Odd Firefox behavior - losing link thumbnails.

Started by Oniya, November 11, 2011, 12:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

So, I keep a number of tabs open, but this is happening in my 'toolbar' bookmarks and in my list of bookmarks as well:  For no apparent reason, the tiny icon that identifies the site is replaced by a dashed square (like the 'marching ants' of an area selection, only without the marching.)  I haven't changed anything that I know of, and it's not really impacting anything, but it's just - odd.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

jouzinka

It's a graphic in FF 8 when there's the site's tiny icon missing. If you visit the site, it should download the tiny icon into cache and it will show it next to the tab/bookmark again.
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Oniya

That's the funny thing, though.  It's happening randomly on sites I visit a lot.  Like - a lot a lot.  There's a site I use for work (and visited last night), my calendar site (visited yesterday) and my weird-movie site (visited daily).  It's happened on a few sites that I don't use often, but then there are sites I haven't been to in ages (Custom Corset Pattern Generator) that still have their little icon.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

jouzinka

It happens to me too, but I simply paid no real attention to it. So... sorry, but I have no clue either. :-(
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Vekseid

Oniya

Installed, ran, no change.  :-\  Well, it did fix a couple of bookmarks that were on redirects, but those hadn't been affected by the missing mini-icons.

Haibane

This has happened since the last Firefox update. Its bugging me too, I assume something in the update broke something it shouldn't and it'll be fixed in the next update.

Vekseid

Hrm.

Go to about:config
type 'icon' in the filter
What are the values it's printing for your browser.chrome settings?

Oniya

Quote from: Vekseid on December 15, 2011, 05:27:43 AM
Hrm.

Go to about:config
type 'icon' in the filter
What are the values it's printing for your browser.chrome settings?

I'm not seeing that option on any of the menus.

Missy

I didn't think much about it, but yeah it is odd. I mean I visit SWD daily, but the icon is missing. It only seems to be effecting two sites right now though.