News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

KoToR Interest Check

Started by Primarch, October 12, 2008, 10:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

I'm pretty sure I saw a sticky saying it was okay to post in here, I just can't actually play an RP yet or join one. If I'm mistaken.

Although under the assumption I'm not mistaken, I'd like to see if there's any interest in a Star Wars: Knights Of the Old Republic. My plan is to set it five years after the second game and be set around several people that believe Revan and the Exile are needed to save the Republic and thus go on an adventure across the galaxy to find clues about just where they are.

In theme of the game, individual players will have no idea about each others past, which you interested folks can PM to me (once I can be PMed, fingers crossed I get approved) so we know whats going on. This way, we can have both light and dark aligned characters working together (hidding identity until it suits them perhaps?) but of course not every character needs to be a Jedi or Sith. I also have several little other side missions planned, such as investigating rumour's of a possible secret Jedi Council that's trying to establish a foot hold after the Jedi Civil War.

As for a stat system, I do have something in mind, but would prefer to use it as a guideline to a characters general abilities more so then a set in stone system with dice's rolls and what not. Character development in both the aspect of becoming more powerful and advancing personality and overcoming inner demons and what not would also be quite important, for personal breakthroughs, it would mainly be through RP, developing relationships and confronting personal issues, while becoming more powerful would be to do with adding to stats over time (using the classic, Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma, each one being a guideline for how well someone can perform tasks, beat people up, charm some twi'lek out of her knickers, use the force so on so forth.

Characters would of course preferably be customs, but I'd love to see people take up some canons, such as HK-47, Juhani, Jolee Bindo, Mission Vao (who'd actually be an adult at this point XD), Canderous Ordo, Brianna and well you know them all. I'd be especially interested in seeing people take up Carth Onasi and Bastila Shan, who even if they aren't taken up by players, may make an appearance and would certainly be considered living legends.

My planned Stat System
Strength: Rather obvious, how hard you can punch someone, how much you can lift, etc etc
Dexterity: Hand eye co-ordination, acrobatics, grace with a light saber, dodging attacks
Constitution: How much Juma Juice can you drink before falling down? How many punches can you take before not being able to get back up?
Intelligence: How well you prefer tasks such as repairing a broken Droid or Vehicle, upgrading weapons and armour, etc etc
Wisdom: Very important for Force Users, its about knowing things, but a different kind of things to intelligence.
Charisma: High Charisma convinces the Exchange not to cut off your skin for not paying back a loan, or convincing soldiers to follow you into battle (although a really big gun would do both).

That's generally it, although I'm very up for advice on that. As I am for anything on it. The RP could run with relatively few people, six would be more then enough but more is certainly welcome. Well that's what I have in mind at the moment, if people are interested and I get approved, I'll put up some more details.

So what do you folks reckon?
QuoteCharacter
Name:
Race:
Force Sensitive: Yes or No?
Appearance: As much or little detail as desired, although general build, hair colour etc should be included as standard.
Alignment:
Career: Current Career (Smuggler, Pilot, Sith, Jedi (In hiding) etc) Also include how experienced in this career
Character Abilities/Talents:

Strength: 5
Dexterity: 5
Constitution: 5
Intelligence: 5
Wisdom: 5
Charisma: 5

Equipment:
History: (May want to include events that could form "past demons/inner demons" to be confronted during game)
Other Notes:

Fill out and PM to me, characters will be uploaded, but some details left out (history as an example) which will be revealed in game.
Any questions just ask.

HairyHeretic

Sounds like the Star Wars saga system, and Knights of the Old Republic sourcebook at what you want there :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Primarch

Yeah, never managed to pick those up, saw the Knights of The Old Republic Campaign guide in my local game store, but by the time I had gone and withdrawn money and went back someone else had grabbed it.

dlots22

haha wow. i LOVED both games, sadly they won't run on my laptop so i can't go back and play them again. And I have never tried a full out roleplay like this, but i would love to try. May I ask what that girl's name was in the green suit, i believe red hair? I was always darkside so I never got to play as her, just killed her :\

Primarch

Green suit and red hair? Hmm....was it the Jedi girl from the first game, turns evil towards the end? That's  Bastila Shan.

dlots22

lol no she was an old woman
you met her on the city planet, it was nighttime all the time over there i believe. she wore a "sexy" green outfit and was one of the few that could wear that skimpy slave outfit

Primarch

In the second game? Was she a bounty hunter? That's Mira.

dlots22

i didnt remember her being a bounty hunter, but yes, mira. i never got to play her, because you had to be light side aligned to get her, and from the start i was always dark. Force Crush came in so handy... haha :P

Primarch

Mira was much more fun then that stupid Hanharr! But that's going off topic, don't suppose you'd be interesting in taking up Mira should we both get approved?

dlots22

lol i'd love to. i always hated not being able to play her, here's my chance :P
havent ever done a female char. before though haha. Oh and hanharr? i dont remember him, was he the Wookie?

Primarch

Rhapsody

I may or may not be interested in this.  It's been a long time since I've played Star Wars, and I don't think I've ever played in the KoToR era.

I can definitely think about it though. :)
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Primarch

Oh well if there's anything you want to ask about the KoToR era please ask! Although in the end you wouldn't need to know much but some back story, especially if you want to play a young character (teens to early adulthood), as they might not know much anyway, the Jedi are basically wiped out as of the last game.

HairyHeretic

They are? I thought that was the Force Unleashed era. Isn't KotOR set a couple of thousand years before the films? I know you have the Sith Wars, and the Mandalorians and all, but I don't recall the Jedi getting wiped out then. That being said, my knowledge of that era isn't the best.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Primarch

Yeah, in the second game there's less then a dozen left at the start, you can train a few but if my math is right there's still less then a dozen, maybe one or two more. It was after the second game that they started to build up again. In fact...most of the second game is about the fact that the Jedi are so close to being wiped out, that's why its so important you survive and what not.

shadowheart

I'd be interested, though an original character.  I rather like the time-period, not to mention the freedom that is present in having a setting so many years before the movies.

I don't have to play a force user either, though wouldn't turn down that chance either if available.

Primarch

Original characters are totally welcome and encouraged. As for being a force user, you can most certainly be a force user, with experience, without experience. If you want someone who was a Master back in the day but hasn't shown in face in the old robes or wielding a lightsaber in a few decades, thats just as welcome as a young hot shot who's gotten robbed into the adventure and is just made aware that they have a connection to the force. Totally up to you.

Inkidu

Wow here's hoping you get accepted I want to do this one.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Primarch

Sweet, got anything in mind for a character?

shadowheart

Unless my eyes deceive me, we have an accepted Primarch. :)

Ok, thinking of characters.  Maybe a force sensitive. Maybe with training she could become a full force user (Jedi or Sith, maybe whomever gets to her first *g*) but at start she just has "feelings" about things and people, and "good luck" quite often.

Primarch

Yes we do have an accepted Primarch! and that character sounds just like what we'd be looking for. I'll have my own character, but he'll be more like Ben Kenobi, was a Jedi decades ago but ain't much good anymore, a mentor to the new folks. He'll probably sit on the ship and give advice via comlink/the force. I'll use him partially as a story telling tool and sometimes bring him in to swing a lightsaber when I want in on the action. XD

Anyway, I'm in college now so I'll be on like all day (course is multimedia) so I'll try get a general guideline for writers characters up. Won't be much.

Primarch

Character app thingy is up, bottom of the first post, feel free to start sending them in peeps. When I set up somewhere for actual RP to start, the first post will just contain character information, second post will be RP intro. After that, go nuts!

Inkidu

So has this thing started yet?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

shadowheart

OK, I'll bite.  What is the range for stats?  How do we set them?  Do we just set whatever numbers we wish (honor system?) or do you have  a specific point-buy method in mind?

Primarch

Everyone starts with a straight 5, and everyone so often everyone will get a "level up" so to speak, and can add 10 points to the stats in any way they like. Won't take long before the first one.