Dark Ages: Vampire. Interest?

Started by Jaded, August 09, 2013, 08:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ixy

Idachan

*slaps herself* You make me want to play (perhaps just to see the horror that will be RubySlippers) but I really should not... <.< But if I would, I'm interested in a Gangrel huntmaster type so perhaps I can resist after all.

edited to clarify

Jaded

I'd be fine with those RubySlippers. :-)

Quote from: Jr on August 25, 2013, 06:39:57 PM
I have no idea what kind of character I want to make. Any suggestions? Maybe an accessory character, like a smith for the sword guy?

I'm not sure what to suggest, most anything could work.  You could make an accessory character, but I would suggest something that isn't reliant on someone else's character.  Any particular style or type of character you like to play?  (ignoring vampire specifically for the moment)

Quote from: Ixy on August 25, 2013, 09:01:53 PM
Draft 1 here: http://i.imgur.com/fWmBD9n.jpg

Your Generation may be mixed up.

What was Heart of Bone?

Quote from: Idachan on August 25, 2013, 09:23:57 PM
*slaps herself* You make me want to play (perhaps just to see the horror that will be RubySlippers) but I really should not... <.< But if I would, I'm interested in a Gangrel huntmaster type so perhaps I can resist after all.

;)  Let me know.

RubySlippers

Coming along not thing about Nos a lot of backgrounds are just not needed.  ;D

I did give her resources of one dot her ability to score cool things like find graves with good armor or a sword or loot the rings off them. Well she can trade that off through other Kindred for stuff she needs.

Idachan

Quote from: Jaded on August 26, 2013, 01:18:57 AM
;)  Let me know.

Mind you, Cappadocians... I do like being creepy.

Google

It has been ages since I played a Vampire game but I was always a fan... of course I am thinking Clan Lasombra

Need to brush up the concept but still always loved the shadowy bastards
Psychopaths cannot feel love.
Not in the traditional meaning.
To a psychopath DOMINATION is the closest sensation to love.
Though it is much greater.
Its intensity is all consuming.
(Note... I am a touch under the weather so replies may be slow for the next day or two, I do apologize.)

RubySlippers

Okay I'm almost done with my sheet but I need stats for a weapon not in the game a Maul, its a two handed hammer. She has with Potence Strength 4 so can use it I'm sure.

SHEET SO FAR

Name: Iladora
Player: Rubyslippers
Chronicle:
Nature: Barbarian
Demeanor: Barbarian
Clan: Nosferatu
Generation: 11th
Concept: Leperous Thing
Haven: Caves in Big Cesspit

ATTRIBUTES
PHYSICAL
Strength 3 Dots
Dexterity 4 Dots
Stamina 4 Dots
SOCIAL
Charisma 3 Dots
Manipulation 2 Dots
Appearance 0 Dots
MENTAL
Perception 3 Dots
Intelligence 2 Dots
Wits 3 Dots

ABILITIES
TALENTS
Alertness 1 Dot
Athletics 1 Dot
Brawl 2 Dots
Dodge 2 Dots
Intimidate 3 Dots [Specialty: Exploit Clan Appearance]
SKILLS
Animal Ken 2 Dots
Crafts 3 Dots
Melee 3 Dots [Specialty:]
Stealth 3 Dots
Survival 2 Dots
KNOWLEDGES
Academics 1 Dot
Linguistics 2 Dot
Medicine 1 Dot
Occult 1 Dot

ADVANTAGES
BACKGROUNDS
Generation 1 Dot
Herd (lepers) 3 Dots
Mentor 1 Dot
DISCIPLINES
Animalism  1 Dot
Fortitude 1 Dot
Obfuscate 1 Dot
Potence 1 Dot
VIRTUES
Conscience/Conviction 3 Dots
Self-Control/Instinct 3 Dots
Courage 5 Dots

ROAD OF THE BEAST 6
WILLPOWER 5
BLOOD POOL

MERITS 7 pts.
Lizard Limbs 1 pt. Merit
Long Fingers 1 pt. Merit
Oversized Fangs  1 pt. Merit
Projectile Vomiting  2 pt. Merit
Gaping Maw  2 pt. Merit

FLAWS 7 pts.
Anomina 2 pt. Flaw
Cannot Embrace 2 pt. Flaw
Necrophile  3 pt. Flaw

ARMOR
Light Armor  +1B/+2L
Light Helm  +2B/+3L

WEAPONS

FREEBIE POINTS 15 + 1 Left from Flaws
Add Discipline: Fortitude 7 pts.
Raise Stamina +1 Dot 5 pts.
Courage +1 Dot 2 pts.
Specialty Melee 1 pt.
Specialty Intimidate 1 pt.

Jaded

Quote from: Idachan on August 26, 2013, 06:12:47 PM
Mind you, Cappadocians... I do like being creepy.

Creepy is always good. ;)

Quote from: Google on August 26, 2013, 07:27:00 PM
It has been ages since I played a Vampire game but I was always a fan... of course I am thinking Clan Lasombra

Need to brush up the concept but still always loved the shadowy bastards

Lasombra are fun. :-)

-=-=-=-

I only had time to give it a quick glance RubySlippers, but you may only have 11 (instead of 13) Skills.

As for a Maul, assuming you mean a giant hammer?  I'd probably just put it the same as a Great Sword, but doing +6B instead of L damage. 

RubySlippers

Your right I will add the Maul and should be good to go, I just think a big hammer on her shoulder would fit her. Now should her armor be cured human skins or not?

Prince Truhan

Gory as that might be it's not particularly resilient.

If I were you I would just add a few human scalps to it or maybe a human head.

Depends on your take but I thought dead bodies were her friends so she might not tear them apart for armor.

A barbarian I once had carried "Skully" around, the skull of a powerful enemy he had killed in one hit. He engaged in talks with it every now and them.

(All this was said as my toreador looked the other way with his fingers in his ears)

RubySlippers

Your right should be regular cured leathers but would be funny, but her home will be amusing.

A Nosferatu that acts like a Malkavian- that alone should make her extra creepy.

Prince Truhan

If you want Malkavianess if the DM allows perhaps you could take the flaw derangement:fantasy to have the corpses talk to her.

Or even "alive" corpses that want to be released from their life

RubySlippers

Her flaw does that already, I need her to be functional.

Right now she lost it but is still not someone you want to mess with she can hurt you.

Prince Truhan

Silk

Jr

So a swordsman and something out of a slasher film. I guess we're gonna be a mostly combat party. Maybe I should follow in that vein, make a claw-fighting Gangrel?

RubySlippers

Well my character can fight because its a violent time, even most Toreador likely can use a blade well.

Jaded

Quote from: Silk on August 30, 2013, 07:09:48 AM
Putting down interest :)

Let me know what you want to play. :-)

Quote from: Jr on August 30, 2013, 11:41:34 PM
So a swordsman and something out of a slasher film. I guess we're gonna be a mostly combat party. Maybe I should follow in that vein, make a claw-fighting Gangrel?

A Gangrel could work.

Jr

I statted my Gangrel. He's a small-town barber (meaning he also functions as the town's doctor and dentist) who gets most of his blood from the leeches employed in his craft. He's also a real beast with his Protean claws. All I need for the finishing touches is more info on this Riga place. Is it in any of the sourcebooks?

Jaded

It is mentioned in Dark Ages: Europe.

Jr

Hmm, looks like I don't have that one. Could you give me the most common language there?

PoppyHoneymeade

Hmmmm, this sounds interesting but I tend to make more social or mental characters rather than combat oriented ones... I wonder what the premise is for the coterie to gather? If we are a coterie rather than just people who happen to live in the same place and time...

I had a Victorian Age Toreador who assumed all Nos had Anomia (how else would they stand living in the sewers?) and didn't want to be rude and point out to the Nos in our group that he smelled so she sneakily spritzed him with perfume from behind. She was considerate enough to use a more gender neutral citrus scent though.

I have the core Dark Ages book, but not any of the others from the era, so I think if I play I'd like to be a relative newcomer to the city so I can get to know things IC as well as OOC. Considering Tzimisce Koldun or Ventrue probably... though I might end up going for something completely different in the end.

Jaded

Quote from: Jr on September 04, 2013, 08:45:43 AM
Hmm, looks like I don't have that one. Could you give me the most common language there?

Hmm, I'm not sure on language.  I'd assume German among the upper class, probably Latvian among the lower class.

Quote from: PoppyHoneymeade on September 04, 2013, 09:10:35 AM
Hmmmm, this sounds interesting but I tend to make more social or mental characters rather than combat oriented ones... I wonder what the premise is for the coterie to gather? If we are a coterie rather than just people who happen to live in the same place and time...

I had a Victorian Age Toreador who assumed all Nos had Anomia (how else would they stand living in the sewers?) and didn't want to be rude and point out to the Nos in our group that he smelled so she sneakily spritzed him with perfume from behind. She was considerate enough to use a more gender neutral citrus scent though.

I have the core Dark Ages book, but not any of the others from the era, so I think if I play I'd like to be a relative newcomer to the city so I can get to know things IC as well as OOC. Considering Tzimisce Koldun or Ventrue probably... though I might end up going for something completely different in the end.

My thought to bring the characters together is survival.  With the knights hunting vampires, and a conflict brewing, they are somewhat caught in the middle.  So they would probably be a coterie at least initially.  Mental and social skills could be just as useful as combat ones, it is all in how they characters decide to handle the situation .;)

A newcomer would fit. :-)  Tzimisce or Ventrue would both fit.  Let me know. 

PoppyHoneymeade

Given some of the members of the group it might be helpful having someone around who can dominate various people into overlooking the smelly leper trailing through the place... that being said being able to look like anything you want can have its uses... Hmmm.... Time to start thinking of a concept...

RubySlippers

Vampires generally don't have diseases she is no longer a Leper. As for smelly my character smells herself she is just fine there no odor at all. (helps she can't smell or taste though but she swims in the nearest lack once a week if she needs to or not)