Pokemon: Chains of Evolution (8/8 Gyms filled; closed until further notice.)

Started by Revenent, June 19, 2012, 04:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Hmm...I hope I may be allowed to join....

Though I'll have to do up a profile later tonight, after work.

Revenent

The more the merrier, Wolfy.

I know it's a fact of life around here that people will inevitably drop out or just disappear entirely, so I'm kind of stockpiling players right now so that we'll at least have enough to keep the Gyms filled, hopefully. I do have some big ambitions for this game that I haven't even talked about yet, so I want to make sure it keeps going.

ShadowFox89

Tempted to fire up Black and train a ralts and meditite to level 10 each, then use those stats for my  character's mons.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Revenent

I'm sure there's probably a website somewhere where you can just put in level, Effort Values, and Individual Values to figure that out. Stats likely aren't going to be a huge deal in this game, aside from relative base stats (i.e. whether it would hit better with physical or special, how resilient it would be, etc.). I don't think I'm going to include a level system, though there may be something in place for unlocking attacks and evolving.

Acid Lips

Revenent

Yup. Adding you would bring us up to 12, so I may allow one more before closing it.

Acid Lips

I will see if I manage to come up with something, not sure though yet.

Karasu

I should have it up later tonight  are anime pictures accepted or must they be real pictures? cause otherwise I'll have to find a new pic XD
Removed, due to vandalism.

Revenent

Considering this is based on a video game/anime/manga, it would be rather silly of me not to accept anime pictures. :-) Honestly, I tend to prefer anime/drawn pictures for that reason, but people are free to use whatever they like best.

Acid Lips

Do the rules of the opening team apply to both trainer and gym leader?

Revenent

Unless you had something different you wanted to pitch to me for approval.

Acid Lips

mmmm it can be any starter pokemon right?, how does the battle system work?

Revenent

Any starter is fine, yes; even the three included in the first Fakemon listing. And there is no battle system, this is basically freeform. All you have to worry about is what moves you have available to you and how you can write them into a post.

Acid Lips

let me think about it, I am really not sure what to make if I join

Revenent

If you need any help or a second opinion, just let me know. I'm not going to be overly strict so long as no one is overpowered.

Wolfy

Wolfy

So Reve...about the Type specializing...Do regular trainers fit into that?

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Revenent

Shadow has the right of it. You can specialize if you want to, but it's not necessary. I know a couple people in the previous RP even specialized in things like "defensive" and "status effect," so you're not limited to Types in that regard, either. It's totally up to you if you want to do it at all, though.

LeSane

I was wondering if you were still accepting Trainers. I read this and found it highly fascinating, and I was tried of lurking about in wonder so I felt I should just come out and ask.
If yes then I will be writing the profile post haste.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Wolfy

Name: Sam Tarly.
Appearance: See above. Stands at 6' 1", with blond hair and green eyes.
Specialization: N/A
Orientation: Hetero
Personality: A fun loving guy who likes to ride his bike just as much as he likes to be with his Pokemon, Sam is a free spirit that travels where the wind takes him. With his Trusty Jolteon and Solosis by his side, he's set on traveling throughout the world.
Hometown and Region: Black City, Unova.
Background: (Will work on this)

Starting Team:

Solosis
Attacks: Psyshock, Protect, Toxic.

Jolteon
Attacks: Thunder Fang, Pin Missile, Wild Charge, Thunder Wave

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Scarification on June 27, 2012, 11:39:10 PM
I was wondering if you were still accepting Trainers. I read this and found it highly fascinating, and I was tried of lurking about in wonder so I felt I should just come out and ask.
If yes then I will be writing the profile post haste.

Scar, could you please please not use 8pt font? It is impossible to read.

And... oh, wow. Is Wolfy actually playing a guy?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Revenent

Sure, Scar (Scare?), there's still room. But yeah, like Shadow said, the 8pt font can be a bit difficult to read.

Wolfy, the limit's three moves for your first stage pokemon, so the Solosis will have to drop a move. Other than that, looks fine so far.

With a possible (hopeful) 13 members, I'm going to close this off for now, at least until I hear whether Acid Lips wants to join or not for sure. I'll just ask everyone to keep working on their profiles for now, while I organize some things.

Karasu

Hey revenent, Could I be allowed a Snivy and a Ralts as my pokemon? If not then I'll pick one or the other. I wasn;t sure if we were limited to just the starters or not.
Removed, due to vandalism.

Revenent

Yeah, that's fine. Why, what was the rule you were concerned about?