developed a strong bond with the spirits that inhabited the world. Her dream has always been to travel to the air temples but her ties to the Earth Nation has always kept her grounded. Wanting to give back to her former place of residence, Mei has been teaching the current orphans how to read and write since the passing of her former instructor. 

Connections: Possible connection with Jugg's character? That's up to him though. Otherwise, no connections :)

CharacterImages:

Juggtacular

Name: Lu Ten Beifong
Nationality: Earth Nation
Bending arts/sub bending style [if applicable]: Earthbender (Metalbender, Lavabender, Sandbender)
Personality traits: Lu Ten seems to have inherited a mixture of personalities between his grandmother(Lin), grand aunt(Suyin), and great grandmother(Toph). During training or combat situations, he mostly maintains a very serious demeanor, trying his hardest to overcome the situation. At times though he'll slip out a joke or do something silly in the middle of a fight. Outside of training though, it's very easy to see Toph in him, and he's just a joker who likes to have fun. And his dedication to family and friends is unwavering. He'd die to save any one of his friends if it was necessary.

History: While many thought it wouldn't happen because she was too dedicated to her job and too tough, Lin Beifong finally found a husband who accepted and loved her for who she was; a man named Fong who'd come from Zaofu to join the Republic City police force after seeing Lin in action during the attack by Zaheer and the Inner Circler of the Red Lotus. He quickly worked his way up and caught her attention. They began to spend time together and it wasn't long before they fell for one another.

After a few years, Lin got pregnant. She and Fong remained in Republic City and started a family, and Lin opened her own branch of the Beifong School of Earthbending after retiring from the Police Force. She and Fong raised their kids in a loving, yet somewhat strict environment. And their youngest, Shang, set out on his own when he was 18 to see the world. It's clear he got that from somebody in their family. He finally settled down years later, and he had a son he named Lu Ten in honor of Iroh's friendship with Toph.

Lu Ten was born with a rare form of Albinism that caused him to have white hair and red eyes, but his family didn't love him any less. Lu Ten from a young age heard countless stories of Great-Grandma Toph, Grandma Lin, and Auntie Suyin; even stories about Opal and the others. This caused him to want to make his family proud, so he trained and trained and trained since childhood to make them proud of him. It turns out he was a prodigy, and soon became known far and wide for his mastery over seemingly all forms of Earthbending as he grew. He participated in tournaments across the globe, and even took his Pro-Bending team, the Beifong Bruisers to two championships.

(I'll edit his story once I work out how he and the Avatar are going to meet, or if they already know each other)

Connections:[IC character connections with others/thoughts of others, can be added to over the course of the RP]

CharacterImages:

MaiMizzu

Name: Akari

Nationality: Water Tribe

Bending arts/sub bending style [if applicable]: Water Bending

Personality traits: Akari is a very caring, very compassionate young woman. Her friends sometimes call her the ‘mother hen fish’ type. She does worry, but she also knows how to have fun. She is always cheerful, and always trying to look on the bright side of things. Even when things seem their bleakest, she seeks the positive. She is a very talented Water Bender, one of the strongest of the Southern Water Tribe. She is good in a fight, often finding inventive ways to come out on top.

History: Akari was born in the Southern Water Tribe to Takret (mother) and Nilak (father). Before she could even walk she showed signs of being a Water Bender. And by age 6, she had become the most talented of the Water Bending apprenticesin her age group. Her life growing up wasn’t anything out of the ordinary, really. She is an only child, but her parents didn’t want to spoil her. They taught her the value of hard work, of being a responsible part of her village. She has dabbled in the healing arts, but it’s something she still needs a lot of training in.

Connections: None Yet

Character Images: