What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jude

Singularity looks decent--nothing super amazing, typical FPS single player fare with a L4D inspired-meets-typical-FPS multiplayer.

Right now I'm playing the crap out of Defense Grid on XBLA.

Lady Annabelle

Quote from: Oniya on July 02, 2010, 11:48:53 AM
Is this like playing FFI with a party of all White Mages?

*Audibly Winces*

Or Ramza only as a calculator in Final Fantasy Tactics?

/Her Nerdiness
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

Xenophile

More like playing Quake 2 after typing no_clip into the command console. You can talk yourself out of most trouble, and talk your way into any pair of pants.
Ons and Offs
Updated 2011 June 5th A's and A's

Inkidu

Tried it. You'll never die, never. However, some of the later fights get to be absurdly long. I mean stick it on the charger and go to sleep long. I never beat it but I've had people say that the Chaos fight is upwards of a month.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

avorae

FF13, star ocean, Fallout 1 and 2, and mass effect 2. I tend to switch games so much that my wife thinks I might have attention deficit disorder cause I can't just concentrate on one at a time.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Xenophile

Quote from: avorae on July 02, 2010, 04:12:35 PM
FF13, star ocean, Fallout 1 and 2, and mass effect 2. I tend to switch games so much that my wife thinks I might have attention deficit disorder cause I can't just concentrate on one at a time.

*Raises hand* Fallout-Five?
Ons and Offs

avorae

Quote from: Xenophile on July 02, 2010, 05:49:07 PM
*Raises hand* Fallout-Five?

Nope I do not own the latest fall out. It seems more of a FPS which I suck at so I am not going to be picking it up.

Xenophile

Quote from: avorae on July 02, 2010, 05:53:48 PM
Nope I do not own the latest fall out. It seems more of a FPS which I suck at so I am not going to be picking it up.

Eh, it's a good game on it's own. it takes some liberties, sure, but F2 took some liberties with F1 too in a fashion (But it wasn't as bad since F1&2 where both made by the same guys).

Fallout 3 is a good game. I recently re-installed it actually, and it felt nostalgic. Effin' awkward, that's what it was.
Ons and Offs

avorae

Quote from: Xenophile on July 02, 2010, 05:56:05 PM
Eh, it's a good game on it's own. it takes some liberties, sure, but F2 took some liberties with F1 too in a fashion (But it wasn't as bad since F1&2 where both made by the same guys).

Fallout 3 is a good game. I recently re-installed it actually, and it felt nostalgic. Effin' awkward, that's what it was.

Oh don't get me wrong I know that the storyline is great and all but with the FPS aspect I will not be able to get to far in it. If it was third person then I would do just fine but it's not so no Fall out 3 for me.

Drivestort

Quote from: avorae on July 02, 2010, 06:02:47 PM
Oh don't get me wrong I know that the storyline is great and all but with the FPS aspect I will not be able to get to far in it. If it was third person then I would do just fine but it's not so no Fall out 3 for me.

You can play it in third person, and play it turn based by using VATS.

Lady Annabelle

Quote from: Lady Annabelle on April 19, 2010, 09:51:37 PM
Currently Playing:
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment - I was thoroughly disappointed in the first game, but I heard good reviews about this one.  I truly hope this one is different...
Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth - All I have left is the final battles, but it was recommended that I be level 80 to do it.  I'm level 56 right now.  Yeah, this game takes forever.
Kingdom Hearts - I just started the 'Nightmare Before Christmas' world.  It has been pretty good, but some of the worlds are just so damn annoying.
Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories - I am currently in Chapter 6 and doing some leveling.  I love this game and it has completely built upon the first one!

So, I just beat Kingdom Hearts.

I got tired of fighting all of the unnecessary and annoying optional battles, so I just went to the end and beat it.  One fighting was bothersome, but it wasn't too difficult.  For me, I thought the game was good, but not the best.  I don't understand the rabid love of it nor the rabid hate of it.  It was a pretty good action RPG and nothing more.  Yeah, the cameos of Disney & Final Fantasy characters was cute and made me smile.  I enjoyed it though and I'll probably pick up the sequels sometime in the future.

Currently Playing:
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment - Completely different game.  I'm only like 10 hours into it, but it is SO much better than the first!
Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth - I'm now like level 64.  Still grinding.
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection - This is next and it has been a long time since I played a fighter.  There are actually unlockables, which should give it some legs.
Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories - I'm in Chapter 9.  Still sticking to the same formula of plot, level, plot, level, etc...
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

GeekFury

Currently Playing

Mass Effect - It's a good game, nay a great game, but I'm finding it REALLY hard to get into it and being bogged down by so many side quests and the annoying as piss driving segments that make me want to throw my controller at the screen.
Oblivion - Determind to finally beat Shivering Isles.
System Shock - AMAZING! Even if the old graphics give me a headache after awhile.

Sabby

Hey, System Shock 2 had some friggen amazing animations.

GeekFury

Quote from: Sabby on July 04, 2010, 01:09:16 AM
Hey, System Shock 2 had some friggen amazing animations.

Yeah I've got System Shock 2 waiting for me to finish the first, but the faux 3D, 2D pre-Duke Nukem graphics of the first game just destroys my eyes. Yeah I hae this habit of finish the first game before playing the sequel, as I'm a fucking masochist like that.

Wolfy

Transformers: War for Cybertron.

Already finished Campaign, which is short. Now playing it for the Multiplayer, which, to me, is Amazing.

There's just something about going invisible, turning into a car, sweeping in, backstabbing the hell out of someone's ass, changing back to car, and running the hell away that is just soo...awesome. Not to mention the other classes with their own playstyles and vehicles...and it's rather well balanced, too, for a Class-based multiplayer game.

Oh, and of course the familiar Transforming sound makes me Nostalgia/Nerd-Gasm everytime I hear it...

Hemingway

I'm currently tearing people apart in Global Agenda. I was unimpressed at first, and wasn't going to get it, but then there was a sale on Steam. I have to say, while it might not deserve a score of more than 70-something, it can definitely be good fun. In particular flying around with a jetpack in the largest suit of armor available and raining death on unsuspecting enemies. Steam tells me I've been playing it for almost 40 hours, so there must be something good about it.

HairyHeretic

I've picked it up as well, but haven't really gotten into it yet. I got a stealth guy, since he has the sniper rifle.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Daimon de Broken Hearted

Usuall Fire Emblem, and now Final Fantasy Dissida.

Heart Owned By None, It is a broken shell of what once was. Its Light died.

I have some things going on right now with health, I am sorry replies come slow.
Love is a circle of Trust and Caring, all into both becoming One, in Completion. This is like a Ring, or a Collar.
Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

Brandon

Was playing alpha protocol for most of the day today. Its an interesting game, not bad, not great but good. The writing is ok, the graphics are ok, the combat styles are mostly ok (hand to hand and stealth rock though). Once agian being that its a ROLE PLAYING GAME Im a little pissed about not being able to customize my character more (really they couldnt give me the opportunity to play a female character again?). Although I will say that the camera angle gets really annoying. Overall its trying hard to be a good game with a good espionage plot and I have to give it points for trying
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Xenophile

I have revived my Battlefield 2 account. Man, I forgot how AWESOME I am at piloting gunships!
Ons and Offs

Gathering Wilderness

Mass Effect 2, League of Legends and The Witcher.

Mostly League of Legends, though.

Aiden

Yakuza 3- Ps3
God of War 2- refresher before god of war 3

abandoneddolly

Star wars Kights of the old republic

Petrosity

Dynasty Warriors 6 on Xbox 360 -- :( I still don't have Red Hair, but pretty much every character is up to 50.
Culdcept on Xbox 360 -- Not as good as the original on PS2. The story isn't any good, and the graphics, although improved from the PS2 version, aren't as good as you'd expect them to be. Disappointing, but still fun to play.
O/O's Updated 7/31/13 & A'n'A

Wolfy

WoW, of course. Trying to pick back up after being gone for a while.

Blacklight; Tango Down. Kinda like a more skillful Call of Duty. o3o

Modern Warfare 2

Transformers: WFC. Yep. Still playing the multiplayer. Still fun.

God I can't wait till September, though..Both Halo Reach AND Final Fantasy XIV!