Shoutbox & Smartphones

Started by DarklingAlice, April 20, 2010, 08:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarklingAlice

So, I love my BlackBerry Bold. And I am consistently impressed by the ease with which it can navigate the forums (I am, in fact, writing this on it right now).

However, if there is a way to access the shoutbox with my limited browsing capability, I have been unable to find it. Does anyone have any suggestions?
For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, elegant, and wrong.

Vekseid

https://elliquiy.com/forums/chat/

I know some phones can make use of the shoutbox as is but not sure what or which models : / Way too broke to own one to test with, really.

HockeyGod

The chat site for the SB works great on a Palm Pre  ;D

Trieste

My Curve smooshes the graphics together when I go to that URL. I have yet to find a way to use the SB on my Blackberry other than switching to full forum mode and using it up at the top of the forum, which is just not really a viable option for me.

DarklingAlice

It looks like I am in the same boat as Trieste. Oh well, it was more curiosity than anything else. Thanks for the help everyone.
For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, elegant, and wrong.

Blitzy

I can't test it at the moment but I believe my phone (LG EnV Touch) was able to access the SB at the top of the page. I could see people posting in there, it was just small on my screen. I never tried to actually type in it and communicate though. I use Verizon, not sure if that makes a difference. But I could see the SB scrolling along as I browsed E.
One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.