The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Started by Inkidu, January 11, 2011, 09:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anjasa

I finally finished the main quest line >.>

I thought it was a lot of fun! I'm level 58 now.

Inkidu

Quote from: Anjasa on February 11, 2012, 06:56:37 AM
I finally finished the main quest line >.>

I thought it was a lot of fun! I'm level 58 now.
I can barely get to 30 without it slowing to a crawl! D: Right now I'm trying to collect all the dragon shouts, or at least enough for the Tu'um master achievements. I got the last word of Elemental Fury and I think I swing my claymore at dagger speeds with Sweep. They are like so much wheat before the scythe.

Also, dragons: Why you no show up anymore? In my last game I barely touched the main quest. Literally just enough to get my shout unlocked and I had dragons everywhere. Solitude had more dragon corpses in its streets than it had room. The College of Winterhold had one stuck in a window.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

I managed to find a bandit so weak he cannot harm me (Mudcrabs do a lil damage, this guy was boffing me with a foam bat) and for some reason, he would not move, just whacked me a few times, backed up a bit, cocked his head as if to ponder why I wasn't injured and then hop back in for a few more frustrated swings. So, I just left.

Went and made a coffee, sat down to finish a comic I'd put off, did some laundry... an hour later, I came back and taped the mouse so I was blocking and went to watch a movie. I came back and both Heavy Armour and Blocking had gone up about 15 levels each, to between 50 and 60.

So, playing normally, they'll max out in about a million years. I'm starting to think everyone who had level 92 characters on November 12th just brainstormed power leveling techniques. I've seen someone max their Alteration in one spell. One. Fucking. Spell.

Kaiten

Well according to Bethesda, it's supposed to slow to a crawl around 25-30, but they plan on raising it later. You broke the game!!!

Shjade

Quote from: Sabby on February 11, 2012, 07:47:28 AM
I've seen someone max their Alteration in one spell. One. Fucking. Spell.
That either involved modding or a console command, or a lot of leveling of other skills beforehand to get a huge amount of mana (or to reduce Alteration spell costs by 100% through enchanting/alchemy). You can't cast a spell high enough to provide massive skill experience without having the perks in the tree to cut spell costs in half - they have massive mana costs in the expert/master tier. Alteration levels up pretty fast (as does Illusion with Muffle), but not that fast.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Sabby

4 articles of clothing, each reduced Alteration casting cost by 25%. Guy used Telekinisis to lift a cup and when he dropped it forever later he was a GOD of moving things.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Sabby on February 11, 2012, 10:34:42 AM
4 articles of clothing, each reduced Alteration casting cost by 25%. Guy used Telekinisis to lift a cup and when he dropped it forever later he was a GOD of moving things.

Hmmmmm.......

Anjasa

Thought you needed to be a certain alteration level to get telekinesis.

That's how I leveled mine though.

Also, I sold 80k worth of goods before giving up and just giving everything away for free. How do I have so much stuff to sell all the time?

Sabby

When a merchant runs out of money, just stand behind the counter for two days.

Inkidu

Started a Redguard thief game (I shun your conventions). Traded up alchemy for smithing. My hopes is to get at least to fifty so I can up magical stuff. Then I'll switch to enchanting for about fifty. None of that wimpy archery stuff either. Two daggers or bust, baby. I already got arrested and broke out of jail. Woo! I even walked into the dungeon, lifted the key off of one guard and got my swag back. I am above the law! Though, I figure most are.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

A Redguard who steals shit and doesn't care for The Man? His name wouldn't be TJ or Tyrone would it?

Callie Del Noire

Tried the TK trick.. no kidding it works.. cast, use a rubber band to hold the trigger.. and watch your skill ROCKET up.

Of course in an attempt to get my warrior up on the magic side I did similar things with all the spell skills I could.. I'm now 100 in all spell skills BUT destruction.

Oneiros

*chuckles* I use magic as a skill dump to level up too when I want a skill point to spend... Before I did though, I got to be the Archmage without a single skill or perk in magic. I had to cast a few spells, but for the most part it wasn't even necessary.

Callie Del Noire

Well I'm spreading the perks around.. most 'useless' was getting 'Dragonbone' smithing. :D

I got it so I could go light armor.. it was the best light armor in the game.. and I came at it from Daedric. :D

Oneiros

Lol, I did the same thing, mainly so I could make daedric weapons, since they are among the most powerful. Missing the lighter armor perks though because I really like my DB/Nightengale armor! The Dragonscale armor doesn't look nearly as cool. But at least I don't have to look at it most of the time, what with it mainly being a first-person game.

Callie Del Noire

Impressions on stealth..

Yes.. You can sneak on and one-shot a giant.

No.. apparently you can't sneak up on a mammoth(s). The suckers are the Obi-wan Kenobis of Friggin Skyrim. Even with invisiblty they sense my presence JUST before I can shank them.

That being said.. best kill so far.. Persuading the Caller to give me the books..then invisiing and shiving her.  :D

Anjasa

Quote from: Sabby on February 11, 2012, 03:51:58 PM
When a merchant runs out of money, just stand behind the counter for two days.

Yea, I wait 2 days, but getting that 80k gold cost me about 2-3 hours, I think :x

Oneiros

I'd work myself around in a circle selling to all the armorers/general goods/wizards in each city... *thinks* Start at Whiterun (it was my "base"), go to Riften, Windhelm, Winterhold, Dawnstar, Solitude, Markarth, and Falkreath, and then I get back to Whiterun and the original merchants had reset. Took a while (a lot of loading screens plus I'd arrive at some cities at night and have to wait until morning for the shops to open) but I tended to gt rid of all my junk and stock up on things I needed like healing potions, arrows, and soul gems.

... I ran out of arrows so freaking fast. I'd think "I'm fine, I have like two hundred" and a couple dungeons later I'd be all "WHERE THE HELL ARE MY ARROWS?! *runs around in a panic looking for some on corpses while a boss noms on my face*"

Inkidu

I think the Riften Jail might be broke. Most have a hidden way out of them. Whiterun for example has a novice hatch that drops you into the absurdly-spacious sewer below, and it's a quick run to freedom, stop on the way to grab your junk from the chests which you can access from a broken out drain.

Riften has some kind of bug in it. They have a broken shackle in you jail cell, but when you activate it, it does nothing. Well, that's not true. A guard comes in and kills you. So I just lifted the key off the guard as he passed and sneaked out. Wrong, even when you leave the jail they're waiting right there to kill you. Damn it Bethesda, how am I supposed to never be imprisoned if I can't escape? Plus, I shun your 25 gold bounties. Like I'm going to pay that.

Sabby

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Sabby on February 12, 2012, 04:37:28 PM
...DLC better be good.

Damn skippy.. I want to do more dragon riding. :D

Chris Brady

I don't.  Dragons are BAD GUYS, not pets in Skyrim.  Gimme mamoth riding instead though.   But everything else?  I WANT.  And most of which should NOT be DLC.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Sabby

DLC on it's own? Harsh. It's a free update. But included in a DLC pack? Definitely. An island with new monsters, weapon types, main quest, side quests, that kind of deal.

Shjade

Quote from: Inkidu on February 12, 2012, 07:30:29 AM
Damn it Bethesda, how am I supposed to never be imprisoned if I can't escape?
Um. If you have to escape, you've already been imprisoned.

You're supposed to never be imprisoned by not getting caught.

Tch, sloppy criminals, making the rest of us look bad.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.