A Killbot of Mars [Eclipse Phase FATE, Non-Con: Exotic] (FULL)

Started by ThisOneGal, February 01, 2016, 07:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FarFetched

I really like the idea of Noctis's Authentics, but little Shanghai would be easier for someone like Jane to live.

Re Z L

A&A

AndyZ

Possibly a stupid question, but what exactly is the purpose of discrimination when people know that brains are the same and anyone can take anyone else's body?  I'd imagine it's kinda like discriminating by fashion sense when not everyone can afford the latest trends.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

FarFetched

No such thing as a stupid question.  :-)

Firstly, I'd say that amongst transhumans, the discrimination is a form of class warfare. Certain, high quality morphs cost more than others, meaning that the poor, destitute, and generally shady sort of people will opt for more generic models that don't cost much."You know who uses goddamn Rusters? Poor people. You know what poor people are? Criminals, the lot of them. Mars would be better if we just spaced every last one and deleted the f*cking backups."

After that, you got the popular opinion of Uplifts. "After all, who in their right mind would let something that used to be a dog tell them what to do? Are dog brains more advanced than human brains now? I think not. This is why they're better doing the grunt work."

Then there's the Jovian/Biochauvanist opinion. From their perspective, when a morph's body dies, that person is gone forever. Dead. "The only thing left of them now is a pale, cybernetic ghost that thinks it can pretend to be our former friend and comrade. Disgusting, isn't it?"

Theeen you got the Ultimates- the Neo-Neo-Nazis. They're obsessed with perfecting humanity in all aspects, and anyone inhabiting a lesser morph isn't worth their time. By their philosophy, it'd be better to just kill them all and keep their cortical stack for use in creating more of their superior master race.

At least... that's how I've interpreted it.

EDIT: oh, and of course, AGI's. "They're not even people, right? I don't care what happens to a bloody program. They might as well be a virus tryin tah take our jaaawbs."

ThisOneGal

FarFetched's explanation is more or less correct. As always, the reality is more nuanced and complex (especially with the Ultimates), but that's the gist of it.

AndyZ

Quote from: FarFetched on February 05, 2016, 01:28:44 PM
No such thing as a stupid question.  :-)

Granted, but you'd be surprised how often people consider things self-evident.  I tend to be very bad at understanding stuff that requires the exact opposite of thinking critically.

It also opens up questions that appear as per my next question.

QuoteFirstly, I'd say that amongst transhumans, the discrimination is a form of class warfare. Certain, high quality morphs cost more than others, meaning that the poor, destitute, and generally shady sort of people will opt for more generic models that don't cost much."You know who uses goddamn Rusters? Poor people. You know what poor people are? Criminals, the lot of them. Mars would be better if we just spaced every last one and deleted the f*cking backups."

Do people display a Personal Identification that can be seen in AR and Entopics?  I can see how people would be leery of a group where everyone looks exactly identical in order to Spartacus their way through charges.

QuoteAfter that, you got the popular opinion of Uplifts. "After all, who in their right mind would let something that used to be a dog tell them what to do? Are dog brains more advanced than human brains now? I think not. This is why they're better doing the grunt work."

Conveniently forgetting the "used to be" when saying "now."

Out of curiosity, why birds and octopi?  I'd expect dogs, cats, and other pets to be most commonly Uplifted.

QuoteThen there's the Jovian/Biochauvanist opinion. From their perspective, when a morph's body dies, that person is gone forever. Dead. "The only thing left of them now is a pale, cybernetic ghost that thinks it can pretend to be our former friend and comrade. Disgusting, isn't it?"

Wouldn't this ONLY make sense for flats, though?  Or is this only a thing for Flats, and not for preferring bioforms (I forget the right word) above others?

QuoteTheeen you got the Ultimates- the Neo-Neo-Nazis. They're obsessed with perfecting humanity in all aspects, and anyone inhabiting a lesser morph isn't worth their time. By their philosophy, it'd be better to just kill them all and keep their cortical stack for use in creating more of their superior master race.

Which would be far better accomplished by supply and demand, building so many morphs of whatever they deem superior that others are flooded out of the market, but I'm guessing they aren't smart enough to pick up on that.

At least... that's how I've interpreted it.

Appreciated.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

FarFetched

Quote from: AndyZ on February 05, 2016, 01:53:37 PM
Do people display a Personal Identification that can be seen in AR and Entopics?  I can see how people would be leery of a group where everyone looks exactly identical in order to Spartacus their way through charges.
I'm pretty sure they do. There's like a DRM on every biomorph now, thanks to Hypercorps.

Out of curiosity, why birds and octopi?  I'd expect dogs, cats, and other pets to be most commonly Uplifted.
Actually, many pets are partially uplifted, but they're still animals at this point. Gene-modding an animal to the point where they're basically human costs a lot; and Octopi(Good in zero G), birds(can fly) and boars(are stronk!) have special features that hypercorps can justify using as intelligent manual labor. Onegal says it better ^_^

Wouldn't this ONLY make sense for flats, though?  Or is this only a thing for Flats, and not for preferring bioforms (I forget the right word) above others?
biomorphs.
To put things in perspective, the population of Jupiter, the Jovian homeworld, is 80% comprised of human (Unsure if flat or gene-modded, but probably just flat) biomorphs who have never used anything other than their own body. It's Flats all the way down for these guys. Flats for days.

Which would be far better accomplished by supply and demand, building so many morphs of whatever they deem superior that others are flooded out of the market, but I'm guessing they aren't smart enough to pick up on that.
The problem with morphs is that there simply isn't the resources to make that many of them. From the fall of earth is a constant, billions-strong demand for morphs. It's nearly impossible to create a surplus. The Ultimates also have this nazi-indoctrination thing they have going. Like Onegal said, it's nuanced.

Kunoichi

When it comes to the city we'll be starting the game in, I think that Antimony is also in the same boat of it making more sense for her to live in Valles-New Shanghai, though I am otherwise open to both options.

In fact, if commuting in for a Firewall assignment is an option, perhaps she could even live in New Elysium and simply take a train to whichever city we start in?

ThisOneGal

Yes, but identity theft is a big thing. Especially among Firewall Sentinels.

QuoteOut of curiosity, why birds and octopi?  I'd expect dogs, cats, and other pets to be most commonly Uplifted.

Closer to human level intelligence. Same with cetaceans (whales and dolphins), non-human primates, and pigs.

Cats and dogs aren't uplifted yet, but should be soon. One of the uplift characters in Panopticon is betting on dogs being first.

Essentially, all the low hanging fruit has been picked. Everything else is a lot harder.

QuoteWhich would be far better accomplished by supply and demand, building so many morphs of whatever they deem superior that others are flooded out of the market, but I'm guessing they aren't smart enough to pick up on that.

Morphs are crazy expensive to make; the only people who are really even attempting to produce them in mass quantities are the Titanians with their 'one body per mind' policy.

And for them, it's less about what morph you have than it is about why you have that morph. Imagine the philosophy of relentless character optimization applied to real life, and everyone's survival depends on us having the most optimal builds because the GM is a fucking asshole. That's sorta the Ultimate viewpoint.

AndyZ

QuoteConveniently forgetting the "used to be" when saying "now."

I think you meant to respond to the other question and put in this by mistake?

Quote from: FarFetched link=topic=243731.msg12054190#msg12054190Actually, many pets are partially uplifted, but they're still animals at this point. Gene-modding an animal to the point where they're basically human costs a lot; and Octopi(Good in zero G), birds(can fly) and boars(are stronk!) have special features that hypercorps can justify using as intelligent manual labor.

Logical.  Thank you.

Quotebiomorphs.

Thank you kindly ^_^ If I mess up a term while learning, don't hesitate to correct me.  When I wrote my novel, I paid someone hundreds of dollars to go over it and tell me what was wrong with it, so I'm quite inured to constructive criticism.

QuoteTo put things in perspective, the population of Jupiter, the Jovian homeworld, is 80% comprised of human (Unsure if flat or gene-modded, but probably just flat) biomorphs who have never used anything other than their own body. It's Flats all the way down for these guys. Flats for days.

I guess they were well and truly set up before the Fall, then?  Or were most people off Earth by that point?  Also, can the aging be dealt with?

The problem with morphs is that there simply isn't the resources to make that many of them. From the fall of earth is a constant, billions-strong demand for morphs. It's nearly impossible to create a surplus. The Ultimates also have this nazi-indoctrination thing they have going. Like Onegal said, it's nuanced.

Gotcha.  They just actually think it's better to leave people in the stacks than live in sub-par bodies.

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 05, 2016, 02:07:06 PM
When it comes to the city we'll be starting the game in, I think that Antimony is also in the same boat of it making more sense for her to live in Valles-New Shanghai, though I am otherwise open to both options.

In fact, if commuting in for a Firewall assignment is an option, perhaps she could even live in New Elysium and simply take a train to whichever city we start in?

Commuting may be an option.  What would a domicile look like for someone with Credits 2?

Quote from: ThisOneGal on February 05, 2016, 02:07:58 PM
Yes, but identity theft is a big thing. Especially among Firewall Sentinels.

Right, technology to fool technology.

QuoteCloser to human level intelligence. Same with cetaceans (whales and dolphins), non-human primates, and pigs.

Cats and dogs aren't uplifted yet, but should be soon. One of the uplift characters in Panopticon is betting on dogs being first.

Essentially, all the low hanging fruit has been picked. Everything else is a lot harder.

IIRC dolphins are about as smart as dogs, so if they've already done dolphins, that seems a safe bet.

Morphs are crazy expensive to make; the only people who are really even attempting to produce them in mass quantities are the Titanians with their 'one body per mind' policy.

Curious about said, but reading up on it.

And for them, it's less about what morph you have than it is about why you have that morph. Imagine the philosophy of relentless character optimization applied to real life, and everyone's survival depends on us having the most optimal builds because the GM is a fucking asshole. That's sorta the Ultimate viewpoint.

I would imagine that they're much more about enhancing themselves than destroying the others, then.  Of course, I may be wrong.

ThisOneGal

QuoteIn fact, if commuting in for a Firewall assignment is an option, perhaps she could even live in New Elysium and simply take a train to whichever city we start in?

Elysium is literally almost on the opposite side of Mars from VNS and NQ, so commuting is probably not an option. Might be able to make it work though. You could also have your character be incidentally in VNS/NQ at the start of the game for personal reasons.

Firewall cares more about you being where they need you when they need you. Commuting is not desirable, and there are a lot of people on Mars.
But then again, the Sentinels your Router has access to might not be convenient. Firewall works with what its got.

QuoteI guess they were well and truly set up before the Fall, then?  Or were most people off Earth by that point?  Also, can the aging be dealt with?

The Jovians are mostly people who were successfully evacuated.
Aging can be dealt with, to a point for both Jovians and transhumans. The simple fact of the matter for the Jovians is that their leaders and the like will die eventually, and a lot sooner than everyone else will.
For everyone else, the psychological effects are more of an issue. Simply put, we don't know how badly living for more than two centuries screws you up, but the evidence suggests the outlook is not good.

QuoteUltimates

Eh... the Ultimate position on others is... complex.
So far all that's known for sure is they've bought a crapload of infomorph fall-evacuees, but no one knows what they're doing with them. General consensus is 'probably not anything good'.

Read up more on the Ultimates in Firewall and Rimward (their main base, Xiphos, is in Neptunian orbit).

QuoteWhat would a domicile look like for someone with Credits 2?

Eh, depends. I'm willing to be flexible. In general, the more you have, the more you have to lose.

If you want guidelines, these are from Transhuman. You don't have to follow them; Credits is more of a representation of liquid assets; +0 could mean you're spending everything you have to maintain a Luxury lifestyle.

BASICS (TRIVIAL COST) Credits +0
It is possible to survive on almost nothing.
Biomorph: Most habitats offer a few public makers
and fabbers that provide basic food, beverages, and
clothing, though the taste and quality is often quite
poor. On Mars, you get by on the streets in the souks
or rough it in the Martian countryside. Everywhere
else, you sleep in public areas or out-of-the-way
maintenance corridors. You walk, bike, or rely on
cheap public transit to get around. Your vagrancy
may be illegal, putting you in a state of tension with
the local police.
Synthmorph: You live in the darkest recesses of the
habitat, in areas reserved for the clanking masses—or
on the actual physical outside of it.
Infomorph: You exist entirely on public mesh
servers and avoid the paywalled simulspaces.

LOW (LOW COST) Credits +1
Poverty is just a small step up from living on the street.
Luckily, augmented reality filters can make it seem a
lot better.
Biomorph: Habitat space is limited, but you have
your own coffin-sized living capsule. On Mars, you
might even have a yurt or one part of a converted
shipping-container dwelling. You rely on cheap
public transport.
Synthmorph: You actually have a small
private storage pod for downtime and to keep a
few possessions.
Infomorph: You pay for private space on a
cloud server and access to a few cheap simul-
space environments.

MODERATE (MODERATE COST) Credits +2
Your living conditions are modest and frugal, but far
from terrible. Some polities offer this lifestyle as a
basic income guarantee to all citizens for free.
Biomorph: On a habitat, you have a private
dwelling, though it is little more than a glorified closet.
On Mars, you have a studio apartment, share a small
apartment with a roommate, or have a small shack
out in the dust. Your budget allows for occasional
vehicle rental and eating out once in a while.
Synthmorph: You have more space available to you
than a biomorph of an equivalent lifestyle, as you do
not need to budget for food and clothing. You can
afford regular maintenance and upkeep.
Infomorph: You pay for space on a private server
and access to some of the best simulspaces available.

HIGH (HIGH COST) Credits +3
You live a comfortable, privileged existence.
dwelling equivalent to a decent-sized apartment back
on Earth. On Mars, you have an actual house. Your
budget includes vehicle expenses. You can afford real
food in addition to the vat-grown stuff.
Synthmorph: As an equivalent biomorph, but with
more of an allowance for recreational and luxury
goods and services.
Infomorph: You pay for space on an enhanced
server and access to exclusive, top-of-the-
line simulspaces.

LUXURY (EXPENSIVE COST) Credits +4
You are among the elite.
Biomorph: On a habitat, you have a luxurious
house-sized space or private section. On Mars, you
have an actual luxury condo or mansion. Your budget
includes multiple vehicle and bot expenses. You eat
real food cooked by transhumans.
Synthmorph: As an equivalent biomorph.
Infomorph: You rent space on an enhanced or
specialized server, which includes private simul-
space environments.

AUTONOMIST LIFESTYLE (FREE) Civ Rep
In (non-Extropian) autonomist strongholds, charac-
ters do not need to purchase a lifestyle. Everyone
equally enjoys a lifestyle based on the resources
available to their habitat, usually roughly equiva-
lent to the Moderate lifestyle described above.
Autonomist characters, however, must contribute
to the well-being of their community if they want
to remain on good-terms with their neighbors. This
requires the equivalent of a few hours a month
helping others or the expenditure of a Moderate
favor once a month.

wander

QuoteI guess they were well and truly set up before the Fall, then?  Or were most people off Earth by that point?

Out of the 12 billion across the system when the Fall happened, only around half a billion survived and Earth was FUBAR. Whilst numbers are given for populaces at the current time of 10 AF (After Fall), there weren't any besides the number of 12 billion across the system. I see the system before the Fall having actually quite small colonies in comparison to Earth, with most the people not exiled to the outer system living on Luna and moreso Mars. The fall of the old ways opened up more avenues for people to try new things, thus we get how things are in the present setting.

Also as far as Jovians go, in the EP books when choosing them as a Faction, they're restrained to have either Flats or Splicers (basically a baseline human cleansed of genetic disorders and molded to be just a tiny bit better than a Flat), so gene-engineering at a minor level is kosher, it's more anything nanotech related they do not deal with. Interestingly if a Jovian can have a Splicer then that opens that they can have cortical stacks, as I don't think a stack uses nanotech itself.

ThisOneGal

Quote from: wander on February 05, 2016, 03:18:50 PM
Also as far as Jovians go, in the EP books when choosing them as a Faction, they're restrained to have either Flats or Splicers (basically a baseline human cleansed of genetic disorders and molded to be just a tiny bit better than a Flat), so gene-engineering at a minor level is kosher, it's more anything nanotech related they do not deal with. Interestingly if a Jovian can have a Splicer then that opens that they can have cortical stacks, as I don't think a stack uses nanotech itself.

Cortical stacks are verboten without special approval. You might have one if you were, say, a spy assigned with infiltrating a transhuman terrorist organization like Firewall and need to blend in.

wander

Makes sense. A Jovian born as a splicer would be pretty good for that kind of work. Not sure why you don't see other morphs as Jovians, I understand that they don't swap morphs and that, however in-canon there were more morphs than Flats and Splicers before the Fall and I can see some Jovians as those who came to that way only when the Fall showed them how bad nanotech and AI could get. Though then biochauvanism comes in, so those Jovians probably get lynched.

Kunoichi

Quote from: ThisOneGal on February 05, 2016, 02:44:13 PM
Elysium is literally almost on the opposite side of Mars from VNS and NQ, so commuting is probably not an option. Might be able to make it work though. You could also have your character be incidentally in VNS/NQ at the start of the game for personal reasons.

Firewall cares more about you being where they need you when they need you. Commuting is not desirable, and there are a lot of people on Mars.
But then again, the Sentinels your Router has access to might not be convenient. Firewall works with what its got.

Ah, never mind on living in Elysium, then.  Reading up more on Noctis-Qianjiao, I'm actually starting to lean towards it more as the more logical place for Antimony to live at.  Les Goules having a presence in and around the city fits in well with the role they play in her backstory, and since there's a red light district in Qianjiao called Wizard Alley, that also leaves an opening for the cover identity I talked about her having in the last thread, working for an escort agency that Firewall owns.  She probably also does freelance work helping some of the underground fabber gangs keep their operations secret from the authorities on the side, just to help pay the rent, since the flavor text talks about living in NQ being rather expensive.

And if the game winds up starting in Valles-New Shanghai, then it shouldn't be that hard to just say that she was flown in to be an expensive 'date' for a corporate suit to take to some big party some big party being thrown in Nytrondheim. ^^

Eh, depends. I'm willing to be flexible. In general, the more you have, the more you have to lose.

If you want guidelines, these are from Transhuman. You don't have to follow them; Credits is more of a representation of liquid assets; +0 could mean you're spending everything you have to maintain a Luxury lifestyle.

BASICS (TRIVIAL COST) Credits +0
It is possible to survive on almost nothing.
Biomorph: Most habitats offer a few public makers
and fabbers that provide basic food, beverages, and
clothing, though the taste and quality is often quite
poor. On Mars, you get by on the streets in the souks
or rough it in the Martian countryside. Everywhere
else, you sleep in public areas or out-of-the-way
maintenance corridors. You walk, bike, or rely on
cheap public transit to get around. Your vagrancy
may be illegal, putting you in a state of tension with
the local police.
Synthmorph: You live in the darkest recesses of the
habitat, in areas reserved for the clanking masses—or
on the actual physical outside of it.
Infomorph: You exist entirely on public mesh
servers and avoid the paywalled simulspaces.

LOW (LOW COST) Credits +1
Poverty is just a small step up from living on the street.
Luckily, augmented reality filters can make it seem a
lot better.
Biomorph: Habitat space is limited, but you have
your own coffin-sized living capsule. On Mars, you
might even have a yurt or one part of a converted
shipping-container dwelling. You rely on cheap
public transport.
Synthmorph: You actually have a small
private storage pod for downtime and to keep a
few possessions.
Infomorph: You pay for private space on a
cloud server and access to a few cheap simul-
space environments.

MODERATE (MODERATE COST) Credits +2
Your living conditions are modest and frugal, but far
from terrible. Some polities offer this lifestyle as a
basic income guarantee to all citizens for free.
dwelling, though it is little more than a glorified closet.
On Mars, you have a studio apartment, share a small
apartment with a roommate, or have a small shack
out in the dust. Your budget allows for occasional
vehicle rental and eating out once in a while.
Synthmorph: You have more space available to you
than a biomorph of an equivalent lifestyle, as you do
not need to budget for food and clothing. You can
afford regular maintenance and upkeep.
Infomorph: You pay for space on a private server
and access to some of the best simulspaces available.

HIGH (HIGH COST) Credits +3
You live a comfortable, privileged existence.
dwelling equivalent to a decent-sized apartment back
on Earth. On Mars, you have an actual house. Your
budget includes vehicle expenses. You can afford real
food in addition to the vat-grown stuff.
Synthmorph: As an equivalent biomorph, but with
more of an allowance for recreational and luxury
goods and services.
Infomorph: You pay for space on an enhanced
server and access to exclusive, top-of-the-
line simulspaces.

LUXURY (EXPENSIVE COST) Credits +4
You are among the elite.
Biomorph: On a habitat, you have a luxurious
house-sized space or private section. On Mars, you
have an actual luxury condo or mansion. Your budget
includes multiple vehicle and bot expenses. You eat
real food cooked by transhumans.
Synthmorph: As an equivalent biomorph.
Infomorph: You rent space on an enhanced or
specialized server, which includes private simul-
space environments.

AUTONOMIST LIFESTYLE (FREE) Civ Rep
In (non-Extropian) autonomist strongholds, charac-
ters do not need to purchase a lifestyle. Everyone
equally enjoys a lifestyle based on the resources
available to their habitat, usually roughly equiva-
lent to the Moderate lifestyle described above.
Autonomist characters, however, must contribute
to the well-being of their community if they want
to remain on good-terms with their neighbors. This
requires the equivalent of a few hours a month
helping others or the expenditure of a Moderate
favor once a month.

Given that Antimony is likely going to use Cover and/or Infosec to create an advantage on any Credit checks she might have to make, I think I'll just say that her Moderate lifestyle is probably taking up most of her actual money, and that any extra expenditures she makes while on the job for Firewall are usually made with other peoples' money.

FarFetched

Quote from: wander on February 05, 2016, 03:31:31 PM
Not sure why you don't see other morphs as Jovians, I understand that they don't swap morphs and that, however in-canon there were more morphs than Flats and Splicers before the Fall and I can see some Jovians as those who came to that way only when the Fall showed them how bad nanotech and AI could get.
It's worth mentioning that the Catholic Church is a fundamental institution in Jovian society. The concept of a "soul" and humans being the species of choice in the eyes of God are pretty important to a large amount of them. To the rest of transhumanity, this makes them pretty alien to most folk.

wander

As far as Lifestyles go, I'm going to think a Low Cost Lifestyle really would make things easier for my character and covers him.

Although I'm good for him to have a Basics Lifestyle as he may flit from his morph and hang out on the Mesh in down-time, likely having his actual home as a private autonomist server and some simulspace access he gets through favours. Does something like that sound okay?

ThisOneGal

That sounds fine. The wealth stuff is just guidelines.

And apparently I should be using 'Cred' for the skill instead of 'Credits'. Eh, whatevs. We all know what I mean by 'Credits'.

FarFetched

Taking street-cred to a whole new level.

I changed one of Jane's Aspects because of a small amount of overlap. Now, her second Misc. Aspect is "I Had Fun Once; It Was Terrible ". I also added an Invoke and Compel section to her Bio, describing those aspects.

Re Z L

Quote from: FarFetched on February 05, 2016, 06:08:58 PM
Taking street-cred to a whole new level.

I changed one of Jane's Aspects because of a small amount of overlap. Now, her second Misc. Aspect is "I Had Fun Once; It Was Terrible ". I also added an Invoke and Compel section to her Bio, describing those aspects.

And before I forget:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=260oetpb9mM
A&A

ThisOneGal

Ah, Oglaf. ^^

Aspects look fine. If you want me to nitpick, I think Traumatized Fall-Veteran overlaps too much with Ruthless Veteran and I had Fun Once; It Was Terrible. I'd personally drop it for something else, since i can't think of a situation where I would allow Traumatized Fall-Veteran but not one of the others.

Overlapping Aspects is fine, by the way. I just find it helps you really get to grips with a character by avoiding overlapping stuff.

Hmm. Another nitpick: I had Fun Once; It Was Terrible should be formatted as I had Fun Once. It Was Terrible. or something similar. The semi-colon is basically a reserved character in the FATE layout for separating aspects. :P You don't need to change it though, just so long as we all know that it's one Aspect, not two.

Also, this:

Morph: Jovian Battlesuit [Morph Stunt]
Morph: Jovian Battlesuit [Morph Stunt]

For the final version, you should specify which stunts. Given the unique case of Jane's Battlesuit, I'm fine with these changing a lot (representing power redirection or whatever), but they should be listed. Morphs stunts are surprising easy to change as well. By default you can swap them around pretty much whenever you have a break from combat. Given that her Battlesuit has modular, I'm fine with 1 in-combat change per session.

Speaking of sessions/Refresh. Since this is play-by-post and not a weekly meetup, session related stuff is going to be determined by in-game stuff, most likely major plot stuff. This'll take a bit for me to nail down properly, so once we get going, feel free to comment on if you think you're getting enough 'Sessions' or too many/too few. Session count primarily effects when you get new FATE points with Refresh, per-session stunts, and character advancement.

EDIT: Don't tease the octopus, kids!

FarFetched

Wait, I can actually use that refresh for kickass morph stunts!?

ThisOneGal

Yeah; the Refresh cost of a morph is how many of its morph stunts you have to buy to use it. So you need to buy two of the three stunts listed.

EDIT:

So for a Fury, which has:

Stunts: Armor, Enhanced Senses, Medichines, Reflex Boosters, Structural Enhancement
Refresh: 1

You have to buy at least one of the listed stunts. You can buy more from the list, or buy extra ones not on the list, but you must have at least one from the list.

FarFetched

Oh, that'll be fun when tacking on additions with the suit's Modular Construction trait. I've decided to go with Strength and Armor for now.

I'm gonna stick with Jane's aspects though (minus removing that pesky semi-colon). I kinda sorted it out so that "Ruthless Veteran" covers her physical ability, while "Traumatized Fall Survivor" Covers her PTSD and her memory of the war. Finally, the "I Had Fun Once; It was Terrible" Is mostly a result of her isolation from other people, largely caused by "Traumatized Fall Survivor", but still independent from that emotional baggage.

IDK, I actually kinda like that they're subtly linked; After all, Jane's biggest problem is that she's letting her experiences with Fall govern her whole life.

Re Z L

Quote from: FarFetched on February 05, 2016, 07:15:16 PM
Oh, that'll be fun when tacking on additions with the suit's Modular Construction trait. I've decided to go with Strength and Armor for now.

I'm gonna stick with Jane's traits though (minus removing that pesky semi-colon). I kinda sorted it out so that "Ruthless Veteran" covers her physical ability, while "Traumatized Fall Survivor" Covers her PTSD and her memory of the war. Finally, the "I Had Fun Once; It was Terrible" Is mostly a result of her isolation from other people, largely caused by "Traumatized Fall Survivor", but still independent from that emotional baggage.

IDK, I actually kinda like that they're subtly linked; After all, Jane's biggest problem is that she's letting her experiences with Fall govern her whole life.

There, there, just lay back in this chair and tell Anima all about it...

*Gets out a little notepad.*
A&A