Ok, so I was wondering, what does Elliquiy consider a One Shot exactly?

Started by Esoterica, November 23, 2018, 09:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esoterica

I think I may have been misusing the term. Could someone explain? Is it just a short story between two members, or am I totally off here?
"The image ALT here""The image ALT here"

Beguile's Mistress

At the top of the form is this explanation:

QuoteOne shots can be any number of things: a way to try out a fetish that you're not sure you'll like, a short roleplay that doesn't require much planning or commitment (in terms of time), or a chance to write out a scene inspired by a picture.

A One Shot is more like a short story than a complete role play.  You and your partner can complete the piece in a short number of posts rather than try to write an entire novella or novel length story.

Esoterica

Ok, so I see I had the basic idea. Thanks for the clarification. Funny I have been on here as long as I have, and I never saw the explanation in the forum. Lol.
"The image ALT here""The image ALT here"

Beguile's Mistress

Glad I could help.  It took me a while to find those clarifications at the top of the forums, too.  Good luck with finding partners and stories. :-)

Nachtmahr

I also believe you can contact staff to have a project moved from One-Shot's to a more fitting category if you find that you and your partner(s) want to keep the story going beyond that short sequence of events you wanted to explore. :)
~Await the Dawn With Her Kiss of Redemption, My Firebird!~
~You Were the Queen of the Souls of Man Before There Was the Word~

Mirrah

Quote from: Nachtmahr on November 23, 2018, 12:12:43 PM
I also believe you can contact staff to have a project moved from One-Shot's to a more fitting category if you find that you and your partner(s) want to keep the story going beyond that short sequence of events you wanted to explore. :)

You totally can. :D
"Dream... not of what you are... but of what you want to be." - Margulis
Status: Closed. Semi Hiatus. | Have you taken care of yourself today?