News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

If they made a movie about you...

Started by Captain Maltese, May 22, 2008, 02:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Maltese

I'm stealing Cherri Tart's question to new membership applicants because I find it unfair that only they get to answer that one.

So, to repeat:

If they made a movie about you, who would play the part of you, and what genre movie would it be.  Also, would you have a snappy side kick, a romantic lead or both? 

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Myrnodyn

If they'd make a movie about me, I'd probably be played by robin williams (if they could make him look a lot younger :P). The genre would be a romantic comedy, and it would be about a guy alternately taking life too serious, or not seriously enough, the cast being a small circle of friends getting caught up in his antics :P

Seara

If they made a movie about me, it would be a tradgety, I would be played by a younger Kristie Allie (if that is how you spell her name), it would be about a girl who no mater how much she tried to get on top always had something happen to her to beat her back down to the same place she started from. But always kept a positive outlook, and tried to be everyones shoulder to cry on, and kept making plans no mater how many times her plans were dashed into rocks and crushed.

Cherri Tart

Quote from: CptCalico on May 22, 2008, 02:49:27 PM
I'm stealing Cherri Tart's question to new membership applicants because I find it unfair that only they get to answer that one.

So, to repeat:

If they made a movie about you, who would play the part of you, and what genre movie would it be.  Also, would you have a snappy side kick, a romantic lead or both? 

i want 10%of the profits, Cpt ;) 

If they made a movie out of me...  I would cast Christina Ricci as me and I would write it as a B-movie sci-fi flick ala Barbarella.  There would be lots of lazer gun duels and strange alien creatures as well as futuristic devices to torment and torture poor 'Cherri Tart'.   And of course there would be both a romantice interest, played by Justing Timberlake, as well as a somewhat bumbling and conflicted side kick played by James Callis - he with the right intentions who always gets things wrong.   Of course, this i a completely fictional work - my choice, if i was to chose a true autobiography, would be completely different. :)
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Captain Maltese

My movie would be a quiet drama starring Karl Urban. Story would be about a young man with a taste of success on his lips; he has talent, energy, looks, a bumbling kind of charm that attracts ladies frequently, the future looks bright...then the early successes are followed by mediocrity, increasing difficulties in solving jobs, he loses what charm he had and becomes cold and sullen and finds it difficult to maintain friendships, mediocrity is followed by outright failures, he eventually loses everything - the career, the family, the control over his life- and only when he is officially a big loser does he get a medical diagnosis that explains to some degree why it all went to hell. That changes little; he goes from big loser to seriously ill patient but that does not bring back anything of what he lost. From then he goes into institutions, out, back again, and while he accepts his new 'life' there's increasingly less of it as he needs to take more and stronger meds to function at all. The movie ends as he dies from a medication error because the nurse gets the many doses wrong, in a bed behind a screen in a busy institution corridor. There's no love interest in the movie, nor close friends.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Tant de Tentation

... that's a depressing movie.

They definitely *should* make a movie about me, because it would have, let's see... 1. troubled young adolescence rife with shaky camera angles and nightmarishly weird dream sequences, then a sort of documentary-esque panover of several years of anorexia, during which burgeoning relationships, male and female, all float away from the imploding lead.  2.  A period of total meltdown, darker cinematography but with odd touches of whimsy or humor (cutting school to hang out in a bookstore?  Really?) suddenly broken by such raw depictions of angst as to make your toes curl.  Increasing isolation, minor psychotropic-drug-induced hallucinations.  3.  Brief incarceration in a mental institution, also with moments of humor despite the weird darkness.  The sense that the main character is in fact just fine, and sort of annoying, but aware of it.  4.  A very funny scene in which the lead chooses to go to reform school rather than get up to go to Gym class at her current school.  5.  A chaotic, tumultuous montage of said reform school, the ups and downs running together (being put on a 'mute' restriction and not allowed to talk; giving people orders in the kitchen; teaching a French class; being punished by eviction from her room and the requirement that she sleep in the hallway; she gets rid of her glasses and starts dressing well; makes friends; has to help everyone bleach the walls as a consequence; loses friends.... etc.), until finally she emerges as a battered but newly self-confident butterfly-like creature from the cocoon of her own neuroses.  Cue college and happy music, and then a little blurb:   By the time she was 21, (name) went on to win the Nobel Prize, published twenty-seven novels, cured cancer, and ended world hunger.

Now to get on that last bit in the next six months...

And I would play myself, obviously.  Who else? 
"Humor is the only test of gravity, and gravity of humor; for a subject which will not bear raillery is suspicious, and a jest which will not bear serious examination is false wit."
--Aristotle

My ONs and OFFs
TNT's crazy intro thread.

robitusinz

Mine would be a comedic series a la American Pie, except narration would be heavily leaned-on as a plot device.  While me, played by Jack Black, goes through life, being virtually perfect, the narration goes off on how stupid and petty most of the human race is.  Sex would be a major part of the movie, and most of the females would show up topless at some point in the flick.  The entire movie would be a freaky stream of consciousness with scenes too insane to be real (such as a conversation with a flamingo on how odd the world would look if human beings' appendages would've been arranged differently) coupled with scenes oozing with melodrama (such as the scene where my grandfather dies).
I'm just a vanilla guy with a chocolate brain.

Chilly

If someone were to make a movie about me, I would rather play myself for the role. Genre would probably be a drama in the vein of The Rules of Attraction. I wouldn't know if I would have a romantic lead, unless it's a fictional recreation of my life.

Bliss

If a movie were to be made of my life, I'd be played by Janeane Garofalo before she became a caricature of herself; it would be a painfully self-aware dramady, and the soundtrack would include "If You Were In My Movie" by Suzanne Vega.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Maeven

If they were to make a movie about me, it would be a comedy, starring Drew Barrymore-- 'cause she's so damn cute and funny-- like me.  It would showcase the myriad of life paths she embarked upon only to be dissuaded and sent off in some other, completely different direction by some mundane and seemingly insignificant event.  The soundtrack would include  "You Can't Always Get What You Want" by the Rolling Stones (which has always been the theme song of my life). 

That is all.
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Kalen

It would be a comic tragedy, the tale of a moron who bumbles through life, blundering in and out of trouble.  I don't know how the movie ends yet, because... duh.  My life isn't over.

Steve Buscemi is the only good actor ugly enough to play me, although he'd have to put on a LOT of weight to do it...

Marguerite

The movie would be 1/3 comedy, 1/3 romance, 1/3 drama. The romantic lead would be of course Gerard Butler. Gerard makes my own panties rip themselves off of me, slither towards his pants leg, and tuck themselves into the pocket of whatever pant or jeans he wears that day. Comedy and drama would deal with how I am dealing with being a bisexual Mexican-American girl and the crazy, whacked out family I have acquired at birth. Gerard would be an older gentleman who somehow befriends this young woman [moi-who I either want Ellen Page or Liz Tyler to play me] and from this a relationship starts. Of course there is always the fact of two different cultures trying to blend together to make it work. Comedy ensues when my family see Gerard for the first time and wonder why an older man would want to date a younger female, even one of a legal status of age. Yep, I date older men and find it works better for me. Somehow, that is how I usually have things go. Whenever I bring a boyfriend or girlfriend to meet the family, somehow one or the other becomes uncomfortable.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Sethite

The movie with lotta travels between different places, with lynch as a director, i guess.
Truly, madly, deeply...

MusicNeverDies

They can't make it now my actress is too old, it'd have had to be made before I was born, work that one out.

Who would play me? Bettie Page. *nods*

Veriphim

God, my movie. Me played by James Franco. And there would be three romantic interests, Amanda Seyfried the quirky and slightly crazy best friend turned love interest, Brittany Snow the more serious and laid back long time girlfriend and Josh Hartnett  as the "Don Juan" who made everything fall into place. Vince Vaughn, Don Cheadle and Ben Stiller would play friends who drag him into rather uncomfortable situations. I'm going to leave out the antagonists so I don't fume.

It would be a light hearted drama where everything gets turned on its head and James Franco would have to completely change his life, hurting those closest to him in the process. Luckily it ends with everything falling into place and the main characters being better for going through what they have.
Ons, offs and inbetweens

Viciously slick and supernaturally hip.

Lilias

Helena Bonham-Carter. Definitely Tim Burton directing. Quirky indie flick with a lot of voiceover/internal dialogue.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

CaptainErotica

Definately a comedy starring Sean william Scott (AKA Stifler) as me.  Possaible love interests would be that chic from Transformers, Kelly Hu and jessica alba (pre-blonde). It would follow the antics of a crazy sailor who travels the world leaving a trail of laughs and unintentionally broken hearts.

slowmojoe

Apparently I look like Nicholas Cage and also have mannerisms simlar to Jimmy Stewart, so I suppose it would be one of those two playing me. I think the movie of my life would be a really British style, dry comedy.

Sybl

They already have: Sybil: Sally Fields

Mordred

A mix of 'The Dude' (as played by Jeff Bridges) from 'The Big Lebowski' and 'Lestat' (not Tom Cruise) from 'The Vampire Chronicles' by 'Anne Rice'. That's me in a very nutty shell.
*See Pillory*

Kazuume

It would start Angelina Jolie because she's as weird as I am, and it would be action/drama based with a mix of tragedy, and hell yah she'd have a gun in her hands.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing slowly ... very slowly."
                                 ~Gypsy Rose Lee~
                                           ---,`--@
     ~Kill me slowly, so through the pain, I will know I have lived.~

What's Yes & What's Not
Apologies & Absences
Stalled out stories: Dragon Familiar ~ Loki

BlueCitrusSky

Hmm, I never thought about that.
I guess I would have Ellen Page play me and Micheal Cera play my boyfriend in my movie. Of course both my bf and I have depression, so it would go along those lines along with romance.