Ixy's Ideas, Fantasy and Modern Settings

Started by Ixy, April 15, 2007, 03:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ixy

I just wanted to throw out a couple of ideas, just to see who's interested.  If interested, please let me know here, or privately, with your ideas. 

As far as structure, I tend toward free-form with a consentual outcome, small-group games.  If you're curious about how I tend to write, please feel free to view any of the other games from my post history just to see if your styles 'click'.

FUN WITH FELONIES> I'm thinking one of two crime-drama scenarios: Freelance assassination in a variety of exotic locales, from the upper-crust to the dregs of society, OR the rise of an organized crime figure, with the potential to explore scenarios at various points in her life.

In fact, the organized crime game could go large-scale, with a large number of players taking on different roles in different organizations.  Interested?

DEMON SEEDS> A girl grows into womanhood and develops strange, undetermined powers... martial and intellectual, she struggles to find the nature of her abilities and slowly comes to comprehend her nature as the new queen of a race of freakishly powerful and twisted beings around the world-- one of the many childer of a demonic figre, she has inherited a recessive trait from her family line: humanity.  Alone, she will seek them out and face them wherever they hide.

Some are almost human in appearance, some are definitely not... all are corrupted in some way, and possess superhuman power and authority. 

The role here isn't clearly defined, and is open to interpretation.

A few ideas for half-demons around the world (recycled from "Marah'khi")

Marak: A Lord of the Hunt.
   Marak is a more feral half-demon, legendary for her ability to track, hunt, and do battle.  She is said to entertain herself by seeking out the most rare, exquisite, and elusive prey in the world.
   She stands over six feet in height, is typically reported by the few who have seen her as wearing red and black armor like the scales of a great beast, with huge claws on her feet and hands.  It is assumed that she is female because she is reported to have breasts on her armor and that she walks with a bold, feminine sway.  She is also reported to be riddled across her body with venemous horns or spines.  They say her face is that of a gold and black goat, with curling horns aside her face, blazing red eyes, and a massive mane of coppery red hair... this may be a mask, however.

Shir'Hazad: A Lord of the Slaughter.
      All that is known of him is that he is massive... said to be half-again as large as a full grown man... and that he has only been seen where there is death, wearing his black and silver armor decorated with the skulls, teeth, tusks and claws of his prey.  His helmet is fashioned with metal and the massive skull of a giant reptile, so that it looks as though he stares with dead, black eyes from the dead sockets, and speaks through its perpetually-open, many-teethed mouth.

Krivinia: A Lord of Flesh.
   Rumor is that Krivinia is female, and that she receives regular visits from other half-demons... perhaps she is their equivalent of a socialite.  Rumors also state that she collects attractive human servants, though none are ever known to have returned to their families to report the conditions of their stay.  She is rumored to be many things; some say she is a leathery-winged, harpy-like demon, some say she is a hairy giant with a hundred tetes for nursing devils, venemous serpents, and wolves.  Some say she has as many arms as an octopus, and that each wields a different implement of destruction or vice, from opium pipes to flogs to phalluses to razors.

Kinks in this game: be warned.
Potential for Non-Con, capture, bondage, blood and guts.  This game requires some roar from both sides.  And, knowing that incest is taboo for many, the idea involves children of the same demonic force, and there will probably be some incest between half-siblings.  As a consolation, the related-half is strictly extra-planar, supernatural beings, not between relatives in the sense that we know it... fiction!!! That's all!!!  (hides)

UPDATE #1, 5/4/07

Idea: A big turn-on for me is the discussion of sexual pasts, preferences, fantasies... so to explore this, how about reviving the Truth or Dare game..?  Robguy put one together, and it was quite fun, imho... anyone.

OPENING UP> Another idea might be roleplaying a group of friends in their first year of college, creative types from a writer's group or project who are just coming out of their shells, experimenting and getting used to themselves and their sexualities... maybe after a meeting, close to exam week, their growing friendship, trust... mutual stress, curiosity... add the tension of several mutual attractions that could grow into more, or already have..?  Sounds pretty boring, I guess, but could be worked out into something really great.

RedEve

Ixy, I played in something similar to your first idea. A mobster roleplay.
It was fun, and attracted a lot of interest, however, the person running it had a hard time keeping people interested.
That kind of setting can easily lead to very one-dimensional roleplays.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Ixy

Quote from: RedEve on April 15, 2007, 03:31:02 PM
Ixy, I played in something similar to your first idea. A mobster roleplay.
It was fun, and attracted a lot of interest, however, the person running it had a hard time keeping people interested.
That kind of setting can easily lead to very one-dimensional roleplays.

I'm sure... just an idea.  Perhaps it's better suited to a short-term, small group game.  I'm sure as hell not going to run it.  *smirk*

Thing is, I used to play this game called "Millennium's End".  It had the most realistic combat system I've seen in a table-top game, but calling it complex would be an understatement... seems like there'd be some way to translate it to a database or something...

Anyway, one of my friends and I had a very interesting game going with a very Scarface-like scenario... the rise from small-time hood to kingpin, then the fall from grace.  It seems like that's where this would have the most potential, as the character/s grow and adapt... but, like I said, it's just an idea.

Ixy

HybridHalf

Quote from: Ixy on April 15, 2007, 03:10:17 PM
DEMON SEEDS> A girl grows into womanhood and develops strange, undetermined powers... martial and intellectual, she struggles to find the nature of her abilities and slowly comes to comprehend her nature as the new queen of a race of freakishly powerful and twisted beings around the world-- one of the many childer of a demonic figre, she has inherited a recessive trait from her family line: humanity.  Alone, she will seek them out and face them wherever they hide.

Some are almost human in appearance, some are definitely not... all are corrupted in some way, and possess superhuman power and authority. 

The role here isn't clearly defined, and is open to interpretation.

Meaning as in a crusade, or in trying to "Convert" them with humanity?

Ixy

Quote from: HybridHalf on May 05, 2007, 05:58:21 AM
Meaning as in a crusade, or in trying to "Convert" them with humanity?
I was thinking as a crusade, but... like I said, it's all open to interpretation... it makes sense for her to try to reign them in and convert them before putting them out of their misery.

I have a few ideas for the demonic half-breeds around the world, and am in the process of adding them above... these characters can be played by me, by people interested in a one-shot scenario, or many by a single partner.   It's all up in the air.

MagicalPen

I'd be interested in that last idea - OPENING UP - if you'd like to...negotiate it?

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Ixy

Quote from: Silvestine on May 05, 2007, 08:57:43 AM
I'd be interested in that last idea - OPENING UP - if you'd like to...negotiate it?

Absolutely... what are your ideas?

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games