Stranded paradise

Started by hakari, October 15, 2009, 06:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prophetofw4r

James grabbed onto a railing near himself and onto Ari's arm.  Since he was sitting down he kept his balance between the ground and the railing.  "What just happened?"
Prophet of W4r

hakari

Looking around she said, "I don't know but i hope samantha is alright." Getting her balance she stood up. Heading toward the door, she said "Come on let's go check it out."

prophetofw4r

He fallowed her to the room and waited outside while she checked on her friend.
Prophet of W4r

hakari

She went to her cabin and they got samantha. Turning around she said, "Let's find out what happened." Going up to the deck they went to see why the boat crashed and into what.

prophetofw4r

He again fallowed them back to the deck and watched the girls as they peered over the edge of the boat.
Prophet of W4r

hakari

Seeing that they crashed onto a beach, and seen it would be awhile until they could get to their destination. Ari told james and sam to come with her to explore the island. Running to her cabin and grabbing her pack she met them on the beach shore. Ari noticed how it was only drizziling now, she thought it weird; but didnt worry too much about it.

prophetofw4r

James did almost the same grabbing his lucky backpack he always traveled with.  He arrived at the beach shore just before she did.  "Well, this is about what I would have done once I arrived anyway, so this works for me."  He chucked and smiled heavily at the two girls.  "Where do you two want to start exploring?"
Prophet of W4r

hakari

Looking around ari pointed west. "We should head this way." She started walking towards some trees.

prophetofw4r

James fallowed her westward.  He couldn't help but place his eyes on the beautiful views around him.  This was a paradise, but they had to think about survival though.  He kept his eyes out for useful things.  Picking things up every once in a while, he made quite a collection.
Prophet of W4r

hakari

Ari was looking at the beauty of trees, seeing many fruits she stopped to pick some to put in her pack. She knew they would need food to eat. Glancing over at James and Sam she said, "I hope there won't be too many frightful creatures here", "We are going to need something to kill the animals with."

prophetofw4r

James chuckled.  "Don't worry about that.  I'm sure I can make something to deal with animals.  We need to find a place to sleep and keep warm at night.  Keep and eye out for shelter."
Prophet of W4r

hakari

Smiling at him she said "I guess I hadn't thought about somewhere to sleep." Continuing walking through the trees they came upon a small rundown shelter. Looking at it she said "We'll need to fix it up a bit, I have some thin blankets." Putting her pack down she walked around to survey the shelter better.

prophetofw4r

"Well hot damn.  How about that for falling into our lap like that."  He looked at it.  "Yeah definitely needs work, but it is good enough for now.  It is a little cramped though..."  Looking around he saw nothing of use.  He set his lucky pack down.
Prophet of W4r

hakari

After looking over it she said "It may be small but at least we'll stay dry if it rains again." Looking over at james she asked "So how are we going to fix it up?"

prophetofw4r

"I honestly don't know how."  Thinking to himself he came up with an idea, but it would take some time.  "Well, I got a plan, but it will take time, so we should gather firewood for the night before we start."  Turning away he started picking up anything he could find that would burn.
Prophet of W4r

hakari

Trusting him to come up with something, her and samantha started finding firewood.

prophetofw4r

He soon set all the firewood he found in a pile and looked at the shelter again.  Searching through his backpack he found his extra emergency supplies and pulled out a long rope.  "My pack has a lighter in it.  Start the fire while I fix the shelter." He then went to work tying the sagging end of the shelter onto the branch of a tree using knots he had learned while traveling.
Prophet of W4r

hakari

Doing as she was told, Ari lit the fire to get it going. She then proceeded to take some of the fruit out of her pack and laying them on a small towel, that she was lucky enough to have put in there.

prophetofw4r

It took him awhile to get the knot right on the sagging side of the shelter, but left it at a slight tilt so water would filter off the edge of the roof and land on the ground instead of building up on parts of the roof and causing it to collapse on top of them.  There wasn't much else that could be done with the shelter, so he returned to the two girls.  "So what is for dinner?"
Prophet of W4r

hakari

Looking at the amount of fruit they had she said " We have fruit so far, all we need is meat." "Why don't you go find a small animal for us?" Separating the fruit evenly she said " We will stay here and watch the fire and setup the blankets."

prophetofw4r

"We won't be able to get some fresh meat tonight.  I will go set traps after we eat.  For protean we will just have to deal with the jerky I usually carry as a snack."  He pulled out jerky and a knife from his pack and tossed the bag to her.  Grabbing some of the smaller branches he started working on snares for fresh meat.
Prophet of W4r

hakari

Sitting beside the fire and making room for samantha and james, she said "I don't mind eating jerky."     They waited for james to finish with the traps, so they could eat and get a good night's sleep.

prophetofw4r

He sat beside them and started eating the fruit and bits of jerky. "I love jerky and honestly, we might not get it after this bag is gone."  He smiled though and continued to eat.
Prophet of W4r

hakari

She was a bit sad about not being able to have anymore je rky. She ate her fruit and jerky and thought about what they would do tomorrow.