[Seeking Additional Players] Raidy's New Adventure (Fantasy, F/F, Light-NC)

Started by Daril, November 01, 2012, 12:31:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daril

I thought it might be fun to do a roleplay based on a Japanese adult RPG series called Lightning Warrior Raidy (which I haven't actually played but have seen images and some censored gameplay videos from).  These games cast the player in the role of Raidy, a wandering heroine in a sword and sorcery world who has to rescue a bunch of kidnapped girls from various lesbian dominatrixes.  The big draw of the series is that if Raidy loses a boss fight she gets captured and subjected to her enemy's fetishes, but if she wins she gives them a taste of their own medicine.   :-)

Actually the games are far from perfect, but I think the basic premise has potential and could form the basis of a fun forum rpg.  We can probably tweak the content to suit the Ons and Offs of the players involved (I for one can do without the enemas that occasionally make an appearance in the games).

One thing I'd like to do in this RPG is have some companions join our heroine in her quests.  I have an idea for a character named Fana whose appearance is based on a dark skinned elf girl from another adult game.  She's an adventurer like Raidy, but she's been at it longer (she's an elf after all, albeit a fairly young one) and is much more of a flirt/tease. Where Raidy might get flustered if an enemy she's about to fight asks if she'd mind having hot wax dribbled on her, Fana might tell her opponent that "That sounds like fun" but that she'll have to pass because she has delicate skin.  ;D

Other party members could join the two later, perhaps after being rescued by them.  Raidy's rescued plenty of cute girls in the past, perhaps one of them wants to be like her but isn't strong enough to succeed on her own yet.  Or maybe a local priestess/shrine maiden type was trying to exorcise a demoness and got captured instead (it might be fun to have such a pure character discover she's into kinky stuff because of what happens before and after her rescue).  Heck, maybe one of Raidy's old enemies couldn't get enough of being punished by her and wants Raidy to be her mistress (which would probably annoy the heck out of the poor lightning warrior).

Edit(s): I now have a GM and a player for Raidy, but could still use players for one or two more party members.  I've also started a roleplay thread where Shana and I have been playing out the first meeting between Raidy and Fana.  At this point we're about ready to get into the game itself, so if you're interested in joining please express your interest here or in the OOC thread.

Vassus

Oh bother. I very much doubt, that, even if I had all the time and energy I wanted, I could really play Raidy. Though, I'd be more than happy to play another party member, when needed.
E-Mail: radically.irrelevant@gmail.com

Did you know: "polish" is a word that completely changes it's meaning when you capitalize the first letter?

AurelieCatena

I don't know anything about this Raidy but from what I have gathered about this game on Internet, I believe I could enjoy playing her. But only if Chrystal agrees to GM this game.

Daril

Thanks for the interest Aurelie.  Unfortunately your Ons and Offs indicate that you're probably looking for something far more S&M oriented than what I had in mind.  While the kinky stuff involving the heroines and their foes is certainly a key element I was planning to include a lot of lighter stuff (like my character's flirting and attempts to coax the heroine into bed with her) which probably wouldn't appeal to you.

AurelieCatena

Indeed. And also, I contacted Chrystal, who was not interested by this plot.

So, I'm out. Have fun, honeys!

Daril

Thanks for being understanding.

I've reclassified this as Light-NC to emphasize that there's supposed to be lighter content in addition to the NC stuff.

Also, I should maybe say a bit on gameplay.  I intend for this to be largely freeform, with perhaps the occasional dice roll just to inject a bit of randomness.  (I don't want to get into complex stuff, but it might be interesting to just roll a single dice to see whether the heroines or their enemy wins a fight at some point).

One thing is that unlike the games, I'm thinking losing to the enemy doesn't necessarily mean game over.  Our heroines can potentially escape.  Or possibly we could have only part of the party gets captured, with the rest of the party rescuing them later on.  I figure Fana would enjoy teasing her comrades about how cute they look in whatever predicament they're in before releasing them.  Which of course would give them an opportunity to pay her back at some later point when karma catches up to her and the situation is reversed. :)

ShanaTheIV

I might be willing to play as Raidy or something else for that matter. Haven't decided yet. I love the series even... though... I haven't played the games either and the censored content kinda holds it back a little. Wasn't there an uncensored version?

Sethala

Raidy, hm?  Now where have I heard that before... :P

I'd definitely like to join in on this.  Might even be willing to GM it; I've got a few ideas for how to run various things.  Expect the dungeon to be a little more complex than the in-game ones...  >:)

*shameless plug*  If anyone's interested in playing the computer game, JastUSA has the first two for sale, translated and uncensored.  Hopefully there's enough interest in the first two games for them to get the license to translate the third one. *end shameless plug*

Daril

Cool.  It would be good to have someone with a good knowledge of the series on board.

Any idea what kind of character you might want to play yet, or do you still need to decide?  Shana kind of has first dibs on the main heroine at the moment since we were going to do a little trial run of the meeting between Raidy and Fana via PM.  I'll try not to keep you waiting too long with that.  (Hopefully you're okay with Fana's prominence thus far, it is perhaps a bit presumptuous of me to make my party member's meeting with the main heroine the starting point of the RPG.)

Can I maybe discuss a bit about what you've have in mind if you were going to GM the game via PM?

Sethala

Daril

Some updates on this.

Sethala will be the GM for this game, at least once Raidy and Fana have finished their introduction and arrive in the first town.

I've started up the actual IC thread for this RPG, though so far it's mostly just playing out the first meeting between Raidy and Fana.  I plan to try to wrap that up reasonably quickly so that things can move forward.

I'm looking to add perhaps two more player characters to the party, though perhaps not both at once.  I'll post some ideas with regards to those considerations (the type of characters to add to the party and how to get them involved) shortly, perhaps in the OOC Thread that I'm going to try to get up in the near future.

Edit: Sethala will handle making the OOC thread since he's the GM now.

Sethala

Hey, thanks for letting me run this, Daril.

So, I figure the appropriate course is to have this in a trap-filled dungeon, of course.  I plan on drawing up the dungeon beforehand, though it'll be rather flexible as to what happens where.  Expect hidden passages, all sorts of traps, and maybe some of those teleporters. (If anyone's played through the first game, you'll know the ones I'm talking about.)  The game's still freeform, but you'll have to be clever to find your way around some parts...

I'll admit that I'm rather fond of the idea of half the party getting captured, so some of the traps might be designed to split the party - an iron portcullis that slams down after someone's walked past, maybe, or a trapdoor that dumps a few members down to the floor below.  (I think, to keep things organized, I'll start up a second IC thread so that we don't get confused with cross-posting.)

Sethala

And, OOC thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=156851.0

Ok, now I've got the link going to the right thread...

Daril

Raidy and Fana's first meeting is more or less complete, so we're about ready to get into the main storyline.  I have some character ideas that players who are interested in joining in are welcome to use if they wish to.  If you're interested in joining please post either her or in the OOC thread.

Character Ideas

One character idea I mentioned previously was  a priestess/shrine maiden type character.  She'd be called upon to deal with a demon but end up getting into trouble so that Raidy's party could rescue her.  In the course of events before and after her rescue she could discover that she likes kinky things (either having them done to her, or seeing them done to others, or perhaps both).

Another character idea I had was that one (or maybe more) of the girls Raidy rescued is trying to follow in her footsteps but is still getting the hang of the whole adventuress thing.  I think the girl Raidy rescued from Fon Fon (WARNING: Very NSFW) and the girl she rescued from the Sorceress (WARNING: Very NSFW) are particularly attractive, but there are other potential choices among the girls she rescued in the games as well.  There's also a girl from another game who I think could serve as a model for a character like this. (Picture One (WARNING: Very NSFW), Picture Two (Warning: Very NSFW)).  I'd actually considered playing a character based on that girl since as a Raidy fangirl she'd probably be paying a lot more attention to Raidy than to Fana (my character).

Edit: Actually, that one girl with the winged circlet might also work as some sort of clumsy/inexperienced knight or knight wannabe.

There was also another  idea I had that was based on a character from that game (WARNING: Very NSFW). (Apologies that she's being screwed by a guy in that pic, but I had trouble finding a good picture to represent her.) She's a young half-elf whom the woman leading a band of slavers took a liking to and kept as a pet.  After being freed after several years in captivity she might be seeking someone who could provide her with a sense of direction.  She wouldn't have any combat training but she might have some acrobatic training or know some magic tricks that could be adapted for tactical use.

I suppose I'm a bit inclined towards having some characters who are less experienced that Raidy and Fana so that the party isn't too overpowered (and so Raidy and Fana have some cute younger girls to act as mentors/big sisters towards).  So hopefully there are some of you who are okay with playing novice characters.  If not then suggest the kinds of characters you would like to play.

There was also the idea of having a defeated enemy join the party, though that has its complications, especially if some of the other party members are girls Raidy had rescued (they might not take kindly to the idea).

Sethala

By the way, feel free to either make a new character or use an existing one.  The bosses from the first game ended up as helpful NPCs in the second game and apparently are party members in the third, so even the villains are fair game to join as party members.

Also, if anyone wants to play as an antagonist, that's fine too.  You won't get as much "screen time" as the party members, but I can work something out with you regardless.