So....Sci-Fi Pathfinder, anyone? (Interest Check)

Started by Angie, February 16, 2015, 03:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

Things Mr. Welsh is no longer allowed to do in an RPG: I will not play a "Svirfnblin" just to force the rest of the group to properly pronounce the name.

Sorry about that, continue making characters.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Chulanowa

Ogres are actually in the advanced Race Guide... they're pretty high up on the race point scale though (23 RP). Can't find anything for minotaur besides the bestiary entry (and they're dumb as rocks) and the Midgard campaign setting (agile as a rock and still kinda dumb)

Time to meditate!

D12

I'm thinking Gillman; could I re-fluff something like a Bathtub as a water tank to sleep in and/or what should/could I buy with regards to an reverse scuba suit? (encase we're away from the ship for more than 24 hours)
Quote from: Angiejuusan
D12 has earned the power of the GM's Laughter! This does nothing but tell the world you made the GM laugh out loud!

Chulanowa

Quote from: D12 on February 16, 2015, 08:52:29 PM
I'm thinking Gillman; could I re-fluff something like a Bathtub as a water tank to sleep in and/or what should/could I buy with regards to an reverse scuba suit? (encase we're away from the ship for more than 24 hours)

Familiar Folio brought aquarium balls to the game. we could make a giant one and just roll him around in it.  ;D

D12

D12 has earned the power of the GM's Laughter! This does nothing but tell the world you made the GM laugh out loud!

Angie

For Gillmen, well, since I did see Jupiter Ascending, I'm going to allow for the purchase of emergency water filled suits, colloquially called "Dunk Tanks", 1 for 10 gp.

Also, you have your water tank to sleep in. It's not incredibly hard in my mind to make a container full of water, so go for it. Additionally, food and water on your ship won't be something you need to keep track of-assume really good water recyclers and crates upon crates of soy, which, while unappetizing, will at least keep you going. Resupply on world is what will be the problem.

And speaking of money-same system, just replace "pieces" with "credits" (So, copper credits, silver credits, gold credits, and platinum credits).

ExisD

Do we need to keep track of gunpowder and bullets with full gp values?

Angie

Gunpower no, bullets I say yes (just call 'em charge packs or something).

D12

Hmm... so. Familiars.

I am torn between something useful and a blue ring octopus.

ExisD

Quote from: D12 on February 16, 2015, 11:32:51 PM
Hmm... so. Familiars.

I am torn between something useful and a blue ring octopus.

Space-topus with its own land suit?

D12

How much would an eight-armed land suit cost?

I just wanted to call him Ringo.
Maybe maintain that he's a wonderful drummer.

Green Goo Theory

I see all races allowed.  How about any class restrictions...? I ask (and continue asking and throw suggestions out) since "Everyone is allowed" very quickly becomes "I never thought of that.  Let's exclude that too" in my own experience. 
Coming soon...

Angie

I have had an Artificer who built a Katana that critted on 13-20, and I STILL managed to challenge him. Go ahead. I encourage you to do what you like...so I can turn it all against you.

D12

Can I train my Octopus to fire eight pistols at once?

Angie

Quote from: D12 on February 17, 2015, 12:01:05 AM
Can I train my Octopus to fire eight pistols at once?

Absolutely not. I don't care HOW intelligent an octopus gets, no eight gun fighting unless I can send a squad of much bigger eight gun wielding octopi after you in return.

ExisD

Well I have a bunch of mechanics done and a bit for backstory.

Unfortunately, her build won't really come online until level 6 or 7, stupid needing way too many feats for two weapon fighting and ranged combat. Each level from will be a huge benefit for her though.

Astrid

Current Backstory: Astrid was born with two particular talents, keeping herself out of sight and being good in a fight. The first was helped by the abilities that all Fetchlings have and the later was definitely made more difficult by the fact that she's sort of an idiot. While physically talented she chose to train in a rather showy combat style that's very hard to properly use.

She also never managed to get the distinction between you could fight and you should fight down. This resulted in her getting kicked out of many different towns and cities until she wound up on the 'rusty shitbox' where someone else could tell her when she should shoot someone's face off or scare them enough to make them wet themselves.

Angie

I will say one thing: if you plan on doing a class or race that isn't Core, PM me first so I can look it over. Mostly just because I wanna see what you're doing. I'm not familiar with absolutely everything and I appreciate the chance to talk your choices over with you.

That said, Astrid is the first approved! We have 5 slots remaining. And yes, it is first come first serve.

D12

A familiar has 7 INT at level 3 :P
A blue ring octopus's base DEX is 21, he'd be a mad crazy gun-fighter :P
Although I'm not exactly certain how to get him Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Pistols). I don't know of any feats that grant your familiar a feat.
Alas, Ringo the watch-octopus shall have to remain unarmed.

Can I take Evolved Familiar (Gills) to re-fluff it to Evolved Familiar (Lungs) so that my octopus becomes amphibious?

I still have to work out the majority of her backstory; I'm thinking something along the lines of Firefly or something. Blackmarketeer of some genre.

Mera Nova & Ringo

EDIT: And shopping I need to shop.

Angie

I will allow the lungs. Wow that sounds like something so far out of context.

Anyway, finish her up and I'll give mera the stamp.

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: Angiejuusan on February 16, 2015, 11:59:39 PM
I have had an Artificer who built a Katana that critted on 13-20, and I STILL managed to challenge him. Go ahead. I encourage you to do what you like...so I can turn it all against you.

Don't say that....  Then it just won't be any fun for anyone else as I use Tippy-esque tricks... 

In all seriousness I wouldn't do that.  I usually try to play to the same overall level as the rest of the group.  Only exceptions are usually when I just find something really fun and it's usually weaker.  I was more interested in things that may be thematically inappropriate in your mind for class selection. 

Coming soon...

Angie

If ya wanna play, say, a Goblin Wizard (a race notorious for mistrusting arcane magic) I'm not stopping you-I do ask you come up with a damn good reason, though.

D12

Alright. I think Mera is all set. Lemme know if there's anything I forgot.
She's set up to be kind of a healer / potion maker.

rikka

Not sure if this has been asked but are hit points beyond 1st rolled randomly or average?
Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

Angie

Quote from: rikka on February 17, 2015, 01:42:53 AM
Not sure if this has been asked but are hit points beyond 1st rolled randomly or average?

You may select which method you prefer. If you roll, well, show me.

Chulanowa

Bedtime for now, will put brain to paper tomorrah