News:

Main Menu

American Gods!

Started by TheGlyphstone, May 01, 2017, 03:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

So I watched the first episode tonight, and I gotta say I'm impressed. The CGI was a little jarring at times, and I think Shadow's actor has a tendency to mumble, but Ian McShane is a downright fantastic Wednesday.

Who else is going to be watching this? Thoughts?

HairyHeretic

I really enjoyed the book, so I would certainly give the show a look.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

wigglebiscuit

I'm loving it so far. I loved the book and have been anticipating the show for some time now. Shadow is hot, and I normally don't go for muscles. I'm really hoping someone will do a group game!

Callie Del Noire

Tried to do stuff set in the universe a while back and screwed it up..
Needs a better writer than me. :D

Callie Del Noire

I love the show.. Cloris Leachman was a blast. :D

I pretty much lover any charcter that has shown up so far.

Keidance

I am loving the show almost as much as I loved the book, which says a lot for me! I think they have managed to capture  just the right balance between the story and the imagery to make it really spark.

And almost every actor they have gotten has seemed so suited to their roles. I gotta agree, I am pretty much in love with about every character that has shown up, because each one has really latched onto the source descriptions but made the characters their own.

wigglebiscuit

So now that the season finale is behind us, anyone wanna talk about the series?

Personally, I loved it. I think the departures they've made so far from the book are improvements. I think Shadow is much more fleshed out. Before, he was kinda flat.