Star Horizon [Sci-Fi Survival Horror Interest Check] LGBTQ+

Started by Dhampyress, May 25, 2018, 04:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhampyress

GMs: Blissy
Co GMs: Novembers Bleed
Please contact us for any further questions.

Concept
Star Horizon is a tentative survival horror role-play concept. The concept is inspired by a number of conventional elements spread through a variety of different science fiction horror . It's direction is to use a semi-sand box experience with a strong GM-driven interactive story. The setting would take place in an isolated, but rather vast Space Station; known as Star Horizon. The station would be located in the far reaches of deep space, while taking place in a futuristic set piece. The station served as an experimental science and technology facility for several years before going dark. Communications from the station have been down for several months.

The dangers of this setting would be divided into several different forms. There would be the  environmental concerns of the station staying habitable, as it's been slowly falling apart, following a devastating and mysterious power surge that originally led the station to go dark. Additionally the last transmissions received from the station came with strange disturbing sounds of several unknown origins. Something has gone terribly wrong at Star Horizon and whatever that is has only grown worse in the last several months. Non environmental dangers on the station would come in three forms; Parasitic, Biomechanic, and Occult.

Player Characters
The PC's (player characters) would play the protagonists in this concept. The protagonists would be crew members who were put into cryogenic sleep, several weeks before the devastation. These characters would be awoken from cyrogenic sleep with distorted memories, caused by the actions of a mysterious station android, that would be played by myself. These characters would be able to remember who they are, and what they did on the station, but they would know nothing about what has caused the current circumstances that would start the game. The ultimate goal for the player base is to survive, and unchart the mysterious of the Star Horizon. I'd encourage exploration and interaction not just with fellow players, but the world itself, which will be as expansive as players may desire it to be. The expansion of the space station will actually depend on the players desire to explore it, further opening up access to it's many levels and further secrets. Or the cast can simply try and escape. The protagonists would be put into a group of six to eight, depending on the final turn out number of interest. I'm only looking for a maximum number of eight other writers to fill up roles. Myself is not included in that number as I'd be playing a few characters meant to lightly guide the story forward, but would not consider these characters as true members of the cast.

There would be only one player group that may later be divided into two smaller groups, for story-telling purposes. Players would not be limited to these groups however, and may go and come as they please, among the station. The focus of the game would surround around the central cast of remaining crew members that would be the only known survivors left on the ship. Each crew member would fit an archetypal role, that's fitting of a space station, to bring something to the group. Each character would be different from the next. There will be no doubles of any one archetype, making each character unique in their skills and weaknesses. The goal of these survivors is to work together as each of them brings something vital to the group. The group would grow among one another and cooperate to overcome certain situations and would be encouraged to work as a team, rather than individually.

As it currently is; my list of roles for the cast would be as follows. I may be open to openning up one more role, that isn't already listed here. However, the role would need to stand out from the other characters tropes.

The Researcher (The Brain) - Reserved by: Re Z L
The Security Officer (The Brawns) - Reserved by: Heinakori
The Engineer (The Tech) - Reserved  by: Chreestafer
The Medic (The Doc) - Reserved by: November Bleeds
The Pilot (The Pilot) - Taken by: CurvyKitten
The Pathfinder (The Explorer) - Taken by: Iejir
The Scraper (The Scavenger) - Taken by: Kyrsa
The Citizen (Simply someone who had residence on the station prior to events) - Reserved by: Mayna
The Hacker (Likely a convict) - Reserved by: Lingo
The Personnel (Staff / Jack-of-all-trades) - Reserved by: El Maligno
Custodian (Janitor) - Reserved by: nastroma

Alongside character sheets I'd be implementing a very simplistic points sheet to help manage character strengths. These strengths and weaknesses of these characters, would factor into the experiences that befallen them in the current dangerous circumstances that have consumed the space station. I'd be expanding on this system after enough interest is shown for me to proceed forward.

What to expect from the game

• Survival horror / Isolation
  • Alien/Occult/Psychological forms of horror
  • Mystery
  • Story Driven
  • Science Fiction
  • Semi-sandbox
  • GM driven
  • Prompts and choices
  • Freeform choices
  • Dicerolls to assist with exploration and combat
  • Minimal character sheets using small numbers to assist with balancing strengths and weaknesses
  • Inventory / Item system; to regulate & track player inventories.

What we're searching for from players

• One paragraph minimum
  • One post a week minimum with exceptions
  • Willing to work together with other players
  • Appeal toward horror, adventure, with slight drama
  • Realism; to the spiritual sense of the game. This is a horror game.
  • Open to potential light archetypes that differ from one another

Where to from here?
As I stated above; this is a tentative interest check. If the concept appeals to you please let me know here. You may feel free to reserve character roles at any time. Once and if this thread picks up enough interest, I will expand briefly on some of the information provided here at that time. I have further ideas for a story and details to add to the stations creativity. I will post these once and if this interest check collects enough interest.

Dhampyress

Star Log Of Subsequent Days Upon The Star Horizon
(Everything you need to know leading up to the beginning of the role-play.. Written by: Korbin Thompson.. a now missing member of the crew)
Please read this for further insight into very elements that are in play aboard the station.
The Star Log (Recent)

Year:: 2758

-A Monday. Star Horizon received another large shipment of supplies from the earth resource team. Supplies included everything needed to keep the station running fit and well for the next five years. It's going to get crowded down in the cargo bay, if they don't organize those new supplies properly. I know we got a lot of newcomers coming in but, this is a lot of supplies.. I thought my group was going soon? Free to go? Maybe not. Ah well, I got to speak with the logistics in charge of this... End Log.

-A Tuesday. Star Horizon received a minor batch shipment of new recruits. Each of which were recently fit with their roles on the station. Training processes have been smooth and simplistic. Advanced training will presume sometime next week... Never did like the way things worked around here. Training is slow and the new recruits are always a handful. Noisy bunch these ones are. Whatever, they're suppose to be my replacements so who cares right? Bunch of underachievers I think, not like it matters.... End Log.

-A Wednesday. The “research” team up in Delta Lab received their first phenomenal breakthrough. I'm not sure if I should be thrilled or freaked the hell out? Those scientists were working on some weird stuff that kinda gave me the creeps. The contents of this report have been kept confidential until allowed to be released by central command of the research division. Just more stuff I need to log, but don't really care about.. This job sucks. Can't I go home soon? Jesus! ... End Log.

-A Thursday. The station seems lively, things are going well and the division responsible for technological development has apparently been experimenting with a form of new technology that they believe will bring a breakthrough within a short time. If you ask me, their just jealous of the folks in Delta. They want to make it seem like their on to something. Everybody knows about the beef Delta lab has with Alpha lab and frankly everyone’s getting tired of hearing about it. Be it what it is at least the folks around here still have high spirits, even despite the fact that a few of the crew went mysteriously missing below deck. Bunch of the engineers that more or less live below deck, are on their toes about it. They won't stop talking about it. They've been talking about weird sounds coming from near the core, but they get all hush hush about it when security comes through. Seems everyone around here has got secrets. Least I got a bud or two to gossip about it with. It's nice to have someone to spread rubbish with. Especially when you feel you've been left in the dark about mostly everything outside your field, on this metal hunk of space wonder.... End Log.

-A Friday. That damn A.I: CRONOS, that oversees the station, has been acting up again. To make matters worse; power to the station was lost for several hours, but quickly restored. Everyone was a little rattled up, but things are going well again, even if that A.I doesn't seem to be providing answers as to what the cause was. Engineers certainly don't know what it was. If you ask me I think there's something off about CRONOS. Never did like computers, never understood the ones that could think like that.. Weirds me out a whole lot.. But who cares, accidents happen right? At least the engineers got things back up and running. Everything seems normal even without a concrete explanation.... End Log.

-A Saturday. The exploration teams that go outside the ship have been talking about some amazing archaeological discovery on the second closest moon to the station, Typon XI. They've undisclosed what it is, and refuse to tell us what is going on out there.. I’m going to keep on trying to figure out what's so damn special about it. Between everything that's been happening more answers is certainly better than less.... End Log.

-A Sunday. I always knew there was something fishy about ATLAS technologies. Don't get me wrong. What's good for the Star Horizon is probably better for all of us, but ATLAS has released some faulty droids on more than one occasion. People seem to get so blind-slighted by the cosmetic appeal of the bots that fill up almost every aide side role on the station. Those damn TX bot's aren't nearly as dependable as they are pretty. A buddy of mine had a pretty close call with one of the service girls at the crew lounge. There was blood everywhere, he's lucky he didn't lose anything vital. The particular unit has been deactivated and scrapped, but there are just somethings you can't unsee.

-A Monday. Since that special discovery the other day, things have been getting a little weird around here. People that normally talk about things just started shutting up. I don't know what's got into everybody, but it's like were not allowed to be curious around here, and suddenly being social about anything other than duty, or protocol, is hard to come by. Whatever, I'll just try not to let it bother me.... End Log.

-A Tuesday. It's like people are disappearing around here... Those few missing members earlier on in the week we’re just scratching the surface. The halls are getting less crowded and people aren't all in each others way anymore. It's a bit weird. Everyone’s been hush hush about everything, so it's been tough to find a source of explanation. I swear the station was twice as populated just the other day. It's becoming eerie just how well I can hear myself think, but maybe it's the thinking that's really freaking me out.... End Log.

-A Wednesday. I have no idea what's going on.. This is insane. I was taking a stroll through R&R to relax over at the Cantina and I saw something ghastly come flying out of medical. Few minutes later there was a floor wide security breach and everyone was on lock-down. I tried to relocate with the folks in the Cantina but something abhorrent chased me to the Mess Hall! Just the other day things were quiet, but now.. I'm hiding in a damn vent that leads out of Mess Hall A, on the third floor. I don't want to go out there again.. I'm not going back out there again with whatever the hell I just saw trying to tear people apart. God knows what-.......! ... End Log.

-A Thursday. Maybe I was dreaming? I can't remember a damn thing... All of last week is blank. I checked my PDA to refer back to everything I logged and I don't remember writing any of this. My head feels heavy and my body weak, like I haven't slept in days.. I'm just going to curl up here and sleep for a bit.. I'll finish this log later..... End Log.

-A Friday...... The door is shut... ... End Log.

-End of logs..

Character & Stats Sheet

[float=left][img height=375 padding=8]Image 1 here[/img]
[img height=155 padding=10]Image 2 here (optional)[/img][img height=155 padding=10]Image 3 here (optional)[/img][/float]
[b]Face Claim[/b]:
[b]Character Name[/b]:
[b]Nicknames & Alias[/b]:
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Gender[/b]:
[b]Sexuality[/b]:
[b]Ethnicity[/b]:
[b]Role/Job[/b]: (What does your character do at Star Horizon. Why are they here?)
[b]Starting Inventory[/b]: (Two max. Make them relevant to your character. These will be rp'd in within their first posts. These items will be found in front of your character upon awakening from cryogenic sleep)
[b]Personality Traits[/b]: [Three key traits minimum]
[b]Hobbies & Interest[/b]: [Help further define your character, what makes them who they are? Optional.]
[b]Pet peeves[/b]:
[b]Habits & Mannerisms[/b]: [Little things that define your character physically or mental. Ex: Biting your nails, negative thinking, quick to assumptions.]
[b]Distinguishing Figures[/b]: [Besides their photo, what else defines them?]
[b]Character Fears[/b]: [No less than two]
[b]Secrets[/b]: [Have fun with this. It can be anything from dark to dirty. Only your character knows this. These will only be known by the GM’s.]

Strengths & Weaknesses [Points system]
[b]20 Points Only! Spend wisely.[/b]

[b]Strength [/b]: [i](Hands on capability. Ability to carry weight or use physical force)[/i]
[b]Will / Tenacity[/b]: [i](Your characters ability to motivate themselves. To do things. To take pain or endure pain.)[/i]
[b]Dexterity[/b]: [i](Ability to perform at said role of expertise)[/i] :
[b]Agility / Stamina / Athleticism[/b]: [i](How nimble is your character? Can they pace themselves while on the move?)[/i] :
[b]Combat[/b] : (This reflects your characters hand to hand skills)
[b]Weaponry[/b]: [i](This reflects your characters ability with wielding a weapon)[/i]
[b]Intelligence / Knowledge[/b]: [i](This isn't common sense. Everyone has that to some extent. This is your characters ability to really think on intricate levels. Eg; Solve puzzles and apply logic in useful ways) [/i]

[b]Bio[/b]: (This should also include why they are aboard the Star Horizon.)

[b]!Disclaimer! By filling this character template out you are giving consent to take part in a role-play where your character will not always win. You accept this and the consequences that come with your characters actions and decision. No one character in this role-play is immune to death. Please provide your Elliquiy username at the end of your application with the words “Sincerely”.[/b]

Please PM any character sheets to myself and November Bleeds. Once they are reviewed we will give you the okay to post them publicly here on the interest check. A character archive will be made once we've started collecting a few character sheets.

20 points to spread out through the six categories below! As mentioned above, this system exists within your character profile to provide a sense of strength and weakness to them. This MUST be applied to the end of your characters profile upon posting your application on the interest check thread. If there is any confusion regarding this system, please do not hesitate to ask how this would work through PM or thread.

Small and important things for you to know while creating your character using the points system.
- You may only have a single “5” in one category only. This exists to keep your character balanced within their role on ship.
- Any “5's” will grant your character a hidden bonus to actions associated with that particular skill category.
-Each player with a “5” will be given a very moderate passive ability or perk effect. For example “The Medic does a better job tending to wounds then a self patch up would do. Or, the Scraper could spot worth in junk that others could not.” These categories will be more efficient in the higher the number they have in each category.
- Further explanation on rolls and the system will be shortly.

November Bleeds

Slides into thread

Co-GM / Medic here. :D Interested, of course. Curious to see where this group game is headed!

TheSecretsofMe

Lady Sakura

I love survival horror games! Planting a flag of interest here. Though I'll have to see if I can dedicate the time to it. I'll have a lot on my plate come June.

Dhampyress

Glad to see some interest.

Once we have more interest I'll see to releasing the character sheets! :-)

Blythe

Tentative interest! I'm most intrigued at the idea of playing as The Hacker~

Mayna

Well im looking forward to trying this one.  Very interested!

Kye

Tentative interest as well.  Would be most interested in The Scraper.

CurvyKitten

Go ahead and reserve the pilot for me.  :) please and thank you!

Dhampyress

Quote from: CurvyKitten on May 27, 2018, 01:47:09 PM
Go ahead and reserve the pilot for me.  :) please and thank you!

Will do. :-)

And I'm thrilled to see so much interest. I'll be working on the character sheet layout today.

Iejir

Also tentative interest and would be most interested in the Security Officer.

Re Z L

Been mulling over this for a bit, sounds like a cool idea...I'm getting a distinct Pandorum and Event Horizon vibe.

The Researcher position sounds like it'd be fun  ;D
A&A

Dhampyress

Oh seeing all this interest is absolutely wonderful! I've been working away to bring character sheets up, as well further information about the Star Horizons subsequent days into its, current, chaotic state, to all of you. With that said the Character Sheets, and Star Log, have both been added to the thread. Feel free to start putting character concepts together. Please PM any character sheets to myself and November Bleeds. Once they are reviewed we will give you the okay to post them publicly here on the interest check. A character archive will be made once we've started collecting a few character sheets. I've also updated the roles to reflect where interest stands currently. In the event you'd like to switch roles simply just ask.

I also wanted to announce that I'm opening two more roles up, with a third reservation. Both of these roles are open to player interest.

The first role will be The Pathfinder, who we've separated from the Pilot role. The Pathfinder role will be it's own individual role. We'll be treating the Pathfinder as someone who's been on world to some of the Star Horizon's surrounding planets and has some experience in excavation or exploring.

The second role is The Personnel, who is something of a jack of all trades. We'd like to approach this role as a sort of in training individual aboard the station, who has yet to be placed in an exact field of expertise. Think of them as a neophyte aboard the station.

The third is and reserved role is The Custodian. The Custodian is someone who tends to the stations general cleanliness and has knowledge of the ships corridors and secrets.

We'll be opening a F.A.Q.S section next and currently have our focus on system elements of the game!

Iejir

I love the new roles spinning up.

Please swap me to 'The Pathfinder'.

Dhampyress

Quote from: Iejir on May 28, 2018, 02:13:31 AM
I love the new roles spinning up.

Please swap me to 'The Pathfinder'.

I've readjusted the role reservation for you. :-)

Hamadryad

I'm interested in playing the security officer. Ill try and get a sheet in today.

Serana

I would be interested in playing the personnel! :D

I can get a character sheet together tomorrow, if that's alright? Have to get to bed early tonight but have time after work tomorrow :)

Lingo

Hiya, I wanted to show my interest here as well- sadly it looks like all roles are spoken for, but please let me know if here are any other roles that could open up!

Re Z L

Is there a specific research field that would be best?  Could probably wing it to be just about anything judging by the vague blurb in the little intro post.

I figure some form of biology would at least cross over neatly with the Medic and/or physics could potentially intersect with the engineer.
A&A

Dhampyress

Quote from: Hamadryad on May 29, 2018, 06:08:32 PM
I'm interested in playing the security officer. Ill try and get a sheet in today.

Looking forward to what you might come up with! :-)

Quote from: Serana on May 29, 2018, 08:08:46 PM
I would be interested in playing the personnel! :D

I can get a character sheet together tomorrow, if that's alright? Have to get to bed early tonight but have time after work tomorrow :)

That perfectly alright. I'll reserve the personnel for you in the meantime.

Quote from: Lingo on May 29, 2018, 08:56:51 PM
Hiya, I wanted to show my interest here as well- sadly it looks like all roles are spoken for, but please let me know if here are any other roles that could open up!

If a role opens up I'll certainly let you know! :-)

Quote from: Re Z L on May 29, 2018, 08:57:59 PM
Is there a specific research field that would be best?  Could probably wing it to be just about anything judging by the vague blurb in the little intro post.

I figure some form of biology would at least cross over neatly with the Medic and/or physics could potentially intersect with the engineer.

There is no specific standard of research you'd have to choose from. Feel free to do whatever is interesting for you and the character concept you might be working on.

Blythe

Heya, I will have to withdraw my interest! This looks like an absolutely amazing game, but a strong character idea just isn't coalescing in my mind for it, so I'd rather go ahead and bow out.

Happy gaming to everyone, though, and I hope the group is enjoyable! (If I get more free time I just might have to at least read along given the talented people showing interest; I bet it'll be a great read!) ^^

nastroma

Hello hello! Your friendly neighborhood custodian is present and ready.

CurvyKitten

I'm trying to work on this sheet, my muse is being evil. But I'm still trying.

Dhampyress

Quote from: CurvyKitten on May 31, 2018, 08:41:44 PM
I'm trying to work on this sheet, my muse is being evil. But I'm still trying.

Take your time! :P

Chreestafer

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

November Bleeds

Quote from: Chreestafer on May 31, 2018, 11:06:21 PM
Any open positions, love this concept :)

At the moment we are full! But we will let you know if anything happens.

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to give you all a quick update. Blissy and I have been working hard behind the scenes on this story and more information will be released soon. Thank you all for being so patient with us! At the moment, we're actually working on an interactive map for the group. We're also loving the profiles that everyone has sent in so far - can't wait to see the rest of them! But please, take your time.

That said of course, my character is the medic of the ship. If anyone would like to make character connections with him, he is open! Conner Briggs is the character name, Trey Baxter is his face claim. I should have his profile completed by this weekend =] Blissy's profile for her character will also be up very soon and she will post it publicly here.

CurvyKitten

I have everything done besides a bit of the background. I am working on that with November bleeds, been pestering him with questions hehe

Dhampyress

Quote from: CurvyKitten on June 03, 2018, 07:40:55 PM
I have everything done besides a bit of the background. I am working on that with November bleeds, been pestering him with questions hehe

Lovely. I'm glad he could help you out! Looking forward to seeing the final result of the sheet.

I'll also be posting my characters profile here tomorrow in case anyone has been waiting for that.

Chanticleer

I see you're full-up, but if any of those tentatives cancel, I will post a tentative 'second string'. :)
My current O/os (need work)

Iejir

My Pathfinder is ready to go!

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Face Claim: Ian Anthony Dale
Character Name: Alex Ikeda
Nicknames & Alias:
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Ethnicity: Asian/Caucasian
Role/Job: Pathfinder. Has an uncanny sense of navigation both in space and on land. Can plot a course through stars by hand and intuition almost as fast as it takes the astrometrics computer to make all necessary and precise calculations. In constructed environments (e.g., cities, ruins, stations), this intuition amplifies (the result of a childhood living on the streets).
Starting Inventory: Small satchel made of high-durability synthetic fabrics containing hand drawn star charts of constellations near the Star Horizon and a thick notebook containing drawings and notes from his travels on surrounding planets. An archaic folding knife.
Personality Traits: Courageous, Pragmatic, Risk-Inclined
Hobbies & Interest: Drinks like he means it and is a connoisseur of alcoholic beverages, the stronger the better. Has been seen to down a shot or two before plotting a course or heading out on a mission. He draws star charts and takes notes he intends to keep on paper (an archaic practice).
Pet peeves: People who say one thing and do another. Having to say or explain something twice
Habits & Mannerisms: Always takes the chair with his back to the wall or with good line of sight to the exit. Fiddles with the nearest stabbing capable implement when agitated or anxious. High chance of reacting violently when surprised with intimate proximity (e.g., touching him on the shoulder when he is unaware)
Distinguishing Figures: Has a jet black, tribal, dragon tattoo on his upper right arm. Also has a myriad of scars on his body from bullets, knives and explosions.
Character Fears: Technology failing or not working as intended. Biggest fear is being surrounded by hostiles with no accessible escape route.
Secrets: N/A

20 Points Only! Spend wisely.

Strength : 2
Will / Tenacity: 4
Dexterity: 2
Agility / Stamina / Athleticism: 5
Combat : 3
Weaponry: 1
Intelligence / Knowledge: 3

Bio: (This should also include why they are aboard the Star Horizon.)

According to official records: He lived as a ward of the state until the age of majority. He joined the military and was quickly pulled for training as a recon operative. He received training in space and land navigation and worked well alone and in small groups.

His service record is heavily redacted but shows participation in many engagements supplying intelligence on fleet maneuvers, army movements and scouting reports.

He had all the makings of a solid military career until he decided not to reup and worked as a consultant for a myriad of organizations, corporations and independent contracts, but never strayed far from the city he had hailed.

Until a day came that he applied and accepted the job for a Pathfinder aboard the star horizon.

Lingo

Hi! I have a majority of my character profile complete as well. Just am stuck on the details and some of the background X_x should be up soon!

Dhampyress

Quote from: Lingo on June 04, 2018, 08:11:12 PM
Hi! I have a majority of my character profile complete as well. Just am stuck on the details and some of the background X_x should be up soon!

No rush! Looking forward to it.  ;D

Kye

I got my Scraper finished up.  The character sheet is under the spoiler for those interested!

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Face Claim: Emily Rudd
Character Name: Dorsey Verrill
Nicknames & Alias:
Sexuality: Pansexual
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Role/Job: Supply Officer.  Can scavenge from anything, broken down equipment, unused cargo.  Somehow always manages to find what the Engineers need to fix the things that break. Also runs a bit of a black market on the side, getting people what they need through back channels.
Starting Inventory: Futuristic equivalent of a pocket knife and a small, handheld welder.
Personality Traits: Adaptable, Clever and Amoral
Hobbies & Interest: She loves to tinker and create things, their usefulness isn't important.  She likes to make little pocket-sized metal sculptures when she's thinking or stressed. Loves plants, which is completely at odds with the rest of her personality, and grows small potted plants when she can.
Pet peeves: Being interrupted or talked down to. People in her personal space.
Habits & Mannerisms: Quick to anger when someone touches on her pet peeves.  Always has to be doing something with her hands, even if it's just wringing them.  Ties hair up and takes it down all the time, can't settle on any one style throughout the day. Can look through things when she's thinking, or get lost in thought.
Distinguishing Figures: Has a little scar on her upper right arm that looks almost like an asterisk.
Character Fears: Feeling confined, is fine with small places, but not pressure on her body, especially in the dark.  An example would be someone hugging her for very long, or heavy blankets. Biggest fear is asphyxiation or running out of oxygen.
Secrets: N/A

Strength : 1
Will / Tenacity: 5
Dexterity: 4
Agility / Stamina / Athleticism: 4
Combat : 1
Weaponry: 2

Bio:Dorsey hasn't exactly had the easiest life, but then again who has? Her mother died young and she was raised by a doting father who wanted the very best for her, but his life left her exposed to the seedy underbelly of humanity.  She grew up in a rough part of the world, where crime was rampant and unfortunately her father wasn't able to stay out of it as she grew, though he tried not to let it touch her. 

He sent her to good schools and managed to help her get her grades up enough to ensure that she could get off-world if she wanted to, but it wasn't until after he was killed that she finally started to look for a job.  With no one left but a family friend she finally found an open position for supply management and procurement on the station.  She was thrilled when she was offered the position, and even more delighted when Alex was able to join her. 

She can't seem to shake all of her rough upbringing, and quickly became known as someone who could get items for a price.  How she got them and who her contacts off station are no one knows.

Serana

I'm working on getting my background done, should have it up in the next day or two :)

Iejir

CurvyKitten

Face Claim: Anllela Sagra
Character Name: Octavia Delacruz
Nicknames & Alias: Pilot Call sign Brink
Sexuality: Bi
Ethnicity: Colombian
Role/Job: Pilot
Starting Inventory: Large combat knife, and a two way communicator
Personality Traits: Bold, honest, loyal, reckless, flirty, stubborn, fun loving, cheeky, Hedonistic, determined, confident, strong willed,

Hobbies & Interest: Kick Boxing, music, old horror movies, racing, fast...anything (cars, motorcycles...), poker, good food (eating, she can't cook to save her life), good times with friends, good boozes,
Pet peeves: whiners, loud chewers, spoiled brats,
Habits & Mannerisms: popping her neck and fingers,
Distinguishing Figures: She has scars from an accident that occurred during a space walk while training. (see BG) From this she has a small scar below her right eye, and scars on her lower right rib cage and left thigh. They appear as if they were rough threw and threw bullet wounds.
Character Fears:
Spacewalks, after an accident during her training it scares the hell out of her. Nothing but some fabric and a bit of glass separating you from the vast expanse of space. And god what if your mag boots fail or your tether breaks?! You'd be floating in space till you just ran out of oxygen. Knowing the whole time that you were going to die at any moment.

Spiders...WHAT fuck off! They are creepy as hell!

Fear of ending up like her dad, a broken shell of a man due to his injuries and being kicked out of the space program.

Secrets: I'll never tell....

Strength : 3
Will / Tenacity: 3
Dexterity: 4 :
Agility / Stamina / Athleticism: 3 :
Intelligence / Knowledge: 2

Bio:
Octavia was born on an air force base just as her daddy was returning home. The excitement of him returning seemed to be too much for her mother. Then again if you asked her dad back then, he would say that she just couldn't wait to see him. So right there on the tar mack as the boys were lining up to be released her mother's water broke. All hell broke loose, it was like these boys hadn't just come home from combat. Thankfully the other military wife's had things under control. And Octavia was brought into the world with no real issues. But a damn good story to tell.

The first several years of her life seemed perfect. Even with her dad being away so much, they still managed to have a happy home. Her father always the returning hero when he arrived home and told her all about his adventures. All be it edited for his younger audience of course. She grew up listening to those stories and dreaming of becoming a pilot just like her dad.

As she grew up though things changed, not her dream, no that remained the same. But her motivations changed the moment her father did. It started out a happy story, her father had been accepted into the space program. He was going to be an ASTRONAUT! Octavia then 14 and her mother couldn't have been more excited or proud of him. Everything was right on track, but during a training session there was an accident and her father was injured. And despite his best efforts he was never really able to fully recover and was eventually given an honorable discharge. The loss hit him hard, it hit them all hard.

He tried for a long time to adjust to civilian life, bouncing from job to job. Her mother eventually had to go back to work as well which only made matters worse. Eventually, her father started drinking, only a few beers after work...at first. Soon he drank more, and more, till all he really did was make it from one drink to the next. He lost his job and ended up falling even deeper into a depression. Before she knew it the man Octavia once looked up to vanished and all that remained was a horrible reminder of what once was.

Years passed and the moment Octavia was able she enlisted into the air force she did. Not to follow in her father's footsteps, but to accomplish what he couldn't. It worried her mother but Octavia was determined to stay the course. Testing high enough to enter the military as a Warrant Officer. Having that certification and passing all her physical and beginning training allowed her to become a jet pilot. At the age of 20, Octavia gained her pilot license and began taking missions and flying for the US government till she was finally accepted into the space program just as her father had years before.

She tried to stay in contact with her mother but started to avoid ever returning home. The sight of her father and the spite that came from him became too much. And eventually he pushed her too far, the argument that followed was the last straw and she left home think to never return again. But the anger that came from that moment followed her. And one evening it showed when a fight broke out at a bar and Octavia beat a man so badly he was put in the hospital. She was arrested and charges were brought up. It became painfully clear that Octavia was about to lose what she had been working so hard for. But someone stepped in to save the day before she lost it all.

Nick her old Sargent and mentor paid her bail and said he'd help her. Not only because he knew her old man back in the day, but because she had the potential to be the best. And that was what he needed for his next mission. Explaining that there was a space station already established and able to support life for several years to come. But if Octavia went she'd most likely never be returning home ever again. That fact didn't bother Octavia in the least. So, of course, she agreed to go. It had after all been her dream to do just that since she was a kid.

The final stages of training passed quickly and Octavia soon found her launch day approaching. And for whatever reason Octavia found herself needing to go home one last time. It was then she found her mom living with her sister, and learned that her father had drunk himself to death only a few months prior. Octavia debated giving up on her dream and staying at home. But there was nothing she could do about any of it at that point. So Octavia returned to base and readied herself for the trip of a lifetime.

Once on the station, Octavia threw herself into a whole different stage of training. Everything she had learned on earth now being put into practice. Like finally being able to take her first spacewalk. And it was amazing, till the micrometeor shower rolled through and she found herself being run through by the small stones. Now the military and the space program prepared her for almost everything. And they had explained as best the could what would happen to a human body if it became exposed to space. But that explanation was nothing close to the real thing. The vacuum sucked all the oxygen from her lungs and made her blood spilled forth like a river. Her whole body began to freeze, and the pain, god the pain. It took only moments for Octavia to lose consciousness.

Octavia has no real idea how she made it back inside, but a week later she woke up in the infirmary. Connor the station's Doctor had managed to revive her and patch her back together. And as grateful as she was Conner soon found out that Octavia was the most stubborn and strong will(nerve wracking) patient he had ever had. But despite her inability to follow all her doctor's orders, Octavia was released to full active duty not long before she was marked to be put into cryogenic sleep. 

!Disclaimer! By filling this character template out you are giving consent to take part in a role-play where your character will not always win. You accept this and the consequences that come with your characters actions and decision. No one character in this role-play is immune to death. Please provide your Elliquiy username at the end of your application with the words “Sincerely”.
Sincerely
Curvykitten

Serana

Unfortunately, I think I'm going to have to bow out here. Been trying to work on the bio the past week and nothing is really coming to me, nor is a good face claim.  Which makes me sad, because this game looks really fun and I've been wanting to get back to playing. But I see a bunch of great characters already and I can't come up with anything remotely close to put together myself :/ Sorry for taking a week to figure this out yall. I'll still follow along, and thanks for considering me at least!

November Bleeds

@Serana: So sorry to see you go - but we understand. Thank you for letting us know and we wish you the best of luck on your journey ahead!

The Personnel is now an open role if anyone is looking to play them (or even switch from their current role). The role consists of a very open, Jack of all Trades type across the ship. They would be someone in training that has yet to be placed in their position upon the ship.

Update: We should have the character page up soon!

Serana

Thanks! I wanted to make it work, it just wasn't coming to me. It looked so fun :(

Chreestafer

Quote from: November Bleeds on June 06, 2018, 08:25:14 PM
@Serana: So sorry to see you go - but we understand. Thank you for letting us know and we wish you the best of luck on your journey ahead!

The Personnel is now an open role if anyone is looking to play them (or even switch from their current role). The role consists of a very open, Jack of all Trades type across the ship. They would be someone in training that has yet to be placed in their position upon the ship.

Update: We should have the character page up soon!

If you and Blissy are still open to players, I'd love to hop in! Would the role be a younger character, maybe like a greenhorn? Or is this someone who is more adept, but it's their first time on the station?
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Dhampyress

Quote from: Chreestafer on June 07, 2018, 02:26:44 PM
If you and Blissy are still open to players, I'd love to hop in! Would the role be a younger character, maybe like a greenhorn? Or is this someone who is more adept, but it's their first time on the station?

Sounds great. You may go right ahead and pitch a character sheet. ;D

Chreestafer

Awesome! I'll definitely have a character sheet up this evening

Ons and Offs
F-List

Dhampyress

Sorry it took me as long as it did to get this up. This is the profile for Cyril the artificial persons unit of whom I'll be playing aboard the station. She'll be one of two characters in the game that will initially guide people throughout the start. The second character (played by November Bleeds) will follow shortly.

Face Claim: Riley Voelkel
Character Name: TX-6437-Cyril
Nicknames & Alias: Cyril
Age: Cyril is a synthetic android and therefore does not age. She was manufactured and eventually deployed on the Star Horizon several years ago. She has been with the station for longer than most of her replicate models, all of which have malfunctioned, or have been recycled due to costly repair prices, or otherwise destroyed sometime during the power surge.
Sexuality: None.
Ethnicity: Caucasian.
Role/Job: Stationed Android Intelligence; otherwise known as an Artificial persons. Cyril formerly belonged to the Star Horizons commander and was his A.P aide.
Starting items: Command Key-card (And various access codes for seventy-five percent of the ship), Two Way PDA Communicator, A standard pistol with six shots ( of whom she'll be giving to a single grew member )
Personality Traits: Analytical, Insensitive, Perceptive, Independent, Mysterious, Loyal (to those whom she has been instructed to be)
Hobbies & Interest: Whatever she's programmed to prefer. Although, TX-6437 seems almost entirely lacking of personal hobbies, and only seems bound by duty protocols. Sadly, she doesn't truly understand fun.
Pet peeves: Being told to behave a certain way with limited instruction. Being too closely related to humans general make-up as she has a limited understanding of humanity. Humans who act on whim or feeling rather than logic and probability.
Habits & Mannerisms: Making rather precise eye contact with a persons of whom she is speaking to. Some have even referred to her address as feeling almost absence of conscience. Dismissing focus in a particular thing, or individual to further sense or inquiry to her surrounding area. Cyril is quite immersed in the functionality of her surroundings as she has something of a second sight with mechanical installations and seems to prioritize environmental circumstances or safety protocols beyond human interaction. In very quiet areas the sound of her inner mechanical parts can be heard turning with each internal mechanical muscle she moves.
Distinguishing Features: Cyril bares a mostly human exterior, but beneath her cosmetic appeal is blend of complex robotic mechanics, and nanotech systems. Approximately eighty percent of her external body reflects that of a biological human. Facial wise, she reflects a biological human almost exactly, with the exception of her eyes carrying a light pulse of florid, neon, blue, tinge. Cyril is very fair of skin given her artificial nature. The lacking twenty percent of her humanoid make up is composed of sleek black and silver metallic trim, that collars around her neck where it splits to toward where her shoulders start, and divides throughout the approximation of where the muscle ligament tissues on a human body would run forth, and throughout. These metallic ligaments of her body run through her spine, to her waist, and all the way to her feet, to where the achilles tendon begins. Cyril does not contain a single muscle in her body as all the interior fibers of her body are synthetic, but almost twice more durable than a humans muscular make-up. The hair atop her head is of a bluish synthetic nature and does not grown, but reaches down just passed her shoulder blades. Please review the picture for visual representation of such characteristics.
Character Fears: Deactivation. Accepting that her protocols have been compromised or are otherwise flawed from their original format.
Secrets: N/A. But Cyril has many.. All of which I am allowing players to further discover.

Strength: 4
Agility / Stamina / Athleticism: 1
Combat: 2
Weaponry: 3
Intelligence: 5

Bio: (See spoilers below)

A history of Atlas Technologies and that of Artificial Persons
A state of the art android, more typically referred to as an Artificial Persons, designed and manufactured by Atlas technologies. The TX- series is simply one of many other synthetic, artificial persons models, comprised for various tasks throughout various infrastructures and expensive companies that are of the consolidated sort throughout the sectors core worlds. The particular model is also used by several mega-crops for its ingenuity and its efficiency to handle a multitude of tasks that cut back heavily on resource spending for biological persons. Atlas technologies has pursued many eccentric achievements surrounding robotic proficiency and engineering. Their ultimate goal is to reach the demands of various needs stretched through a variety of requested services, or conveniences, for their target investors, and consumers alike. Their first model; the CX-, was originally meant to be designed for simple functions such as labor services, or roles that could replace human occupation. The models reception was well received with its first predecessor series.

However, where CX- model functions were proficient and beneficial to most consuming companies, and relevant company interests, their appeal shoddily fell short of visual margin. The CX- series was particularly viable in the physical labor industry, but unpractical in visual design, and sluggish within operation. This limited their exposure to a wider market and kept the first ambitions of Atlas Technologies mostly limited to industrial businesses. The CX- brand did not meet status quo on cosmetic standards despite being designed for more than just hands on tasks. As technology advanced so did the functionality of robotics. Atlas Tech started to become more captious on the visual exterior of CX- models as their appeal limited sales of the units. Atlas technologies saw this as a potential to create a new prototype series with not just reliable efficiency, but with a cosmetic appeal, that would be a step closer to replicating visual aspects of humanity. Additionally, the units could replace human occupation on a large scale of deployment. Which was beneficial to certain core companies of the age whom were investing further into the benefits of robotic persons. Robotics, at the time, could simply think faster, adapt faster, and required less to maintain than the comparative biological persons - which was a financial benefit. Furthermore, robotic units didn't need the kind of nurture humans did, they carried actions out without question, performing them with a certain tact that was more productive than humans. Additionally, they showed less error with handling tasks and objectives. This led Atlas Tech to turn much of their attention within their interests of designing a new prototype that would succeed their less attractive models, and further build on this potential.

The same original robotic engineer designer of the CX- also created the prototype for the TX- series, but in a less deliberate sort of way. His name was Alistair Telger. Alistair was a eccentric individual, but equally compassionate. His innovative work with Atlas Tech was only minimized by the tragic story surrounding his only daughter; which is a story that few to this current day even know about, as its become buried beneath the financial success of the TX- series and promotions pushed by Atlas Tech. During the period of time when Atlas Tech was trying to constitute new designs, based on unrealistic perspective, he worked from more personal bases with his own prototype. But the model he created was never intended for company use. He based his prototype model off that of his daughter, whom was suffering from a terminal cancer during her later teen years. His daughter; Skylie Telger, was confined to a wheelchair in her early teens, due to a bone cancer that was eating away at her from the inside.

Alistair's daughter's condition devastated him and so he replicated her image into his first design, motivated by the thought of seeing his daughter live past her expected DOA, if the worst may occur. Skylie had always found her fathers work very interesting, and encouraged him. He wished to surprise her with the project. A project, he was doing for her and not the pursuit of the companies current goals. His experience with the prototype model was done on the side and he hadn't dedicated a human replicate model for commercial purposes. Alistair was not a person in pursuit of materialism, as much as he was an innovator for the art and passion of his work.

However, the company eventually found out about his private project. Alistair was tentative about sharing his design with his colleagues. However they encouraged him, and his daughter supported it, simply because she was pleased to be apart of something that may later amount to a vaster means of potential for a greater cause. The model itself was almost an exact replicate of Skylie, equating to a seventy-percent match when matched to identical similarities. Pleased by the results, he shared his design with the company out of admiration and respect for his daughter. The choice helped him keep his mind off his daughters worsening condition, and Skylie supported the decision. Unfortunately Skylie passed away before the model was complete, but her image lived on through the first model. Eventually Atlas Tech replicated the models physical appeal and became to mass produce it through various alterations.

Alistair, grieving and distraught from his daughters death tried to back out of the deal, but the company had already produced over five thousand units. Respecting his wishes, they canceled additional models, but used the Skylie prototype as a generic base to make newer models; many of which still bare similarities to the original models. Atlas Tech fused the CX- models proficiency with that of the TX- prototypes genetic structure. This model became the foundation for the TX- series. Since then the TX- series has been replicated with empty memory slates. Each unit follows a initial protocol after creation. This procedure has each unit formatted to the potential consumer, creating the units exact protocols prior to deployment. This has led the TX- series to see many purposes throughout limited Earthbound occupations, and few off world usages, for companies that could afford their state of the art systems and luxury appeal. Atlas Technology now thrives as the leading mega-corp in universal robotics and has since been working on further robotic advancements into the future and beyond. The company has recently put much of their newest innovations into the development of conscious artificial intelligence.

Cyril's specific history and various detail
Cyril is a TX- series unit. She was granted the name Cyril by her programmed superior; the Commander of the Star Horizon space station. She works as his aide, regulating the stations general functional maintenance, controls, and technological regulation. Her core skills and functions are quite vast, but she prioritizes her duty above anything else. There are several close replicates of her model that posses other servicing protocols on the station. Although, there are only three in occupation aide positions among the ship. Furthermore, Cyril's exact model is based on an earlier version of the TX-series. She's one of the rarer few of the five thousands units based on the Skylie core model; though with a more mechanical structure. Cyril was designed to be a command unit, but also has two lesser subsystems implemented into her particular format. She has a limited reception of free will, as a minor system component was included in her original formatting, but it's rather oppressed by her more predominate and diligent persisting nature. The subject of subconscious free will was implement into her hardware so she may learn and develop, showing persistence in adapting to unfamiliar situations. This system is something very few units of her particular model have and it's made her persona rather distinct from other replicates.

Furthermore, she seems to have a very similar, but not directly replicated bodily design of several of the the onboard entertainment units of the Star Horizon, from a closely related sister model series. However, Cyril seems to show no forward correlation with such units. The Commander of the Star Horizon had her designed and formatted in the way that he did for not just dutiful reasons, but also for his personal reasons. Cyril's not known to question her programming, but since recent events, that have turned the Star Horizon dark for several months, and following events that led her to losing her superior among the carnage that engulfed the station - Cyril has begun to show further signs of independence. Perhaps the strangest thing about that is no one knows where this slight change in character originated from. Perhaps its a fault in her dated system that connects her closely to the original TX- models, or perhaps something has gotten into her..

!Disclaimer! By filling this character template out you are giving consent to take part in a role-play where your character will not always win. You accept this and the consequences that come with your characters actions and decision. No one character in this role-play is immune to death. Please provide your E-RP username at the end of your application with the words “Sincerely”.

Sincerely Blissy

Dhampyress

I've also messaged a few players to check the status of their role reservations within the game. If anymore open up I will certainly let you all know asap.

nastroma

Here is my character sheet hope you all enjoy

Face Claim: Mikkel Gregers Jensen
Character Name: Zane Stahl
Nicknames & Alias:Mr Clean
Sexuality:Gay
Role/Job: The Custodian / Keeping the station clean
Starting Inventory: Faulty PDA, Hand Sanitizer
Personality Traits: Inferiority complex, cautious, Anxious 
Hobbies & Interest: Loves to read helps him escape from reality, and loves animals of all kinds.
Pet peeves: Can’t stand it when people leave things lying around and tends to get heated despite his nature and will confront people if he sees them actively just leaving things lying around.
Habits & Mannerisms: Has a tendency to look at the ground slightly when questions are directed at him. Most people do not notice this action. Has a small habit of tripping over his worlds when nervous or frightened.
Distinguishing Figures: Has a few tattoos on his body. Has a few scars on his chest from a car accident.
Character Fears: Mysophobia, Has an intense fear of Artificial Persons aboard the Star Horizon
Secrets:

Strength :3
Will / Tenacity:2
Dexterity:5
Agility / Stamina / Athleticism:4
Combat :2
Weaponry:1
Intelligence / Knowledge:3

Bio: See spoiler bellow
Zane's Background/Biography
Zane grew up in a small town no one has really heard of in Texas. It was one of the few towns from the old world. As with the case of all small towns everyone knew every little sorted detail about people’s lives. That included the fact that Zane’s parents abused him on a daily basis usually verbally except when he answered back with a smart remark. Then his dad beat him ruthlessly and would on occasion leave him in his room for days to recover. Over the years he started to feel more reserved and shy around people due to the neglect and abusive treatment given to him during his upbringing. At times it made Zane feel completely worthless and obstructed his ability to socially function with others. One highlight though was his ability to clean. His room was always neat and tidy and never a speck of dust on any surface. Eventually he started to realize that he wasn’t all that attracted to girls and started to have feelings for his best friend Anthony. His friend caught him staring at him in the locker room one day and confronted Zane with this knowledge asking him if he was gay. Zane feeling cornered started to withdraw into himself and deny it, but Anthony just placed a hand on his shoulder and told him it was okay. A few weeks later, Anthony revealed that he too was having feelings for Zane and that despite his words to him before he was afraid to admit it to himself.

Having been lovers since they got out of high school, both Zane and Anthony have not told anyone about their relationship. Zane was starting to feel as though he actually wasn’t worthless like his parent were making him feel. His parents still abused him verbally for being quote; “the worthless scrap of human flesh that he was”, but it was all good in his eyes. That was until one day both Zane and Anthony were going to a late night party. They both had gotten drunk and Anthony decided to drive them both home. This was of course a huge mistake, being impaired Anthony swerved into oncoming traffic and hit a large transport vehicle smashing his side completely and leaving Zane with some broken ribs and arm. Zane survived the crash made a full recovery but his best friend and lover died instantly and to make matters worse his parents found out he was gay. When he got home from the hospital his parents began a new unusual tirade about his sexuality. They even blamed him for the death of his best friend, till eventually his father couldn’t stand to look at his face he started to beat him relentlessly. The only thing Zane could do was curl up into a ball and weather it out. It wasn’t till his older brother came out of his room to intercede and stop their father but before that could happen Zane was hit in the face and he blacked out. Zane came out of his unconscious state and saw a gruesome scene before him. Both his parents were bloodied and dead and his older brother was barely alive. He didn’t understand what happened but he called 911 to save his brother’s life and then he ran away.

For a few months Zane wandered around alone finding odd jobs cleaning where he could just so he could eat every day. He wasn’t always so lucky and he’d have to skip a meal or dig around in the trash just so he could survive. This caused him in turn to develop mysophobia. What little money he did get he would always make sure he had at least some hand sanitizer. It got so bad that he would feel like he was going to throw up when he had to dig for food. Eventually he came across a recruitment flyer for the Star Horizon Space Station that everyone has been talking about. He noticed one of the many jobs that was on there was a dedicated Custodian. This was perfect for him he could get a decent job, be feed, and he would get away from all his problems and start a new life. When he finally got on board the space station it was like a dream come true for him. It was almost a completely sterile environment, and believe it or not, with some hard work, he got the station cleaner role he had hoped for. People around the station were a bit different than Zane was used to though. Some of them even started to call him Mr. Clean even though he didn’t really like that name very much cause it felt more like an insult than praise. Of course his biggest secret he kept to himself. He absolutely didn’t want anyone to find out that he was gay. There was an apparent problem to that plan though. One of the facility medics, Conner Briggs, was heavenly in his eyes. In several ways Conner reminded Zane of Anthony. His smile alone was enough to send shivers down his spine. To compound the problem he was an incredibly attractive looking man that probably bench pressed hospital tables for a work out. It was physical painful to be around him especially during the monthly check ups. Zane would get so nervous being around him it would feel like he was going to pass out, but regardless of how he felt, he maintained his composure and refused to act on those feelings to keep his secret and emotions safe. There was an incident a few weeks before everyone went into cryogenic sleep that cause Zane to be completely terrified of the Artificial Persons aboard the Star Horizon. He was nearly killed by an A.P unit from engineering, who suspiciously attacked him during the late hour when he was conducting his duty around the station. The particular unit was later deactivated. But Zane couldn't forget about the incident. Doctor Briggs was the first person he saw when he woke up from the attack, and all he could do was cry because he felt like it was Earth all over again for him.

Just before going into cryogenic sleep he had finished recovering from the attack and was hearing all kinds of weird rumors that were coming from the Station. He didn’t make anything out of it but people were disappearing and he was a little worried. That worry didn’t really bother him since he had spent a lot of time in the infirmary with the resident medic.

!Disclaimer! By filling this character template out you are giving consent to take part in a role-play where your character will not always win. You accept this and the consequences that come with your characters actions and decision. No one character in this role-play is immune to death. Please provide your Elliquiy username at the end of your application with the words “Sincerely”.

Sincerely nastroma.

CurvyKitten

Oh I suppose I should say that if someone wants to work up some links with Octavia feel free to send me a pm. :)

Iejir

I looked away as soon as I saw text in your secrets category. I recommend you delete it so we aren't tainted with GM only knowledge!

Chreestafer

Face Claim: Weston Boucher
Character Name: Christopher Phoenix
Nicknames & Alias: Tristyn Bishop
Sexuality: Pan - Curious
Role/Job: Engineer
Starting Inventory: Utility Bag: something given to him on his first day.  Utility Multitool (the kind that has pliers, screwdrivers and knives)
Personality Traits: Quiet, Anxious, Quick thinker
Hobbies & Interest: Reading, one of the first things he did before leaving for the station was pack away as many books as he could.  Some are relics in this day and age.  Being left alone to his duties (fixing, regular maintenance)
Pet peeves: Being interrupted while reading.  Over crowded areas.  Rude people.  Abuse towards women.  Uncontrolled Fires
Habits & Mannerisms: He tends to clutch at the small silver cross about his neck quiet often as he looks behind himself as if someone is there.
Distinguishing Figures: Burn marks over his neck and left pectoral, however they are covered by religious tattoos telling a tell of the end of days.  Green eyes that held a slight sheen to them.
Character Fears: Fire, Being alone in the dark for to long.
Secrets: ...SHHHH...

Strength : 3
Agility / Stamina / Athleticism: 4

Bio: Christopher grew up a poor kid in St. Mary's Orphanage in Downtown Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.  He was left on the door step as a child since the times were changings and most everyone's eyes were pointed upward at the stars.  Growing up the nuns would always have Chris doing odds and ends about the Church and the Orphanage.  This caused the urge to understand how things worked.  A young technician was in the making, often tinkering with things when he could to see how they maneuvered and what created their abilities to do such.  However, he often found himself slipping away to hid in the rather large library.  He often got in trouble for this as he would read by candle light and the nuns always warned him to watch it as the books were very old and could catch very easily.  Around the age of 17 he'd learn that fact all to easily.  He was almost old enough to move out on his own, learning to hop from job to job picking even more skills fixing what he could with the knowledge he held.  One night a fire broke out in the orphanage, engulfing it completely.  Chris was severely burnt across the chest and arm, yet what was worse was a few people actually died in the fire.  He awoke in a hospital chained to the bed, he was wanted for questioning, the officers thinking he did it and that he even burnt it all on purpose. 

Escaping wasn't that hard.  Yet trying to live life without being seen for what you were was harder.  Jobs became harder to find as most wanted to background check.  At first he was often questioned about the burns that lingered on his flesh.  It was obviously something he didn't want to speak about.  Years passed and he went from just making it to being homeless on the street.  It was by luck or heavens grace that he found the flyer seeking employment with the space programs for the station on the edge of the unknown.  It was a fresh start, something new he could grow to love.  Chris wouldn't be on earth anymore, he wouldn't be sought after by the authorities and could make an honest living in peace.  Just a few issues, he needed a new name and needed to hide the scars.  The tattoos came easy and cheap, doing off the book favors of fixing things for them.  To honor the nuns who had given him so much, he inked the image of the book of revelations on his skin, his favorite section of the bible. 

The second part was the difficult one.  The new identity.  It took him almost a year of back alley deals, retina changes and license changing, yet like his former ser name, Tristyn Bishop was born from the ashes of Christopher.  The days between then and now were a blur as he lay in his cryogenic bed, awaiting for his slumber to take hold of him.  When he would awake next, he would be in the farthest known points of outer space.  Rumors darted about from his time elsewhere training to hone his skills to be applicable to space crafts, something big was going on up there.  Yet his vision wasn't set on the tasks in front of him.  Chris, or should I say Tristyn, kept looking behind him, for fear of being found out for what he really was.

!Disclaimer! By filling this character template out you are giving consent to take part in a role-play where your character will not always win. You accept this and the consequences that come with your characters actions and decision. No one character in this role-play is immune to death. Please provide your Elliquiy username at the end of your application with the words “Sincerely”. Sincerely Chreestafer
Ons and Offs
F-List

nastroma

Quote from: Iejir on June 07, 2018, 10:01:24 PM
I looked away as soon as I saw text in your secrets category. I recommend you delete it so we aren't tainted with GM only knowledge!

Its alright either way thanks for saying something though its fixed now :P

Dhampyress

Quote from: nastroma on June 07, 2018, 10:18:04 PM

Its alright either way thanks for saying something though its fixed now :P

Yes! This is a good point to further clarify. You don't need to include secrets in your publicized post of the profile. That knowledge is kept between the PC and the GM.

Also, The Security Officer role has been freed and is open for interest!

Chreestafer

Hopefully I'm accepted, let me know if I need to change anything.  :)
Ons and Offs
F-List

Dhampyress

Quote from: Chreestafer on June 08, 2018, 07:12:18 AM
Hopefully I'm accepted, let me know if I need to change anything.  :)

Yup, your profile looks great! I like the sheet just how it is. Only one little thing. If you could PM us the list of your character secrets that would be ideal.

Heinakori

I'd like to reserve the Security Officer slot and thus the last green spot. :P
I'll be PM'ing the sheet today / tomorrow for checks!
O/O

Dhampyress

Quote from: Heinakori on June 08, 2018, 02:16:58 PM
I'd like to reserve the Security Officer slot and thus the last green spot. :P
I'll be PM'ing the sheet today / tomorrow for checks!

I'll reserve the spot for you. We're looking forward to reading your concept pitch! :-)

Re Z L

Ta-da!  If anyone wants to work out any past connections just let me know  ;D

Face Claim:  Natalie Portman
Character Name:  Dr. Ashley Prescot
Nicknames & Alias:  Ash
Sexuality:  Bisexual
Ethnicity:  Caucasian
Role/Job: Researcher - Biophysicist
Starting Inventory:  Black soapstone knight chess piece, tablet computer
Personality Traits:  Reserved, willful, stubborn, focused, patient
Hobbies & Interest: Sudoku, crosswords, exercise, AI, wood/stone carving
Pet peeves:  Excessively drunk/intoxicated people, having to explain things more than once
Habits & Mannerisms:  Prefers to keep things very organized, remains calm under pressure, has a hard time letting go of riddles/questions that she hasn't solved
Distinguishing Figures: Nothing noteworthy
Character Fears: Needles, Parasites (specifically those that live inside a host organism)
Secrets:  [REDACTED]

Strengths & Weaknesses

Dexterity: 3
Agility / Stamina / Athleticism: 3
Combat : 1
Intelligence / Knowledge: 5

Bio:

What made things live and work was always a fascinating subject to Ashley, and while that usually translated into a love of people or animals for most people it was a curiosity into the basic building blocks of life for her.  It wasn't that she didn't like people or animals, but was more interested in things below the cute and fuzzy exterior.  Driven to succeed she focused on her school work, studies, and various university laboratory studies that she could intern for.  She quickly became one of the preeminent up-and-coming names in her field and was afforded the opportunity to work on a variety of things.  She began her work in pharmaceuticals--both drugs and more technological applications--from which she gained much of her reputation for being thorough, analytical, and highly insightful.  The pharmaceutical work moved on to related areas, such as neurochemistry, psychological, and aging studies.  It was probably this work that instigated her trip to the Star Horizon.

She had also dabbled in various other areas of research, such as Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, particularly looking for ways to model a normal biological brain onto some kind of electronic Neural Network.  When she wasn't working, though, she focused on other distractions, such as keeping herself in shape or shaping small carvings out of stone or wood or horn.

While far from being a medical doctor, she was well versed in various medical conditions and was well equipped to study any genetic disorders.  Her primary area of study on the station was to examine potential genetic changes due to long term exposure to zero gravity.  There were a variety of different specimens ranging from microbes to plants to insects to some normal house pets.  The facility had multiple laboratories mostly to keep the specimens separate, and to have normal gravity and null-gravity areas for work.  The research was conducted in shifts, with the use of cryogenic sleep to help monitor long-term changes without having to constantly change personnel.  Her shift had recently ended and she went into scheduled cryo-sleep.
A&A

Heinakori

Character Name: Kamil Pavtramoff
Nicknames & Alias: "Camel", "Cameltoe-joe", "Sir Justin Case".
Sexuality: Straight
Role/Job: Security Officer / Upholding general order, safety and security on Star Horizon. Shift-manager and a squad-leader. He might not have been the best officer on job, but he was an officer on the job.
Starting Inventory: Personal Security Logging And Communications Pad - PSLACP. A good, old, modestly primitive baton.
Personality Traits:  Athletic, A "Performer", A "Funny guy", Cocky and Arrogant at times, Brave, Impulsive, Loud, The "best leader" and the "worst follower"-type.
Hobbies & Interest: Camel has always been fond of combat and martial arts. The measure of a man was his mass, and what he could do with it, and how much of it he could lift. He also enjoys his huge playlist of "old-gold" music.
Pet peeves: Cowardice, "Stupid people who don't listen", Weakness of mind and weakness of body.   
Habits & Mannerisms: While believing in a disciplined, routine filled life, he is impulsive, hot tempered, assumptive and narrow minded. He has incredible reserves of (un?)healthy self-esteem and trust in his own abilities, even though he understands that he's not the sharpest pen in the stock.
He also loves his mustache. He really loves it, and can be found constantly touching, grooming and brushing it.   
Distinguishing Figures: In addition to the stations no. 1 mustache, his endless pride in his masculine chest-hair. He's also loud when excited, and somehow he cherishes his heavy eastern dialect which simply doesn't drop off. He's a tower of a man and can't be missed if met on the corridors of the station.
Character Fears: Stereotypically Camel's afraid of being branded as a coward. As he despises and mocks weakness, he's afraid of losing his own prowess and strength.
He is slightly claustrophobic. While he's not a guy who'd actually fit into tight and narrow spaces, he finds extremely narrow spaces extremely uncomfortable.
Fear of paralysis. Even laying down into the cryo-cell made him nervous. Most of his worst nightmares consist from loss-of control over his body and paralysis, especially if combined with tiny alien insects.
When he doesn't really fear puny alien insects, he really does fears swarms of them creeping upon him while he sleeps. After nightmares he just has to check under his blanket for the nightmarish insects really crawling on him. Just in case.

Secrets:

Strength : 4
Agility / Stamina / Athleticism:3
Combat : 5
Intelligence / Knowledge: 1

Bio:  Born in Bialystok, Poland, in to a poor family Kamil was used to a "hard life, hard work, little profit"-style of life. The company and support of his life was his brothers, all seven of them, and their goal was "Better and Easier Life".
Without a head to really read with, and especially without any capital to educate yourself with, Kamil's first big chance of life came after military conscription. In the military he found the martial arts supplementing on his wrestling- and boxing hobby, and after a rather brief career as a military police he found himself as hot merchandise for the security-business.
From a bouncer into a janitor, from a janitor into a security officer, he sought out better and easier life through better paid and harder jobs. And what would be a better paid and a harder job than being a security-officer on a space-station?
Using a few connections here and there, he got his place among the finest of the planet, and his chance to reach for the stars..

Sincerly, Heinakori
O/O

Lingo

Face Claim: Devon Jade
Character Name:Greta Holloway
Nicknames & Alias:Grey, Gigi
Sexuality:Pansexual
Ethnicity:White, German American
Role/Job: Hacker
Starting Inventory: Lighter, locket (inscription: My Darling Grey
Personality Traits: Mischievous, unsympathetic, calculating, unassuming
Hobbies & Interest: Greta is relatively single-minded and married to her work.
Pet peeves:Crying (of any sort, she’s relatively merciless), people who speak loudly and obnoxiously, simple-mindedness   
Habits & Mannerisms: Speaks in a soft, raspy voice, preferring to whisper rather than truly vocalize. Affects some girlish mannerisms, like giggling behind her hands, despite her tendency towards brutal and at times cruel honesty. Often wears her short hair in cutesy styles- pigtails, braids, etc. Nails are painted a striking scarlet and meticulously groomed (yes dammit,even in space.) Gestures animatedly when she talks, highly expressive, Greta is both playful but also holds her tongue- she understands the power behind words, and doesn’t speak just to blather unnecessarily.
Distinguishing Figures:Platinum hair dyed black underneath. Lacking any real musculature, of relatively short stature, she is truly brains over brawn. Freckles dot most of her face, and along her back she has an intricate, flowery design made to look like it was done in watercolors.
Character Fears: Little miss priss has a problem with dirt. Big time. Any filth, blood, or waste is highly unappealing to her, and she will easily squick out at the sight of it, and god help her if she’s dirty.

Ironically, Greta is highly afraid of addiction and dependency, be it to any certain drug, person, or object. While her past is riddled with dabbling into club drugs, she has experienced some pretty bad trips, seen her ‘friends’ do worse, or even die from overdose. She does not trust easily, and views her friends as associates and accessories rather than confidantes. In times of stress or panic, she becomes withdrawn and can even be uncooperative if she does suspects the people around her are incompetent.

Lastly, Mr. Holloway, her father.

Secrets: Redacted

Strength : 1
Agility / Stamina / Athleticism:3
Combat : 2
Intelligence / Knowledge: 5

Bio: Born to an affluent family, Greta Holloway is the only child of Gwendolyn Holloway, founder and CEO of the massive pharmaceutical multi-national corporation Cortrace. Cortrace deals in bio-technology and has been on the frontier of medical and technological innovation spanning two decades. Although Cortrace portrays the image of hope, healing through science, its methods of expansion and consumer development is… Nefarious and insidious. Cortrace has expanded its product from pharmaceutical drugs (grossly marked up, of course), to the more common, wildly popular mind-altering and leisure synthetics, to common ‘vitamins’ and ‘supplments’ added to drinking water and provided in manufactured foods. Any investigations in Cortrace, or the Holloway family, rarely surface, snuffed out by Gwendolyn’s thorough connections.

A troubled, if highly intelligent child, Greta failed to socialize properly with her peers, a bit too trapped under her mother’s thumb, and a bit in love with the digital world. As a youth, she excelled school, and Gwendolyn ensured her child would receive the highest education, instilling in her a rigorous work ethic that valued people by their knowledge and power rather than their merits or humanity. Graduating early from primary school, enrolling into university at the precocious age of 16, Greta was already a competent hacker and was studying cybersecurity and technology. University and distance from her family seems to have made Greta more ‘agreeable’ to others, and wealth and status even made her popular. The highly competitive, fierce energy at school fed into all sorts of nagging addictions, students coping with mood-enhancers and various ‘uppers,’ and Greta and a few of her peers saw room for opportunity.

They capitalized on the vast, endless web of connectivity and, using Greta’s obvious inside hook up on the many club drugs and synthetics, revolutionized the black market for the prettiest of pills. More profits for Mrs. Holloway, more ready access to prone, budding addicts. This went on for years, after she graduated with her PhD, worked for mommy dearest in enterprise security. By day, Greta was another giggling, silly rich girl; smart, of course, but just another little societal idiot born into wealth, would marry into wealth, die in wealth. By night, she cooperated to create one the most impressive, if highly illegal drug trades in the nation. Then the damn feds came knocking, and for all her little games and big, simpering eyes, Greta Holloway was caught.     

Jail isn’t for rich, privileged little girls. While the resulting scandal implicated several of her little, equally bright but less well to do friends, Greta and the Holloway name remained preserved. Media coverage reported the highly trafficked, dangerous silk road operation was stopped, but really… It’s all in negotiation. Unaffected by the calamity of addiction and increasingly dangerous arena of of untested drugs being shamelessly distributed to the public, Greta was- if anything- pissed that her work was being snatched away from her all for some silly fucking health threat. Please.

With a debt to repay to society, Greta has been recruited for her uncanny intelligence. Assisting on the Star Horizon as a programmer and hacker is the fitting repayment for that debt. 

!Disclaimer! By filling this character template out you are giving consent to take part in a role-play where your character will not always win. You accept this and the consequences that come with your characters actions and decision. No one character in this role-play is immune to death. Sincerely, Lingo.

Chreestafer

DAMN YOU LINGO!!!!

hahaha!

The girl you face claimed is one of my all time favorites.  To me she is a goddess amongst mortals.  To put it simply, even though there is nothing simple about it, she is beautiful!  Good choice my dear! :)
Ons and Offs
F-List

November Bleeds

The Engineer spot is now open if anyone is interested.

Also,

We are working on a Character Archive as well as an OOC thread- those should be available later today. =] Thank you all for being so patient.

Chreestafer

What's the possibility of me switching over to engineer? And is that role more a mechanic type person?
Ons and Offs
F-List

November Bleeds

Quote from: Chreestafer on June 10, 2018, 04:25:37 PM
What's the possibility of me switching over to engineer? And is that role more a mechanic type person?

You're more than welcome to switch from The Personnel to The Engineer if you'd like to! Would you be alright with altering your profile and making adjustments for the role, unless you'd be looking to rewrite it? If you switch, please just message us the profile so we can give it a read!

To answer the second question; yes! We're basically looking for someone to play the role of an engineer technician. Any sort of maintenance when it comes down to it. A mix of science and knowing their way around technology. =]

Lingo

Haha thanks  ::). It usually takes me HOURS/days/lifetimes to find a face claim but I saw her right away and was like boom game over there we go.

Chreestafer

Quote from: November Bleeds on June 10, 2018, 05:06:21 PM
You're more than welcome to switch from The Personnel to The Engineer if you'd like to! Would you be alright with altering your profile and making adjustments for the role, unless you'd be looking to rewrite it? If you switch, please just message us the profile so we can give it a read!

To answer the second question; yes! We're basically looking for someone to play the role of an engineer technician. Any sort of maintenance when it comes down to it. A mix of science and knowing their way around technology. =]

Yes I'll work on editing my previous profile.

Quote from: Lingo on June 10, 2018, 05:08:01 PM
Haha thanks  ::). It usually takes me HOURS/days/lifetimes to find a face claim but I saw her right away and was like boom game over there we go.

You did well :)
Ons and Offs
F-List

November Bleeds

Sounds good, Chreestafer!

The Personnel role is now open if anyone is interested!

Chreestafer

Edited it a bit, please let me know if I need to do more :)
Ons and Offs
F-List

November Bleeds

Character Profile

Face Claim: Trey Baxter
Character Name: Conner Briggs
Nicknames & Alias: Connie, Dr.Briggs
Sexuality: Pansexual
Role/Job: Medical Staff  / Emergency Response Medic
Starting Inventory:  Medkit, two way communicator.
Personality Traits: Patient, empathetic, confident, adaptable, observant, flirtatious & passionate.
Hobbies & Interest: Researching, taking care of others, learning of new medical techniques.
Pet peeves: When others don't listen to his advice.
Habits & Mannerisms: Quick to judge – unintentionally, time management.
Distinguishing Figures: Scar over his heart.
Character Fears: Losing anyone from a friend to a patient, failing a procedure/surgery, drowning, claustrophobic/tight spaces/confinement & space itself in the grand scheme of things.
Secrets: :X

Dexterity: 5
Agility / Stamina / Athleticism: 3
Combat: 2

Bio: Growing up in the field medicine wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Though his father held high standards for him, Conner often surpassed them. Lacking reason to fall behind, he swore himself to his work, dedicating every moment of his life to what he loved. There was always room for improvement despite his efforts to get his doctorate degree and yet, even then, maybe he came across as a know-it-all during school years. His studies were heavy and his social life was down the drain but it was all in good fortune at the end of the day. After all, the majority mattered when it came down to it. Conner cared more about humanity as a whole and eventually, his studies moving further toward an emergency response medic.

Although after entering a space program, Conner found disdain for such atmosphere, but it was the lack of experienced staff aboard the hiring station that gave him a reason to be there. His expertise may have lead to getting on a space station, but that didn't make it any less terrifying. Earth was a safe space, habitable no less and while a space station had all the necessities, if anything went wrong; they were screwed. It was similar to water – and drowning. There was no oxygen to breathe in space, nor was there under water. But in the long run, it was everyone on that station who mattered, who might be in need of medical attention. Those fears were cast aside as he focused on his studies, no matter how uncomfortable he was or how unsafe he felt.

Conner's first year on the Star Horizon had to be one of the most painful experiences of a lifetime. Being away from Earth caused him to grow homesick, but it was the nightmares above all else that caused the most trauma. Horrific dreams he couldn't quite understand and didn't have the time to brood over. Eventually, medicine was the only thing that could take them away. Even then, working on his social skills was his second priority next to helping others. As a medic, Conner's first duty was to assure everyone was safe and sound before he could find relaxation. Even while social situations were rare for him, especially within the first year, he slowly but surely learned to adapt.

When it came to looking after those upon the station, Conner had his own set of assistance. There were other medical staff at his side studying and working or alongside him, but there was also an Artificial Persons unit. To say the very least, Conner was skeptical at first, but the model proved to be beyond useful, especially come surgeries and emergencies. While serious conditions may have been rare upon the station, that hardly meant they didn't have to be prepared.

Tending to his patients on a daily basis was rather heartwarming, but there were still two cases in which he found himself ever so confident about. Two people by the names of Zane and Octavia certainly proved to make his time there worthwhile. While both were very serious cases that he took to heart, they both proved to be rather amusing in their own right. Octavia was more than stubborn, which caused Conner to tease her a little too frequently but he enjoyed the comebacks she darted back at him. Zane had to be the shyest man he ever met but always listened to his instruction. Opposites, maybe, but the greatest conversations he could have ever asked for. Both being two of the last patients he saw before heading to cryogenic sleep – which he was not looking forward to in the least. Confined spaces and a sleep that would last a time much too long... From one closed space on a station to another, Conner was not looking forward to what awakening from it would bring, especially not the sickness.

Sincerely, November Bleeds.

nastroma

Can't wait to get this started! There's so many great character concepts this should be a blast once its going.

November Bleeds

Character Thread and the OOC Thread are now both live!

Please transfer your completed character profiles & chatter over there! :D

Just a quick note: We will be making character groups which players can choose, likely within the next day or two- more to be discussed in OOC soon.

In the meantime, we will keep The Personnel role open - just in case anyone would like to take that.

Dhampyress

Quote from: Chreestafer on June 10, 2018, 07:08:50 PM
Edited it a bit, please let me know if I need to do more :)

I reviewed the character sheet and I think it looks good! You're good to go. :)

Chreestafer

Quote from: Blissy on June 10, 2018, 10:59:25 PM
I reviewed the character sheet and I think it looks good! You're good to go. :)

Yay me!
Ons and Offs
F-List

November Bleeds

We're received a character sheet application for The Personnel and it will be reviewed later today. 

November Bleeds

Star Horizon is officially full and no longer recruiting. Thank you to all those who showed their interest!