News:

Main Menu

Really NBC?

Started by Callie Del Noire, October 31, 2012, 08:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

You get a hit series.. like Revolution..and your bright idea is to give it a 3 month mid season haitus?

Remember V?
http://wilmonfilm.blogs.starnewsonline.com/11672/revolution-will-take-three-month-hiatus-midseason/

Seriously.. someone must want that timeslot for their pet reality show.

Maiz

I haven't seen Revolution but I echo your sentiments about NBC. They yanked Community and pushed the premiere of the fourth season to next year. That was annoying.

Callie Del Noire

It's simple. You don't take a 3 month break with a hot show.. you make breaks like that for so-so shows you're looking to reinforce and fix. You make a 3 month break on a show with a loyal following audience..they move on and find new things to get invested in.

cloudysky

I was so sad when V was taken off the air!

Moraline

Well, I have to say that I was on the fence about Revolution anyways.

I felt like the show was getting nowhere. This will pretty much kill it for me. I'll be lucky if I even remember this show come March 25 (when it's due back.)

Hiatus for any show on a roll is about the dumbest thing they can do.

But then again, big networks like NBC/CBS always end up making terrible shows and even worse decisions. TV/Networks are dinosaurs, relics of an age that's slipping into the history books now.

I want to watch shows when I want to watch them and if big Networks like these guys do stupid things like this I'll just go elsewhere for my entertainment.

Callie Del Noire

The thing is.. Revolution was doing well in the ratings and such. Definitely not worth being shelved.

Jag

Quote from: xiaomei on October 31, 2012, 11:49:06 PM
I haven't seen Revolution but I echo your sentiments about NBC. They yanked Community and pushed the premiere of the fourth season to next year. That was annoying.

I was so looking forward to the fourth season and was very upset by their choice to push it off till next year. It really makes no sense.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on November 02, 2012, 10:07:45 AM
I was so looking forward to the fourth season and was very upset by their choice to push it off till next year. It really makes no sense.

I think someone wants to put a message to the show that they are 'too pricey' or something. It's a good way to make a point, if you're a heavy handed studio executive who thinks that it would be cool to go back to the 1900s model of paying your talent. (IE.. you let them (and maybe their family) eat..and they should be grateful)

Lux12

To be honest, it didn't seem like it would live up to hype they tried building around it, especially with the scientific inaccuracies.I didn't expect it to last long. Granted a hiatus is no cancellation, but it can certainly be a prelude to it.

Moraline

Quote from: Lux12 on November 08, 2012, 02:01:35 PM
... especially with the scientific inaccuracies.

You know you just hit the nail on the head for me. That was something that was driving me crazy from the start. Even before the show launched.

I'm not a hard science nutter but I like science fiction that is at least vaguely accurate when it's in a real world setting like this show started out.

The show would have been greatly improved by having a little more science fact.

Skip the big stupid "what is it and how can we fix it," garbage then get on with the "who done it and how are we going to survive stuff." I would have liked to have seen them actually draw out full episodes of what went on in the days after the massive EMP. Then each season maybe jump ahead a few months or a year. But I'm a dreamer and I digress.

Back on topic.

Successful Show placed on Hiatus = Bad for business.