What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaiser Maverick

Splinter Cell Conviction. Sam Fisher is a beast.

Acid Lips

Bayoneta and now going to play Alan Wake

Ravensahnk

Quote from: Acid Lips on July 26, 2010, 08:55:47 PM

Bayoneta is a fun game, great story line as well.

Acid Lips

yea kinda stuck in one part though

Ravensahnk

Couldn't help in the slightest, only have gotten like maybe two levels in the game, I play soooo slowly.  Kind of hooked on LFD2 now

Kaiser Maverick

LFD2 is good. But not as good as FFXIII

Ravensahnk

See I hate Final Fantasy games, I am totally turned off of games by that.

Kaiser Maverick

Ravensahnk

IDK I just didn't like it at all.  I'm more of a Devil May Cry person than Final Fantasy.

Kaiser Maverick

*Hugs you* DMC is the best I have them all. Nero is my fav.

Ravensahnk

I only have one two and three for PS2...I prefer Dante...I've played the fourth one though, it was cool.

Kaiser Maverick

Dante's cool but I like Nero's attitude. I think I can relate to him more.

Heaven Sent Blossom

People who like Bayonetta are the best kind of people, this is proven via the medium of science.

I've just loaded Lost Odyssey back up since I figure I should probably finish that game at some point due to the old "backlog challenge", however the odds are good that it's going to fall to the wayside again when I buckle and purchase Starcraft 2. That USB dog tag is just too good to pass up:-<

Brandon

Even though I havnt played it in months I made it official and canceled my Aion account today, although kind of funny is since that game only made you pay for time played instead of a subscription I wasnt charged for the last few months.

In its place Ive been playing around with star trek online. Im not really sold on the game but its got its fun points and Im sure Ill be playing it nonstop for a few weeks after season 2 is released tommorrow :P
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Wolfy

Quote from: Brandon on July 27, 2010, 01:11:12 AM
Even though I havnt played it in months I made it official and canceled my Aion account today, although kind of funny is since that game only made you pay for time played instead of a subscription I wasnt charged for the last few months.

In its place Ive been playing around with star trek online. Im not really sold on the game but its got its fun points and Im sure Ill be playing it nonstop for a few weeks after season 2 is released tommorrow :P

I thought about picking up Aion for my new computer...but I think I'll just stick with WoW and FFXIV...two mmo's are enough, me thinks. o-o

Kaiser Maverick

FFIV looks amazing. I want it badly.

Hemingway

Quote from: Acid Lips on July 26, 2010, 08:55:47 PM

Alan Wake is the best game I played in years, I think.

Kaiser Maverick

Quote from: Hemingway on July 27, 2010, 10:40:12 AM
Alan Wake is the best game I played in years, I think.
It has awesome graphics and a amazing storyline

Inkidu

Quote from: Heaven Sent Blossom on July 27, 2010, 12:05:46 AM
People who like Bayonetta are the best kind of people, this is proven via the medium of science.

I've just loaded Lost Odyssey back up since I figure I should probably finish that game at some point due to the old "backlog challenge", however the odds are good that it's going to fall to the wayside again when I buckle and purchase Starcraft 2. That USB dog tag is just too good to pass up:-<
Pfft, what the hell does science know? It's hardly definitive. If I've seen two contradicting reports on the health properties of soybeans I've seen 'em all.

I picked up Dante's Inferno again. Yes it's a God of War clone but you know what? I don't have a flipping PS3, so I'm happy with something a little less loosely based...
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Mudaline

*Concurs with the recent DMC fandom on this thread*

Also:  Playing SBR... because I'm a nerd like that...  :P

Leo

Formatted my HDD today, installed only Battlefield : Bad Company 2 to my fresh OS. It felt fitting to play BC2 since I'm a couple of weeks away from enlisting  ;D
I'm not new. I just... lurk...

Wolfy

Took Blazblue back..actually managed to get a full refund, despite it being new and opened. o-o

Currently playing HydroThunder: Hurricane, and waiting for Friday, when I'll be able to pick up a new game...or pre-order one..I'm thinking I'll Pre-order Monster Rancher DS and Order myself a Gamepad to play on my PC...buut..that's just my plan right now. o3o

Sabby

Alan Wake is great, but a bit muddled up. Story driven, made over 10 years, yet they can't get decent lip synching and face animations? That's kind of important :/ The stories good, but the tone is all over the place... it starts out like The Number 23, if it were a supernatural Lovecraftian horror story (if you've never seen The Number 23, substitute with Fight Club) and eventually it becomes this light hearted action flick like Alien vs Predator Requiem, with the heroes trudging around a mountain town with shotguns, making light banter with each other as they gun down waves of enemies.

I guess the part I realised that this was now AVP:R and no longer The Number 23 was A part where you can switch on the radio, and it brings on this song that was slow at first, but walking forward, several Taken knock over some shelves and swarm you, the song picked up as you pull a flare out, and in slow motion you walk through the crowd, forcing them back, and then the guitar and vocals slam in as you wheel about your shotgun and blast two away, duck a hatchet and fill his face with buckshot. It was insanely awesome, and it helped that my timing was pretty lucky to blend with the music, but right after that, there was a bit of comedy over a character wearing Christmas Lights like a string of garlic, and being called a bastard for taking the last mining light helmet. That was when it stopped being questions and nerves and started being action and jokes.

Wolfy

Sabby!

Yes or No!

The Concert Stage.

Best. Part. Ever?

I personally loved that moment in the game...it was fricken awesome. o3o

Sabby

"The children of the Elder Gods! The children of the E-e-elder Gods!" Tosses a plastic flare at Wolfy and makes a hissing sound.