On High Seas: A Game of Pirates, Captives, Sailing, Adventure, Battle, & Booty!!

Started by Urbanzorro, February 11, 2014, 09:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshiue

Finally found a better picture for Jaibana. He's been updated again.

Deathnote

"Hawk" Ying (阿鷹)
by DragonTrainer

Age 18

Gender Male

Orientation Heterosexual

Appearance Details: Stands approximately 5 ft 7.  In spite of initial appearances, has the body of a trained warrior.

Position The Lookout / Cartographer (Back-Up Navigator)

Personality Best described as a daydreamer who likes to spend most of his time with his head up in the clouds.  He could even be described as a being a bit goofy.  He's approachable and tries to be friendly with other people. He can also be surprisingly stubborn and make very reckless decisions at times. Once he's made up his mind about something, he'll see through it to the end.

In the rare cases that he's able to stave off his daydreaming tendencies, he proves to be a very observant and analytical individual.  He may even fake his usual aloof and carefree nature to hide the fact that he's paying attention for once.  He's most likely to be like this when he has finally set his mind on a single, tangible goal.

Biography Ying was born and raised in Shenyang and was a descendent of a master archer of the Imperial Guards Brigade of Manchu Bannermen.  He was practically taught how to use a bow and arrow as soon as he learned how to walk.  In addition to his weapons training, he was also taught strategic warfare and tactics, often by his strategist cousin.  One of the "tricks" he picked up during these lessons was the ability to read the skies and predict the weather.  This was a skill that was derived from the farmer's ability to read the weather and determine the best way to work on their crops.

Ying was eight years old when he went on an excursion to the seas with his cousin.  Unfortunately, the ship he was on was attacked by pirates, who were led by the dreaded Captain Red Snake.  His bow and his cousin's sword were both taken by the Captain as trophies.  For the next four years, Ying had been forced to work as a Powder Monkey.  During this time, he befriended the ship's Sea Artist, Kappa, who taught the young lad how to read the ocean and maneuver ships.  Unfortunately, Kappa was getting a little too much support from the crew for Red Snake's liking.  Red Snake became paranoid that Kappa intended to mutiny against him and so he made the first move.  He had the Sea Artist along with his closest friends rounded up to be executed.  Enraged, Ying attacked Red Snake, but was easily subdued due to the large difference in size, skill, and experience.  Instead of killing Ying, however, Red Snake opted to throw him into the brig.  Ying never saw what happened to his friend afterwards.

While Ying was down in the brig, the ship was suddenly attacked by another ship.  Actually, it was more likely that Red Snake attacked another ship and bit off more than he could chew.  Turtle's absence played a major part in Red Snake's eventual defeat.  In the confusion of the battle, Ying managed to escape from the brig and sneak into the Captain's quarters.  There, he reclaimed his bow along with his cousin's sword.  With bow in hand, he stepped back out onto the deck to see Captain Red Snake in the thick of battle.  Notching an arrow, Ying fired off a shot and pierced the Captain's right eye.

As it turned out, the other ship belonged to the British Navy.  Although the naval ship was small, it was commanded by an excellent sailor with a strong aptitude for both tactical and strategic planning when it came to naval warfare.  Ying was taken under the naval officer's wing as a Cabin Boy.  Two years later, he would assist this same naval officer in 'acquiring' a ship to start a life of piracy.

Weapons/Equipment Despite being a pirate in an era where firearms were prevalent, Ying prefers his Manchurian Horn Bow.  He also carries a straight sword, a few throwing knives, and a single flint-lock pistol (just in case).
Character's Ons: Submissive women, girl-on-girl, and humiliating others
Character's Offs: Scat, dismemberment, and children
Player's Ons: Same as character's (Also, check my Ons & Off)
Player's Offs: Same as character's + guy-on-guy (Also, check my Ons & Off)

AdrianZef

Alright, I'm finally going to get around to making a CS. Not sure if the roster on the first page is updated though. Have room for another captive?
Don't know if you want to roleplay with me? The answer is yes, you do. But fine, I guess I'll give you one of these: Ons and Offs, as well as a Wishlist.

Urbanzorro

@Everyone: Hey, sorry about no posts from me for the past two days or so, work has been slamming me a bit, there is still room for captives at this point. I'll have a list of all the current characters up but I'd say we are about stocked for crew right now and could maybe use about 2-3 more captives. But other than that I think we are set to start.

@ Deathnote: So just to clarify are you applying for Boatswain or no?
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Deathnote

@ Urbanzorro: He's the boatswain who spends most of his time up in the crow's nest.  He practically lives up there.  Would that work?

Urbanzorro

@Deathnote: For being in the crow's nest most of the time he'd be much better off being the ship's lookout. As boatswain his place would be on the deck, where the deck crew can see/hear him easily and be influenced by his presence. I'm ok with him taking up either position, nor am I against crew having more than one job, it's just that those two jobs are somewhat contradictory. Which would you prefer?

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Rave

Death note just put up a look out character sheet actually so it might be a filled position if it's accepted.

Deathnote

The basic idea behind my character is that his eyes are so good that he can see what's going on throughout the ship from his nest.  He has the uncanny ability to predict the weather just by reading the skies and he has a habit of reading/making charts while he's up there.  He sends down arrows with messages written on them and in a pinch, he could "fly" down (make use of the rigging) to get back onto the deck.

I actually wanted to take The Sea Artist position, but it sounded a little too much like the romanticized version of the Quartermaster position.  In fact, I suspected that it's not really a position and more of a secondary skill-set, since the description read: "Possessing such knowledge often would make a person the second mate if he were not already the first mate or captain."  Since we're going with the romanticized version of crew positions, my being the Sea Artist would take away the only job Chreestafer's character would have left.  That's when I read the part in the Master description that said: "Under these "masters" would be a series of mates. Thus you might have a gunners mate and gunners second mate and so on."

So... maybe the Quartermaster also has a series of mates under him?  I looked through the positions and it looked like the Boatswain would be directly under the Quartermaster.  What's more, he could be considered as the "fourth mate" of the whole ship.  It's for that reason alone that I chose the Boatswain position.

So... if "The Sea Artist" is not completely redundant, maybe my character could be both the Lookout and the Sea Artist?  If Chreestafer's Quartermaster character Tristyn Bailey is also the Second Mate for having the skillset of The Sea Artist, then maybe my character could be his assistant instead?

Viper

Interested in putting viper as a captive, a wild woman that was a prisoner on a precious ship and they have no idea what to do with her. Will post her bio as soon as I can.

AdrianZef

Morgan Vane
by AdrianZef
Age 30
Gender Male
Orientation Heterosexual
Appearance Details: Several scars along his body from multiple fights and a rough life on the sea. Brutishly strong and thick body, tends to fight with strength and force rather than finesse, though when necessary, he has a surprisingly soft touch with a sword. His long hair is sometimes braided, sometimes left straight.
Position Captive. (Check bio to see how he was caught)
Personality Cold and calculating, he's patient if it's required to land what he wants (well, as far as pirates go, at least). While his strength and appearance make him look like a brute, he's much less hot-headed than it may seem, though he can get angry quickly. He's impatient when it comes to anyone working for him, as he abhors incompetence. He has a surprising soft spot for romance and women, though he would never say that about himself, and would strangle first person to say anything of the kind.
Biography Captain Morgan Vane of the Alhambra was a dreaded pirate of the seas, feared by many. For several years he led his crew to treasure and pleasure, plundering many ships traveling back to Europe or from Europe.

No one knows much about his history before he became a pirate, but he was a wandering deck hand for several years before working his way up the Alhambra's crew. The Alhambra at that point wasn't quite as well known, so they were scrapping for treasure, barely making anything. Morgan Vane suggested a risky venture, that he had gathered some intelligence on, and so they were off, not knowing who would come back, and if those who did come back would return with empty hands. During the battle for the treasure ship, the current captain died, and Morgan quickly took over command, leading the crew to a victory, despite several deaths. When the ship returned, they held a few minutes to respect the dead, before they began celebrating their new riches. Morgan Vane was unanimously chosen as captain, given how he had led them to victory.

Him and his ship continued their upward ascent in glory, but in recent times they had had some trouble finding treasure. Morgan Vane's approval among the ranks was decreasing, and there was a newcomer who was threatening to uproot him. Around this time, Morgan had fallen for one of their supplier's daughters, who he was romancing. Little did he know how she would turn her back on him. She betrayed him, giving him low-quality ammunition and weapons from his last large order, which the Alhambra would use to catch a rumored treasure galleon traveling in nearby waters. Without the new weapons, the fight quickly degenerated into an escape, and Morgan was deposed and tossed out to sea. From there, Morgan was found by the Vendetta, where he was promptly tied up and taken captive, if for nothing else than his reputation and former position.
Weapons/Equipment Prefers to use a large, heavy two-handed sword, almost like a cleaver. Sometimes uses a pistol and a hammer instead, when fighting with more of his raw strength.
Character's Ons: Submissive or dominant woman, rough foreplay and sex, public touching, romance, women that play hard-to-get
Character's Offs: Anal, blood play
Player's Ons: Check my O/Os and my character's O/Os!
Player's Offs: Check my O/Os and my character's O/Os!
Don't know if you want to roleplay with me? The answer is yes, you do. But fine, I guess I'll give you one of these: Ons and Offs, as well as a Wishlist.

Urbanzorro

@Deathnote: Lets go ahead and make him the ship's lookout/cartographer, he can be tasked with keeping an open eye from the crowd nest and also providing maps to the quartermaster so that the quartermaster has more than one perspective to insure his navigations are as accurate as possible.

@KariaShinzou: can't wait to see her

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

bubby

Juggtacular

MistressofPen

Work...another one of those four-letter words; one of few I dislike.

Rave

Do we have like an approximate date regarding when this RP will start off? :P

Urbanzorro

Tonight or tomorrow, depending on how work/classes treat me. We will start with our crew running down and taking a small merchant ship, which will allow us to capture our still free captive and get things rolling.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

AdrianZef

@Urbanzorro, any comments on my character or anything I need to change?

Urbanzorro

And here is the IC Thread. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=197431.0

Game Start, now get postin ye crew/captives o'mine! :-)

@ AdrianZef: He looks good and is accepted!

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

AdrianZef

MistressofPen

Quote from: Urbanzorro on February 17, 2014, 04:43:39 PM
And here is the IC Thread. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=197431.0

Game Start, now get postin ye crew/captives o'mine! :-)

@ AdrianZef: He looks good and is accepted!

Do I wait for C approval or assume it's  a go?

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.