Time After Time

Started by Blinkin, August 19, 2016, 07:52:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

Throughout time, we have grown up with stories, ledgends and even myths of love eternal; of love so strong and true that even death would be unable to bar it's foundation. Bards from Ovid to Shakespeare and beyond wrote of it in the great love stories... But what if it wasn't just a story, a legend or even a myth? What if, such a story were actually true?

Long, long ago… before the Roman Republic; before the pyramids laid shadows upon the sands; even before Atlantis fell, A Princess found such a love in the form of a stable-boy. A forbidden thing that could of resulted in far worse than a head leaving it's shoulders or stones thrown in a plaza for the very thought of such a union. But, the two refused to give up their love and in the deep moonless darkness of a horse's stall, consummated their love, and dared even the Gods to gainsay how true and eternal that their love was. The Gods, of course, took exception to this defiance to their will.

To test this love so true and so unbreakable; a bond so lasting that the will of an entire pantheon could not sunder it was unforgivable... so they cursed it.

Until the end of time; lifetime after lifetime, the two would have to prove again and again how true and pure their love would be. For life after life, they would seek only that which they had dared to hold and if ever they failed, tragedy would befall all that they held most dear...

yet, the lovers would not be spared their trial. In each life that they lived, they would continually search for that in which they had claimed was unbreakable., to discover anew and reclaim what was in their hearts or risk all that they loved in trade for the rest of that life; to know no other beyond what they had failed to find. while the Gods were cruel in their curse and to demand a challenge, a trial to again defy their decree. But, one of the gods took pitty upon the couple and provided them a chance; in each life lived, they would know each other on sight and have that opportunity to rediscover their love. So the long, long series of lifetimes began.

The lovers did not always succeed, of course. Sometimes, they never found each other... sometimes, death took one before they might know the touch of love... Once, the two lovers touched, but did not know. Each time, they must find each other, they must rebuild their love and consummate it again.

Sometimes, they had decades together, sometimes days. In the 19th century, she had been the daughter of a plantation owner and he a new slave... in 1912, they had met aboard an ocean liner only to drown a few days later... once, he had been a German soldier and she a resistance fighter... a brother and a sister... a parent and a child, royalty and peasant, a priest and a whore, every combination that could be conceived over a hundred lifetimes... what will it be this time?

Obviously, this could go in a dozen different directions, and I'm very open to anything that a potential partner would like to offer up. There must be some complication, some hurdle for them to overcome, but in the end, their love will continue. I'm willing to play either role and the level of sexual content is open to discussion, although I would like to focus at least as much on the story as the sexual content. I imagine things like flash-backs to previous lives and experiences, rocky roads and conflicts... issues and challenges to overcome on what is a fairly normal life. Even true love, after all, doesn't mean that things are always easy... life is messy, after all.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in talking about the potential, drop me a PM and I'll be happy to talk about it.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Blinkin

"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Blinkin

My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.