News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Adrift in Space (Closed to New Players)

Started by kckolbe, October 16, 2013, 08:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phaia

i wanted to let everyone know that i am removing zara the socialator as a character...i came to realize she did not have a job that was critical for the survival of everyone and was probally there for flavor and some harmless distraction

i will see about building someone that will fill a role critcial to the story perhaps another political type from a planetary goverment or maybe a buisness leader that steps up to lead

i can always build a civilian star ship pilot as well

anyway i still think this is a great idea and will get someone else ready to helpout

phaia

kckolbe

Either of those roles work.  Personally, I think it would be interesting for the captain of the main civilian ship to be a PC.  The business leader has potential as well.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Phaia

i am gonna be busy with a 3 year old today so will not have much time to work out something..also have to do some reshifting of mindsets

i will give it a rethink an see what comes up

phaia

Kythia

I was also thinking that a police officer, or some sort of civilian law enforcement at least, is something we're lacking.

kckolbe

Good idea, Kythia.  I remember thinking of that at some point, but then forgot again.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Chaeronea

Quote from: kckolbe on October 19, 2013, 11:02:23 AM
There will be rumors, but nothing confirmed.

Probably panicked speculation along the lines of 'How could the Cylons get past the Fleet so easily?" (Don't be surprised if there's also speculation about Stealth Raiders and even more weirdness - imagine the wildest Area 51 rumours crossed with Cylon rumours and that's a starting point.)

Quote from: Phaia on October 19, 2013, 12:02:19 PM
i wanted to let everyone know that i am removing zara the socialator as a character...i came to realize she did not have a job that was critical for the survival of everyone and was probally there for flavor and some harmless distraction

i will see about building someone that will fill a role critcial to the story perhaps another political type from a planetary goverment or maybe a buisness leader that steps up to lead

i can always build a civilian star ship pilot as well

anyway i still think this is a great idea and will get someone else ready to helpout

phaia

Was this reaction just because I didn't reply when you mentioned that Zara would like Sam? Am I responsible for this?  :-(   

Kidding!  XD

Seriously I didn't see anything wrong with Zara's character concept. With many disparate groups making up the survivors within our fleet there's going to be a lot of demand for someone who can present each side's case and negotiate compromises (look at the episode 'Dirty Hands' for an example). But if you want t change her around that's your call.

arkhos

Quote from: Chaeronea on October 19, 2013, 05:26:21 PM
Seriously I didn't see anything wrong with Zara's character concept. With many disparate groups making up the survivors within our fleet there's going to be a lot of demand for someone who can present each side's case and negotiate compromises (look at the episode 'Dirty Hands' for an example). But if you want t change her around that's your call.

I have to agree 100%. I thought the character was fine, well-thought out, and as long as the GM was ok with it, I fully believe you should play what you want.

If you and/or the GM think you should change around, that's up to you guys of course.

-ark
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Scribbles

I liked Zara too, I could see her becoming critical to maintaining the mental stability of the ship's crew, kind of like a ship's psychologist except with a gentler touch and a lot more influence than most would realize.

That said, I'm excited to see what Phaia will come up with for her more politically based character.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

RubySlippers

And she could have run for President social magnetism and working connections can go a long way.

Scribbles

I decided to bite the bullet and submit a secondary character. I’m almost done with the history and I just need to work a little on her motive, which seems somewhat shallow at the moment. Otherwise, all I really need is to know how many points I’m allowed since I know it’s less than a main character.

Personal Details –
Name: Vivian Fox
Height: 5’7”
Weight: 129lbs
Homeworld: Caprica

Rank and Role -
Role: Diplomat

History – Work in Progress…

Stats –
Agility: 2
Athletics: 2
Awareness: 3 (+1)
Cunning:  4 (+4)
Deception:  3 (+1)
*Act: 1
*Bluff: 1
Endurance:  2
Fighting:  2
Knowledge:  2
Marksmanship:  2
Mechanics:  2
Medical:  2
Persuasion:  3 (+1)
*Convince: 3
*Charm: 3
Reflexes:  2
Stealth:  2
Survival:  2
Thievery:  2
Warfare:  2
Will:  4 (+4)

Merits:
Attractive:
Attractiveness is relative. As long as you maintain an air of confidence and a tidy appearance you’ll find you can catch the eye of near any prospective mate - Vivian
(Reroll 1's on all Persuasion tests)

Authority:
When trying to force others to submit, I often find that rank and position are secondary to simply looking and sounding the part. The key is to project your importance rather than actually be important - Vivian
(Reduce disposition penalties to Persuasion by 2)

Famous:
My fame is a testament to the fickle nature of the masses - Vivian
(For Persuasion tests involving Charm or Seduction, Charm and Seduction dice up to your Status Rank are converted to test dice.  You also have a minus Status rank to all Stealth tests.)

Flaws:
Supreme Arrogance:
I’ve yet to meet a challenge I can’t talk my way out of, or at least convince some unfortunate soul to deal with – Vivian
(-2D on Awareness tests, but +1D to resist intimidation)

Haughty:
You know the system is broken when the only way to get things done is to genuflect to the common rabble – Vivian
(-1D on all Awareness tests involving Empathy.  Also your starting disposition with anyone below your Status is at least Dislike)

Destiny Points – Zero
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

kckolbe

While I liked Zara (especially the image ~grins~) and the nemesis aspect between her and Hannah, I was becoming increasingly uncomfortable with the portrayal of socialators in general society.  I felt that the concept was giving too much power to the character for free.  In short, it was pretty much my fault.

Scribbles, secondary characters receive 3 fewer ability points, but everything else is the same.  So she would have 15 points, but still 8 specialties.

Intro Thread

Phaia

I wanted to thank everyone that here in the thread and in pms have said they liked zara a lot. Thanks also for the ideas forwarded to help make her better able to fit within the story

i am considering the various suggestions offered though i invested a lot into the concept for zara so i need some time to look at the options

phaia

kckolbe

I have decided to remove Phaia from the game.  I spoke with Silver and we both agreed that while her comments in OOC showed a willingness to cooperate, her recent PMs have not. 

Intro Thread

Kythia

Well, I'm sorry it came to that.  For what it's worth though, thanks to yourself and Silver.  Doing something like that is never a fun step to take but I think it bodes well for the game that it's something you (and she) are willing to do to make sure its fun.

RubySlippers

I'm going to do a second character a capable smuggler one of those stealthy types that well is good on blockade running and dirty tactics. Will have a ship but not big likely a one man cargo ship with room for a co-pilot. And a decent fighter for a cargo carrier. I'm thinking a first Cylon War colonial raptor hull and lots of personal add-ons with what could be acquired. If its like the series a good smuggler could be damned useful. If that is okay and a more action character could be more useful.

Phaia

everyone have a good time i will follow the story and root for the survivors

good luck fly straight

watch you six

phaia

kckolbe

Thank you, it was a difficult decision, and thanks for the well wishes, Phaia. 

Ruby, would you be interested in your character being part of the Civilian Defense Force?

Intro Thread

RubySlippers

Well the Colonial Fleet wouldn't want the character but a pardon by the current leader of the CDF for being under their blanket would work. Not that her ship would be awesome in a fight it relies on stealth and sneak attacks and dirty tricks.

kckolbe

Well, we'll play it by ear once you get something up.

Intro Thread

HeavenAbove

Well here goes nothing..

Name:  Kayson R. Bennett
    Nicknames: Kay, or his call sign “Torch”
Appearance: Blonde hair, blue eyes, muscular build
Height: – 6’2”
Weight: – 215 lbs
Military Rank: Captain
Homeworld: Caprica

Personality: He is a lighthearted type of guy, he loves to joke around. He knows there is a time and place for jokes though. You won’t find many others with his level of dedication to being a pilot. He is selfless and charming, which often leads him into trouble that he doesn’t want. Kayson can be quite stubborn, he has to figure things out on his own. He isn’t going to ask for help unless it’s absolutely necessary. He usually likes to spend his time in the company of others. However, if you find him alone chances are it’s for a good reason. He doesn’t forgive easily, but he doesn’t hold a grudge either. He is incredibly courageous, the guy will go out of his way to have someone else’s back.

Background: Born and raised on Caprica, Kayson is an only child to parents who seemingly overachieved at everything. They pushed him to excel at academics from a young age. Kayson was always interested in playing sports for a living, but his mother talked him into joining the military right out of school. She told him it would help Kayson find some direction in his life. He tested well and decided to give flight school a try. He was a natural when it came to the simulator, but transferring over everything into real flying proved to be a little more difficult for him. Nerves got the better of him on his first two real flights, but Kayson studied hard, overcame his nerves and settled into flying toward the middle of his course. He eventually graduated and went on to combat training where he excelled much easier from the start.

Kayson is a skilled viper pilot despite not having much field or combat experience. He overcompensates for his lack of experience with enthusiasm and willingness to learn and follow orders. 

Stats:
Agility - 3
Athletics - 3
Awareness – 4
    *Notice - 1
Cunning – 2
Deception - 2
Endurance – 4
    *Stamina - 1
Fighting - 2
Knowledge- 3
Marksmanship – 3
    *Starfighter - 1
Mechanics - 2
Medical - 2
Persuasion - 2
Reflexes – 4
    *Starfighter - 2
Status – 2
Stealth - 2
Survival – 3
    *Orientation - 1
Thievery - 2
Warfare – 2
Will – 3
    *Dedication - 2

Merits:
Am I supposed to have any?

Flaws:
Childhood Disease

kckolbe

Who is the actor?  He looks like Ryan Reynolds mixed with Ray Liotta.  I like it.  Character looks good.  Merits are optional, after all.

Intro Thread

arkhos

Quote from: kckolbe on October 19, 2013, 11:15:59 PM
Who is the actor?  He looks like Ryan Reynolds mixed with Ray Liotta.  I like it.  Character looks good.  Merits are optional, after all.

I think that's Chris Hemsworth..
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

HeavenAbove

Kythia

Yeah, it's Chris.  I, errrr, I consider myself kinda an expert on Chris Hemsworth